Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the XB1 and PS4 editions of Watch Dogs ever available at Best Buy? Seems only the X360 and PS3 were available (and still are). I really wanted to use the GCU discount on it there.
They were available months ago. They haven't been available since the new GCU 20% off program started.

Any chance that the Titanfall Collector's Edition will come back in stock for Xbox One?  I know I am late to the party but I was not sure if I could afford it until now.

I looked up the ffx hd fiasco online now that I am officially awake and it seems everyone and their MOM has gotten this email so something is going on at DR

Edit: Someone posted a convo they had with DR about it:
"
Gotta be a reason everyone has gotten the same email, this was posted on the SE Forums.

I called Digital River/Square Enix.

They said they were "waiting for additional items" before the order could be shipped.

They also, for some reason, have TODAY listed as the release date but said due to item availability it will not ship/release until 3/11 instead.

I said "hmm, that's interesting. My understanding is that the release date is 3/18."

They said "no, it is March 10th."

So I said thanks and hung up.

This is my interpretation: They either erroneously have the release date in their system as 3/10 but don't have all the product yet (my guess is the soundtrack) so since they are missing today's fulfillment, it automatically sends an email to everyone that it is backordered, or they set their release dates to whenever they intend to start shipping preorders out - and they intended to do that today - but couldn't because not all of the items are ready yet so it will be sent tomorrow. But, as a result, since they are missing the date they set in the system, the system automatically sent that notification to everyone.

This is not based on fact - just my interpretation of a conversation I had with a Digital River representative and what I know about corporate systems. So take this post for what it is."

Yup, just got the email today.  Pre-ordered on 12/20.

Kinda sorta happy that so any others are getting it, as that suggests a DR screw up instead of actual inventory shortage, which means we should hopefully all get what we ordered.

Now I just have to figure out how to deal with Bank of America replacing my credit card that all my pre-orders are attached to.  UGH.  Twice this year I've had to replace it.  What a pain in the ass.

Well that is a bit of a stress reliever, lets just hope this is what is happening. I mean you can still order them on their website, I just added five into my cart and had no problem doing so. I also like that it says in the description in red, " SHIPS EARLY FOR LAUNCH DAY DELIVERY." When you scroll down it has *Launch day delivery not guaranteed.

Was the XB1 and PS4 editions of Watch Dogs ever available at Best Buy? Seems only the X360 and PS3 were available (and still are). I really wanted to use the GCU discount on it there.
The CEs were available for a while but then sold out and haven't been back sense. I'm personally hoping for a restock too since I'd also rather buy at Best Buy for their 20% discount. Buying a full price CE at $130 + tax doesn't sit right with me :speaktothehand:

My Dark Souls 2 CE shipped and I'm not feeling great about the condition it will arrive in. I ordered 3 other items that were all heavy and Amazon decided to ship all 4 in the same box. In fact, they held onto one of the orders for 9 days just to save money on shipping to stick it in the same box. I will keep all my current pre-orders, but I am pretty much done ordering from Amazon at this point for specific items. They have become so awful.

FYI, just got an email from NISA confirming that the Mugen Souls Z CE will be exclusive to their online store:

Mugen Souls Z for the PlayStation 3 follows the goddess Syrma, who meets Chou-Chou just after the end of the first game’s events. Syrma is out to stop an ancient threat to her world that has recently awakened. 9,999 levels of maniacal mishaps and ethereal adventures await Syrma, her crew, and hordes of shampurus as they follow a new story revolving around the zodiac!

This title will release this May 20th, and we'll have two editions available in our Online Store. The Standard Edition of this PS3 game is available for $49.99, check it out right here!

Or if you want to gather more intergalactic fun, you can check out our Online Store exclusive Limited Edition (pictured above)! Available for $69.99, this set can be found here!

The Mugen Souls Z Limited Edition comes in a collectors box that includes:

• Mugen Souls Z game for PlayStation 3
• Online Store exclusive: Hardcover art book
• Online Store exclusive: 16" x 26" Syrma's Awakening Tear-resistant Poster
• Online Store exclusive: 1.5" Zodiac Keychain

FYI, just got an email from NISA confirming that the Mugen Souls Z CE will be exclusive to their online store:
I may need to sign up for NISA's emails again, haven't gotten any new ones in a long while, now I just need to decide if I want this, only played the original for about 2 hours and wasn't really impressed.

Got my Dark Souls guide in the mail today. I will be busy all day tomorrow so it will keep me busy until Wednesday lol. Also been considering cancelling my Witch and the Hundred Knight CE. The extras are nice but the money seems better spent elsewhere. 

Got my Dark Souls guide in the mail today. I will be busy all day tomorrow so it will keep me busy until Wednesday lol. Also been considering cancelling my Witch and the Hundred Knight CE. The extras are nice but the money seems better spent elsewhere.
I'm considering cancelling mine as well due to low review scores and loss of interest.

[quote name="Lord_Riku" post="11598809" timestamp="1394498636"]I'm considering cancelling mine as well due to low review scores and loss of interest.[/quote]

I wasn't expecting such low reviews.

Same, I'm not normally one to base on reviews, but theres quite a few other things I could put that money toward....

But the fact it sold out makes me hesitant, since rarely if ever do they come back. (And usually when they do its cancellations or failed orders)

I'm in the same boat. I'm not sure that it's a game I'm really interested in--and the low review scores make that tenuous interest even more-so. Now that it's sold out, though, there is no going back, so it's not a decision to make lightly! lol

I thought it looked horrible from the jump. I'm an RPG nut, so I'll pretty much buy any RPG CE I think remotely even looks interesting, but to me it looks horrible. I'm treading very carefully on NIS releases from now on. Not a big fan of it lately. I had no problem selling my Time and Eternity.

Yeah...in retrospect I have no idea why the hell I brought Time and Eternity. I knew it was gonna be shit from day one, but I still brought it. Havent even been able to force myself to play it yet after watching a friend stream part of it.

So I picked up my TitanFall CE from BBY tonight and let me just say it's probably the BIGGEST box for a CE I have ever seen I seriously almost could not fit it inside my Sedan vehicle lol, once I unpacked the Titan figure is really amazing in person and mine was numbered 27,257 out of 35,000 it looks absolutely fantastic and massive this and Dark Souls CE are very well done the Dark Souls figure has a nice weight to it for the size. I am very happy right now :).

Decisions, and decisions with the Hundred Knight. I'm leaning towards cancelling just because that money could be used towards something else and the reviews. I could always pick up the standard edition later..... Choices.

Yeah...in retrospect I have no idea why the hell I brought Time and Eternity. I knew it was gonna be shit from day one, but I still brought it. Havent even been able to force myself to play it yet after watching a friend stream part of it.
I ended up getting the collectors edition and I also got the Platinum Trophy for it. If you are looking for an easy Platinum Trophy I suggest playing it. I think it took around ~22-28 hours to get, that is watching all the cut scenes and reading everything. The second play-through on new game + only took ~3-5 hours to beat. Its a really easy game with a shitty story.

i guess i'll cancel my Witch and the Hundred Knight CE and keep my standard $19.99 amazon preorder.

Sure the S-E Twitter message said to disregard the FFX orders but I go into my order history and it's not even showing up there... Is that normal? My order for FFXIV is still there -.-

Sure the S-E Twitter message said to disregard the FFX orders but I go into my order history and it's not even showing up there... Is that normal? My order for FFXIV is still there -.-
I got an email stating that I should disregard the other email that was sent, it was in my spam folder though and it was sent to me around 3:20 pm (EST). This is what it said :

Thank you for your purchase from the Square Enix Online Store.

It's come to our attention that you recently received a backorder notification email regarding the Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster portion of your order. Please disregard this email as it was sent in error. We have stock available to fulfill all pre-order purchases.

We are in the process of transmitting your order of Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster to our warehouse for shipment so that it will arrive on or as close to the March 18, 2014 release date as possible. Your order will be shipping out soon and you will receive a notification email as soon as it is on its way.

We apologize for any confusion this issue may have caused.

Sincerely,
Square Enix online store
Customer Service

Picked up my Titanfall CE. Thing is huge.
Im curious to see how mine ships.

I saw people talking about getting codes to upgrade to the CE so I jumped on bestbuy.com and put a order in then called asking why others got a code but not me and they gave me the upgrade to it.

My Dark Souls 2 CE shipped and I'm not feeling great about the condition it will arrive in. I ordered 3 other items that were all heavy and Amazon decided to ship all 4 in the same box. In fact, they held onto one of the orders for 9 days just to save money on shipping to stick it in the same box. I will keep all my current pre-orders, but I am pretty much done ordering from Amazon at this point for specific items. They have become so awful.
hahaha...

As expected, Amazon crammed all the shit into one box and basically my DS2 CE was used was "packing material" to hold the other items in place. Box has a huge dent on the front and ripped up on the top side of the box. Returning this asap and aside from my current pre-orders I'm so done with Amazon.

I hope they don't flag my account for returning an item as "their fault" so I don't have to pay return shipping since the box isn't completely destroyed and they don't think I'm trying to pull a fast one. But, I really don't care. If they want to flag it, flag it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back