Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for using this phrase properly!!!!
I would say at least 80% of people say "could care less" and I have no idea how something that makes absolutely no sense would be used so universally. That's like me saying "I'm not hungry" to state that I am hungry.

I would say at least 80% of people say "could care less" and I have no idea how something that makes absolutely no sense would be used so universally. That's like me saying "I'm not hungry" to state that I am hungry.
Except the saying really is "could care less." Yes, it makes no sense, and it sounds backwards. It's an idiom.

For the Xenoblade CE, they're going to lock everyone in a steel cage match. Winner is the person who can set up their ladder and grab the money in the bank briefcase game wins.

It's because they knew in the future it would be a favorite phrase of hipsters and console warriors.

i say "could care less" even Thu other say i should say "couldn't" i like the option in my tone, that am borderline completely against liking it but do have a small piece of my mind that it could be won over with a proper reversal in discussion.

i never cared much for those that advocate "proper grammar" or those that love too snip at details an say if you don't type like X it all gibberish. to them i say, I couldn't care less. :D/

I would really like to know why NoA doesn't do a preorder for a CE of any of their games to gauge interest. I mean, people are clamping for CE's from Nintendo and they pull this garbage. Why bother?

I would really like to know why NoA doesn't do a preorder for a CE of any of their games to gauge interest. I mean, people are clamping for CE's from Nintendo and they pull this garbage. Why bother?
Because they know people will buy their games anyway and frankly they don't care what their customers want. I suspect the only reason World of Nintendo gets these is that there is probably some overstock of items left over when they do the European CE releases and they can just print up cheap boxes to house the game and item and sell it for significant markup without taking a risk on producing a real CE for the US market. Personally, I find it infuriating and a real slap in the face to people that have actually supported Nintendo through good and bad.

NoA proving once again that they are the literal worst. How scarce was the MK8 CE at Nintendo World?
I think I remember reading that it sold out within hours after they started taking pre-orders and supposedly stopped so that they'd have a small allotment for the shelves on day one, which also sold out pretty quickly.

Either way, I don't get NoA's mentality. They're all about the console variations/special editions (especially this gen) but when it comes to games, they seem so hesitant.

And it's not like they don't sell... pretty much every Nintendo CE sold out quickly.

Anyone know if the batman AK CE is worth it? ($170 CE)

Wonder if it will drop later after the release
Which one are you even talking about? There are two, the Batmobile edition and the other one. And how would anyone know if it is worth it when it's not even out, let alone if it's worth it to you personally?

Anyone know if the batman AK CE is worth it? ($170 CE)

Wonder if it will drop later after the release
I ASSUME you mean the CE with the Batmobile, which is $200. And IMO, unless you're a HUGE Batman fan, I say no, it's not worth it. You're basically buying the LE but instead of a statue you're forking an extra $100 for a Batmobile, and unless it's a really really nice collectible(odds are it's cheap) then no, I don't think it's worth it.

I was a bit late and was only to order the statue edition and missed out on the batmobile edition. Sad panda status. If it pops up again somebody please bump this thread. Also I am considering getting both for the figure and batmobile, if any established CAG only want the game + steelbook maybe we can work something out.

Looks like NOA pulls another "let's release the UK version but with a different box and only at the NYC Store" Limited Edition release according to their recent tweet:

On sale 9/26 @ 8am only at Nintendo World Store in NYC, but no price point yet.
why do they do that crap? Do they not like free money?

I was a bit late and was only to order the statue edition and missed out on the batmobile edition. Sad panda status. If it pops up again somebody please bump this thread. Also I am considering getting both for the figure and batmobile, if any established CAG only want the game + steelbook maybe we can work something out.
Gamestop still has the batmobile edition for preorder. You need to pay shipping though. I just reserved one. I will probably cancel it and get it from amazon when it is back in stock.

Gamestop still has the batmobile edition for preorder. You need to pay shipping though. I just reserved one. I will probably cancel it and get it from amazon when it is back in stock.
$200...

I'm a flipper, and I do love getting in on sold out pre-orders, but I have two problems with this: I don't see it staying sold out, and I don't really want to support overpriced mass-produced Chinese made shit, so I'll have to pass on this.

Come on guys, find me some better stuff to flip. I've gotten lazy and dependent on you people and the slickdeals community to find 90% of my flips these days. :drool:

Thanks. As much as I hate putting down GS preorders, I cannot risk missing on not touching the batmobile while I play batman.

$200...

I'm a flipper, and I do love getting in on sold out pre-orders, but I have two problems with this: I don't see it staying sold out, and I don't really want to support overpriced mass-produced Chinese made shit, so I'll have to pass on this.

Come on guys, find me some better stuff to flip. I've gotten lazy and dependent on you people and the slickdeals community to find 90% of my flips these days. :drool:
i don't believe it will stay sold out but i reserved one just in case. and this is not some chinese made crap, the batmobile is designed by triforce.

i thought many people are still doing very well flipping things sold by amazon warehouse.

Anyone check yet if GameStop is doing in store preorders for Monster Hunter?
When I asked today they said it was sold out, which I can only assume means no. Some of these stores around me are not the sharpest knives in the drawer...

The stupid part is Europe had the option of ordering it online direct through the uk Nintendo website to. Nintendo UK website actually allow you to buy physical copies of different games and more compared to the NOA site which is just parts or refurbished systems
The Nintendo Store UK is pretty cool looking. I had the far off hope before that maybe they'd ship to the US, but that was of course a pipe dream. I guess any imports will continue to come from Game

Except the saying really is "could care less." Yes, it makes no sense, and it sounds backwards. It's an idiom.
Except, you have no proof as to which is the correct saying. They're used interchangeably in America. One is logical, the other makes the person sound like an idiot.

When in doubt, I follow the guidance of Weird Al:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

$200...

SD is the place for flipping. CAG is for gamers.

When I asked today they said it was sold out, which I can only assume means no. Some of these stores around me are not the sharpest knives in the drawer...
I got a different answer when I called yesterday saying that it wasn't up in their systems yet and to call back the next day which I will later today.

I've heard multiple reports from people that they've been told in store that it's sold out or that they haven't been put in their system yet. I also heard GS won't be selling it in store, so I think it's a good bet that no one at GS knows.

Wow so the Batmobile edition on Amazon did go up and already sell out. Drats, I need to get me some of that but there's no way I'm doing GS unless it's a super unique exclusive like the Wind Waker HD. Settled for the statue LE, hoping you all are right and it comes back so I can preorder.

Its always funny seeing the wannabe gamers on SD. There will be a new free to play game out and they'll be like oh thanks I don't have an xbone and don't know if I'll get one, but I'll "buy" this anyway. Same thing when they have no idea what destiny is or what the collector's editions have but say they'll buy it anyway to try to resell

Did the Batmobile Edition go up anywhere else? Or are Amazon and GS the only two places thus far? $220 at GS at shipping + tax... yikes. 

Also, did anyone who pre-ordered Destiny Ghost at Newegg get their copy shipped? I'm guessing I'm not getting it given how bad Newegg is with pre-orders... 

Did anyone who ordered Destiny Ghost Edition have their Ghost figure missing paint on the eye / lens portion? Kinda annoyed that mine is like this because when you turn the lights on it on all the light can be seen coming through from the spots missing paint. Just glad the rest of the Ghost edition came in good shape.

Did anyone who ordered Destiny Ghost Edition have their Ghost figure missing paint on the eye / lens portion? Kinda annoyed that mine is like this because when you turn the lights on it on all the light can be seen coming through from the spots missing paint. Just glad the rest of the Ghost edition came in good shape.
Battle damage?

Battle damage?
Heh, I wish it was just that XD, but I haven't seen any others that have this problem. Guess I can just pretend that it is just simulated damage for the realism but part of me is just going to look at it and sigh. Might try to cover it up with a sharpee or some paint that I can lightly apply on the small areas but knowing my luck it would either look worse or I'd screw up XD.

Oh you think that, but all my CE flips are thanks to CAGs. Well, most. Some of those stupid Japanese games are just too obvious, given their obsessive fanbase. Mostly though you guys find all my video game flips. Slickdealers, as much as I hate them, have found me many electronic flips though. Why I continue to read through their thread comments though is beyond me; I can't stand the shit they say over there.

I go for months at a time without using CAG sometimes, and I have to say, each time I come back it's more and more like slickdeals, so watch out. :whistle2:

i don't believe it will stay sold out but i reserved one just in case. and this is not some chinese made crap, the batmobile is designed by triforce.

i thought many people are still doing very well flipping things sold by amazon warehouse.
They're the same ones that did the statue for the last CE, right? I remember people mentioning them in the beginning as if the name signified quality, then other people started mentioning other products they worked on that were junk, then the CE finally released and a large portion of people seemed to think the quality was sub-par. So if it's not Chinese made crap, then I'd say it's probably on par with it. Not Chinese made crap made to the obscenely low standards of Chinese corporations maybe, but still low quality junk.

I still have one of those toy statues from the last CE (US version with Joker at the table). Not sure what I'll do with it. I want to open it up and modify it so the TVs look better, but I probably won't bother. Now the Witcher statue, that's one I can't wait to get my hands on. I'm so glad to see one that's not made of plastic. I'm sure it'll look pretty sub-par next to my Sideshow statue, but I'll probably like it a lot more than the standard CE statue.

Ps4/xb1 ghost editions back in stock on amazon. Ships in 1-3 weeks 1,000+ in stock not sure what to make of that

GameStop sucks
it's a store. they have what he wants at the same price but not sold out. the end. i hate walmart but i'll order from them if the price is rihgt since I'm not a child.

$200...

Wow thats so cool you know its bad from one picture. Its being made by a company known for high end collectibles so Id say there is a pretty good chance it will be better than what we usually get.

it's a store. they have what he wants at the same price but not sold out. the end. i hate walmart but i'll order from them if the price is rihgt since I'm not a child.
lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Did you even read the other responses? Tax, shipping cost, customer service, packaging.. all makes a difference, no store is the same. Gamestop is horrible and I don't buy from them.

I'll get the cheaper Arkham Knight CE if I can get it at Best Buy with GCU discount.

Speaking of Best Buy, I was there yesterday and tried to preorder the COD: Advanced Warfare limited edition and they said they had reached their limit in store, but I could order it online and have it shipped to my house. I had never run into that before and thought it was strange for a COD game since their premium editions are always overproduced. I went across the street to Gamestop and reluctantly preordered it there so I can get it at midnight release.

Wow thats so cool you know its bad from one picture. Its being made by a company known for high end collectibles so Id say there is a pretty good chance it will be better than what we usually get.
Really? I thought they were known for producing cheap plastic toys. I mean, considering a few of the previous CE items they worked on (Max Payne, Batman Origins)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back