Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if using PayPal? I wanna reserve one so I can think about it because it is a game I love, but it is...expensive.
I ordered through PayPal and this was in the confirmation email:

Please also note that we have not charged you yet. You will be notified by email before we debit your account, which will occur a few days before the delivery of your pre-order.

I ordered through PayPal and this was in the confirmation email:

Please also note that we have not charged you yet. You will be notified by email before we debit your account, which will occur a few days before the delivery of your pre-order.
Thanks for the clarification. I haven't received any emails from them yet despite SE store saying success...

EDIT: Just got the confirmation.

FFVII is my favorite game ever so I feel compelled to buy, knowing full well it sets a horrible precedent that if it sells out, the next CE will be $400 and then eventually $500.

I put my order in, Better to be safe then sorry. Their website is trash. Glad I went through their reset process earlier. The figure isn't bad, I just wanted some kind of exclusive packaging. Not the deluxe.

I have a feeling the FfVII first class edition from the squeenix store will be a deluxe edition with the statue separate kinda like the dragon quest CE. Matters to some - certainly me which is why I’m passing on it most likely.

Is the carbuncle materia only in the $330 version and not the deluxe? Why?
its not in the picture but the description page says its included

Deluxe Edition Includes:

• FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE game
  • Artbook
  • Mini-Soundtrack
  • Steelbook
  • Cactuar Summon Materia DLC
  • Carbuncle Summon Materia DLC

Please note, this is a soft bundle.  The FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Deluxe Edition contents are bundled separately from the Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife & Hardy Daytona.

They half-assed it and they didn't have too. It should have been done like Nier. If your going to make a exclusive CE. Make it uniqe. 

This is the more expensive CE I have bought.. Hate how the prices for CE get higher and higher

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I don't mind for games I really want like Metro Exodus, Cyberpunk, or Witcher 3. Things I'm only kinda interested in and especially things that have a cheaper steelbook version I'm not chasing.

Where is Xenogears Remake you bastards. One of the greatest stories ever told robbed from completion because its budget was pilfered for FF7.

As I said earlier, I'm not surprised at the price, I figured SE would price that Figure alone at $250. The FF XIII Lightning riding on Odin playarts kai figure was also $250.

Why would you get a PS5 instead of upgrading your PC? Don't you have a job?
They making Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc on PC now?

It's a different experience. Story heavy single player cinematic games are seemingly console exclusives and mostly a Japanese art. PC tends more western more focused on graphics and explosions and tries so hard to be Photorealistic Nature Simulator #164753 that they barely have time or budget to include a story.

They making Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us etc on PC now?

It's a different experience. Story heavy cinematic games are seemingly console exclusives and mostly a Japanese art. PC tends more western more focused on graphics and explosions and tries so hard to be Nature Simulator that they barely have time or budget to include a story.
The Last of Us is my favorite of all Japanese art.

The Last of Us is my favorite of all Japanese art.
An exception like Zero Dawn. On a Japanese platform funded as an in house 2nd party dev by a Japanese company that understands patience and good single player experiences vs cancelling anything that isn't a guaranteed billion seller Halo or Call of Duty.

Oh, you're serious.
We sure as hell know niether TLOU or HZD would have ever saw the light of day if Microsoft, EA, or Activision was controlling the purse.

Or they would have just been turned into versus mode arena shooters with a 5 minute single player campaign and quickly forgotten about.

Looks like it's still up. Panic bought it thinking it would go immediately and just realized it's not even a real CE. Will probably just cancel and go with the Deluxe. It's ridiculous to charge that amount of money and not even bundle your CEs together properly.

Well Square Enix is making a $2,500 (NOT A TYPO) watch for FFVII

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/564636/final-fantasy-vii-chronograph-sephiroth-jewelry

Square Enix is very proud to present this incredible chronograph timepiece with an automatic movement manufactured by Seiko Instruments of Japan and an all-black coating including a Black Materia inspired onyx crown to achieve a remarkable look truly inspired by Sephiroth.

In collaboration with K-uno’s artisans, amazing handcrafted detail was put into every piece that will make any FINAL FANTASY VII fan stunned! From the exposed mechanics of the all-glass back panel to the FINAL FANTASY VII logo embossed rotor, with 3D One-Winged Angel emblem and finishing with a Mako inspired mother-of-pearl central disk.
This limited edition Chronograph will be made in Japan, with a unique North American serial number and up to 77 pieces made per region. This spectacular piece includes a special case and will be the centerpiece of anyone’s collection for years to come!
8976by4.jpg

YWX7oNI.jpg

X5vBH0J.jpg

uwnNklS.jpg

^They've done expensive jewelry before, so it's not too out of left field

Personally I picked up the Cyberpunk PS4 CE (wish there was a PC, but I guess I'll have to sell that copy and pick up a digital pc copy) and the Deluxe FFVII (definitely not worth an extra $260 for that figure imo). I'm going to get as much as I can out of GCU before it expires this E3 it seems...

Not gonna lie, I just preordered the 1st Class Edition because the shipping was only $16 for me. That's a deal in and of itself. (In all seriousness, I actually didn't flinch when I saw it was still available- new trailer fucking killed me inside, I know I'mma buy this game day 1.)

I think they're just gonna keep adding more expensive FFVII shit to see how much people are gonna pay for anything with the FF7R's branding on it... next up is gonna be a Buster Sword for $7G and then a replica bike for $20G.

So I'm still a little confused on FFVII Remake.  Is the Deluxe Edition I just preordered on Best Buy the full game or just the first of several episodes?

So I'm still a little confused on FFVII Remake. Is the Deluxe Edition I just preordered on Best Buy the full game or just the first of several episodes?
Its the first episode, but apparently each episode is the length of a full game. First episode will cover Midgar part only.

Its the first episode, but apparently each episode is the length of a full game. First episode will cover Midgar part only.
Wait. you are shitting me. They are making us pay for ff7 disc 1, ff 7 disc 2 and ff 7 disc 3 as if they were separate games? Hopefully we are getting a full remake and not just a graphics update?

Wait. you are shitting me. They are making us pay for ff7 disc 1, ff 7 disc 2 and ff 7 disc 3 as if they were separate games? Hopefully we are getting a full remake and not just a graphics update?
I'm afraid it's true.. What we are currently all pre-ordering is basically the first episode which will cover up to Midgar.. Not sure how many more episode we are going to get. Rumors say it'll either be split into two parts or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back