Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's up on VG+. I'm sure these will be readily available at other major NA retailers soon, though. There is literally no need to be looking at EU imports for this thing lol. 

What's making everything think it will sell out. I'm not arguing against the notion lm just wondering if their is any reason. All the other yakuza special/collectors editions are still available

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have 2 Astrail Chains. Amazon de and UK. Which one to cancel? I'm leaning UK because it's a bit more.
I'd ditch the DE one. Their rating is more obtrusive, and you have a pretty high chance of getting non-English packaging. The UK versions are just like an NA version, just with a PEGI rating in place of an ESRB.

I'd ditch the DE one. Their rating is more obtrusive, and you have a pretty high chance of getting non-English packaging. The UK versions are just like an NA version, just with a PEGI rating in place of an ESRB.
One thing I worry about is Amazon UK cancelling orders? Haven't people reported that, where their listings will say "does not ship to the US" but people can place orders anyway and then Amazon UK cancels them?

I also heard Amazon UK ships in bubble mailers a lot, and in ordering from De I've always gotten boxed items.

But maybe those are just urban legends and not true.

One thing I worry about is Amazon UK cancelling orders? Haven't people reported that, where their listings will say "does not ship to the US" but people can place orders anyway and then Amazon UK cancels them?

I also heard Amazon UK ships in bubble mailers a lot, and in ordering from De I've always gotten boxed items.

But maybe those are just urban legends and not true.
Amazon UK's packaging is shit, that's for sure. I'm just not a fan of non-English packaging when an English version exists, so I'd never, ever choose a German, Italian, French, etc version over a UK one. But that's just me, and I know that not every one feels that way. In future, I'd recommend checking out 365games.co.uk and base.com

Between those two, I have my UK import games and anime needs taken care of and don't need Amazon anymore.

Maybe I'll just keep both and ebay one of them to be safe. The Astral Chain one is cheaper than the others,
I typically order games in sets of 3 from 365, as that ensures very good packaging and protection. I almost always make money when I sell the other 2. Selling imports on eBay can be pretty lucrative, as people that don't know how, or aren't willing to, import themselves will always end up paying more.

I have bought other stuff from amazon.de and never had any problems. I did get an astral chain collectors edition from amazon uk. So here's hoping it shows up ok.

I typically order games in sets of 3 from 365, as that ensures very good packaging and protection. I almost always make money when I sell the other 2. Selling imports on eBay can be pretty lucrative, as people that don't know how, or aren't willing to, import themselves will always end up paying more.
I think I’ve only imported steel books and Nintendo CEs. Why can’t Nintendo of America just get their shit together and match the Euro CEs then this wouldn’t be an issue. Theirs are always better.

I think I’ve only imported steel books and Nintendo CEs. Why can’t Nintendo of America just get their shit together and match the Euro CEs then this wouldn’t be an issue. Theirs are always better.
I don't do CEs and steels anymore, but there are a fair amount of games that get physical releases in the UK but not NA--Bandai Namco are awful for this. So that's what gets me bringing things across the pond these days haha.

Nintendo is legendarily awful for snubbing NA. Remember the Operation Rainfall situation? Those titles got extremely nice CEs in Europe, but not here. Then there's Fatal Frame 4 that also got a really nice EU CE, but wasn't even physically released here. Or they'll releases a CE only at the Nintendo World store for NA. These practices leave money on the table and piss their fans off. What's the benefit?

I have 2 Astrail Chains. Amazon de and UK. Which one to cancel? I'm leaning UK because it's a bit more.
That's funny. I have an order from each of those same Amazons as well.

I'm going to let them both ship. Sometimes these things show up smashed from international shipping. I'll keep the good one and sell the one in worse condition.

It's a lot harder to make enough to satisfy the American market. People sure do complain a lot tho. They complain if not enough are made, and they no longer want the item if it's readily available. So it's a lose-lose for publishers. If tons of an item are sitting there on the shelf then Americans don't want it.

It's easy enough to just follow the thread on here and order things internationally, now that Amazon is super cheap to import, and now that the new console systems are region-free.

I was thinking about this yesterday and it’s bugging me that I can’t remember ...

When did it start that every Nintendo CE sells out?

There was one CE in particular that basically triggered the entire frenzy where you HAD to preorder every Nintendo CE otherwise you weren’t getting it. But I can’t remember which one it was.

I want to say the Skyward Sword CE, but that’s seems too long ago. Was it the Amiibo craze? I think that was too late.

I wanna say it was in 2012 or 2013, but Nintendo didn’t really release any CEs those years.

I can’t recal if it was amiibo or the NES classic or the Majoras Mask 3d CE / new 3ds console.

I was thinking about this yesterday and it’s bugging me that I can’t remember ...

When did it start that every Nintendo CE sells out?

There was one CE in particular that basically triggered the entire frenzy where you HAD to preorder every Nintendo CE otherwise you weren’t getting it. But I can’t remember which one it was.

I want to say the Skyward Sword CE, but that’s seems too long ago. Was it the Amiibo craze? I think that was too late.

I wanna say it was in 2012 or 2013, but Nintendo didn’t really release any CEs those years.

I can’t recal if it was amiibo or the NES classic or the Majoras Mask 3d CE / new 3ds console.
I don't know if it was the first, but Skyward Sword absolutely sold out and went for above MSRP for a while on eBay.

What's making everything think it will sell out. I'm not arguing against the notion lm just wondering if their is any reason. All the other yakuza special/collectors editions are still available

Wario64 posted that it is "limited run" and on the amazon page near the bottom near the pictures it also says "while supplies last". Not sure if it will sell out or how many they made though. I got a order in because you never know.

Fire Emblem: Fates was the first Nintendo CE I remember really going nuts. Which is kind of ironic since it's one of the more critically panned games in the series.

The Nintendo Store exclusive CEs were also crazy (Hyrule Warriors is the one I remember) but

Again, stuff people mostly wanted just because they couldn't have it. That Zelda thing is sold out?! I NEEEEED IT.

I remember very well what happened, including how things went down on here in particular, when very nice collector's edition sets of things like Bravely Second, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Ni no Kuni 2, and even the Super Smash Brothers Switch deluxe sets became widely available to purchase.

I’m leaning toward it being the Skyward Sword CE the more I think about it.

I remember I did not preorder it and walked into my local store to grab one launch day and the workers told me the last guy bought “all 5 they had”.

I think that’s the first one that was really really hard to get. Then after that the Wii U had high preorder numbers and finally I think it really skipped to amiibos which were almost impossible to get.

I don’t think it was bravely because I distinctly remember preordering it because “Nintendo CEs always sell out.”
Maybe it was metroid prime trilogy for the wii?

Really seems like BotW was the first rare sought after Nintendo CE. I don’t do much Nintendo stuff.
These are the 3 best responses depending how you want to define "sell out" (since everything physically eventually sells out).

Prime Trilogy CE was available/easily found for a while. Bestbuy even had it on sale for $20 and BB got cleared out pretty quickly... and then it started to disappear from all stores and then it started going for a lot. This is when I think the whole mentality went from "Nintendo games rarely drop in price" to "Nintendo games are gonna be collectible" started IMO. Factor in that NES/SNES games were skyrocketting due to the retro craze starting (all that "90s kids" shit began) and even N64 and GC games started going up somewhat quickly. Basically take what Nothing- described and apply it Nintendo universally thanks to the massive Nintendo user based added with Wii, after over a decade of Nintendo coming in well behind Sony, and you got a lot of nostalgia collectors starting to collect older Nintendo games but also looking for the future collectibles. Of course this got a non-CE reprint a few years later so its prices have dropped quite a bit.

Skyward Sword was the first CE that probably sold out close to release but you could still find a copy here and there. I got mine from Kmart when they did those bonus vouchers or whatever for some new releases games (remember getting a $20 voucher), picked it up 2-3 days after release. And my brother scored one from GS pre-order that didn't go through.

BotW Master Sword Ed was difficult to even get a preorder in. Even the regular CE wasn't all that easy to find but you could find a few in wild.

My 2 cents, this is the era where probably 40% of my collection is and the BotW ME basically made me realize I can't keep up with collecting anymore. Prime Trilogy is my personal pick- I think it's the one that "started" the trend of Nintendo games being collectible/selling out.

I have that Cursed Mountain Steelbook. Found it randomly on while surfing Amazon years ago. Cool story

I’d still probably trade it for a Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook

I have that Cursed Mountain Steelbook. Found it randomly on while surfing Amazon years ago. Cool story

I’d still probably trade it for a Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook
I actually bought 2 of the Cursed Mountain steelbooks for $8.99 each from Hubbagames on Amazon way back in June 2011. Pulling up that order in my Amazon history, I also bought Ju-On The Grudge for Wii (also new from Hubbagames) for $11.26. That was quite the interesting order (and seems to have appreciated as well since then).

BotW Master Sword Ed was difficult to even get a preorder in. Even the regular CE wasn't all that easy to find but you could find a few in wild.
Imagine my surprise when I found 4 BotW CE in the glass case at a TRU during a b1g50% off deal. The guy that got it out of the cage told me a reseller bought a bunch and returned some of them. That was something.

I think the hype started with N64 Zelda Ocarina of Time CE (gold cart).  Every store had their special preorder for it, although a few extra were still available at launch. So it was fairly easy to get if you preordered but was sought after right away when it was clear they already went to grey carts.  Maybe you whipper snappers are too young to remember.

So if I understand correctly, UK is getting. Sword Steelbook, a Shield Steelbook, and a SwSh Dual Pack Gold Steelbook?

Click/tap on the item will show the new price
25cc2942c3603b50a80c71f78a75e1a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Got ym 2 steelbook, one perfect one a bit dented

I'm waiting for the final drop on the after hours premium edition.

I picked a brand new one up from eBay for $60. I figured Amazon's sold out so everyone's waiting for Bestbuy and as soon as it drops there, everyone's gonna pick it up and it'll sell out quickly after that. Didn't want to risk it.

And glad I did since it's probably my favorite Yakuza game in terms of gameplay (though I have played Kiwamis or 0).

I picked a brand new one up from eBay for $60. I figured Amazon's sold out so everyone's waiting for Bestbuy and as soon as it drops there, everyone's gonna pick it up and it'll sell out quickly after that. Didn't want to risk it.

And glad I did since it's probably my favorite Yakuza game in terms of gameplay (though I have played Kiwamis or 0).
This is exactly what will happen. It will be one of those that no one thinks about much until it's gone then everyone will have to have it sending the price up and leaving me kicking myself for not just paying an extra 15-20 bucks

So just curious what you guys use for storage for your games. I assume you like most use shelving. I used to use shelving, but I got rid of it because I have an old house, it was built in like the 50s and it has a lot of dust. I managed to limit it with some remodeling(going hardwood, ventilation duct cleaning, etc) and air purifiers, so it's not as bad as it used to be, but it definitely still amasses much quicker than your average home. I'd say every week there is a decent coating of dust on everything and it was just too much trouble cleaning with the shelving. It would get on the games and in between cracks, it was really gross and way too tiresome to maintain. I'd have to pull all the cases out individually and wipe them off.

So I started storing all my games in plastic storage bins, like Sterilite and such and stacking them up to keep them clean.

Wonder if you guys recommend any other alternatives, because they're starting to get bulky and I'm running out of room to store stuff.

FYI: A few years ago I also bought one of those storage cabinets to try that and I have no freaking clue, but somehow the inside of that amassed dust too. Granted, at a slower rate, but still, same premise. So those are a no go too.

So just curious what you guys use for storage for your games. I assume you like most use shelving. I used to use shelving, but I got rid of it because I have an old house, it was built in like the 50s and it has a lot of dust. I managed to limit it with some remodeling(going hardwood, ventilation duct cleaning, etc) and air purifiers, so it's not as bad as it used to be, but it definitely still amasses much quicker than your average home. I'd say every week there is a decent coating of dust on everything and it was just too much trouble cleaning with the shelving. It would get on the games and in between cracks, it was really gross and way too tiresome to maintain. I'd have to pull all the cases out individually and wipe them off.

So I started storing all my games in plastic storage bins, like Sterilite and such and stacking them up to keep them clean.

Wonder if you guys recommend any other alternatives, because they're starting to get bulky and I'm running out of room to store stuff.

FYI: A few years ago I also bought one of those storage cabinets to try that and I have no freaking clue, but somehow the inside of that amassed dust too. Granted, at a slower rate, but still, same premise. So those are a no go too.
I use shelves, Atlantic Oskars specifically. Works great for me, but I also don't have issues with shelf dust where I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back