2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof!! Already on sale
23d95b378931270d398da857cc3d1518.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I don't know their price match policy but I'm sending them some message because yeah......
I couldn't get their chat feature to work but did send them a message. Given I haven't even received it yet, a price match seems reaosnable. Will see what they say. The lack of trackable number from there end is quite annoying.

Just posting the exciting conclusion to my eBay return adventure with the mystery region CE that appeared to be US region from all pics and description.  Uneventful, got my money back, and surprisingly the negative feedback I gave is sticking so far as well.  Waste of time overall, but if my feedback makes one person double check a previous purchase or prevents similar in the future, worth the hassle.

Just posting the exciting conclusion to my eBay return adventure with the mystery region CE that appeared to be US region from all pics and description. Uneventful, got my money back, and surprisingly the negative feedback I gave is sticking so far as well. Waste of time overall, but if my feedback makes one person double check a previous purchase or prevents similar in the future, worth the hassle.
Hopefully the neg sticks... eBay seems to love removing negative feedback for big time sellers.

Hopefully the neg sticks... eBay seems to love removing negative feedback for big time sellers. 
Ironically I've found that Power Sellers give the worst service because eBay often just removes their negatives. Most of the time when I have an issue with a small seller they are very nice and resolve the problem. Power Sellers act like dickheads because I guess they know there's no repercussions for their behavior which is why they stay at 99% despite being terrible sellers. It's all about volume and fees for eBay, everything else is secondary. I've left Power Sellers negatives before and most of the time it just disappears a few weeks later.

Just got my Zelda skyward sword bundle with steelbook from Shop4world today, out of the blue.  Same as others, there was no tracking and no communication from them at all except for the one email I got confirming the order when I first placed it back in May.

So happy to get this today as I will be out of town all next week and I was starting to worry.  For others waiting, keep the hope alive!

New batch of Ori CEs for pre-order.
Pretty sure they're releasing a Dual-Pack collection of the games for $50 in a few months that also comes with art cards. So by buying this you are quite literally spending $100 for some display thing and a box. Totally not worth it even if you have a FOMO collection habit.

Just got my Zelda skyward sword bundle with steelbook from Shop4world today, out of the blue. Same as others, there was no tracking and no communication from them at all except for the one email I got confirming the order when I first placed it back in May.

So happy to get this today as I will be out of town all next week and I was starting to worry. For others waiting, keep the hope alive!
I got an email saying it was "dispatched" (shipped). That was on 7/15. On the west coast here so I'm hoping it'll be here soon, even if I have no intentions on playing it anytime soon (currently playing The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles).

Blue Reflection Second Light LE $130

Easy pass for me
7809c446da569db0e4cfe6c02b61995a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I pre-ordered one for the moment because they haven't shown/announced a regular physical edition, but as soon as they do I am cancelling and grabbing that.

This one is def not worth the money. $130 for no statue, no OST, no Steelbook, and they couldn't even translate the 2 books they are including?? This would have been MUCH better being valued at $100 tops. Feels like they saw the current reselling price for the first game ($100) and thought they could price-gouge a bit.

[attachment=35851:Amazon_Naruhodou_legends_B_1080x2160 (1).jpg]

[attachment=35852:Amazon_Naruhodou_legends_B_1080x1920 (1).jpg]

[attachment=35853:Amazon_Naruhodou_legends_A_3840x2160.jpg]

[attachment=35854:Amazon_Naruhodou_legends_A_2688x1242 (1).jpg]

If anyone was wondering what the exclusive wallpaper from Amazon jp looks like

Got skyward sword and the steelbook is fine but the game looks like it got smashed in the middle as the entire case is dented inwards
Yup, that's how my last two games from them came too. First wasn't so bad (still indented) but the second one literally looked like it was bent in half and run over.

Just got my Zelda skyward sword bundle with steelbook from Shop4world today, out of the blue. Same as others, there was no tracking and no communication from them at all except for the one email I got confirming the order when I first placed it back in May.

So happy to get this today as I will be out of town all next week and I was starting to worry. For others waiting, keep the hope alive!
God I hope so. I was planning on opening and playing the EU copy and have just been waiting...

Yup, that's how my last two games from them came too. First wasn't so bad (still indented) but the second one literally looked like it was bent in half and run over.
Whats weird is that they must have shipped it this way as everything else was fine...

Whats weird is that they must have shipped it this way as everything else was fine...
Could be, but I've noticed that both packages themselves came badly beat up as well, so I could tell before I even opened them that the game/case was f'd up bad too. Not sure why they, at least in my case, ship games out in extremely thin frail cardboard mailers, especially internationally. Just makes no sense. That's what I try to avoid amazon at all costs too since their packaging for things is absolutely horrific.

Could be, but I've noticed that both packages themselves came badly beat up as well, so I could tell before I even opened them that the game/case was f'd up bad too. Not sure why they, at least in my case, ship games out in extremely thin frail cardboard mailers, especially internationally. Just makes no sense. That's what I try to avoid amazon at all costs too since their packaging for things is absolutely horrific.
the packaging on mine seemed fine as the poster wasn't messed up which makes me think they shipped it pre damaged

Has anyone who lives in California received their shop4world skyward sword order yet? Seeing everyone saying they're getting it in here is starting to concern me. I've received no communication from them since the original order confirmation.

Got skyward sword and the steelbook is fine but the game looks like it got smashed in the middle as the entire case is dented inwards
Who was this from - Shop4Mega/world?

Of course I'm out of town and it came in. Based in video chat it seems fine. Shop4Megastore never got back to me about price adjustment which kinda sucks since it's still in stock...

Only difference, and it’s a big one, is Amazon has probably the best CS of any retailer in the world. So you’ll get concessions. Btw, literally everything makes sense if you just look at things from a perspective that’s not just your own. The world is not that mysterious of a place.

Man, eBay sellers can be such scumbags.  This has nothing to do with game CEs.  But since I already mentioned a problem with one of those in this thread.  I just got a set of framed signed pictures to give as a gift.  Completely obvious water damage upon arrival.  Looking back at the listing pics, it was probably always there, but that warping, weird discoloration and texture it can cause just looks like a reflection in pics.  I asked if any damage and he said, nope, perfect.  He did mention they recently dealt with a monsoon, but these were unaffected.  Im sympathetic to his plight if all his stuff got damaged…that would be tough, but don’t hide that fact to pass it off onto others.  He can go ahead and open a shipping claim if he wants I guess, maybe his plan all along, but I don’t want any part it in.  I shouldn’t have to wait for that to be resolved if he wants to open a claim, right?  Just give me my money back, again…good grief.  At least this guy hasn’t resorted to the dense bully stance, yet…

Only difference, and it’s a big one, is Amazon has probably the best CS of any retailer in the world. So you’ll get concessions. Btw, literally everything makes sense if you just look at things from a perspective that’s not just your own. The world is not that mysterious of a place.
Amazon and best customer service? We must be living in different planes of the multiverse.

Amazon and best customer service? We must be living in different planes of the multiverse.
I remember their customer service was excellent years ago when everything was stateside. Back then they had 30 day Pettyfer guarantee also, so it's been a while. Pre-prime IIRC. They're essentially a very convenient mega chain not too different from Wal-Mart. Just we don't see a lot of the unpleasantness.

Amazon's customer service is such trash now. They are often times rude and unhelpful in my recent experience. I remember like 5 years ago them being absolutely amazing though. Target's customer service is now the best in my opinion and I've started shopping there more, but their shipping can be painfully slow.

Amazon's customer service is such trash now. They are often times rude and unhelpful in my recent experience. I remember like 5 years ago them being absolutely amazing though. Target's customer service is now the best in my opinion and I've started shopping there more, but their shipping can be painfully slow.
Agreed. Was trying to think of any that are actually better than others, and I guess it would be target. Only one I’ve never had a problem or difficulty with. I guess Amazon I haven’t had a problem either, but that’s because all I’ve done is just return damaged items, not much to discuss outside of that. My understanding is they won’t offer any service resolutions outside of that anymore.

Target customer service is trash. Word to my cancelled PS5 yesterday.
I'm just curious - how did you respond to them first? I notice that you're using some abusive language here (calling them "trash") so I'm afraid to hear how you spoke to them on the phone... I used to work in CS and would be nice to people who cursed me out and threatened me only for them to say that I was rude one and the problem even though I did everything to help them. I remember once they rated me a "1" on the survey and said I sucked because I wouldn't price match an item from an eBay seller and my manager was concerned until he listened to the recorded call and realized that I wasn't the problem.

That's frustrating. Anytime I've asked amazon to price adjust they have denied it and said to return and re buy it to get the lower price.
Being polite usually does the job. If you come off as too demanding or insult them then they're less likely to price match. I recently had an item drop in price from Amazon. I nicely asked them if they could price match and that was it. Easy.

Being polite usually does the job. If you come off as too demanding or insult them then they're less likely to price match. I recently had an item drop in price from Amazon. I nicely asked them if they could price match and that was it. Easy.
I don't insult them, just asked politely same as you

There is actually no such thing as an Amazon "price match" anymore. What they are doing is making the refund as a customer courtesy adjustment which impacts the customer service rep if they give them too frequently and you as the customer frankly as along with return activity, it's one of the things Amazon tracks to determine if you are a "problem customer".

bread's done
Back