Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to go ahead and bite on the Destiny Ghost Edition but doubt I'll be able to make it to a Gamestop till next week and worried they may be not taking anymore orders by then. Has anyone ever had any problems with the in-store pickup option for pre-orders on collector's editions recently? Been avoiding using it on my CE purchases because I remember reading some posts a few years ago when Skyward Sword LE came out that a few people's orders never made it to their store.

Is there anyway to be notified instantly when BestBuy.com will put up the Ghost edition for Destiny. I have GCU and a $20 cert just waiting for it, but I am afraid it will sell out the PS4 and maybe XB1 version is already sold out on Amazon.

Had a pre order at Amazon for Destiny Ghost Edition, stupidly cancelled it ("...I don't really need this... just want the game really"). 

Unavailable at Amazon. Wow D:

I don't NEED that Ghost!  Must remind myself that I just want the game.... just the game.... (heavy breathing)

Going to go ahead and bite on the Destiny Ghost Edition but doubt I'll be able to make it to a Gamestop till next week and worried they may be not taking anymore orders by then. Has anyone ever had any problems with the in-store pickup option for pre-orders on collector's editions recently? Been avoiding using it on my CE purchases because I remember reading some posts a few years ago when Skyward Sword LE came out that a few people's orders never made it to their store.
Bleh, nvm, didn't see that they had it closed for in-store ><, not sure if I want to spend money on the shipping and hope it doesn't come damaged.

Bestbuy does indeed going to carry the ghost and limited edition for destiny

Bungie announced a number of exciting things relating to Destiny today and I’m sure plenty of people are looking forward to getting their pre-orders in.

We plan on carrying the Limited and Ghost Editions and are working to get these listed as soon as possible. Keep an eye on this thread as I will be posting and update once I have more information.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Destiny-at-Best-Buy/td-p/811728

Bestbuy mod also said the cancel preorder feature through bestbuy.com is back

In doing some more research on this issue, it looks like the option to cancel pre-orders through your BestBuy.com account has been restored. Please feel free to check your existing pre-orders and let me know if you still do not have this option

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Cannot-Cancel-a-pre-order-anymore/td-p/822010

In doing some more research on this issue, it looks like the option to cancel pre-orders through your BestBuy.com account has been restored. Please feel free to check your existing pre-orders and let me know if you still do not have this option

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Cannot-Cancel-a-pre-order-anymore/td-p/822010
It sounds like the mod is as surprised as we are that the feature is back. :roll:

Bestbuy does indeed going to carry the ghost and limited edition for destiny

Bungie announced a number of exciting things relating to Destiny today and I’m sure plenty of people are looking forward to getting their pre-orders in.

We plan on carrying the Limited and Ghost Editions and are working to get these listed as soon as possible. Keep an eye on this thread as I will be posting and update once I have more information.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Destiny-at-Best-Buy/td-p/811728

Now we sit and wait.

Since when was the option to cancel a BestBuy.com pre order revoked/gone?  I remember seeing it around a month or two ago when I still had a pre order for Mario Kart 8 at the time...

Since when was the option to cancel a BestBuy.com pre order revoked/gone? I remember seeing it around a month or two ago when I still had a pre order for Mario Kart 8 at the time...
I preordered watch dogs before getting unlocked and then again when I had the discount and it wasn't letting me cancel the first order. So that was like a month and a half ago where you couldn't cancel online

Man, I really don't need that Ghost edition. But there really isn't much else coming out in September and I really love Bungie games so why the fuck not.

I preordered watch dogs before getting unlocked and then again when I had the discount and it wasn't letting me cancel the first order. So that was like a month and a half ago where you couldn't cancel online
Ahh, okay. There have been two times (for other reasons) that I didn't cancel a pre order BUT got refunded (if I didn't pick up the item after 8 days at in-store pickup, they refunded me from an online pre-order).

Thanks for the updates, too :)

[quote name="Commodore Wheeler" post="11901493" timestamp="1404770344"]Is the X1 Ghost version already sold out at GS? Could if be that this thing is more limited than we thought?[/quote]
Just announced so we don't know.

Since when was the option to cancel a BestBuy.com pre order revoked/gone? I remember seeing it around a month or two ago when I still had a pre order for Mario Kart 8 at the time...
Yeah, it was gone, I found out the hard way when I tried to cancel a preorder a few weeks ago. Any preorders placed online in the last couple of months I think could not be cancelled online, you had to call into CS to cancel them. Thankfully, that restriction has been removed as of a few days ago I noticed.

Ahh, okay. There have been two times (for other reasons) that I didn't cancel a pre order BUT got refunded (if I didn't pick up the item after 8 days at in-store pickup, they refunded me from an online pre-order).

Thanks for the updates, too :)
Yeah it was annoying having to wait the 8 days since in the emails and the site it said the pickup emails would include a link to cancel, but they never did. Now it's a lot better since you aren't locked into the preorder online if you change your mind about something

wow, really surprised that the PS4 Ghost Edition of Destiny is already sold out on Amazon.  I put a preorder in for the LE but dont know if I'll keep it yet.

Went to a more uninformed area about CE's and what have you and the guy said I got the last one of the talking Dinklage edition. Said gamestop is only getting 5 said that was all each store would be getting. 

Glad I got a couple Amazon orders in for the Ghost edition. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes available again though. The Witcher CE was unavailable for awhile too and came back.

Went to a more uninformed area about CE's and what have you and the guy said I got the last one of the talking Dinklage edition. Said gamestop is only getting 5 said that was all each store would be getting.
I'm thinking of putting in a fail safe order at GameStop just in case I miss best buys.

I know right?!  I keep refreshing their stupid Destiny landing page for the LE and CE.  Gotta take advantage of the GCU + $10 reward credit bonus. 

I love how this started.

"Ghost Edition is dumb and overpriced, I don't want it."

*Ghost Edition sells out at two retailers within hours.*

"Man, I hope another retailer lists the Ghost Edition so that I can get one."

I'm glad that I called my local Gamestop and had them change my preorder over to the Ghost Edition. I already had about $30 down on it so it was easy peasy.

I love how this started.

"Ghost Edition is dumb and overpriced, I don't want it."

*Ghost Edition sells out at two retailers within hours.*

"Man, I hope another retailer lists the Ghost Edition so that I can get one."
I'm still firmly in agreement with the first opinion. :nottalking:

New IP CE is going to be in small supply but high demand always happens:

Mass Effect 1
The Last of Us
Assassins Creed

Still debating it but figure get my foot in the door and decide later. I expect the LE to be pretty prevalent which was all I really wanted.

That book packaging on the LE of Destiny sold me. I'm at least picking that up. Not terribly excited for the whole talking paperweight, but I guess it could grow on you.

What the:!?!  It's selling out already?  Hell, then I'm preordering at Gamestop while I know they have it.  I'm not missing out on this like I did the Dragon Age Inquisitors edition.  Aw hell naw!

It usually takes them 2-3 weeks after GS to add CE's, just give it time. Still got 2 more months til the game comes out.
I would be fine with giving it time if I didn't have to pre order for a beta code. And no I don't want to pre order a standard version then have to cancel and re order. With this one best buy should have been ready.

That book packaging on the LE of Destiny sold me. I'm at least picking that up. Not terribly excited for the whole talking paperweight, but I guess it could grow on you.
I pre ordered the LE off Amazon and am holding onto that for now. I was mainly interested in the Steelbook (and the Expansion Pass is a "might as well have that too" pack-in as well).

The Ghost Edition looks nice for a few added things (Ghost and some patch/stickers?). You figure the Ghost will be also sought after by Destiny cosplayers maybe? :) Of course, they will want to be careful that passersby don't yank it from them! :eek:

New IP CE is going to be in small supply but high demand always happens:

Mass Effect 1
The Last of Us
Assassins Creed

Still debating it but figure get my foot in the door and decide later. I expect the LE to be pretty prevalent which was all I really wanted.
Thats just simply not true*...

Watch Dogs CE is still at Best Buy

Defiance had issues selling the big CE at $15...

Amazon still has stock the Titanfall CE

Note, this list would be a LOT longer if you take "new IP" to mean a new series of something that had a game, such as Injustice, Batman AA, Metal Gear Rising, Catherine, etc.

Its like everything else, sometimes a collectors edition sells out and is rare, where as other times they have issues selling a single one.

* This post uses some really basic searching because it really doesn't matter.

Any chance amazon might restock the PS4 Ghost Edition?
Preorder at GameStop as a placeholder. As people already noted, Amazon will not restock until closer to release. People will begin to cancel their orders as the market fluctuates (if it has resale value or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back