2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlus: "Pre-orders for Shin Megami Tensei V open at 9am PST on June 21st!"

Atlus at 9am PST on June 21st: "So uh, we're just waiting on individual retailers to uh, post their links...sowwy..."

Looks like we'll be fighting the scalpers yet again.
LOL This is funny.. and sad. Mostly sad.

Even I'm not that desperate.
huh?

edit: Didn't see the last post. If you meant because it's a hassle fighting to get a refund, I had several refunds back in April after they didn't fulfill some of the $3.99 games I ordered. Hopefully this won't be an issue as well but I literally just got a cancellation email.

Gamestop OOS.

God, that price...I was hoping it would be $100. I waffled a bit and missed it, but I'm really on the fence about paying that much more than standard.

Got lucky and got my SMT V Premium at Gamestop. Would have preferred BBY for the points, but after the Metroid Dread fiasco I can't take any chances.

Also, went ahead and just got the Danganronpa regular edition. With all my P/Os recently I had to make a cut.

All I can say is thank GOODNESS Advance Wars doesn't have a CE.

Are you guys keeping your Japan version and getting both? or are you cancelling?
I'm debating which one I'd rather have. I like the shirt in the JP version over the backpack and the outer box artwork more. However it looks like the JP version doesn't include the steelbook. Though with how quickly GameStop sold out I might just be stuck with the JP version regardless.

Got lucky and got my SMT V Premium at Gamestop. Would have preferred BBY for the points, but after the Metroid Dread fiasco I can't take any chances.

Also, went ahead and just got the Danganronpa regular edition. With all my P/Os recently I had to make a cut.

All I can say is thank GOODNESS Advance Wars doesn't have a CE.
Out of the two, I would definitely prioritize getting the SMT V CE. That one is going to be valuable later too. The Danganronpa CE basically has nothing.

So stupid how you can camp this stuff all day and still miss out, because you weren't on it within two minutes.
I'm just shocked they didn't bother with a limit of any kind from what I saw... not sure they'd just prevent you from completing check out but I'm pretty sure if they have a limit, they would prevent you from updating the quantity.

Normally I'd say 2 minutes is more than enough time but jesus do all these websites just take forever to load when something goes up now.
Yeah but you have to be on during those specific two minutes... like what are people supposed to do? Stay on their computer and refresh every minute?

fuckkkkk I barely missed preordering SMT V in store. It was available 10 mins ago when I called, and just got to the store and all gone. GameStop is the only one who dropped so far right? And it’s not exclusive or anything?

fuckkkkk I barely missed preordering SMT V in store. It was available 10 mins ago when I called, and just got to the store and all gone. GameStop is the only one who dropped so far right? And it’s not exclusive or anything?
Gamestop and VGP are the only ones. I'd keep my fingers crossed for Target if anyone still wants one, they were the only one who put an actual limit of 1 on the Dread CE/amiibo so I'd think they'd be the easiest one to get. Then again, I also don't think Amazon ever put up Dread, did they?

Went to GameStop cuz they wouldn’t answer phone for past hour one one guy working he said he was answering it ya right. He said can’t do in store preorder yet so said to keep calling about collectors edition

Went to GameStop cuz they wouldn’t answer phone for past hour one one guy working he said he was answering it ya right. He said can’t do in store preorder yet so said to keep calling about collectors edition
They definitely do the web in store orders, they just sold out.

I'm debating which one I'd rather have. I like the shirt in the JP version over the backpack and the outer box artwork more. However it looks like the JP version doesn't include the steelbook. Though with how quickly GameStop sold out I might just be stuck with the JP version regardless.
The JP version has a steelbook. It's a different design.

So you get the steelbook for free with the "launch edition" so it's $60 more for a fanny pack, 2 disc soundtrack and an art book? Anyone else feel like Atlus is scraping people across the coals on this one?

So you get the steelbook for free with the "launch edition" so it's $60 more for a fanny pack, 2 disc soundtrack and an art book? Anyone else feel like Atlus is scraping people across the coals on this one?
I do, considering the original Persona 5 special edition was only $90 and that included a bag, Mona plush, small artbook, soundtrack sampler, and steelbook. Yes, the artbook in the SMTV special edition is bigger, and the soundtrack is 2 disks, but I think $100 would have been totally fair for what you get. The steelbook comes with the standard edition, so you're paying double the price for only a book, bag, and soundtrack. It's a lot.

If someone grabs a spare SMTV CE (US version) and wants to trade for a Metroid Collector's edition + the cost difference let me know, looks like this one will be just as hard to get.

For those ordering from VGP & using PayPal, keep in mind that based on PayPal’s exchange rate, you may lose money if you cancel

It is because VGP charges right away

I had stuff around $250(Canadian $)preordered that I cancelled. Lost $14 in the process due to PayPal’s exchange rates :(

For those ordering from VGP & using PayPal, keep in mind that based on PayPal’s exchange rate, you may lose money if you cancel

I had stuff around $250(Canadian $)preordered that I cancelled. Lost $14 in the process due to PayPal’s exchange rates :(
Use a credit card that doesn't have any forex. Paypal always tries to trick you when you're buying stuff in another currency by having them convert it at their rip off rates. You can still lose out on the exchange due to currency fluctuations, but the loss would be minimal (also possible to gain if the exchange rate is higher in the future).

Use a credit card that doesn't have any forex. Paypal always tries to trick you when you're buying stuff in another currency by having them convert it at their rip off rates. You can still lose out on the exchange due to currency fluctuations, but the loss would be minimal (also possible to gain if the exchange rate is higher in the future).
That is an option only if you are comfortable giving your credit card info here

Wow, did not even think of that. I was thinking how it sucks that VGP now seems to charge right away... I was gonna cancel a pre-order for Dangan since I got it on Amazon but I'll have to watch out for that.

You can put the credit card on paypal and choose the option to have the credit card convert the currency instead of paypal (which isn't the default so you have to select it).
Is this done within PayPal account, or do you do this during the time of check out? I was not aware of this option.

Wow, did not even think of that. I was thinking how it sucks that VGP now seems to charge right away... I was gonna cancel a pre-order for Dangan since I got it on Amazon but I'll have to watch out for that.

Is this done within PayPal account, or do you do this during the time of check out? I was not aware of this option.
You add the card normally and then at checkout you should see $XXX CAD or whatever the currency is. This is what you want to see as this is what it will charge the card. If you see $XXX USD it means paypal converted the currency at their ripoff rate, so you need to select the other option. Similarly for Amazon JP or UK, the default option is for Amazon to convert it to USD, but again they have a ripoff rate so you'll want to select the option to have your no forex card convert it.

I hate that I've spent a large portion of my day refreshing this thread and Amazon, best buy, target, and Walmart websites. I wish more game companies would move to an open pre-order format for CE releases. It seems like it would be mutually beneficial. The only downside I can think of is that they would have to announce CEs further in advance potentially before revealing significant gameplay but I don't believe that would impact sales that much.

Kinda weird Amazon still hasn't gone live with the Metroid Dread SE or Amiibo yet. Amazon has been weird lately.
Jeff Bezos already bought them all and he's taking them into space to start his own Metroid colony. He'll use all the copies of the game to train his army of Metroids against future Samus. He'll use all the special edition extras as rewards for high performing Metroid. He'll use the amiibo to show his army how to move, like those scale model cities they use in movies to show troop/enemy movement. Bezos is actually Mother Bezos which eventually turns into Mother Brain bc the Metroid think Bezos is a stupid name.

This is how it starts.

Jeff Bezos already bought them all and he's taking them into space to start his own Metroid colony. He'll use all the copies of the game to train his army of Metroids against future Samus. He'll use all the special edition extras as rewards for high performing Metroid. He'll use the amiibo to show his army how to move, like those scale model cities they use in movies to show troop/enemy movement. Bezos is actually Mother Bezos which eventually turns into Mother Brain bc the Metroid think Bezos is a stupid name.

This is how it starts.
I'll have some of whatever you're having - it'll help take the edge off and get me through the work week.

This is how it starts.
Nice, but I think this is more how it ends rather than the start! Amazon and Nintendo US HQs both located in Washington state, coincidence?

bread's done
Back