2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't bring myself to buy the game again just for the DLC and steelbook

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
My understanding is that the upgrade to the PS5 version is free if you own it on PS4? The DLC you have to buy either way.

Not making the DLC available for the PS4 version of the game was straight SE BS.

Those who ordered ff vii online from GameStop, did the steelbook showed up in cart or order details.
I see the banner on website, but don’t see the steelbook getting added. Wondering if it is because the preorder window is gone

Those who ordered ff vii online from GameStop, did the steelbook showed up in cart or order details.
I see the banner on website, but don’t see the steelbook getting added. Wondering if it is because the preorder window is gone
bc2078eb6e2e619ce4a6e58b4829f530.jpg

Mines updated a few days before it shipped bt arrived today in pristine condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate the response. I guess anyone ordering online now is out of luck
The main page says they are still giving a SB with purchase, it won’t show in cart until a bit before it ships so you should be good…..all extras I’ve received from GameStop do the same thing, they will never show in your cart before checkout

The PS+ version of FF7R was supposed to be not-qualified for the free upgrade to the PS5 version, but that just means it probably performs a bit less optimized right? It would still be compatible with the Yuffie DLC if run on a PS5 right?

The PS+ version of FF7R was supposed to be not-qualified for the free upgrade to the PS5 version, but that just means it probably performs a bit less optimized right? It would still be compatible with the Yuffie DLC if run on a PS5 right?
It will play the PS4 version on the PS5, correct. You won't be able to get the free upgrade to the PS5 version of the game like people whom put the PS4 disc into the PS5 disc drive. You also won't be able to buy or play the Yuffie DLC unless you buy the game brand new. Basically the free PS+ version is not upgradable.

The PS4 disc version on PS5 isn't compatible with the Yuffie DLC until after you download the PS5 version, so no, I'm going to guess it's not usable with the PS+ version on any system.

I assume you don't have a PS5. It installs a separate PS5 version of the game. Not just for FF7, but for other games like Borderlands 3 as well. The PS4 version can't use any of the PS5 content, and the DLC says unavailable until you have the PS4+PS5 versions installed. It wouldn't give me the option to install the PS5 version until I installed the PS4 version, which took clearing out 200 GB on my PS5 to accomplish. At that point, it let me buy the Yuffie DLC. You can then delete the PS4 version, and keep the slightly smaller PS5 version.

I went back to GS because when looking for the steelbook the guy had a used copy of the previous deluxe edition inside the drawer.  Couldn't pass that up for $49.99.  Everything was included and in very good condition. 

FF7-remake-deluxe-edition-1.jpg

FF7-remake-deluxe-edition-2.jpg

FF7-remake-deluxe-edition-3.jpg

I went back to GS because when looking for the steelbook the guy had a used copy of the previous deluxe edition inside the drawer. Couldn't pass that up for $49.99. Everything was included and in very good condition.

Scoring that original steel book certainly seems like it’s a good deal.

I've been going through my Best Buy and Amazon orders to figure out which to keep and which to cancel, and I started noticing something on Best Buy that may be related to the delays I've been getting. When you go to item pages for some items, some day "Get it by [insert release date]" and some say "Ships by [insert release date]"

Maybe it varies by your personal location, but for example when I check Dying Light 2 Deluxe edition it says "get it on release day" and Far Cry 6 Gold it says "ships by release day."

Maybe Turok would know, but did they stop offering release day delivery for all pre-orders for Elite or Elite Plus members?

Maybe that's why a lot of my pre-orders haven't been shipping until on or after release day.

Anyway, if anyone here likes to get their games on time and has a bunch of stuff pre-ordered at Best Buy, something to check out. Without GCU, there isn't much incentive to pick Best Buy over other retailers unless it's a steelbook release or you get points.

I went back to GS because when looking for the steelbook the guy had a used copy of the previous deluxe edition inside the drawer. Couldn't pass that up for $49.99. Everything was included and in very good condition.

I have Deluxe Edition and I totally forgot I had steelbook in the box. lol

The main page says they are still giving a SB with purchase, it won’t show in cart until a bit before it ships so you should be good…..all extras I’ve received from GameStop do the same thing, they will never show in your cart before checkout

I hope this is the case... my order currently does not show the SB.

My order just shipped- no SB.:whistle2:/

Wow didn't expect for Intergrade steelbook to be in such demand: lowest price is around $65 and there are active bids in the low $80.

Could definitely see it tops Mass Effect Legendary steelbook ($80 for standalone steelbook, $160 for the Cache metalpak)

Wow didn't expect for Intergrade steelbook to be in such demand: lowest price is around $65 and there are active bids in the low $80.

Could definitely see it tops Mass Effect Legendary steelbook ($80 for standalone steelbook, $160 for the Cache metalpak)

If I knew ME was in demand. I wouldn't have returned my extra beat up one and got the last one at the store too. Doh!

The few I looked at on eBay are all scratched up. This reminds me of past SB experiences with GS, they just don't care how they handle them. I think I'm just gonna pass on this. Sucks, it looks nice but my fault for not preordering.

Really? It took more than a week for me to sell my steelbook (to offset the cost of the game) at roughly $60. Is demand going up?

Really? It took more than a week for me to sell my steelbook (to offset the cost of the game) at roughly $60. Is demand going up?
I'd wager yes because 1) as some said before, the SB is not protected in any way so there are prob tons of damaged copies around and 2) it seems like the DLC is being well received so a lot of people prob want the SB because of that.

Edit* disregard above post, I missed that this is about ME and not FFVIIR.

Same here. Order shipped & no steelbook added. They still have the banner up on website that mentions “Purchase” & not preorder. Very deceptive
As someone that understands the software and content operations side of how e-commerce companies put together their retail pages, it’s more laziness/lack of technology resourcing than deception. That’s why they had messaging warning that it was for pre-orders and “while supplies last.” You rolled the dice on something you thought you would get for free but was selling for $60 on eBay based on one word a Photoshop designer put in a banner that wasn’t even consistent with messaging elsewhere. Granted, what Gamestop should’ve done is pull the banner but they probably didn’t have another Homepage marketing banner for FFVII Remake without the steelbook ad (and they still wanted to market the release lol) so they just left it.

On an unrelated note, it seems odd to me that people would care about a steelbook for the game + dlc when the original deluxe edition steelbook was so widely available. This edition is just a jaded moneygrab (intergrade edition are you serious) but I suppose people will OCD over any popular franchise’s steelbook.

I'd wager yes because 1) as some said before, the SB is not protected in any way so there are prob tons of damaged copies around and 2) it seems like the DLC is being well received so a lot of people prob want the SB because of that.
I was referring to Mass Effect's steelbook from Best Buy, not FF7R Intergrade's steelbook.

I hope that amazon and best buy are also getting the edition with the stickers and stuff because the store alrady sold out..zzz..and it doesn't mention on either retailer website if we also get the goods..

Not sure if Gamestop getting a different cover art for Battlefield 2042 steelbook, but they are advertising that preorder bonus will be Gamestop Exclusive [emoji848]

Not sure if Gamestop getting a different cover art for Battlefield 2042 steelbook, but they are advertising that preorder bonus will be Gamestop Exclusive [emoji848]

e02fffc833eec55fc95f3b5ce9295375.jpg

Yes 2 different cover arts, each exclusive to the different retailers

I hope that amazon and best buy are also getting the edition with the stickers and stuff because the store alrady sold out..zzz..and it doesn't mention on either retailer website if we also get the goods..
According to the discord, all the retail versions are the same. And I don't think they actually sold out on their store page. They had issues that haven't resolved yet.

As someone that understands the software and content operations side of how e-commerce companies put together their retail pages, it’s more laziness/lack of technology resourcing than deception. That’s why they had messaging warning that it was for pre-orders and “while supplies last.” You rolled the dice on something you thought you would get for free but was selling for $60 on eBay based on one word a Photoshop designer put in a banner that wasn’t even consistent with messaging elsewhere. Granted, what Gamestop should’ve done is pull the banner but they probably didn’t have another Homepage marketing banner for FFVII Remake without the steelbook ad (and they still wanted to market the release lol) so they just left it.

On an unrelated note, it seems odd to me that people would care about a steelbook for the game + dlc when the original deluxe edition steelbook was so widely available. This edition is just a jaded moneygrab (intergrade edition are you serious) but I suppose people will OCD over any popular franchise’s steelbook.
I understand what you are saying, but from a consumer’s perspective- it comes across as shady & misleading. Fortunately I was able to find a store that still had steelbook in stock. My interest in the steelbook is because it features the new character & looks very nice together with the deluxe edition steelbook. Overall artwork is still pretty good even as a standalone steelbook. I was planning to preorder but simply forgot

I did my BF 2042 for Xbox pre-order at BB with some gift cards. Unsure if I want to snag a PS5 version at gamestop for the other steelbook. 

I'm kinda glad Ubisoft's games announced today didn't have steelbooks.

Anyone have link to buy Xbox mini fridge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnIiRygj-nY

All S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 retail copies come with a steelbook, different art for each edition.

Not sure if full exclusive or timed exclusive.

Edit: image resolution sucks so reuploading right now

56c47d80316db2b521a544c873423c3f.jpg

0ff07b99209e9598383b02c086acb202.jpg

All S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 retail copies come with a steelbook, different art for each edition.

Not sure if full exclusive or timed exclusive.

Edit: image resolution sucks so reuploading right now

I think it’s timed, could’ve sworn during the stream right at the beginning of the trailer it said “coming to Xbox first” or something like that

bread's done
Back