Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Dark Souls 2 CE today and it's probably 7/10, little bit of damage on a bottom corner which doesn't bother me too much. The odd thing is there was something akin to sawdust on it. Brushed right off and didn't leave any kind of smears but that is a first for a video game.

Here's hoping it wasn't anthrax.

I got two CEs in the mail today. Two separate shipments. Both damaged. I've had decent luck with this stuff in the past, but I guess today was fate catching up to me.

hahaha...

As expected, Amazon crammed all the shit into one box and basically my DS2 CE was used was "packing material" to hold the other items in place. Box has a huge dent on the front and ripped up on the top side of the box. Returning this asap and aside from my current pre-orders I'm so done with Amazon.

I hope they don't flag my account for returning an item as "their fault" so I don't have to pay return shipping since the box isn't completely destroyed and they don't think I'm trying to pull a fast one. But, I really don't care. If they want to flag it, flag it.
Not trying to be an ass but maybe you have a UPS problem and not an amazon problem.

Amazon doesn't do a steller packing job with my items either, and most of their boxes are flimsy (obviously they chose lighter weight corrugate so shipping costs are less) but the don't ever show up with dents of holes in the box.

I mean think about it... I doubt the boxes look like that when they leave the AZ warehouse.

What do these all have in common.... A) Bravely Default CE B) Dark Souls CE C) South Park CE

They are all poor designs and magnets for getting damaged unless the utmost of care is taken. I'm sorry... but you're not going to get care like that from a general retailer.

Edit: But FWIW I have a prime account and almost never have any other items ship with my CE's. My orders almost always ship as I place them and don't get combined unless I buy two or three of the same thing at the same time in separate orders.

also got my dark souls 2 collectors edition in a huge box with air packets on one side. i also ordered an attack on titan manga along with some face cream and they just tossed it in the box. the box was mangles but the collectors edition was fine but it had a huge hole on the side of the box which looked like it was prior to packing it.

Not trying to be an ass but maybe you have a UPS problem and not an amazon problem.

Amazon doesn't do a steller packing job with my items either, and most of their boxes are flimsy (obviously they chose lighter weight corrugate so shipping costs are less) but the don't ever show up with dents of holes in the box.

I mean think about it... I doubt the boxes look like that when they leave the AZ warehouse.

What do these all have in common.... A) Bravely Default CE B) Dark Souls CE C) South Park CE

They are all poor designs and magnets for getting damaged unless the utmost of care is taken. I'm sorry... but you're not going to get care like that from a general retailer.
My CE box had a dent, not the shipping box. The shipping box was fine.

The dent came from the items placed around the CE scrunching it inward, damaging the box.

I just find it funny that I called this days before. Amazon waited 9 days to ship my earlier order just to save a buck and jam all my orders in one box. Largest retailer in the world and they nickel and dime that much. That is what frustrates me. Now I gotta return it and re-order. Hey, maybe they'll wait to ship the new one until April so they can ship it in the same box as my next order!

The dent came from the items placed around the CE scrunching it inward, damaging the box.

I just find it funny that I called this days before. Amazon waited 9 days to ship my earlier order just to save a buck and jam all my orders in one box. Largest retailer in the world and they nickel and dime that much. That is what frustrates me. Now I gotta return it and re-order. Hey, maybe they'll wait to ship the new one until April so they can ship it in the same box as my next order!
Sorry i misread:

Amazon crammed all the shit into one box and basically my DS2 CE was used was "packing material" to hold the other items in place. Box has a huge dent on the front and ripped up on the top side of the box.
as the shipping box had a dent.

I guess my results are atypical because I haven't had any problems and I order just about every CE but I typically buy in sets of two so that even the small delicate ones get a box.

Maybe it's a prime vs no prime issue.

Or the warehouse that your orders come from?

Anyone still think there's time to preorder FFX at Best Buy and still get the limited edition?
you trying to get the GCU discount? I would imagine they'll have at least a few Day One copies so I'd think you should be able to. That being said AZ still has it for preorder

Sorry i misread:

I guess my results are atypical because I haven't had any problems and I order just about every CE but I typically buy in sets of two so that even the small delicate ones get a box.

Well, my Bravely Default came in excellent condition. I usually have very good luck with Amazon.

The reason it was damaged was because an Item I ordered back on Feb. 28 was held onto until March 9th so they could ship it in the same box with my Dark Souls 2 CE and my Dark Souls 2 CE guide. That is what pisses me off. If they would have just shipped that order by itself, my CE would have just been shipped with my DS2 CE guide.

The other item I ordered was 3 packs of 100 Verbatim DVDs. They put 2 on one end of the CE box and one on the other end. Then it looks like they stuck the CE in between them and just rammed it down in there. The DVD stacks held the CE in place, but also damaged it.

This was packed very poorly. Hard to describe, but it's blatantly obvious that whoever packed the box did not worry about damaging the CE at all. Just trying to fit it all in there.

you trying to get the GCU discount? I would imagine they'll have at least a few Day One copies so I'd think you should be able to. That being said AZ still has it for preorder
Yes mainly want to pre-order this because of the GCU discount, the listing online doesn't mention anything about getting the limited edition. I remember someone mentioned they would though from the BBY-forums.

Sorry i misread:

I really wish you would stop constantly defending Amazon. Many of us have had multiple bad experiences with their shipping, not only for games but for books and other items. I have had regular sturdy items arrive in a box that looked flawless only to find the item inside covered in black grease, odd food residue, deep scratches and punctures, indentations, etc...I have been a prime member on and off for years and the quality of shipping for prime versus super saver is in time only, not quality. Sure, he could have a bad UPS guy, but he also could have a bad warehouse and maybe Amazon should stop blaming consumers and flagging accounts for the high rate at which they damage items. I've had problems over the years with BB and GS and many other retailers, but never as consistently as I have had them with Amazon. In fact, I haven't ordered a CE from them for over a year because at one point 75%+ of my orders were showing up damaged.

I have never heard of this til I started frequenting the CAG forums, I wonder if it's the area people are in? Like if you're in a rural area or weather prone area or something? Not saying you are, I'm just curious as heck trying to figure it out as in my mind I would imagine there is a better reason than saving a buck and pissing off the customer

I have never heard of this til I started frequenting the CAG forums, I wonder if it's the area people are in? Like if you're in a rural area or weather prone area or something? Not saying you are, I'm just curious as heck trying to figure it out as in my mind I would imagine there is a better reason than saving a buck and pissing off the customer
You'll find similar complaints on lots of non-gaming forums as well. Amazon's entire business model is based on high volume, low cost (i.e. the minimum amount of packing in the least amount of time by the lowest paid labor with the lowest cost shipping services). Essentially, they would rather take back the damaged goods than invest in the infrastructure and additional materials and training needed to correct the problem. Sadly, most consumers don't care about damage and those that do often accept the minimal financial compensation Amazon gives them to avoid the hassle of returning an item. Sure, there are probably some people that are just lucky and magically get every fragile item from Amazon in pristine shape. I just know from my own experience, that of co-workers and family members, as well as friends and fellow collectors all over the country, Amazon is probably about the worst of all major retailers for packaging and as such, I have started ordering anything that is limited or fragile from other retailers that have a much higher success rate at getting me goods in nice condition.

You'll find similar complaints on lots of non-gaming forums as well. Amazon's entire business model is based on high volume, low cost (i.e. the minimum amount of packing in the least amount of time by the lowest paid labor with the lowest cost shipping services). Essentially, they would rather take back the damaged goods than invest in the infrastructure and additional materials and training needed to correct the problem. Sadly, most consumers don't care about damage and those that do often accept the minimal financial compensation Amazon gives them to avoid the hassle of returning an item. Sure, there are probably some people that are just lucky and magically get every fragile item from Amazon in pristine shape. I just know from my own experience, that of co-workers and family members, as well as friends and fellow collectors all over the country, Amazon is probably about the worst of all major retailers for packaging and as such, I have started ordering anything that is limited or fragile from other retailers that have a much higher success rate at getting me goods in nice condition.
That's rich considering they have world class logistics.

I'm as anal as anyone on this site. I have a collection that I'm sure rivals anyone on this site, order as much as anyone on this site and just don't run into the problems you all allegedly do.

If being vocal about that means I'm defending Amazon then I guess I'll wear that.

It just strikes me as funny it's the same 5-10 people that complain about AZ shipping... every.... time.

for the most part i generally get stuff in great condition from amazon its just my dark souls and bravely default that came damaged. i usually order way more than just games too so amazon is generally pretty good for me and most people i know 

Nope, in a major city.

They've been doing this a lot lately. Whenever I place an order that is within 7-10 days of when another order is supposed to ship, they sit on it and ship it all in one order.

Nope, in a major city.

They've been doing this a lot lately. Whenever I place an order that is within 7-10 days of when another order is supposed to ship, they sit on it and ship it all in one order.
you have the option to ship items individually in your account settings. you probably have it set up as wait to ship all at once so you can change that

That's rich considering they have world class logistics.

I'm as anal as anyone on this site. I have a collection that I'm sure rivals anyone on this site, order as much as anyone on this site and just don't run into the problems you all allegedly do.

If being vocal about that means I'm defending Amazon then I guess I'll wear that.

It just strikes me as funny it's the same 5-10 people that complain about AZ shipping... every.... time.
I don't think you understand the term "world class logistics". Just because Amazon is good at delivering the correct item fast at the lowest cost doesn't mean that said item is safely packaged or will arrive damage free. The fact that Amazon frequently ships replacement items in the same crappy packaging is a clue that this is all about the volume for them and they don't really care about trying to accommodate collectors or anyone else that wants items to arrive free of damage. I suspect you are either not as observant as you claim or frankly, just very, very lucky.

As for your other points, it's not the same 5-10 people, it's literally many, many CAGs and many, many people elsewhere. Heck, my brother buys baby goods and books from Amazon weekly and he regularly gets damaged items including punctured and torn baby supplies and badly dented children's books. I have co-workers that have their games and other items sent to their work address and I often see them open damaged items and because they aren't collectors, they just don't care. Indeed, spend some time reviewing comments on Amazon and NeoGaf and here and Gamefaqs and elsewhere on any given CE and almost without fail, you will see dozens or in some cases hundreds of complaints of damage. Of course, when a retailer is shipping thousands of a particular item those complaints may seem like a small percentage, but it certainly is no proof that the majority of people who don't complain had a good experience, just that they didn't bother to complain or post about it either way.

you have the option to ship items individually in your account settings. you probably have it set up as wait to ship all at once so you can change that
Where in the settings is it exactly? Also, doesn't that only apply to one order of multiple items shipping separately?

These are all multiple orders spread way apart that they combine on their own.

Where in the settings is it exactly? Also, doesn't that only apply to one order of multiple items shipping separately?

These are all multiple orders spread way apart that they combine on their own.
i guess its either not there anymore or im remembering incorrectly. I know when you are ordering in stock items you can choose at the check out page.

i guess its either not there anymore or im remembering incorrectly. I know when you are ordering in stock items you can choose at the check out page.
I think that's one order where you have multiple items in your cart at once. Not separate orders from separate dates that they decide to combine on their own. They do it to save money shipping multiple packages. Saves them, but hurt me today as the consumer.

I think that's one order where you have multiple items in your cart at once. Not separate orders from separate dates that they decide to combine on their own. They do it to save money shipping multiple packages. Saves them, but hurt me today as the consumer.
They are doing this to me now as well. I also hadn't ever had a problem with Amazon before, done close to 2,000 orders with them between work and personal use and then in the last 6 months I'm getting damaged and lost packages at almost a 20% rate.

Nobody else I order from is having issues. Amazon has also never turned a profit, everyone should remember that. The gravy train won't last forever.

i usually order multiple collectors editions and items individually because i just randomly see stuff i want and they dont combine my stuff. they may have done it once or twice but its not really something they do often to me and i order A LOT from amazon, literally probably get a package or two from them 3-5x a week.

That's what I've been experiencing a lot lately. I made an order March 5 and it's still not "preparing." I was hoping it's cause my Dark Souls II preorder was coming up. I'll keep ordering from Amazon as long as the price and convenience is good enough, but the shipping isn't as amazing as it used to be.

They usually combine if orders are within 7-10 days in my experiences. They literally held onto an order I made for 9 days so they could ship it with my Dark Souls 2 CE. I mean, how mickey mouse is that? That's something a mom and pop store should do, not Amazon. They seem to be penny pinching a lot lately.

They usually combine if orders are within 7-10 days in my experiences. They literally held onto an order I made for 9 days so they could ship it with my Dark Souls 2 CE. I mean, how mickey mouse is that? That's something a mom and pop store should do, not Amazon. They seem to be penny pinching a lot lately.
do you have prime?

Used to. Didn't renew. My DS2 orders were made when I had Prime.
ok i guess thats why they are waiting on your orders and packaging them together. i have prime so they have to ship mine within their time frame so i guess thats why i never really have the issues you do. ill be renewing my prime as its very convenient for me as i order tons of stuff and generally get my stuff in great condition.

"how mickey mouse is that?"

hahah

hahahahhahahhahah

Pretty neat looking statue.

I'm not sure why they didn't do a DLC/artbook CE for $79.99 or $99.99 and then sell the statue separately through TreeHouse and other gaming merchandise stores for $199.99 or $299.99 or whatever price they felt like the market dictated.

Just amazing to me to think there are 35,000 of these out there though. For anyone who knows anything about statues that is like 35x larger then a normal print run.

I'm going to guess it's because there is no way they would have sold 35,000 (or near that---I don't think it's OOS everywhere) of these statues w/o the game being bundled in and being called a CE.

If anyone is considering cancelling their Witch & the Hundred Knight CE preorder, please send me a PM - I'd really like to take one over from someone.  Kinda regret not getting in on that one.  

So we shouldn't talk about the good stuff that apparently only does right for the random few of us here? Gotcha.
You can talk about whatever you want. I just don't appreciate your buddy GBAStar always accusing the many other CAGs who have bad packaging experiences with Amazon of somehow being the cause of the problem or exaggerating the problem or of being in a tiny minority.

If Amazon works well for you on fragile items, that's great. Unfortunately, for the rest of us it's becoming an increasingly bad choice and Amazon is solely responsible for that, not our UPS guy or our OnTrac guy or whatever cheap carrier Amazon is using now or the fact that we are or aren't Prime or publishers not using Amazon bubble envelope resistant packaging or whatever other excuse GBAStar wants to make on behalf of Amazon today. Amazon is not your friend, they are a corporation with a singular goal of making money. I have no issue with that, but as a collector, it conflicts with my goal of getting my video games in nice condition more often than not. As such, I have started using other sources like GS and BB that have done a much better job on average than Amazon with recent releases. Everyone is free to make their own choices, but nobody should have the right to essentially call myself and others who have had problems with Amazon liars which is frankly what GBAStar has done here and in other threads.

Well then it sucks to be you!  Nearly everything I order from Amazon comes in fantastic condition, not to mention they provide the best, most affordable service of any retailer out there.

Also all the people complaining in this thread about the procedures of free shipping are a joke lol

You want it shipped right away?  Then separate your orders and pay for the shipping.  I would have thought this was common sense.

The sheer size if the Titanfall CE box is incredible. I figured it would be similar in size to TLOU PPE, boy was I ever wrong. Mine should be delived tomorrow. I ordered online at BB for delivery and I'm elite plus so I got free expedited shipping. I'm worried that BB is just going to slap a shipping label on it and send it on its way and it will arrive beat to hell. Anyone else get one from BB that look like it went 12 rounds with Money Mayweather? Also considering keeping it sealed if its in mint condition. Anyone think these things will go up in value? If the box is beat up I might as well open and display the damn thing.

I decided I'm not even going to keep my current pre-orders from Amazon. I cancelled my Elder Scrolls Online pre-order and another one. Simply not ordering CEs from them anymore.

and for the record, Amazon started doing this "wait to ship so we can put it all in one order" nonsense long before my Prime sub ran out. Got the short end of the stick the other times too. Didn't get damaged items, but because of it, I got highly anticipated pre-orders later than I was expecting. Not a huge deal, which is why I didn't start cancelling my orders from them until now, when I got damaged items.

Any experts care to shed some light on this limited Bioshock statue? I think it might be a very cool piece, and considering it. Not the signed one, since I don't think his signature is worth that much.
There are BioShock fans that buy that stuff. I think that site is just a cash grab for Levine though.

Edit: But in regards to your question it's pretty cool. Looks more like a $150 piece to me but because there are only 400 and BioShock has a pretty strong fanbase I think it'll sell out and certainly would be something you could resell later if you regretted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back