2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the Zelda CE from bestbuy and now they finally email me a card member exclusive offer of earn $10 cert with purchase of at least $100. I swear they be doin that AFTER I buy somethin

I just bought the Zelda CE from bestbuy and now they finally email me a card member exclusive offer of earn $10 cert with purchase of at least $100. I swear they be doin that AFTER I buy somethin
Mine is spend $250. Pfft.

Speaking of Zelda, that Walmart scroll ended up looking pretty nice and I snagged one on ebay with the game for $100 isntead of the $80 people are asking for just the scroll. Just missing the gamestop stuff and I'm having trouble wanting to spend $40+ on the tiny wood. A coworker is interested in the game, so I'm sure I'll sell it his way for a cheaper than retail price.

Anyone else still waiting for their Amazon JP shipment of the TotK CE? I had an estimate delivery date of 5/15 to 5/26, then 5/16 to 5/26 and now it's 5/17 to 5/26. 

Anyone else still waiting for their Amazon JP shipment of the TotK CE? I had an estimate delivery date of 5/15 to 5/26, then 5/16 to 5/26 and now it's 5/17 to 5/26.
Mine shipped yesterday and says it'll be in today

Gotta love fedex. It said out for delivery yesterday, never showed up then said out for delivery today from 9am to 2pm, didn’t show up cuz it’s raining a bit I guess? Now no estimate. Lmao

Got the Japan CE for Zelda.  It came in a special shipping box and had the fork and spoon packaged with it.  Yay!  One other thing I like about it is that the artbook does not have plastic wrap on it and the main box is just a flap and no sticker to cut off.  I can keep my US artbook sealed then. :)

Edit: I've not dabbled in several versions of a game on switch until now, but both copies gave 70 points and both read the same save file.  

mnnEykl.jpg

Are they ever going to go back to the more classic Zelda formula? I’ve only played like 1-2 hours of TOTK but it really is a lot like BOTW. Neither are bad games IMO, but I really miss the Zelda formula with a slightly more linear approach, dungeons with new items, and weapons I don’t have to worry about breaking.

Are they ever going to go back to the more classic Zelda formula? I’ve only played like 1-2 hours of TOTK but it really is a lot like BOTW. Neither are bad games IMO, but I really miss the Zelda formula with a slightly more linear approach, dungeons with new items, and weapons I don’t have to worry about breaking.
Probably only in remakes. 15 hours in, I'd call TotK a botw sandwich. A couple extra layers added. Some fun new ideas. Very much an expanded botw at the core.

To the specific things you posted, early TotK spoilers below.
They doubled down on fragile weapons. Link's sword even shatters in the opening cutscene, haha. No more infinite bombs to avoid weapon usage. And now they're even more high maintenance (if you want your temporary weapon to actually be good).

A huge smile broke out on my face when I saw "Fire Temple" appear on my screen, indicating that classic dungeons have returned. Havent actually done one yet, but it's promising that they'll be better than botw's divine beasts.

Anyway I think it's a very good game. I might be thinking it's the best open world game ever if not weighed down hard by nsw hardware. No regrets after buying the CE and the pro controller. Opted to nfc card the amiibo to save a bit.

They have not done more than one direct sequel yet, so I'd expect the next one to try something new.

I've been doing shrines and towers to open the map up, so I'm not too far into the story. They really want you to keep close starting out and it's super easy to wander 5 ft the wrong direction and get one shot. I've found the bow the best thing to use on high level enemies for now. I've got some decent level 17+ weapons from amiibas since the game is still handing out 4s, so that has helped.

This is the new Zelda formula. OOT was the previous format and is now too restrictive.

https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1658539787677048832?s=12&t=XlGtAeZPN52IxZxbkKChMQ

I miss the old 8-bit, 16-bit and handheld-type Zeldas. With Nintendo moving away from dedicated handhelds, I doubt we'll get another Link Between Worlds type game.

BotW and TotK are two of the most well reviewed games ever, there's no chance they're going back to the old formula. And BotW sold like gangbusters, and so will TotK. 

EDIT* I got curious as to what the best selling Zelda game was, it's BotW by FAR. I always see how well Nintendo games sell but I'm honestly shocked with the sales #s for Zelda games... for everything before BotW. 

Wario posted a few months back ago. Amazon japan was offering tears of the kingdom collector's edition with all amiibo figures. Did anyone buy one? How was the package.

This is the new Zelda formula. OOT was the previous format and is now too restrictive.
Well that is unfortunate. But I suppose this is how some people felt when Zelda changed from 2d to 3d. This BOTW Zelda formula sells far better but for me there are too many aspects that arnt “Zelda”. I am definitely a fan of the old ones a lot more. Quite frankly I would rank BOTW as near the bottom in my list of favorites.

I miss the old 8-bit, 16-bit and handheld-type Zeldas. With Nintendo moving away from dedicated handhelds, I doubt we'll get another Link Between Worlds type game.
It sounds like you guys need to explore more Zelda-likes and derivatives on Steam, which there are no shortage of. There are all kinds of Indies that are similar games.

First one that came to mind to me was 3D Dot Game Heroes for the PS3. (holy crap that disc has gotten expensive)

I know that Tunic did well last year.

Further reading:

16 Games Zelda Fans Should Try.

The 11 Best Zelda-likes to play after Tears of the Kingdom.

Well that is unfortunate. But I suppose this is how some people felt when Zelda changed from 2d to 3d. This BOTW Zelda formula sells far better but for me there are too many aspects that arnt “Zelda”. I am definitely a fan of the old ones a lot more. Quite frankly I would rank BOTW as near the bottom in my list of favorites.
The very first Zelda on NES was like this though, just restricted by hardware and in 2D. When they made BOTW they said they wanted to recapture that original feel of discovery and exploration. I'd say they did that. Obviously technology makes the biggest difference between the two, but both are essentially go anywhere adventures. BOTW just didn't have the dungeons. I'm not far enough in TOTK to confirm if this does.

The very first Zelda on NES was like this though, just restricted by hardware and in 2D. When they made BOTW they said they wanted to recapture that original feel of discovery and exploration. I'd say they did that. Obviously technology makes the biggest difference between the two, but both are essentially go anywhere adventures. BOTW just didn't have the dungeons. I'm not far enough in TOTK to confirm if this does.
I would say my biggest gripes are the whole weapons breaking thing. I dont like that, just give me the master sword lol. and also I REALLY loved the metroidvania aspect of acquiring a new item in a dungeon and being able to open other locations by backtracking. (im not far enough in TOTK to know whether or not it does this)

I suppose Im also not the biggest fan of open world games especially ones where you can pick up millions of items scattered around that you dont really know what to do with or if to know if they are just junk.

HOWEVER I recognize im in the minority and most people absolutely love BOTW + TOTK, so I wouldnt be surprised if this is the permanent formula going forward.

I would say my biggest gripes are the whole weapons breaking thing. I dont like that, just give me the master sword lol. and also I REALLY loved the metroidvania aspect of acquiring a new item in a dungeon and being able to open other locations by backtracking. (im not far enough in TOTK to know whether or not it does this)

I suppose Im also not the biggest fan of open world games especially ones where you can pick up millions of items scattered around that you dont really know what to do with or if to know if they are just junk.

HOWEVER I recognize im in the minority and most people absolutely love BOTW + TOTK, so I wouldnt be surprised if this is the permanent formula going forward.
It's interesting, and I'm not alone on this, but weapon breaking didn't bother me in BOTW, but it is starting to get to me in TOTK. I don't know how much time I've put in, but I've traveled 1/3 to 1/2 of the map, and I'm still getting low durability weapons both melee and bows. And they're breaking a lot faster because I'm coming up against stronger enemies already. Pausing mid-fight a couple times to use the unwieldly selection system is annoying.

Being a fan or at least enjoying open-world games definitely helps. I play some open world games, but mostly linear games, so when I do play an open-world game I'm not tired of the genre. I think there could be a balance between the open-world and linear Zelda's. We've seen that a bit with the remakes and remasters on Switch, but a new linear game would be great. Have it be shorter and done by a separate team to compliment the open-world release.

Yeah, you are in the minority, but the next open-world Zelda is going to have to be much different. That magic, for me anyway, of BOTW was the discovery. Playing TOTK, yes the map is slightly different with debris, but overall it's the same with things in the same place. So I've avoided certain areas of the map because I know what's there and I know my Link isn't prepared for those areas yet. When first playing BOTW, I didn't know what was around the next corner or over the next hill, and that's where the magic was. TOTK is still a great game, but it has the impossible task of not being BOTW and bringing what BOTW brought. Unless someone skipped BOTW and knows nothing about it.

It sounds like you guys need to explore more Zelda-likes and derivatives on Steam, which there are no shortage of. There are all kinds of Indies that are similar games.

First one that came to mind to me was 3D Dot Game Heroes for the PS3. (holy crap that disc has gotten expensive)

I know that Tunic did well last year.

Further reading:

16 Games Zelda Fans Should Try.

The 11 Best Zelda-likes to play after Tears of the Kingdom.
Some great games on those lists. Darksiders and Okami really scratch the 3D itch. Genshin is live service/gacha which can be annoying but I enjoy it a lot too (been playing off-and-on since launch).

I felt like BotW was maybe a 7/10. They absolutely nailed the game engine and sandbox elements, but it felt like it was missing the "meat". I miss the sense of progression from key items, bigger dungeons, character, and story that I'd come to feel was synonymous with Zelda. I don't think BotW was bad, but I'm definitely not the target audience for the new direction of the series (and given the sales figures, I can't imagine why they'd change course now). Majora's Mask is my all-time favorite game and it's a bit sad to come to that realization, but c'est la vie.

As far as TotK, crafting doesn't excite me and otherwise it looks like more of the same. I don't agree with people who are saying it's "$70 DLC", but it seems clear from what I've read/seen that a lot of the same elements are present and that if I wasn't a fan of BotW I won't like TotK. It's kind of frustrating how polarized the discourse has been online with the game, but I guess games are far from the only topic that have become polarized in the past several years.

I didn't think BotW was the GOAT level game that many thought but I did enjoy it, but had similar issues with it that others had like the weapon breaking/lack of rewarding feeling. I'd also add that I found the world kinda boring... and just traversing it felt tedious (god I hated the climbing) and the lack of any real world building/lore didn't help. 

I was also never infatuated with the original BOTW, but did think it was an enjoyable game and worth playing thru. I haven't actually started playing the game (work, house stuff, kid on the way, etc) but did glance at a few reviews and plan to wait until a few guides and interactive (korok) maps are available before I start in earnest.. for now, might play a little bit until I can do some daily amiibo chesting to stock up. I'm old, can't aim, and like easy modes. Most people like us can only play 1-2 games a year. (Octopath 2 was my most recent one) 

As far as Totk... I Ordered:

5 CEs from various places, keeping 2 (1 to use, 1 sealed). Unfortunately, only 1 box was in good enough shape to keep new/sealed, 2 had scratches/dents, 2 had apparently been kept in the heat and the seals "slid" (I opened one of those w/o much residue damage) so returned the remaining 3 to Walmart/BB because I used credit card for those and not trade credit/gc/etc. Did not go to any midnight launches. 

4 OLEDs, keeping the one I hand picked from GS new for now, returned dinged one to amazon, cancelled 2 before release.

2 Pro controllers - 1 to use, 1 sealed.

4 Amiibos - 1 loose, 1 sealed (Target shipped one in just a plastic mailer.. and was absolutely smushed :oldman:  )

Pre-order Bonuses seem like the highest margin TOTK items to resell, but none seem that interesting to me to display. Looking at the current TOTK content in social media, it's a lot of defeating bosses with dildos and crucifying koroks. Wonder when the DLC will release?  :shock:

Speaking of TotK, my CE and controller from Amazon arrived and I really wish I ordered a back up now because they sent me one a fairly oversized box and while there's no dings/dents, the sticker peeled off/ripped the box. 

My brother ordered from BestBuy, his had scratches on the box... like deep ones, as if a cat scratched at it. 

Looks like Mortal Kombat 1 will be out in September and have a CE for $250.  16" Liu Kang statue, steelbook, art prints, and mtx monies.  "Select retailers"  which likely means lamestop exclusive again.

Looks like Mortal Kombat 1 will be out in September and have a CE for $250. 16" Liu Kang statue, steelbook, art prints, and mtx monies. "Select retailers" which likely means lamestop exclusive again.
If Wbgames publishing the game then 99.999999999% its gonna be gamestop exclusive

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

$250 CE and not even a steelbook, steel case = metalpak

lol WBgames CE never change
e8d4feeba58ac0b1a9d600127c93b176.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Ok….. I guess I either don’t really care or haven’t noticed. What’s the difference in a steelbook and a steel case? Any examples? I’m sure I have both in my collection and just never noticed.

Ok….. I guess I either don’t really care or haven’t noticed. What’s the difference in a steelbook and a steel case? Any examples? I’m sure I have both in my collection and just never noticed.
Steelbooks tend to be of higher quality than steel cases.

monochrome statue in the style of crappy live2d animation still frame video game openings? 

Was excited for this, but now hard pass

Steelcases tend to have hinges on the spine and are lower quality.

Sometimes companies advertise steelbooks as steelcases but it's never the other way around because steelbook is a registered trademark. The spines are the best way to tell, like in the Superman image above. Unfortunately it's not always obvious because companies make use of mock-ups a lot in marketing materials.

Also it sucks to see that the "early access with the $20 markup deluxe edition" trend is catching on. Feels pretty scummy, but luckily(?) I rarely play things on release.

bread's done
Back