2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine didn't ship because I didn't buy it.
Yeah, with square store’s ridiculous shipping cost, that nier CE was way overpriced. I get buying low and selling high, but buying high and selling higher is where professional scalpers and limited run FOMO mindset have us now. Great. No offense to anyone that got it, I’d get it myself if I had unlimited monies, but like $200 after tax and shipping!?

F$#%!   Mine did say Friday delivery,  now it says "Delay" and arrival is Monday. With other's orders not showing anything, WTF is going on with these Nier games?!?!?!

Yeah, with square store’s ridiculous shipping cost, that nier CE was way overpriced. I get buying low and selling high, but buying high and selling higher is where professional scalpers and limited run FOMO mindset have us now. Great. No offense to anyone that got it, I’d get it myself if I had unlimited monies, but like $200 after tax and shipping!?
I only got it now because I know i'll want it later and i'm not paying no scalping fee.

While I don't think it will be as expensive as Nier Automata black box, I would feel really dumb not getting it if it does get more expensive.  And since the game is not package together, I can open the game and not feel bad.

F$#%! Mine did say Friday delivery, now it says "Delay" and arrival is Monday. With other's orders not showing anything, WTF is going on with these Nier games?!?!?!
I got a delay email from UPS but mine is arriving Friday now... which is odd because it never had a delivery date before and was just picked up today.

I didn't buy the FF7 Remake one with the figure because that was way too much for me, as much as I love FF7 I couldn't justify that price. Now NieR on the other hand, I bought the Black Box version when Automata was coming out because I had a feeling that game was going to be amazing and I got the recent CE too because I love the series. I feel the Replicant one was overpriced though ngl.

Ok, yeah, I like the series too.  I don’t sell my favorite series though, so regardless of if it goes up in price, it’s a matter of “is this worth $200 to me?  No, I’ll pass.”  If I wouldn’t sell it anyway and I definitely don’t want it at $200, thats all that matters.  No FOMO after that *fingers crossed

Great Ace Attorney collection announced by Capcom for PS4 and Switch. $40 for physical standard edition, $60 for digital "Turnabout Collection" (comes with first 3 Ace Attorney games).

Japan is confirmed getting a physical version of the Turnabout Collection[attachment=35528:IMG_20210421_122930.jpg]

I got Nier Automata Black Box because I am a Platinum Games fanboy and the game looked really cool to me. I also love lots of Square Enix properties and knew that some things, like their Final Fantasy CEs, tend to sell out/become expensive. I didn't really know anything about Drakengard/Nier/Yoko Taro and went in only expecting Platinum level hack and slash action. What I got was an unforgettable gaming experience and I ended up being super glad I went for the CE because it's so meaningful to me now.

This new game is a remake of a PS3 game, has nothing to do with Platinum and just generally lacks the same appeal to me that Automata had. If the game ends up being good I'll get it, but I can't say I care enough to buy an overpriced CE, regardless of what happens to value/scarcity of it post-launch.

This new game is a remake of a PS3 game, has nothing to do with Platinum and just generally lacks the same appeal to me that Automata had. If the game ends up being good I'll get it, but I can't say I care enough to buy an overpriced CE, regardless of what happens to value/scarcity of it post-launch.
Well, it's not just an upscale. They redid the combat under Platinum supervision.

Not really collector edition related but i have the collector edtion of FFVIIR ps4, is there any real reason to spend $70 for the ps5 version, beside the gamestop steelbook

Not really collector edition related but i have the collector edtion of FFVIIR ps4, is there any real reason to spend $70 for the ps5 version, beside the gamestop steelbook
It'd be a free upgrade to the ps5 version I'm pretty sure, so it's $70 for a steelbook but I'm sure you can return the game.

The $70 PS5 version includes the Yuffie DLC. Otherwise you will have to pay $20 for it

Honestly, I’m gonna say no, not worth it. This isn’t even Part 2, it’s just something you can already get free + a small dlc. Knowing Square-Enix and the fact this will most likely end up being 2-3 more games before they finish the story, I would just enjoy the free upgrade and buy the dlc separately. There is no doubt in my mind that each major release in this series will get a collectors edition and then, at the very end, we’ll see some sort of huge collectors edition with all 3 or 4 games and a Cloud statue or something. So it doesn’t really seem worth buying this edition ... unless you absolutely need every FF7 related release for your collection.

Ugh already own the special edition of the ace attorney collection from Japan. Wished they would of included other things in it. But I can always sell the game. Is that preorder live on Amazon jp?

I got Nier Automata Black Box because I am a Platinum Games fanboy and the game looked really cool to me. I also love lots of Square Enix properties and knew that some things, like their Final Fantasy CEs, tend to sell out/become expensive. I didn't really know anything about Drakengard/Nier/Yoko Taro and went in only expecting Platinum level hack and slash action. What I got was an unforgettable gaming experience and I ended up being super glad I went for the CE because it's so meaningful to me now.

Everything but combat, I actually like the first Nier better. The game is an acquired taste, it was hammered and derided when it came out. Less polished, flashy and popular than automata, but if you like automata for anything other than the platinum influence and combat, I think you would definitely like the first Nier too, if you can look past it’s rough spots (which are probably being cleaned up for the remake? Fishing game, I’m looking at you...) It’s the foundation of automata, and not Drakengard levels of wacky. Even so, I’m still skipping the CE, it’s too much for too little.

Tales of Arise Collector's Edition (Namco store exclusive)

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/635139/tales-of-arise-collector-s-edition-playstation-5

I owned every Tales Collector's edition and I am thinking of skipping this and keeping my GCU copy
Looks like a standard version of the game? There is a deluxe and ultimate version with dlc on the xbox store.

Edit: the same CE on the EU page shows all the DLC. I hope they include all of that.

I just got the CE and added Scarlet Nexus for the steelbook pre-order. Together it was $288 with taxes and $12 shipping.

I went with xbox.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/1385248050042621956?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1385248050042621956%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

The EU Hoot version looks much better but I can't even open the link

Just checked out fine for the PS5 Collectors Edition, wasn't even planning on paying this much for a CE, hope the game is good!

Seeing the Phoenix Wright JP CE pop up on diff storefronts. Play-Asia already seems to be sold out of Switch, Amiami had stock left a few minutes ago.

The Square Enix store is also offering the steelbook for FFVII Intergrade as a bonus. The obvious difference compared to Gamestop is shipping cost. $10.99 for SE Store.

But Gamestop's isn't included in the order, it's just a throw-in, so it's an extra option for those who really want it and are worried about getting screwed by Gamestop incompetence.

Does anyone else still have a Nier that says ready for pickup but with no estimated delivery date or progress yet?
I thought I was left behind but it got updated Tuesday evening, already arrived at neighbor city, no update since 2AM so Friday delivery still up on the air.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Speaking of shipping updates, why did UPS screw their tracking system up so horribly?

You can no longer get no detailed information on the tracking through the website. You have to use the app. Unless I'm missing something. The website doesn't even tell me where the item currently is anymore. Just the destination and current status and that's it.

Just awful.

Speaking of shipping updates, why did UPS screw their tracking system up so horribly?

You can no longer get no detailed information on the tracking through the website. You have to use the app. Unless I'm missing something. The website doesn't even tell me where the item currently is anymore. Just the destination and current status and that's it.

Just awful.
Yeah, I noticed this too when trying to track my order. I hope this isn't a permanent change, it's pretty bad just getting barebones information =/

bread's done
Back