Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat, interested in picking up the game, and the collector's edition is kinda cool -- assuming BB honors whatever free figure they'll do with the CE I'll keep it pre-ordered at $150. Always easy enough to cancel before release.

You also have to add in the fact that the 75 dollar starter pack comes with a free figure at most major retailers. The collector's edition (at least so far at Best Buy) doesn't. I am hoping that's a misprint/accidental oversight online, because I was close to buying the collectors with GCU. However, if that means losing the free figure ... I am out.
Note: Best Buy's web page now explicitly calls out that the collector's edition does NOT get a free additional figure. Very disappointing that the $180 version doesn't get the bonus.

2m7ckmb.jpg

Edit: I submitted an idea on the BB Forum to have BB match Amazon and GS (who are including figures with the CE). Feel free to upvote it.

Man I hope Amazon or BB get the Halo CE. I'm paying $14 for the regular edition thanks to the MS trade promo so I'm willing to go all in on the CE.

lol, i guess ubi$oft is going cheap  this time around, and saving cost by not including steelbooks, or statues.

lol, i guess ubi$oft is going cheap this time around, and saving cost by not including steelbooks, or statues.
yea I would say ubisoft it about done investing to much money in 360 n Ps3 and going to start focusing more on ps4 and Xbox one going forward hence the reason the Xbox one and ps4 version has statues and last gen doesn't

That doesn't mention NA anywhere, though.

No, I was just curious where he read that CE was coming to NA, as I figured I would have seen an article about it.

It's definitely a cashgrab, though. I'd only get it through AWD for $20 or so.
or $7 from the awd price drop like last night. LOL

they are selling it for $54.99 in euros tho, so after the conversion it should be roughly closer to $79.99. most collectors edition in the us are usually priced like $79.99, $99.99, $129.99, $149.99. $199.99

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18889-Assassin-s-Creed--Rogue-Collector-s-Edition-Revealed.html

Destructoid has got it all wrong.  It's the Limited Editions that are getting cancellations - not the Ghost Editions.  Just clicking on that reddit thread, the OP itself is mentioning the LE is getting cancellation notices.

I guess all of those conspiracy theorists that believe they are holding back stock are looking more and more wrong now. 

Destructoid has got it all wrong. It's the Limited Editions that are getting cancellations - not the Ghost Editions. Just clicking on that reddit thread, the OP itself is mentioning the LE is getting cancellation notices.

I guess all of those conspiracy theorists that believe they are holding back stock are looking more and more wrong now.
Joystiq did the same thing. http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/06/report-retailers-limiting-canceling-destiny-ghost-edition-pre/

I don't think they are that oblivious that they wouldn't even read the source (reddit). I think they are purposely misnaming the article for hits, as you can see commenters have pointed out their mistake, but they have no motivation to correct it.

The reason comes off the previous article where the Ghost Edition sold for $1000 on eBay.

So either they are:

1) truly stupid and didn't read the source, or have no clue how to differentiate the Editions, or

2) purposely misleading the public in order to get article hits and clicks

Since there is a gaming drought, I suspect the 2nd, since they want more traffic.

---

On the second issue, I"m also having a good laugh at those saying, "oh it's Bungie, Halo 3 Edition, they'll make more, blabla, etc" Or those that say, "It's a new IP, it's unproven..."

When Activision puts down big money, it's gonna sell. Separate from that, it costs nothing (or barely nothing), to put a pre-order down. It's not like you are committed to it forever, and can't change your mind.

I am happy I was able to get a ghost edition pre order in on the first day they went up. Was going to order a limited also to keep the ghost sealed but never mind on that.

I seriously did not know the old-gen only AC would have the name Rogue. When did they announce that? When/where does it take place? Does it have ties to Unity? Well thanks Ubisoft for letting me know there will be a CE first.
It was leaked at the same time as Unity was. Leaked in March but officially leaked/revealed August 5th. So far, the information about Rogue is that follows an Assassin Newbie who basically betrayed the Order and joined the Templar. Now that "Rogue" is serving as an Assassin Hunter.

Takes place in 1752 and 1761 during the Seven Years' War and will take place in various North American locations, including the frozen North Atlantic, the Appalachian River Valley, Alabama, New York and Quebec.

In the Namco-Bandai store for Tales of Xillia 2, it is possible to order the CE for $110 with Prime shipping with the following coupon code: BNS15OFF. It looks like they have switched from Digital River to Amazon for shipping.

In the Namco-Bandai store for Tales of Xillia 2, it is possible to order the CE for $110 with Prime shipping with the following coupon code: BNS15OFF. It looks like they have switched from Digital River to Amazon for shipping.
Sweet, I'll do that instead :D.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason the standard edition of ToX2 has darker cover-art than the copy included in the CE? I prefer the darker art, but I was wondering why we're getting that when Japan got the lighter cover-art.

You saved me $30!

For some reason, they don't charge tax by going through the NB store. It came out to $110 instead of $140. Double-saved.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason the standard edition of ToX2 has darker cover-art than the copy included in the CE? I prefer the darker art, but I was wondering why we're getting that when Japan got the lighter cover-art.
i guess they want to save money on ink

Thanks for the Bandai Namco Store code. I originally had it ordered for MSRP but saving ~$20 is always nice. Wish I used my GCU on it at Best Buy but I was a little slow.

Thank God. Let's hope this is the start of Digital River's downfall.

Thanks! They still charged me tax and does not accept Amazon credit, but I still switched over for a roughly $10 savings. Every cent counts for me.

So glad they now accept Prime shipping.

Just an FYI, but a more-fitting image would be this:

LCTOO_Gold_Edition_Contents.jpg

...since they confirmed releasing it for the XB1 in North America (only PS4/Steam versions in UK region).  Still can't find anywhere to pre-order it though... Amazon sure is taking their sweet time.

For those on the fence for the LE of HyperDimension Neptunia Rebirth-1, there will be 1000 units made, at the price of $57.99, and yes, can also be shipped internationally, but will be available to purchase on the release date (8/26/14) due to certain issues, read the image here for more details.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BujAzjUCYAElc_M.jpg:large
Since we can use Amazon credit to pay for that, I'll likely pick one up. :bouncy:

Thanks man, saved 30$ on that. Was considering having to cancel my Xillia after a bunch of other unexpected expenses, now I cant resist it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back