Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the Death Stranding CE, this thing is huge, the contents look pretty well made. Only thing that bothers me is the handle on the case isn't fold-able. Everything is like a 1:1 scale prop from the game, and reminds me of the the 1:1 scale Bionic arm from MGSV CE. 

It makes me want to ask a question, do you guys prefer a good game with bad CE contents or a bad game (not this game but just in general) with good CE contents? Like is the quality of the game or the quality of the CE more important to you? By a bad CE, I guess something like that big ass Mirrors Edge Catalyst statue or the stupid Just Cause 3 grapple thing that just screams cheapy made plastic.

I posted some pictures of the Death Stranding CE in case you guys are on the verge of picking it up:

xRO8GIy.jpg

3aWEfWs.jpg

tjp1nhq.jpg

0WyDAIy.jpg

Picked up the Death Stranding CE, this thing is huge, the contents look pretty well made. Only thing that bothers me is the handle on the case isn't fold-able. Everything is like a 1:1 scale prop from the game, and reminds me of the the 1:1 scale Bionic arm from MGSV CE.

It makes me want to ask a question, do you guys prefer a good game with bad CE contents or a bad game (not this game but just in general) with good CE contents? Like is the quality of the game or the quality of the CE more important to you? By a bad CE, I guess something like that big ass Mirrors Edge Catalyst statue or the stupid Just Cause 3 grapple thing that just screams cheapy made plastic.

I posted some pictures of the Death Stranding CE in case you guys are on the verge of picking it up:

xRO8GIy.jpg

3aWEfWs.jpg

tjp1nhq.jpg

0WyDAIy.jpg
I prefer a great game with great CE contents at a fair price.

I prefer awesome CE contents. Don’t even care about the game since it just goes into my backlog

Watched the DS reviews and endings etc. This shit should have been a movie. It’s a game catering to a watching crowd designed to slow you down. Can’t support this. Never understood this twitch culture.

youtube. Is that twitch culture?

Clearly I don’t understand. As stated.

Just relieved I didn’t drop 300$ on this game. Thanks twitch culture, I guess?

xRO8GIy.jpg

3aWEfWs.jpg

tjp1nhq.jpg

0WyDAIy.jpg
Badass! I can't wait to play this tomorrow. Been hearing so much good stuff.

youtube. Is that twitch culture?
Nah, its Mixer culture :p

Debating where to put my BB. I think the window next to the front door of my house would be good at scaring away any possible solicitors and religious ppl

Watched the DS reviews and endings etc. This shit should have been a movie. It’s a game catering to a watching crowd designed to slow you down. Can’t support this. Never understood this twitch culture.

Games that are interactive movies have existed way before twitch.

Dreamfall chapters, night trap, phantasmagoria, 7th guest and so on. They were a few among a lot of games where the player had minimal interaction and the main draw of the game was the story and or cutscenes. Even some action games like the order 1886 had little action and much more movie to them.

Even newer games with little interaction like firewatch, detroid become human, gone home, what remainds of edith finch, vanishing of ethan carter and so on still get praise for the enviornments, story telling and so on.

So this type of game is not a new thing, nor any "culture" or whatever pretentious term you decide to use. If you dont like these types of games thats fine, thats the great thing about games is there are so many types of them. Something for everyone. Like me, I dont like sports games at all but I also dont go around trying to shit on them all the time because Id rather spend my time focusing on what makes me happy instead of just trying to dump on everything I dont like because if that Id be done 2 days after never.

UPS just dropped off my death strandering SE and after I eat I cant wait to open it and see what kind of insanity kojima has come up with.

And FYI, no one, I mean no one likes the grumpy old man that just sits and talks about kids these days and complains about nothing except what he doesnt like.

I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector's Edition, and the console, as well as a couple of the records back when they dropped.  It's safe to safe I love Kojima very much haha

Games that are interactive movies have existed way before twitch.

Dreamfall chapters, night trap, phantasmagoria, 7th guest and so on. They were a few among a lot of games where the player had minimal interaction and the main draw of the game was the story and or cutscenes. Even some action games like the order 1886 had little action and much more movie to them.

Even newer games with little interaction like firewatch, detroid become human, gone home, what remainds of edith finch, vanishing of ethan carter and so on still get praise for the enviornments, story telling and so on.

So this type of game is not a new thing, nor any "culture" or whatever pretentious term you decide to use. If you dont like these types of games thats fine, thats the great thing about games is there are so many types of them. Something for everyone. Like me, I dont like sports games at all but I also dont go around trying to shit on them all the time because Id rather spend my time focusing on what makes me happy instead of just trying to dump on everything I dont like because if that Id be done 2 days after never.

UPS just dropped off my death strandering SE and after I eat I cant wait to open it and see what kind of insanity kojima has come up with.

And FYI, no one, I mean no one likes the grumpy old man that just sits and talks about kids these days and complains about nothing except what he doesnt like.
I feel like I should hold you and let you know it will be ok.

I have no intelligent retort so I'm going to just troll you. Now let me get back to watching youtube video game play throughs while I simultaneously complain about the twitch culture
What a dope. Lol!

Indeed. What the kids do these days, any opinion that doesn’t jive with your butt hurt world view is toxic. Lol. Those YouTube vids though. Kojima selling his name.

Death Stranding CE is the biggest one since Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Pantheon that I’ve bought. And I just feel that I’m really going to hate this game, based off everything I’ve read about it, it might be my most hated game this entire generation, but I’ll gladly support Kojima regardless and who knows maybe there’s an outside chance I’ll actually enjoy it. I find it very unlikely. Fetch quests are my least favorite things in games and I’ve seen like 10 reviews say if you hate fetch quests you’ll hate this game, and if you dislike slow and deliberate micromanaging gameplay, you’ll hate it. All of which I can’t stand.

But who knows, there have been games I thought I’d love and hated and games I thought I’d hate that I love.

The reviews are so polarized it’s one of those cases where throwing out the highest and lowest scores is probably wise. I’ve seen fanboys hailing it as game of the decade / genre defining and haters say it’s the worst slog ever.

I may try it but a few people mentioned that you need to play around 10 hours to really get into it and give it a fair shake.

Has anyone here ever played mudrunner? All you do is deliver stuff. You make a plan and try not to tip over or get stuck and it's a lot of fun. Death stranding is that and so much more. Instead of locking differentials, all wheel drive and winches you have ladders , ropes and apparently a whole variety of different tools.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The reviews are so polarized it’s one of those cases where throwing out the highest and lowest scores is probably wise. I’ve seen fanboys hailing it as game of the decade / genre defining and haters say it’s the worst slog ever.

I may try it but a few people mentioned that you need to play around 10 hours to really get into it and give it a fair shake.
Usually I can tell if I'll like a game before I buy if I do enough research. Like I knew I'd love The Outer Worlds since I like Fallout. I saw several reviews say it's like Fallout only not as open, and sci fi and more polished, and I knew if that was accurate, I'd love it and it was accurate and I do love it.

If I don't end up liking a game I thought I'd like it's usually because I didn't do enough research on it. That really hurt my love of RDR2. I went in thinking it would be RDR except bigger world, better graphics, and found out it was basically a Cowboy simulator at times and I just didn't enjoy it because it was too slow and micromanaging for me. If I knew that going in, I would have curbed my expectations.

I have no patience for things like that anymore, I don't want to spend 100 hours on a game because of unnecessary immersion. I did in The Witcher 3 because I had so much fun exploring, fighting, doing quests, it had little tediousness that took away from the pacing... but when I have to spend so much time doing tedious things it takes so much of the joy out of games for me, and at least in some games you can just skip those parts, but Death Stranding seems like a game built entirely on those tedious things.

It seems like a game people who like Sims would like, or No Man's Sky. But I'm 99% sure I'll hate it, just holding out hope I'm wrong.

Still waiting on the Death Stranding CE from Best buy, but they sent me a digital code with no info about what it is. Anybody else know what it does?

Still waiting on the Death Stranding CE from Best buy, but they sent me a digital code with no info about what it is. Anybody else know what it does?
You could always put the code into PSN.com and see what it does....

But its basically all the pre order bonuses that were offered.

I finally opened the soundtrack to that Fire Emblem CE and barely touched the cd and it snapped in half getting it out of the case. So much for that one.

Death Stranding steelbook is nice.  Game has entered backlog with many others.  PS4 is my once in a blue moon/don't worry about achievements console.  (Monster Hunter World Iceborne and crown hunting is taking a ton of time right now)

I finally opened the soundtrack to that Fire Emblem CE and barely touched the cd and it snapped in half getting it out of the case. So much for that one.

Death Stranding steelbook is nice. Game has entered backlog with many others. PS4 is my once in a blue moon/don't worry about achievements console. (Monster Hunter World Iceborne and crown hunting is taking a ton of time right now)
When I bought Catherine fully body, I got the one steel at best buy that was mint, but the disc was flipping around. I was talking to the guy at loss prevention and he's like, "do you want to get another one?". Obviously blus aren't scratch proof, but pretty hard to scratch. I was like "nah, I'll open it right here to show you it's fine". Disc was cracked...

Has anyone here ever played mudrunner? All you do is deliver stuff. You make a plan and try not to tip over or get stuck and it's a lot of fun. Death stranding is that and so much more. Instead of locking differentials, all wheel drive and winches you have ladders , ropes and apparently a whole variety of different tools.

I'm with this guy. I think the game is pretty good. The I'm like 6 hours in and I'm liking it. The added dynamics of actually getting to your destination really masks the delivery boy aspect, which so far is pretty much blown out of proportion imo.

The story so far I like. The cross over to thy other side is a pretty good storyline. I don't regret purchasing day one. Haven't taken it out.

Just a heads up death stranding is a bit slow paced (still great though) in the first 2 chapters. It gets really good in chapter 3. It took just over 4 hours for me to get to C3 that's with 5 star bonds on 2 of the first 3 outposts. 10 hours is an exaggeration.

Just a heads up death stranding is a bit slow paced (still great though) in the first 2 chapters. It gets really good in chapter 3. It took just over 4 hours for me to get to C3 that's with 5 star bonds on 2 of the first 3 outposts. 10 hours is an exaggeration.
Lol I just started chapter 3 and had a little over 12 hours of game time before then. It's the kinda game you have to play at your own pace. I can't imagine how you could have all 5 star bonds in 4 hours but props to you if true. Either way it's definitely a slower game but I'm loving it and am certainly taking my time enjoying the sights

Lol I just started chapter 3 and had a little over 12 hours of game time before then. It's the kinda game you have to play at your own pace. I can't imagine how you could have all 5 star bonds in 4 hours but props to you if true. Either way it's definitely a slower game but I'm loving it and am certainly taking my time enjoying the sights
Well I got 5 stars on 2 outposts. Yeah I haven't done much sightseeing. Trying to beat the game before Shenmue 3 this week. Lol! Yeah I just see people saying it takes 10 hours to get good. Once I got that bike it was so easy to get around. You've probably found a bunch more cool stuff than me in taking your time. I did run into one of the memory chips though.

I'm with this guy. I think the game is pretty good. The I'm like 6 hours in and I'm liking it. The added dynamics of actually getting to your destination really masks the delivery boy aspect, which so far is pretty much blown out of proportion imo.

The story so far I like. The cross over to thy other side is a pretty good storyline. I don't regret purchasing day one. Haven't taken it out.
The game gets like 50x better once you have access to other player's vehicles and player-made highways. I get the feeling that when some reviewers played it, the community wasn't anywhere near as large, so they didn't have access to most player-made utilities. They probably ended up having to save up resources to build what little they could, or walk around the entire game. For me, some of these deserts have so much contraptions now they look like cities.

The game gets like 50x better once you have access to other player's vehicles and player-made highways. I get the feeling that when some reviewers played it, the community wasn't anywhere near as large, so they didn't have access to most player-made utilities. They probably ended up having to save up resources to build what little they could, or walk around the entire game. For me, some of these deserts have so much contraptions now they look like cities.
Wait.. this is an online game? Thought it was an SP game...

Wait.. this is an online game? Thought it was an SP game...
Other players can build things in the world that you can use. I haven't played yet but from what I have seen on twitter it looks cool. People have built highways and ziplines that other players can use to get around faster. You can't ever meet the other players but they can give likes to things you make. I even seen a video where the baby in the jar claps when you get likes from other players.

When I bought Catherine fully body, I got the one steel at best buy that was mint, but the disc was flipping around. I was talking to the guy at loss prevention and he's like, "do you want to get another one?". Obviously blus aren't scratch proof, but pretty hard to scratch. I was like "nah, I'll open it right here to show you it's fine". Disc was cracked...
It's a problem. I think the metalbook/steelbook/whatever it is, ring is too small. You have to jam the disc onto the spindle to get it on there which causes the cracked problem.

Fangamer is starting to prep their shipment of backers for Shenmue 3. Bastards, back then I thought the physical copy would be exclusive. Oh well. Maybe it'll actually still come in that "unique box" they originally promised but I doubt it.

If anyone ordered the NFS Heat Ultimate Collection package, I might suggest holding off. I ordered just the collectors without game from amazon.de and received this message translated from german.

A MESSAGE TO THE OWNERS OF THE NEED FOR SPEED HEAT ULTIMATE EDITION Thank you for choosing NFS directly at startup To be heat. We are glad that you are soon behind the wheel and Explore Palm City - but before you do that, we have some news. As part of the Ultimate Edition you purchased, we have an industry leading Modeler worked together to make a scale model of the iconic yellow To get Polestars 1. However, when we received the final product, we felt that it was not up to the quality standards corresponded to our original vision. We are currently working on the topic, but we would like to tell you what we will implement in the short term: 1. We will deliver you the current model! It remains part of the original packaging. With pleasure we want you to see the current design and appreciate your feedback! 2. We will work with our model maker on an improved and more accurate design of the Polestars 1 work and deliver the new model as soon as it is available! However, these high quality models need time to be designed and built since With the new designs, we will accept nothing but the highest quality. This could mean a time frame of 6-8 months. We will tell you about the progress keep you up to date during the design and give you the models in the design Show production phase.

I wonder if bestbuy is pulling the item from shelves or just selling it as is. Also wonder how bad it is..

Edit: pretty bad
https://youtu.be/ypv6Xxj0n-M

Still didn't get my MediEvil + steelbook for Amazon.de. I know a couple here got theirs last week. Usually I'd get mine within a day or two of others on here whenever ordering something from Amazon uk or de. Not worried yet, just don't know what to do if my package is lost since I don't speak german. Would imagine it would be hard contacting their customer service. Anyone have to do that before with an international Amazon? How did you do it and how did it go?

Still didn't get my MediEvil + steelbook for Amazon.de. I know a couple here got theirs last week. Usually I'd get mine within a day or two of others on here whenever ordering something from Amazon uk or de. Not worried yet, just don't know what to do if my package is lost since I don't speak german. Would imagine it would be hard contacting their customer service. Anyone have to do that before with an international Amazon? How did you do it and how did it go?

Just message them. They will respond in English. I have had it happen too. It's just like talking to any other customer service. They were very fast and helpful to me at least.

Fangamer is starting to prep their shipment of backers for Shenmue 3. Bastards, back then I thought the physical copy would be exclusive. Oh well. Maybe it'll actually still come in that "unique box" they originally promised but I doubt it.
I backed the KS CE and was hoping it would be an actual CE. But seems like they're just gonna be individual items.

Awhile back I ordered arkham knight steelbook edition from amazon.de. About two weeks past its delivery date I chatted with them in English and they sent another copy. About 2 weeks after the second one arrived the original showed up..

Awhile back I ordered arkham knight steelbook edition from amazon.de. About two weeks past its delivery date I chatted with them in English and they sent another copy. About 2 weeks after the second one arrived the original showed up..

I ordered a Rise of the Tomb Raider steelbook from .de and they shipped a normal case with the game. Ended up a third party seller and had to sent it back to New York for a refund.

Got my LM3 from Game today. Steel and game were on a sleeve and the doggie keychain is separate. All of this was inside the classic game paper cardboard pouch they always use. Luckily, nothing was damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back