Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
big_artimage_848202_8091291_201902064209219.jpg

Looks like ACIII is getting a physical release in Europe with a steelbook.  A friend of mine in the UK found the listing on the UK Ubistore website.

Anyone else with a Jump Force CE preorder debating on keeping it or not? Think it’s gonna be rare?

Edit: Just looked on Amazon and I forgot this thing was 259.99, it’s also still available to preorder...thinking I might just cancel and wait on a price drop..

Anyone else with a Jump Force CE preorder debating on keeping it or not? Think it’s gonna be rare?

Edit: Just looked on Amazon and I forgot this thing was 259.99, it’s also still available to preorder...thinking I might just cancel and wait on a price drop..
I'm doing the same... Hoping it doesn't get OOS

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Its anyones guess but I cancelled mine a week ago. Mainly because of the price and I'm betting on a clearance as well

Sekiro CE is a good CE which is exclusive to GameStop plus it’s by From Software so I had I feeling there’s a bit of hype and it’ll be pretty limited.

Jump force CE, that thing is a rip off, I’m sorry. Expect that to go on clearance OR pretty limited cuz they probably think not a lot of people are gonna buy cuz of the price.

I couldn’t decide in time for the ultimate edition though. After seeing the full roster, I was really disappointed. I feel like the good characters r gonna be dlc included in the season pass.

That's really tempting, the problem is these ones with the cool box like that is it's much easier for me to find a place to put a decent figurine or statue then it is to display a box in any meaningful way.

It’s supposed to be made of resin so it’s really not.
To be fair, its really up to you if it's worth it. If you like it then go for it. It definitely doesnt look cheap! I will say I'm no expert in evaluating the value of statues (far from it) but I cant imagine materials alone are the reason it's at this price point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To be fair, its really up to you if it's worth it. If you like it then go for it. It definitely doesnt look cheap! I will say I'm no expert in evaluating the value of statues (far from it) but I cant imagine materials alone are the reason it's at this price point.

You have a pretty limited imagination then. 1/8 scale resin statues, which is probably close to what this scale is, of single characters typically retail for $150. This is a diorama with 3 characters.

This is what a larger 1/6 resin statue costs: https://www.dbz-store.com/shop/xceed-x-f4-studio-1-6-gogeta/ — You get the idea.

With all that said, I actually think the sculpts look kind of shitty. Goku’s face looks really weird.

Wow is Jump Force CE statues really resin??? Thats rare for CEs nowadays, I don't remember one since Geralt statue from Witcher 3.

You have a pretty limited imagination then. 1/8 scale resin statues, which is probably close to what this scale is, of single characters typically retail for $150. This is a diorama with 3 characters.

This is what a larger 1/6 resin statue costs: https://www.dbz-store.com/shop/xceed-x-f4-studio-1-6-gogeta/ — You get the idea.

With all that said, I actually think the sculpts look kind of shitty. Goku’s face looks really weird.
Yea I suppose I am pretty limited. I cant imagine justifying the cost of something based on materials even when I think the sculpt is shitty

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQDvud0naLE

I’m a little worried after seeing this, because I’ve already pre-ordered the Left Alive Mech Edition.

$186 after taxes and shipping
Well, Lamar should have know what he was spending his money on. Yes, they are action figures. Yes, they are on the small side. But, that's what that line of figures from SE *is* and those ones only come with that package, so there is a bit of an exclusitivity tax. So, you have to take this video with a grain of salt.

I’m a little worried after seeing this, because I’ve already pre-ordered the Left Alive Mech Edition.

Hmm, the KH III CE (if you call it that) is actually $229, not $300. Also Bring Arts figures usually cost $60 to $70 each to began with, so you get 3 plus the Deluxe Edition of the game which is about right. So I dunno what he's yapping about.
But speaking of the Left Behind Mech Edition, didnt they say it was only 3000 units produced worldwide??? Or was I just hallucinating when I saw that. Its still available for preorder too.

Hmm, the KH III CE (if you call it that) is actually $229, not $300. Also Bring Arts figures usually cost $60 to $70 each to began with, so you get 3 plus the Deluxe Edition of the game which is about right. So I dunno what he's yapping about.
But speaking of the Left Behind Mech Edition, didnt they say it was only 3000 units produced worldwide??? Or was I just hallucinating when I saw that. Its still available for preorder too.
It shows it on the image in the listing. Not sure if there sticking to it though.

the video shows he paid $293.60. showed his invoice. he got taxed. it feels like u paying $200 just for the figures. its definitely expensive. the toys dont look that great. its like buying oversized Roblox toys with a bit more quality.

I played jump force at pax and wasn't that impressed, definitely not enough to buy a certain, entirely possible it was a dated build on display though

Wow, holy shit. I'm not a huge KH or Disney fan but loved the FF tie-ins with the games so I was upset after I missed it but that looks like trash for something that costs $230.

EDIT* Looks like it's back on stock? Glad I saw that vid before, easy pass. More than happy with the RE2 CE which I was more torn on but seems like a solid CE.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/480859/kingdom-hearts-iii-deluxe-edition-plus-bring-arts-figures-ps4

Wow, holy shit. I'm not a huge KH or Disney fan but loved the FF tie-ins with the games so I was upset after I missed it but that looks like trash for something that costs $230.
Spoilers, but something you specifically might care about. Read at your own risk.

FYI, none of the FF characters are in KH3. The moogle shops are literally all that's from FF.

Spoilers, but something you specifically might care about. Read at your own risk.

FYI, none of the FF characters are in KH3. The moogle shops are literally all that's from FF.
Wow, really? Seems like an odd choice give the series history. I won't get to play it for months due to work schedule so I'm glad I checked this and can just wait for it to go on sale.

YouTube auto played this video when I was in the shower, so I've seen it, too. I'm not familiar with the guy, but he seems like an annoying spaz. More to point, though, who throws down that kind of cash without knowing what they're buying? I would have been embarrassed to release that video, but I guess we all have different standards for ourselves. Haha

YouTube auto played this video when I was in the shower, so I've seen it, too. I'm not familiar with the guy, but he seems like an annoying spaz. More to point, though, who throws down that kind of cash without knowing what they're buying? I would have been embarrassed to release that video, but I guess we all have different standards for ourselves. Haha

This is the first I've ever seen this guy and I have to say I cannot stand him. By all means I respect the "don't say anything if you don't have anything nice to say" yet this guy makes my blood actually boil.

Eager to get my shipping notification for the Metro Exodus CE. I preordered my steelbook version of the game at GameStop for the crappy preorder compass.

Here's a full view of the Best Buy Crackdown 3 steelbook. Free with physical, digital or 6 Months of Game Pass. Bar code isn't a sticker.

Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Edition is $161.99 on SE store, Xbox version only. Not sure how they miraculously found more stock 2 years later.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/398316/final-fantasy-xv-ultimate-collector-s-edition-xbox-one

I used to get excited hearing about SE CE's, until two things happened... found out they are fake, just separately packaged trinkets thrown in a box. And that they lie about quantities and make second or third batches based on demand.

Hello does anyone knows a direct contact for square enix store.
I still waiting for my kh3 with bring arts to ship.
:s I sent few emails and only replied once and then no updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back