2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the boring side missions. I think they were intended as a game design that helps you explore and learn the new area.

Isn't it more difficult to get the Gotterdammerung than beating the entire game on hard? Haven't beat the game on hard or got the Gotterdammerung, but so far the hardest thing for me is to beat the pull up challenge.
I was able to beat the pull up challenge after like 10 tries but there were tons of things in normal that I could not do like beating the boss to get the Gotterdammerung, could not beat Leviathan and obviously didn't even try Bahamut. Clearly not like the old days when you could just grind for an hour and basically be overpowered... LOL

I was able to beat the pull up challenge after like 10 tries but there were tons of things in normal that I could not do like beating the boss to get the Gotterdammerung, could not beat Leviathan and obviously didn't even try Bahamut. Clearly not like the old days when you could just grind for an hour and basically be overpowered... LOL
You could cast arcane ward and spam Aga spells to stun lock

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I think with the Remake you really have to exploit the enemies weakness or utilize your materias setup well, so definitely not like the original.

Oh yeah that was but the flower collecting was really short and was contained to one section.
I meant the game in general bored me, not the flower picking specifically. That's just the last thing I remember doing.

The price for the steelbook version on amazon.de is high either way. ebay prices start at half that cost.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the game not being interesting. I got to a village where you had to pick some flowers and got bored with it. I never played the original and the remake didn't win me over in the hours I put into it. I may continue it later, but have to find time to be motivated enough to start it again.
That's how I felt with the flower section too. It looked nice but I feel like it could have been a cutscene instead of a full gameplay segment. It's great fan service but for those of us that didn't play the original, it just felt unneeded to progress the story in a meaningful way.

I did beat the game and it does get much better towards the end though still a bit stiff at some sections. I'd say go ahead and finish it.

Also got my Cris Tales CE in the mail. Was wrapped in bubble wrap so no damage to the box, but I could def see some ppls getting dinged up in transit.

Most of the box is taken up by the plushie, with the extras securely stored underneath a flap inside. The game itself has it's own little pocket in the bottom, actually like how they packaged it.

[attachment=35801:20210719_163930.jpg]

Isn't it more difficult to get the Gotterdammerung than beating the entire game on hard? Haven't beat the game on hard or got the Gotterdammerung, but so far the hardest thing for me is to beat the pull up challenge.
I am working on this platinum right now, I just need hardened veteran and I'll be done.

Getting the gotterdammerung requires some maxed materia that you'll want for hard mode anyways (HP/MP up, elemental, etc), so getting ready for that VR battle will save you time later, assuming you haven't maxed out all the ones you need.

I'm in chapter 17 about to face swordipede so maybe I haven't reached the toughest bosses yet, but this accessory has definitely helped me a lot. Lots of encounters have been shortened by Cloud starting with an Ascension. I gave it to Tifa for the fight against those dogs that jump out of the cages (this encounter gave me hell even on normal) and the fight was over in seconds. There is a reason people recommend you get it before starting your hard playthrough.

The house boss was hard but once you get level capped and equip the max materia etc the battle system really shines. The intergrade episode is awesome because of the difficulty of the end game hard fights imho. They’re not so hard that you need to be a great player but you do need to understand the system and equip correctly. My only complaints with remake are the walking sim time wasting tactics and the shortage of bosses. They made it crawl along to lengthen the game when more boss content would have added replayability- especially in the battle sim etc.

The house boss was hard but once you get level capped and equip the max materia etc the battle system really shines.
I agree with this, but I'm playing base game/not intergrade version. Hard mode gives the game teeth and its honestly a lot more enjoyable for it. Strategy is more important whereas on normal punisher Cloud pretty much shredded everything.

Hell house on hard was pretty nasty, especially what they threw in at the end there.

I platinumed this when it first came out. There were some strats back then that you could use to cheese most of the arena bosses, there are probably even better ones now, just look up some youtube videos. Hard mode is pretty difficult at first if you're used to grinding since everything assumes you're at max level.

The house boss was hard but once you get level capped and equip the max materia etc the battle system really shines. The intergrade episode is awesome because of the difficulty of the end game hard fights imho. They’re not so hard that you need to be a great player but you do need to understand the system and equip correctly. My only complaints with remake are the walking sim time wasting tactics and the shortage of bosses. They made it crawl along to lengthen the game when more boss content would have added replayability- especially in the battle sim etc.
I completely forgot about those parts... fully agreed, those parts were annoying AF.

The flower picking part was def meant to be fan service. Back in the day, it was a sight to see Aerith's house for the first time after seeing the green/gray industrial sights of Shinra and the gloomy slums of Midgar.

I wish i could order off Amazon.jp and amazon.it again. Since the new update, my stupid phone won't auto translate pages anymore
For the Amazon.jp site, it has a built in language selector. Hit the three dashes and scroll to the bottom. Tap the third to last option with a globe icon next to it. That brings you to the language selector. The second option is English.

I just got a shipping email with tracking number from shopto.  I don't remember them being this slow.

I also got an email from the Bandai store about Scarlet Nexus and they are going to resend the order.  I hope I still get a steelbook from it.

[attachment=35803:Screenshot_20210720-063350_Yahoo Mail.jpg]

Wtf for real. Oh well at least my other ordered shipped. Makes me wonder if they over sold the skyward sword steelbook bundle or something.

Did anyone here use shop4megastore for their skyward sword steelbook and did you get any tracking update? I didn’t have an account, just used paypal but cannot find any info on the actual order.

[attachment=35807:20210720_163805.jpg]

Anyone was wondering what the amazob jp exclusive cloth with the joycons with the size looks like.

[attachment=35809:skyward sword bundle.jpg]

Got my joycons from Amazon.it and also got my Skyward Sword bundle from Game that my buddy who lives in the UK bought for me. It's a good day

For those who ordered Zelda + Steelbook from ShopTo, how much did they end up charging? I got the email at the beginning of the month saying it dropped from $112 to $84 but now when I look at my invoice it still charged $112 and my ShopTo account shows it is empty. Did anyone else have this happen?

For those who ordered Zelda + Steelbook from ShopTo, how much did they end up charging? I got the email at the beginning of the month saying it dropped from $112 to $84 but now when I look at my invoice it still charged $112 and my ShopTo account shows it is empty. Did anyone else have this happen?
Same. It did add like $12 to my balance for a while, but it went away. I should have the game tomorrow or Friday. Same for the amazon.it Joy Cons.

I got another respond from Bandai that my Scarlet Nexus is finally about to be shipped. It only took a month.

im really enjoying skyward sword; plays really well since they got rid of the mandatory motion controls.

I tried playing it on Wii 10 years ago (jeez has it really been that long???) and just could not get into having to swing the wiimote every which way every 5 seconds.

im really enjoying skyward sword; plays really well since they got rid of the mandatory motion controls.

I tried playing it on Wii 10 years ago (jeez has it really been that long???) and just could not get into having to swing the wiimote every which way every 5 seconds.
Interesting, every review I watched said the manual controls are really awkward and they went back to motion controls.

My wii mote never calibrated right when I tried playing it on Wii. It took me a half an hour to be able to perform a diagonal slash in the opening tutorial and I said there's just no way this is going to work having to complete a whole game with my controls this imprecise. So I shelved it and never went back to it.

Apparently some (most?) NIS boxed CEs and limited editions appear identical from the outside for multiple regions?  Bought one online from a US based reseller, examined pictures, title and description carefully.  It was identical to the US version from all angles, no region code anywhere, and no mention of not being US region, so of course I assumed that was what I was buying.  Guy has it up on multiple sites, same thing, he said he got a bunch of them from an overseas distributor, so he knows it’s not US region.  How do you not mention that, unless trying to scam people that will not open the sealed CE and never know?  

Seems to have connections with limited run and NIS distribution, that’s all of his listings.  Huckster shipped it with media mail as well, which he has enough experience to know is mail fraud.  Can be opened and inspected, confiscated and disposed of, or buyer may be forced to pay the additional postage that he skipped out on.  He has thousands of sales, based on current listings, mostly boxed CEs that would appear to be US region, but are probably a mystery region.  Funnily enough though, only time he does mention region, is when the item is US region, probably since he knows that is a selling point for most, or the region code is visible in pictures, then he adds “this will work on all regions systems”.  Even then online functions and dlc may not be compatible though.

Guy knows what he is doing, and doesn’t care.  Needless to say, he has been nasty to deal with.  I saw discussion about potential scams and fraud with sealed Limited Run CEs, that most would never even know what was actually inside.  This is one thing to watch out for with NIS CEs I guess.

Apparently some (most?) NIS boxed CEs and limited editions appear identical from the outside for multiple regions? Bought one online from a US based reseller, examined pictures, title and description carefully. It was identical to the US version from all angles, no region code anywhere, and no mention of not being US region, so of course I assumed that was what I was buying. Guy has it up on multiple sites, same thing, he said he got a bunch of them from an overseas distributor, so he knows it’s not US region. How do you not mention that, unless trying to scam people that will not open the sealed CE and never know? Seems to have connections with limited run and NIS distribution, that’s all of his listings, it doesn’t just seem to be personal sales. He shipped it with media mail as well, which he has enough experience to know is mail fraud. Can be opened and inspected, confiscated and disposed of, or buyer may be forced to pay the additional postage that he skipped out on. He has thousands of sales, based on current listings, mostly boxed CEs that are a mystery region. Funnily enough though, only time he does mention region, is when the item is US region, since he knows that is a selling point for most, or the region code is visible in pictures, then he adds “this will work on all regions systems”. Even then online functions and dlc may not be compatible though.

Guy knows what he is doing, and doesn’t care. Needless to say, he has been nasty to deal with. I saw discussion about potential scams and fraud with sealed Limited Run CEs, that most would never even know what was actually inside. This is one thing to watch out for with NIS CEs I guess.
That's super shady. If you bought off eBay with PayPal then you should have no problem getting your money back, just gotta jump through the hoops. Hope you get it sorted.

Well if the listing was marked as ntsc region, then yes it would be an easy claim.  My guess is the shady seller just gave no region description at all.  Intentionally misleading.

And yeah, my recent nisa LE's have come in a generic outer box.  Saves on manufacturing with multiple platform releases and possibly avoids potential censorship issues.

Very disappointing to hear. Should just be upfront about that IMO and then people who wouldn't want it avoid the item and those who don't mind will still buy it and it ends up being less hassle for all. Best of luck, hopefully PayPal can help you get this right.

people are scum bout this sorta thing
i stopped buying 3ds games on amazon cause all listings are packed with UAE games being sold as NTSC
i even ask them if theyre ntsc and they lie in the message saying oh it works on american consoles

My amazon it joy cons came in and were in good condition despite the box being scrunched on one side.  The flap was bent down a bit, but not bad.   Shopto zelda steelbook was in a bubble mailer but was perfect.

Guy knows what he is doing, and doesn’t care. Needless to say, he has been nasty to deal with. I saw discussion about potential scams and fraud with sealed Limited Run CEs, that most would never even know what was actually inside. This is one thing to watch out for with NIS CEs I guess.
It never really occured to me before but people could easily pull scams on LRG CEs by just gutting contents and placing it with similar weighted stuff inside and then re-seal it, given how cheap/low quality their seals on on CEs.

people are scum bout this sorta thing
i stopped buying 3ds games on amazon cause all listings are packed with UAE games being sold as NTSC
i even ask them if theyre ntsc and they lie in the message saying oh it works on american consoles
Holy shit, thought I was the only one. Pisses me off to no end when I want an NTSC version, go to the NTSC listing to order an NTSC version, and then get sent a "world edition" or whatever it is.

Yeah, his response has been “too bad, should have asked, no returns, you made a mistake, live and learn.”   It’s been fun hearing him whine about the few bucks he would be out on shipping though, because of “my” mistake.  What makes it even more ridiculous, is I did send him a message immediately with purchase.  I’ve only bought a few NIS CEs, but they have had a little blue or red “for home device / for hybrid device” sticker on the outside of the packaging.  I thought I could I see it laying in the background in one of his pictures.  Not that I really care about it, but went ahead and asked if he could include that if it was one of those stickers.  I added, “and this is US region, right?”  There was nothing other than the missing sticker to make me question anything about the listing, and that could be easily explained, but I still added that confirmation anyway.  Just to be safe.  Took him a few days to ship the item, he had plenty of time but never responded.  Claims that means I knew it wasn’t US region, and keeps saying I didn’t ask until after shipping, which is a lie…really bizarre.  I’m not too worried about getting my money back, but a little worried about my sanity and view of human kind.  Just kidding, know he’s just a bad apple, not gonna let him spoil the bunch.  Thanks all.

Holy shit, thought I was the only one. Pisses me off to no end when I want an NTSC version, go to the NTSC listing to order an NTSC version, and then get sent a "world edition" or whatever it is.
my man on amazon sold me bravely default new for $88 claimed it was ntsc
get a uae copy whivh is selling for $45

i know they expect all their buyers to be dumb but come on

ebay will side with you, leaving out important details is considered against the seller. They stress to be very descriptive.

I do enjoy sticking it to sellers who are dishonest and/or greedy and try to get one over on you and watch them meltdown because they were slightly inconvenienced by a few bucks. They're such dbags.

The same thing goes for the sellers who put items for like $50-$100 dollars more than the going rate because they claim theirs is in "pristine/mint condition" and when you get it, it has a bunch of dings on it. It's like I'm not one to be a stickler for condition like that, but when you charge way over the going rate because you claim your item is pristine, and it isn't, and then you get mad at me for wanting either a partial refund or to return when I paid above market value for your item, don't mislead just to pocket some extra money. Be honest. They know damn well what they're doing. They just hope you won't notice or will be too lazy to return.

I also got a new tracking number for Scarlex Nexus and hopefully steelbook.  It's going UPS now and is on the move.  Prolly be next week before I get it.  That's a long wait for a pre-order of a standard edition.

Yeah, his response has been “too bad, should have asked, no returns, you made a mistake, live and learn.” It’s been fun hearing him whine about the few bucks he would be out on shipping though, because of “my” mistake. What makes it even more ridiculous, is I did send him a message immediately with purchase. I’ve only bought a few NIS CEs, but they have had a little blue or red “for home device / for hybrid device” sticker on the outside of the packaging. I thought I could I see it laying in the background in one of his pictures. Not that I really care about it, but went ahead and asked if he could include that if it was one of those stickers. I added, “and this is US region, right?” There was nothing other than the missing sticker to make me question anything about the listing, and that could be easily explained, but I still added that confirmation anyway. Just to be safe. Took him a few days to ship the item, he had plenty of time but never responded. Claims that means I knew it wasn’t US region, and keeps saying I didn’t ask until after shipping, which is a lie…really bizarre. I’m not too worried about getting my money back, but a little worried about my sanity and view of human kind. Just kidding, know he’s just a bad apple, not gonna let him spoil the bunch. Thanks all.
File a SNAD claim. Enough of these will either get the seller blacklisted or forced to pay 5-10% more in FVFs. Or just buy from me instead, I only sell US region stuff lol.

The US region ones will all have the red sticker that says "for hybrid device" or blue sticker that says "for home device".

It never really occured to me before but people could easily pull scams on LRG CEs by just gutting contents and placing it with similar weighted stuff inside and then re-seal it, given how cheap/low quality their seals on on CEs.

Sent it back. Amazon charges sellers for processing returns.

bread's done
Back