Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
[attachment=32429:D9mePB0X4AANuUe.jpeg][attachment=32430:Screenshot_20190702-000147_Chrome.jpg]Wishful thinking but does anyone have a dpci number for this elusive Mario maker 2 lunch box?

attachicon.gif
D9mePB0X4AANuUe.jpeg
attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20190702-000147_Chrome.jpgWishful thinking but does anyone have a dpci number for this elusive Mario maker 2 lunch box?
Searching for the UPC gives no results on Brickseek, it's marked as not for individual sale so it might not even have a DPCI?

UPC is 492070409843

It was too late at the store I went to. Guy said they had 6 and they went on release morning, but that's the problem with living in a large metro area.

Looks like those of us caught it last night really lucked out big time [emoji23]

Let see if they will honor it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Does Amazon Japan charge in full when ordering, preauthorize in full or preauthorize a small amount?
Same as other Amazon's, however, lately they have been doing this thing where they will not let you cancel after a certain date, so if you are on the fence be aware, I got locked into my neogeo mini from that

Same as other Amazon's, however, lately they have been doing this thing where they will not let you cancel after a certain date, so if you are on the fence be aware, I got locked into my neogeo mini from that
Amazon US did that with me once before, so I locked my card for couple days and charge won't go through, after like 3-4 attempts they cancelled the order.

Amazon US did that with me once before, so I locked my card for couple days and charge won't go through, after like 3-4 attempts they cancelled the order.
Haven't seen that there yet, it's kinda annoying, I've mostly seen it from the jp site. I will however say, I get deliveries from Amazon Japan faster than Amazon US it's crazy

Thanks. Looks like I’ll be getting that DQ XI Switch after all.

I noticed Target still has Fire Emblem Warefare edition for preorder but have never preordered from them before. Do they have a history of cancelling or is there a decent chance I'll get this?

I noticed Target still has Fire Emblem Warefare edition for preorder but have never preordered from them before. Do they have a history of cancelling or is there a decent chance I'll get this?
It's not gonna be a hard to get release

Wait what..? Is that after you've had a pre-order in for X amount of time or only when you're getting close to release? Like I've had a pre-order that I could cancel 4 days before release but that was because they were preparing to ship it.

Wait what..? Is that after you've had a pre-order in for X amount of time or only when you're getting close to release? Like I've had a pre-order that I could cancel 4 days before release but that was because they were preparing to ship it.
I think the neogeo was a couple months out when the lock in date hit

I was able to cancel a pre-order literally as it was being delivered, minutes away from my house. I was pretty impressed by that.

I was able to cancel a pre-order literally as it was being delivered, minutes away from my house. I was pretty impressed by that.
I believe Amazon is starting to move away from that model. From what I understand, they are rolling it out on certain items on their European stores first where you only have a small window to cancel after you preorder. It should serve as a deterrent to scalpers for sure and allow them to move precisely control inventory so they aren't over ordering stock.

I believe Amazon is starting to move away from that model. From what I understand, they are rolling it out on certain items on their European stores first where you only have a small window to cancel after you preorder. It should serve as a deterrent to scalpers for sure and allow them to move precisely control inventory so they aren't over ordering stock.
While I like the deterrent to scalpers, this is also a deterrent to me. I preorder stuff immediately sometimes and then decide later if I can afford it. I mean I guess they don't want that either, but it's sort of like, you got me through the door, I'm way more likely to _keep_ the preorder, but if I can't cancel it, I may just never order it. And there have been times where I preorder and forget, and returning to Amazon is not easy like best buy, so I usually just eat it.

I know it screws up inventory that they have to buy to fulfill preorders, and it makes sense to not allow the cancel, but overall, I will buy less. Must be worth it in the bigger picture.

Looks sold out to me on Targets website...

Got a long e-mail in German about how my Astral Chain Collector's Edition order from the other day. It says they cannot guarantee delivery date. The item title says "discontinued". I wonder if they're indirectly canceling orders this way. Hopefully it's a boilerplate email when an item doesn't have a stated delivery date.

Edit: I ninja'd FlawlesslyFatal

Weird, Amazon DE sent me an email saying they no longer have a ship date for Astral Chain CE (!?!), order not cancelled yet however.

Edit: got ninjad by Renzler

DxM LE is up on Nedgame, doesnt ship outside of Europe, 110 Euro price tag

GAME will be out of the question for import since they won't ship anything over 100 euro, so don't bother look at them

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back