Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn that's pretty impressive ... But you're also a good person to ask then. What other mgs stuff is good and worth picking up? I have the mgs iv Blu Ray and "art book" (tiniest junk book but I'll take it). Are the MGSV and MGSI-IV art books from dark horse I think any good? They definitely look pretty large. Any other cool stuff I should keep my eyes peeled for?

I'm probably gonna set this tiny ass mgs arm up in my office but man is this thing silly looking and tiny
I have the MGS I-IV art book- while it is very large, it's very awesome! I highly recommend it, especially if you're a big fan of Yoji Shinkawa's art style like I am!

Wouldnt surprise me. After the Arkham Knight CE fiasco I avoided anything related to them.
Yeah, I was none too pleased with them after that They followed that up with the Dragon Age Inquisition Collector's Edition which had all kinds of QA issues. Neither EA nor GameStop provided their customers with much help with this although Project Triforce did eventually provide an email address on Twitter that you could use to contact them about it and get it resolved. Of course, if you missed that post you were screwed.

Then there was the Yooka Laylee situation. Luckily I was able to file a claim with PayPal and got my money back but that wasn't the only item they didn't ship. Seems they had a history of doing that. It's a shame as they did produce some nice items.

What is wrong with me...so obsessed with steelbooks that I might keep my ugly ass rage 2 ce preorder.

but I see my preorder bonus is missing from the order.

Monster Hunter World Iceborne got 2 editions that including steelbook: the Deluxe Edition for $79.99 (base and expansion looks to be physical and steelbook) or the Gamestop Deluxe Edition for $59.99 (steelbook and digital expansion only, no base game)

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

What is wrong with me...so obsessed with steelbooks that I might keep my ugly ass rage 2 ce preorder.

but I see my preorder bonus is missing from the order.
Had to file something with BB CS due to same issue looks like pre-order stuff isnt applying to bunch of peoples orders. Should get it in 24-48 hrs they said.

World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collectors Edition.  $99 includes 30 Days of Game Time.  Seems a little light for the price.  Wish there was an Art Book.  Blizzard makes nice Art Books.

W6QOR38NVMZ31557525006011.jpg

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22990077

:whistle2:  :dunce:

Found a traded in Division 2 steelbook....but I already have ultimate steelbook.  How bad is my need to collect....hmmm

Too bad it's not on sale right now :(

:whistle2: :dunce:

Found a traded in Division 2 steelbook....but I already have ultimate steelbook. How bad is my need to collect....hmmm

If its Gamestop just buy it and return without case under the 7 days like it used policy say the case was lost but if you have receipt they will have to make a case for it.

:whistle2: :dunce:
Found a traded in Division 2 steelbook....but I already have ultimate steelbook. How bad is my need to collect....hmmm
Or buy it and return it with the standard case. Just carefully remove the sticker and place it on the standard editions case.

So I guess borderlands 3 has a second shipment of the collectors edition. Seen it in the app but seems sold out all ready. Says second shipment and ship by 10/31.

Likewise. Amazon right? Strange since it's available on site and if I made a new order now, I'd get it tomorrow. Not sure what the delay is...initial shipment was late I guess?
Best Buy

Placed the order back in April. Although I got an email a little bit ago that it was shipped today. Should arrive at my office tomorrow, while I won't be here lol, so I won't get it until Thursday.

Or buy it and return it with the standard case. Just carefully remove the sticker and place it on the standard editions case.
Good idea, but I don't have a standard case. I'd feel bad pulling the lost the case and return scenario. They need to just make me a used steelbook section in stores. Mark them all 5 or 10 dollars and I'd snatch them up. :)

Ruckus cool, only thing I wish I got the Wingstick in the seperate box at gamestop it came included in the ce box..and my wingstick wasn’t in great condition the button area seemed like someone took a knife to shave off some plastic around it.

Overall happy with the game and ce...next one I’m getting is borderlands 3

Good idea, but I don't have a standard case. I'd feel bad pulling the lost the case and return scenario. They need to just make me a used steelbook section in stores. Mark them all 5 or 10 dollars and I'd snatch them up. :)
I know the managers at mine I just ask for the cases and sometimes get em since cases don't mean anything to em. But ymmv depending on your status with em.

Was able to get a order in for $59.99 before they changed it. Knowing Gamestop, they'll probably cancel.

When I try to check out says product not available for purchase. I think it's a glitch. I dont even know why I try to order from gamestop anymore.

When I try to check out says product not available for purchase. I think it's a glitch. I dont even know why I try to order from gamestop anymore.
That just means it's sold out and they haven't updated the product page yet. Of course it would go up the one day I haven't been watching this site like a hawk! 😭

I buy maybe 2 or 3 games a year from them and those are like sekiro ce because I wanted the sword bonus.

I save money by not shopping there. I wont even go in a store anymore.

I dont go in stores anymore ether. Tired of full price gutted games. And giant stickers all over everything. Would be nice to get collectables with them on there.

People still play WoW? With all the constant nerf heavy handedness over the decades is there even anything left? I quit WoW after 3 years when they gutted Illumination back in Ulduar.

I've found FF XIV a far far superior experience, esp with the Ultimate fights, story and music quality, longer release and raid cycles with focus on quality over quantity and straight to the point savage raids, less frantic and less cramped weekly clear "todo" list that doesn't feel like a 2nd job because of too much content at once, relative lack of permanent missables. And longer term and less heavy handed tuning approach that doesnt just knee jerk overcompensate nerf hammer everything into the ground daily or weekly in response to class/job/role envy and haves vs have nots bickering on the internet, and just a general trend towards QoL game wide.  And most importantly the segregation of PVP and PVE that keeps the PVE experience 100% immunized against the nerf bat problem that plagues all other MMOs that combine PVP and PVE in the same base game and constantly screw over PVE min-maxers in the name of PVP fairness. That alone is some serious galaxy brain and I wish more games did that (cough The Division cough).

And the Final Fantasy community in general is far less selfish and toxic and more cooperative and pleasant to be around. Prob helps that you dont get grumpy burning out 7 days a week clearing 5 raids of 15 bosses each + hours of trash every week.  Pub PFs can be a meme at times but in the grand scheme of things it's not that bad by comparison. Always gonna be bad apples being elitist or bads looking for a 1 shot carry in any game.

Then again Japanese vs Western gaming culture so absolutely no surprises there.

There's not really a great place to ask this but - has ANYONE got their Rage 2 pre-order bonus from Best Buy? Like... the whole point of the damn bonus is it's stuff to help early game, here it's 48 hours after release and it seems like nothing is happening from their front. I saw them post on the BB forms Tuesday saying they expected all codes to go out Wednesday but still nothing.

Not to mention they ALSO botched the Plagues Tale: Innocent pre-order codes and 'ran out' so I don't have that either.

There's not really a great place to ask this but - has ANYONE got their Rage 2 pre-order bonus from Best Buy? Like... the whole point of the damn bonus is it's stuff to help early game, here it's 48 hours after release and it seems like nothing is happening from their front. I saw them post on the BB forms Tuesday saying they expected all codes to go out Wednesday but still nothing.

Not to mention they ALSO botched the Plagues Tale: Innocent pre-order codes and 'ran out' so I don't have that either.
Just got my Rage 2 pre-order bonus email from best Buy, a few minutes ago.

Just got my Rage 2 pre-order bonus email from best Buy, a few minutes ago.
I emailed them Monday through the forum because it was never put with my order and they sent me the codes Monday night because they knew it wasnt working on their system. There is a forum you have to email a certain person with your order number and they get back to you within 24 hrs with your codes.

Sorry quoted wrong person fyi

I never got my code, so I emailed them and got one within a couple hours.

Then I get a second one today out of the blue lol.

Also, I ended up returning the CE.  Figured I don't need all that extra bullshit and just got a vanilla copy.

Still better than GameStop's "2 day shipping" that arrives after a week and a half.
Last time I bought from GameStop the game came with a crushed generic case in a cardboard/glue shipping sandwich, which still cost $5 of course. That was several years ago, and since then the only GS purchases I've made have been in-store (where I could verify condition and not have to worry about shipping cost).

A bit of a tangent here, but I personally I care less about getting things by a specific date and more about knowing what date things are supposed to come. The delivery services (USPS/UPS/FedEx/Amazon) in my area are all bad, and fixing their misdeliveries and lost packages has taken more of my time than I care to recall. If I don't know when to expect packages to begin with, that just compounds the issue. Guaranteed five day shipping would be better than "maybe 2 day" shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back