Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Astral Chain from Amazon UK today.  Great complete package for the price.  But the outer plastic shell is very warped and creased on every side and edge so I think I'm going to wait for my second one from amazon.de and keep whichever one is in better condition.  It's much like the in the pictures on this one.

I'm sure that most of them are going to arrive this way unless they package them really well in more of a floating box.  International amazon packages get brutalized.   The wrap-around carboard burrito did mine no favors. 

Received astral ce from amazon.uk in cardboard burrito. Corners are damaged of course but everything inside is good. Went to customer chat and received 20% off so that helps. Hopefully the one from game.uk comes in a box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Got my copy of Catherine today. Contents are nice, box was smaller than I was expecting. It's weird that there's been so little hype or marketing for the game, I know a lot of people loved the original.
Yeah got mine today too and was surprised the box was shaped like that although it seems like the new trend. Also I agree that the hype has been lackluster considering how great the first one was.

Received astral ce from amazon.uk in cardboard burrito. Corners are damaged of course but everything inside is good. Went to customer chat and received 20% off so that helps. Hopefully the one from game.uk comes in a box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Did you use customer chat through amazon uk?

I hate how the tracking is never accurate when you order from international Amazon sites. I got an item from Amazon DE a week ago and the tracking still doesn't have it as delivered. No idea if my Astral Chain is even in my state.

my Astral Chain CE says September 17th delivery... Amazon Germany sure fucked me on this one...
Holy shit. This whole time I thought Amazon.de was in Denmark. So yeah I guess my package is from Germany is too and also scheduled for the 17th. Hopefully we get it earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my Astral Chain CE says September 17th delivery... Amazon Germany sure fucked me on this one...
If it shipped at release, isn't that just around 3 weeks? Don't think that's horrible since they can take longer at times. I would wager you'll get it sooner though. My Astral CE from Amz UK said Sept 20 and I got it yesterday. Would think it's similar for Germany.

Anyone who ordered Astrail Chain CE from Amazon UK not get theirs yet?

I'm sure mine is still in transit, but since the tracking doesn't update and I've had an incredibly high "deliver to wrong address" rate this year... seriously like 30% And I live in not the best area, I'll never know if my package was stolen or misdelivered because the tracking isn't up to date.

Anyone who ordered Astrail Chain CE from Amazon UK not get theirs yet?

I'm sure mine is still in transit, but since the tracking doesn't update and I've had an incredibly high "deliver to wrong address" rate this year... seriously like 30% And I live in not the best area, I'll never know if my package was stolen or misdelivered because the tracking isn't up to date.
Mine was shipped on Aug 30th, nothing yet. With my Fire Emblem Three Houses Limited Edition order it took only about a week to arrive for me here in Texas.

I could never decide what to buy the original Doom on. I play so much more on my Switch, but obviously the PS4 Pro runs better. I've watched countless videos and still can't decide. Plus $60 vs $20. How is online in either game? Whatever version I purchase will dictate which console I get Eternal on.
The obvious answer is Google Stadia.

Surprised to get my Astral Chain CE from amazon uk today as the eta was another two weeks out (same for amazon de, so hopefully that comes soon too).

Unfortunately mine was also mailed in a cardboard sleeve and is a bit banged up. Hopefully the de copy arrives in good condition so I can get uk to take it back without having to pay for shipping -_-

I could never decide what to buy the original Doom on. I play so much more on my Switch, but obviously the PS4 Pro runs better. I've watched countless videos and still can't decide. Plus $60 vs $20. How is online in either game? Whatever version I purchase will dictate which console I get Eternal on.
The easy answer is, never buy a cross platform game on the switch. Weakest hardware, worst online, and least amount of players than the other systems online. Switch games are also more expensive.

Switch is pretty much only good for exclusive titles on it. Or if your only time to play games is away from a tv.

I barely touch mine. Ps4 and pc are my primary places to play games as cross platform games are always better on them, most switch games from Nintendo are Wiiu ports, and most of the rest have been out on systems for years.

I’m surprised they decided to remaster xenoblade already. I mean they just released it in the 3ds a few years ago. (Yes I realize that port looked way worse that the wii version)

I originally played about 20 odd hours of it and loved it but just never went back to it. I plan to rectify that on the switch now.

I tried Xenoblade 2 and just couldn’t get into it. Anyone else have that happen?

I’m surprised they decided to remaster xenoblade already. I mean they just released it in the 3ds a few years ago. (Yes I realize that port looked way worse that the wii version)

I originally played about 20 odd hours of it and loved it but just never went back to it. I plan to rectify that on the switch now.

I tried Xenoblade 2 and just couldn’t get into it. Anyone else have that happen?

I thoroughly enjoyed XC2 but the game definitely had its hiccups. xenoblade chronicles 1 is my favorite jrpg ever though, previous to that it was Skies of Arcadia

I just couldn't get in to either. At the end of the day not every game is for everyone, but with how widely regarded it is it's hard not to feel like you're missing out sometimes.

I will say Xenoblade 2 does feel very different compared to the first, however I enjoyed both. It did take me longer to get fully engaged in Xenoblade 2 compared to 1 though.

Xenoblade 2 is a difficult game to get into. It's ugly (actual graphical fidelity, not art style). It runs very poorly. The combat starts off really simple. The game takes a good 25 hours before it fully rolls out all (or most) of its systems. And the story and world are so big and long that you need to latch on for the long haul. It also has a surprising amount of BS and frustrating nonsense in it.

All of that being said, if you stick it out and fully immerse yourself into its 100+ hours, it's borderline a masterpiece--a deeply flawed and imperfect masterpiece, but a masterpiece none-the-less. I think it speaks to the quality and the depth of content that it can have so many issues, and yet I still found it to be utterly beguiling and something that sticks with me even now. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a 300+ hour game for me. It took a couple starts and stops, but when I finally got into it I didn't play anything else.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was a 300+ hour game for me. It took a couple starts and stops, but when I finally got into it I didn't play anything else.
I reached like 160, 170? But I did all side content outside of fully leveling every rare blade. I know not everyone will go that far haha.

I LOVED what I played of Xenoblade, loved it, but I could never finish it because I just hated gaming on the Wii, and eventually my Wii crapped out anyway and wouldn't read many discs(I was told it was dual layered discs). So then I tried to pick it back up on the Wii U, and switching over to Wii mode was just so annoying for me, I don't know why. I hate the damn censor bar and use those stupid nunchucks to access it. The WiiMote and nunchucks are my least favorite controller design of all time. I know once you start gaming you don't need them for a lot of games, but still. I'll argue to this day that if Metroid: Other M was playable with a normal, you know, modern controller it wouldn't have gotten as much hate, because I thought it was actual a decent game other than having to USE THE WIIMOTE SIDEWAYS which was absurd. Playing XBC on Switch will be a breath of fresh air to be sure.

I hated the Wii and everything about the Wii. I knew I'd hate it too when it was first announced, but I gave it a fair shake and it's probably my most hated modern console by a wide margin.

I LOVED what I played of Xenoblade, loved it, but I could never finish it because I just hated gaming on the Wii, and eventually my Wii crapped out anyway and wouldn't read many discs(I was told it was dual layered discs). So then I tried to pick it back up on the Wii U, and switching over to Wii mode was just so annoying for me, I don't know why. I hate the damn censor bar and use those stupid nunchucks to access it. The WiiMote and nunchucks are my least favorite controller design of all time. I know once you start gaming you don't need them for a lot of games, but still. I'll argue to this day that if Metroid: Other M was playable with a normal, you know, modern controller it wouldn't have gotten as much hate, because I thought it was actual a decent game other than having to USE THE WIIMOTE SIDEWAYS which was absurd. Playing XBC on Switch will be a breath of fresh air to be sure.

I hated the Wii and everything about the Wii. I knew I'd hate it too when it was first announced, but I gave it a fair shake and it's probably my most hated modern console by a wide margin.
I feel the same. There isn't one single game on the Wii (save for maybe Skyward Sword) that I didn't just wish was on a different platform. Xenoblade 1 was heavily held back by being on what was essentially PS2 hardware. Then we got the 3ds port, which was also pretty awful from a technical stand point. With how popular the Switch is, the major update to the visuals, adding back in the cut content, and the expanded reach of the Xeno series after 2 was successful, I think this enhanced port/remake is not only going to be an awesome treat for those of us that sippeth from the JRPG cup, but I think it's also going to do really well for Monolith.

The WiiMote and nunchucks are my least favorite controller design of all time. I know once you start gaming you don't need them for a lot of games, but still.
All my wiimotes always drained batteries like crazy, so I hate using the wii for that reason. I Agree, its definitely affected me playing wii games just thinking about pulling out the wii mote, putting double a batteries in it, pointing at the screen to actually start the game etc etc.

Hopefully this becomes a Nintendo trend and The Last Story definitive and Xenoblade Chronicles X gets done too.
homerdrool.jpg

Hopefully this becomes a Nintendo trend and The Last Story definitive and Xenoblade Chronicles X gets done too.
Last Story, Pandora's Tower (which was so god damn fantastic, but completely overlooked it seems), DKC Returns (Both versions are kind of shit in their own way). It needs to be in a proper form like Tropical Freeze. A HD 60 FPS Galaxy collection. There are several great options that get me excited to be disappointed that they won't happen! haha

I think they'd all sell really well. I'm not holding my breath, but in terms of a business decision for Nintendo, it'd make sense. Remastered games are the thing nowadays, I don't see why they wouldn't just follow suit.

Finally got my copy of Astral Chain, which somehow made it through the hurricane flawlessly. The box had a couple big tears in it but the actual CE itself was impressively preserved.

Throw Arc Rise Fantasia in there too. Voice acting aside it's something I've wanted to play for a while and haven't because it's on the Wii.
That's such a heavily overlooked game. It's really, really, really good. Like, on a different console and without having some of the worst English JRPG voice acting of that decade (or at least adding a Japanese voice option) I think the general consensus right now would be that the game is a classic. There is actually a way to 'undub' the ISO. So if one plays on Dolphin, they can get the Japanese dub (and make it look significantly better). I know that's far beyond what the general consumer will do, but most of us aren't the general consumer, so it is a cool option that exists.

Arc Rise Fantasia was definitely very good. It felt a lot like a Tales game in everything but battle system, the art design and towns. Hell, I am 100% sure one town design was directly stolen from Tales of the Abyss. One screen of it is practically identical. Great soundtrack too.

I'd welcome a remaster, but I think the graphics were less choppy and pixelated than some of those previously mentioned, so I think it'd benefit the least of those from a remaster.

Since we've derailed into Switch ports we want to see, here's my short list (excluding the obvious Mario, Zelda, DK, etc):

• Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
  • Lost in Shadow
  • Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

So I cancelled my Gears 5 CE from Gamestop approximately a month ago, even got the cancellation confirmation which I'm staring at now. However with the Gamestop website screwup, the preorder is still showing up on the App. To top it off currently you cant access your preorders from their redesigned website to cancel. I just got a email 2 minutes ago from Gamestop saying thanks for preordering Gears 5 and here's a coupon for full value trade in (expires 9/16). I'm like wtf I cancelled this. Can't even call GS since their customer service wait on the phone is over 60 minutes. What a joke!!!

So I cancelled my Gears 5 CE from Gamestop approximately a month ago, even got the cancellation confirmation which I'm staring at now. However with the Gamestop website screwup, the preorder is still showing up on the App. To top it off currently you cant access your preorders from their redesigned website to cancel. I just got a email 2 minutes ago from Gamestop saying thanks for preordering Gears 5 and here's a coupon for full value trade in (expires 9/16). I'm like wtf I cancelled this. Can't even call GS since their customer service wait on the phone is over 60 minutes. What a joke!!!
You actually can cancel. You just need to enter the order number in manually. I cancelled a couple orders a couple weeks ago. Order history is wiped clean on the new site, it's why you need to enter the order number in manually. But it might be too late, Gamestop usually charges orders 7-10 days prior to release date and we're past that.

Find your order number, search by order number and try cancelling it that way, but it might be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back