2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to snag one at Best Buy but as long as I have one from Amazon I'm happy. Either way it's pretty obvious that getting CE's from here on out is gonna be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more difficult after this pandemic and the rise of scalping/gaming. This hobby is about to be a pain in the ass lol

This is why I have given up on collectors editions. Stuff sells out in 3 sec and never comes back.
Well, anything Nintendo or indie anime games which is where my mind puts SMTV as I've never heard of it before this thread went crazy over a plain bag and ugly steelbook.

So I looked back on Amazon jp. The listing for the skyward sword joycons by itself is back up for preorders. I'm starting to think.these aren't gonna be rare and easy to.find.

So I looked back on Amazon jp. The listing for the skyward sword joycons by itself is back up for preorders. I'm starting to think.these aren't gonna be rare and easy to.find.
You can also preorder them on Amazon IT, they've been up there for months now and they ship to the US: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08WY6CTRX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NOA is just playing supply and demand games/false scarcity marketing games, IMO, with everything. I've had a easier time preordering CEs and the joy-cons at EU and JP retailers than I have with US retailers. I can't imagine that Japan and Europe don't have the same bots/scalper issues and yet it hasn't been anywhere near as diff to preorder stuff from them.

They were up on amazon.it for a long time too. I think US versions of stuff gets sold and scalped a lot more than other countries. US amiibo are always gone and can cost like $50+ at times, but are retail price if you get the Japanese versions. People weird like that.

SMT popped up on Bestbuy saved later.

99.9% sure item status in saved later on Bestbuy app updated faster. Actual listing did not get updated until sold out just now

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

SMT popped up on Bestbuy saved later.

99.9% sure item status in saved later on Bestbuy app updated faster. Actual listing did not get updated until sold out just now

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I think it actually came back in stock for a second. I got to the checkout screen then it said sorry out of stock. Then updated back to coming soon.

SMT is like the adult version of pokemon.

Highly niche and highly collectable.
And hella difficult.

Beating Nocturne is one of my biggest gaming accomplishments... which granted, might not be much for many people who can sleepwalk through the Souls/Borne games.

boo i wish smtv ce was in store for preorder at gamestop but online only so rip to me getting it oh well 

i called and lady said online only 

Was able to do an in store ship to home preorder for SMT5 CE at my local GameStop. Might want to call if you're looking.
boo i wish smtv ce was in store for preorder at gamestop but online only so rip to me getting it oh well

i called and lady said online only
Odd... for Dread, my store said it was online only too but other people are saying they were able to order stuff in store. Seems like it's the same for SMT V CE.

When GS put them up the first time the other day, they let you buy 10 lol. These retailers are a big part of the problem.

Was able to do an in store ship to home preorder for SMT5 CE at my local GameStop. Might want to call if you're looking.
Thanks a bunch for the heads up! Ran down to my local GS and was able to do the same type of order. I know GS has slow shipping, but I'd much rather get it thru them than Amazon :)

Mine still hasn't shipped and I had it pre-ordered for months. They're going to ship it tomorrow and I'll likely get it next week. Downside to pre-ordering from the publisher websites, their shipping is a joke.
The $10 shipping is still 5-10 buisness days unfortunately, I’m still waiting for mines to ship as well, least they could of did was ship early with the slow shipping they charge for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say Im also shocked the SMT CE is selling out like this. It isn't Persona, so Im surprised so many people are even interested in it. Im not sure if they think its basically Persona or just blindly going on the SMT name. I dont remember any of the previous main SMT games being this desirable. 

Just got an order for SMT CE through Walmart, they seem to be trickling them out a few at a time.  It still amazes me that a game like SMT is being sold out in minutes, I've been buying and collecting games for most of my adult like and this is the 1st time I've seen a game like SMT sell like this.

Just got an order for SMT CE through Walmart, they seem to be trickling them out a few at a time. It still amazes me that a game like SMT is being sold out in minutes, I've been buying and collecting games for most of my adult like and this is the 1st time I've seen a game like SMT sell like this.
1. Nintendo or JRPG

2. Collector's Edition

3. ???

4. Profit!

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1407843411655340033?s=19

ca722d5fb740505714b0207e5eba9268.jpg

Melty Blood: Type Lumina - Melty Blood Archives (PS4 version only) is up on Amazon JP.  This version is JP exclusive and comes with a material/art book and a 3-disc OST in a large collector's box with exclusive art by Takeuchi.  We in the West are not getting this version.

I am unsure as to why there are two PS4 versions listed.

According to Play-Asia the JP versions WILL support English.

[attachment=35730:Untitled.png]

Melty Blood: Type Lumina - Melty Blood Archives (PS4 version only) is up on Amazon JP. This version is JP exclusive and comes with a material/art book and a 3-disc OST in a large collector's box with exclusive art by Takeuchi. We in the West are not getting this version.

I am unsure as to why there are two PS4 versions listed.
According to Play-Asia the JP versions WILL support English.

Untitled.png
One is no Amazon exclusive the other is Amazon exclusive. Sometimes Amazon offers items for bonus for getting the Amazon exclusive

[attachment=35731:Screenshot_20210623-212330_Chrome.jpg]

[attachment=35732:Screenshot_20210623-212316_Chrome.jpg]

One is no Amazon exclusive the other is Amazon exclusive. Sometimes Amazon offers items for bonus for getting the Amazon exclusive
Thanks, upon translating the page it looks like the second listing does come with a clear-art file or some other type of exclusive. I know that there are a ton of JP stores that are getting exclusive P/O bonuses.

I'm just curious why it's taking so long for the Switch version to go live. I grabbed the PS4 version in the meantime.

It's been nearly an hour since SMTV special edition popped up on Gamestop, and I just got an order in. That's freaking unreal.

I wasn't going to get this due to that price, but I figured I'd just get the order in and decide later. That 100 page demon book is sick.

EDIT: just checked the listing again out of curiosity, and it's now gone. Still, quite a lot of time to get one.

Atlus CEs are never hard to pre-order. I believe they make CEs based on their pre-order numbers so people shouldn't have problems getting one if they really want one.

I got my Scarlet Nexus today from NB store but it didn't come with a steelbook.... wtf.

Can't even login into the damn site it's just going through an endless refresh loop right now. What a mess.

Fuzzmeister, I know you pre-ordered. Report back when you get yours, let me know if you got your steelbook. I'm wondering if maybe they are shipping separately.

Atlus CEs are never hard to pre-order. I believe they make CEs based on their pre-order numbers so people shouldn't have problems getting one if they really want one.
May be true in the past, but doesn't seem true in this instance (I may be wrong though).

Atlus recently tweeted that they are going to be making more CE's to put up for pre-order "soon" (I take that to mean they are negotiating with Factories to produce more of the bags/art books/box).

So that means they originally had a set amount produced or contracted to be produced, but with how quickly that amount sold out, Atlus has decided to produce more.

bread's done
Back