Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Fata Morgana CE came today and although I could have sworn I picked the Vita version, it came for PS4. Since remote play isn't much of an option for me and I can't imagine playing a visual novel on anything other than my Vita, I may actually need to buy the game again, though that would make me a terrible CAG. 

For added salt in the wound, the digital version of the game features cross-buy. I just had to have physical... 

Place an order on best buy.. Don't know if I will keep it.. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
If you pre-order now and you later find it's cheaply made, mass produced etc. you can always change your mind and cancel it.

If you don't pre-order now and it sells out/becomes truly scarce, then you are at the mercy of the scalpers.

So if you want it, I say play it safe and pre-order.

Surprised to get my DE order for Astral Chain CE today. They used a box and it's basically mint, what shock! Very nice CE btw, got number 33xx / 21000

Yeah, mine was $97.85 shipped after the conversion from 77.74pounds.  Arriving Sept. 20th.

Daemon X Machina just became available to order again from Amazon.es, .fr, and .uk  for 100 euros or 100 pounds respectively.

83 euros plus 19 for delivery, unfortunately.  ~$118 at .fr and ~$119 at .es

.uk has much cheaper shipping and it comes out to ~$105.

Has anyone in the US received their Astral Chain order from Game.co.uk? I still haven't received mine and I'm getting concerned.

Has anyone played DxM? The CE looks cool, but videos of the gameplay left me underwhelmed.
The reviews for this game have been about what you'd expect from people who've never played mech games. My suggestion is to look up japanese gameplay, There's been a few clips on twitter making the rounds of how good and fast this game is.

Has anyone in the US received their Astral Chain order from Game.co.uk? I still haven't received mine and I'm getting concerned.
I have not received mine either. I received emails that I was charged and it was shipped. No tracking information provided. Delivery says maximum 11 days. We are well past that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can I please get everyone's opinion about who ships CE's the safest so that they arrive in good condition? 

(speed is not an issue at all)

Also has anyone had experience with last minute cancellations with the sites listed below?

I have to decide quickly on what order to keep for my Zelda CE...

Game UK

Amazon IT

Amazon DE

Thank you in advance for your insights!!!

Can I please get everyone's opinion about who ships CE's the safest so that they arrive in good condition?
(speed is not an issue at all)

Also has anyone had experience with last minute cancellations with the sites listed below?

I have to decide quickly on what order to keep for my Zelda CE...

Game UK

Amazon IT

Amazon DE

Thank you in advance for your insights!!!
Whichever one is cheapest, obvi. My UK order is under US MSRP so I'm definitely going with that.

Amazon jp is best shipper
i agree at first but my last order they didnt pack well. they used to do the cardboard thing and plastic wrapped around it and sticked to the shipping box. but the last one i had was barely any protection. just paper material on one side in a box.

Whichever one is cheapest, obvi. My UK order is under US MSRP so I'm definitely going with that.
The original is my favorite game of all time so I am trying to decide which has the best chance of arriving undamaged. Price is not an issue....and Amazon Japan is the best shipper but unfortunately they never had the version with the steel book included (which is the coolest thing that has come out for Zelda in years!)

I actually have pre-orders at these 3

Game UK

Amazon IT

Amazon DE

but need to knock it down to 1. The one who has the best chance of shipping it the safest so that they arrive in good condition...

Last edited by a moderator:
My amazon.de Astral Chain CE came today in a box that was crushed. Somehow, maybe because of the plastic slip cover and the CE outer box, the CE avoided any major damage.

The original is my favorite game of all time so I am trying to decide which has the best chance of arriving undamaged. Price is not an issue....and Amazon Japan is the best shipper but unfortunately they never had the version with the steel book included (which is the coolest thing that has come out for Zelda in years!)

I actually have pre-orders at these 3

Game UK

Amazon IT

Amazon DE

but need to knock it down to 1. The one who has the best chance of shipping it the safest so that they arrive in good condition...
It's a crapshoot... there's too many variables. All 3 retailers could pack the games the same way and you could still receive 3 copies in 3 completely different conditions or receive all 3 in perfect shape.

With that said, I'd definitely cancel Game. They're such shady fucks for charging VAT on an international order. I know they're not the only retailer that does that but of the 3 you have it preordered with, the 2 Amazons don't collect it.

It's a crapshoot... there's too many variables. All 3 retailers could pack the games the same way and you could still receive 3 copies in 3 completely different conditions or receive all 3 in perfect shape.

With that said, I'd definitely cancel Game. They're such shady fucks for charging VAT on an international order. I know they're not the only retailer that does that but of the 3 you have it preordered with, the 2 Amazons don't collect it.
How is he able to get game ship international since the links awakening maybe over 100gbp and cant ship out international

Yeah, but even with VAT Game is the same price or cheaper than the other two

My amazon.de Astral Chain CE came today in a box that was crushed. Somehow, maybe because of the plastic slip cover and the CE outer box, the CE avoided any major damage.
Same here. My shipping box was barely in one piece but luckily I only got a dented corner for the CE. And for those still waiting for it, there's no tracking update after 9/3.

I guess I've been lucky so far (knock on wood), but amazon.uk orders usually get here in pretty good condition. Their outer shipping boxes are pretty busted up but the CE inside has been fine.

Me ether. I contacted amazon.de and they refunded my shipping charge a few days ago. I contacted them again and they said its stuck at customs and I can ether wait or cancel the order and get refunded

my amazon.de copy of Astral Chain LE came yesterday and it's near mint. I can sell the warped one now.
Not sure but I think they'll all get warped eventually. Mine wasn't warped when I got it but after a week, it got warped (even though it's in a A/C'd room, away from sun, etc). Seems like the plastic slipcover is too big/loose and the shrinkwrap compresses it and warps it.

Not sure but I think they'll all get warped eventually. Mine wasn't warped when I got it but after a week, it got warped (even though it's in a A/C'd room, away from sun, etc). Seems like the plastic slipcover is too big/loose and the shrinkwrap compresses it and warps it.
Put a tiny hole in the wrap, to release the pressure before that happens.

Put a tiny hole in the wrap, to release the pressure before that happens.
Don't think that will help here. The shrinkwrap itself is pretty tightly wound and not very stretchy. Mine already had some minor holes in the corners by the time I got it, due to the sharp corners but still ended up warped.

My Astral Chain arrived from Game.co.uk today, largely unscathed save for some compression at the corners. It was shipped in one of those form-fitting book boxes and that definitely saw some action. Happy the game is not beat to hell.

Astral Chain CE from Amazon DE showed up today thankfully, The Box was mangled to hell. Lucky for me only 1 corner dented but the rest was fine. 

Finally received astral chain ce from game.uk. shipped in burritos but in good conditions. They also threw in a Mario bros notepad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The SNES Switch controllers are up for purchase now. Just grabbed 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back