Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else on here buy the Fallout 76 CE? I got a ups email for a 1 lb. Package coming from TECHNICOLOR HES SE LLC.

I did a twitter search for that company and found a few others that think it may be the canvas bag. I haven't ordered anything that is releasing this month.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Anyone else on here buy the Fallout 76 CE? I got a ups email for a 1 lb. Package coming from TECHNICOLOR HES SE LLC.

I did a twitter search for that company and found a few others that think it may be the canvas bag. I haven't ordered anything that is releasing this month.

I got the same email and bought the CE, so it may be.

CEs have just gotten kinda too much for me. When they first started appearing ~10 years ago I would buy almost all of them because I was a sucker for 'collectors' or 'rare' stuff. Nowadays I dont buy almost any except the true games I am really looking forward to, and even then I usually pass on expensive, large ones.

Only one I ever regret not buying was Last of Us Post Pandemic, which at the time I thought was a ridiculously high price.
10 years ago? How old are you? Collector's edition have been around for WAY longer than that.

Have they become more prominent over the past decade? Yes.

Never got around to submitting for the newer bag

Insane... seems like is gonna be like BotW Master Sword Edition. 

EDIT* Amazon UK has listing for the standard edition but it notes, does not ship to US, guessing that will apply to the LE once it's up...:whistle2:

10 years ago? How old are you? Collector's edition have been around for WAY longer than that.

Have they become more prominent over the past decade? Yes.
Can’t seem to really remember CEs before the 360/ps3 gen, at least not when I was shopping around at the time. PS2/cube/Xbox had a couple, but ps1/n64 era had almost none, snes/genesis certainly had none.

It appears to have USA shipping available now based on replies. Site is getting slammed.
I used ShopTo ages ago and they shipped to the US before so that's good, but I can't even add the game to my cart...

I got an order in but holy shit, $125... they charge VAT and shipping is 18GBP.

Yes I have been watching this link for two days. 2am a couple nights ago it wasn't there yet, then several hours later at 9:30am it was 'not available'. I don't believe that it ever went live. It's the only amazon site that I've even found an 'unavailable' listing on so far.
guy in wario's comments says he was able to order this morning

Yes I have been watching this link for two days. 2am a couple nights ago it wasn't there yet, then several hours later at 9:30am it was 'not available'. I don't believe that it ever went live. It's the only amazon site that I've even found an 'unavailable' listing on so far.
It just popped back in stock, but then goes out right away. Got an order in for about 90 Euros with shipping, so about $100 USD.

I have it in my cart but I'm not seeing an option for US shipping. Do we need to go further into processing for that to appear?
if you do the actual checkout and put in your US address it will let you checkout fine and charge you international shipping

18 pounds for US shipping to California. For some reason they are still trying to charge me VAT, which would make the total like $150. Hmm

Wasn't going to try being on my phone, but decided to try because watching a raid rebuild was getting boring.

Shopto went through with zero issues for me. Yay!

18 pounds for US shipping to California. For some reason they are still trying to charge me VAT, which would make the total like $150. Hmm
mine showed VAT but didnt appear to be charging it at shopto, total USD showed $120 or so. They have a pay later thing, do that and ask them to remove VAT if it's still there I guess, since you aren't supposed to pay it

VAT is in the price of the item. So it's 80 GBP, which includes 16.xx GBP for VAT.

You'd think by now, these retailers would find a way around these high demand CEs that result in people continuously refreshing waiting for the item to be listed, trying to find it, add to cart, and check-out. 

Sure it might drive traffic to your site but it's causing more problems than benefits as those people aren't gonna buy something else just because they're at your website (vs a retail store where they might as they already made the drive/walk) and it's slowing/shutting down the site for customers who actually want to buy shit. 

You'd think by now, these retailers would find a way around these high demand CEs that result in people continuously refreshing waiting for the item to be listed, trying to find it, add to cart, and check-out.

Sure it might drive traffic to your site but it's causing more problems than benefits as those people aren't gonna buy something else just because they're at your website (vs a retail store where they might as they already made the drive/walk) and it's slowing/shutting down the site for customers who actually want to buy shit.
My other is that I have lost trust in having an order even securing my order, I end up ordering at multiple places just to make sure I don't get randomly cancelled at one and left sol before launch

My other is that I have lost trust in having an order even securing my order, I end up ordering at multiple places just to make sure I don't get randomly cancelled at one and left sol before launch
Yeah I do this to the point of overkill. If I want a CE to be excellent condition then I'll preorder like 3 copies from different retailers with at least one for store pickup. It's annoying for those that want to be slow with their preorders, but I don't mind getting 4 notifications that my BBY order is ready for pickup when I already received a pristine copy in the mail.

Preordering multiples from Europe can be a bit more trouble....

This ^^ getting hard to rely on any one site to not cancel at last minute no one seems to be reliable go to anymore.

You don’t seem like you have a technology background, but what would you suggest they do? Ban IPs so people can’t refresh their site? All e-commerce retailers employ some counter-measures against robot/script traffic, but people manually doing it from their browsers are real people so they wouldn’t try to block them via CAPTCHAs and other throttling measures. As for limiting re-sale, just about every site has quantity limits now.

You don’t seem like you have a technology background, but what would you suggest they do? Ban IPs so people can’t refresh their site? All e-commerce retailers employ some counter-measures against robot/script traffic, but people manually doing it from their browsers are real people so they wouldn’t try to block them via CAPTCHAs and other throttling measures. As for limiting re-sale, just about every site has quantity limits now.
You're right, I don't and I don't really care about this enough to have a detailed discussion about it since it benefits me in a very menial way but... just of the top of my head: they can figure out what people are searching for, can't they? If they're getting a lot of queries for something similar over and over again from either one or multiple people, then start showing a message: "We see you're searching for "Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Limited Edition"! We don't anticipating listing that today so fuck off".

Helps both parties- me not wasting my time searching, them not having their site slow down.

Does anyone know if the Fire Emblem special edition will still come with its original case? I know it includes the steelbook, but I don't see the original case explicitly listed, but I can't think of a single Switch CE that didn't come with it.

Cant wait to see the giant PEGI/USK logo ruin the Zelda box and forever brand and taint it as IMPORT.

Finally managed to get an order through Amazon.it for Link's Awakening. Seems like the listing is only up for seconds at a time before selling out. Hoping it's not another master edition debacle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back