2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Tales of Aries Finally showed up!

attachicon.gif
x5shzgqjj5o71.jpg
Did you have to sign for it?

As an aside, if it's not too inconvenient, could you measure the CE box in height? I have just enough space in my storage corner for a decent sized CE box and I wanna know if it'll fit. Since mine is coming next week, it'll be good to know now so I can start rearranging.

Uuugghhh I'm gonna get screwed out of this one. I can feel it. Emailed Bamco and got nothing back so far.

Out of curiosity, does the outer box state the console or is it all the same with different disc inside?
It’s an actually CE that has an out we box for the system is for. Which is surprising since SE and Bandai normally just do bundles. First time I’ve seen a real CE from them in awhile

It’s an actually CE that has an out we box for the system is for. Which is surprising since SE and Bandai normally just do bundles. First time I’ve seen a real CE from them in awhile
That is surprising! I also expected a bundle (kind of like Vesperia). Kinda wish I'd gotten a PS5 Order in (will see if the PS4 CE ever shows up). Still not sure if I'd prefer the white or blue stripe.

As an aside, if it's not too inconvenient, could you measure the CE box in height? I have just enough space in my storage corner for a decent sized CE box and I wanna know if it'll fit. Since mine is coming next week, it'll be good to know now so I can start rearranging.
Mine suppose to be signed and arrive Saturday but UPS decided to drop them by early (friday afternoon). No knocks, no signature, just sitting out in the open on my porch.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Roughly 11.5x16.5x9. Says Xbox on the outer box, no signature.

I totally forgot I ordered Tales of the Arise CE and it arrived two days ago. It has a scratch on the top of the box but the shipping box has no damage. It must have been scratched at the factory or during packing as it was packed well where it did not touch the outer box. But its ok, I am pleasantly surprised by this CE.

My Tales CE for some reason had "origin scan" before "shipping label created." It's usually the other way around. Anyone ever have that happen before?

And it hasn't updated at all since the first day I got notification.

Edit: strike that

I upgraded the shipping from Surepost to UPS Ground. That cost $3.99. I saw an option on there called "Change your Delivery" and it allowed me to change my delivery date. It was originally scheduled for Wednesday. I picked Monday and it charged me $14.99. I figure whatever, I'll pay a few extra bucks to get it before my vacation days. They sent me an email confirming Monday for the delivery date.

Then a day later I get an email changing the date back to Wednesday. I called UPS customer service and they told me "You aren't allowed to change your shipping date, all you can do is upgrade the service." I responded by saying "Umm... but I did change my delivery date. And I was charged $14.99 for it. What did I pay for if I'm not going to get it on the date that I paid for?" He couldn't answer.

Anyone have an idea wtf is going on? I'm going to do a charge back with my bank if UPS doesn't refund me. Ridiculous. I was charged for an option they tell me doesn't even exist. What the hell did I pay $14.99 for?

My Tales CE for some reason had "origin scan" before "shipping label created." It's usually the other way around. Anyone ever have that happen before?

And it hasn't updated at all since the first day I got notification.

Edit: strike that

I upgraded the shipping from Surepost to UPS Ground. That cost $3.99. I saw an option on there called "Change your Delivery" and it allowed me to change my delivery date. It was originally scheduled for Wednesday. I picked Monday and it charged me $14.99. I figure whatever, I'll pay a few extra bucks to get it before my vacation days. They sent me an email confirming Monday for the delivery date.

Then a day later I get an email changing the date back to Wednesday. I called UPS customer service and they told me "You aren't allowed to change your shipping date, all you can do is upgrade the service." I responded by saying "Umm... but I did change my delivery date. And I was charged $14.99 for it. What did I pay for if I'm not going to get it on the date that I paid for?" He couldn't answer.

Anyone have an idea wtf is going on? I'm going to do a charge back with my bank if UPS doesn't refund me. Ridiculous. I was charged for an option they tell me doesn't even exist. What the hell did I pay $14.99 for?
Unless they deemed it as potential loophole for paying less to get package sooner, rather than paying their upfront standard overnight/2-days fees.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Wondering if the Horizon Forbidden West CE will really be worth it. I’ve passed on the ridiculously expensive one, but have a discounted preorder locked in for the $200 CE. Still seems pricey given you can buy a handheld console for the same price. Anyone know if it’s a reputable company making the mammoth sculpt? I feel like this would have been $150 a few years ago.

Un-Fing-believable.

Not only didn't I get the package on the date I paid $15 for, but I upgraded to UPS Ground for $4 to get it straight from UPS and they transferred it to the post office today anyway. What a joke.

They didn't do a god damn thing that I paid extra money for them to do.

This is the first time I ever upgraded shipping and it will be the last. What's the point of even offering these services if they're just going to do whatever the hell they want with your packages anyway?

Un-Fing-believable.

Not only didn't I get the package on the date I paid $15 for, but I upgraded to UPS Ground for $4 to get it straight from UPS and they transferred it to the post office today anyway. What a joke.

They didn't do a god damn thing that I paid extra money for them to do.

This is the first time I ever upgraded shipping and it will be the last. What's the point of even offering these services if they're just going to do whatever the hell they want with your packages anyway?
You, sir, have been mushroom stamped by the capitalism enforced unspeakables of UPS. At this point a firmly worded letter or DM to their Twitter account may be your best bet at any redemption.

I had to use forward2me since Amazon uk isn't allowing overseas shipping. So I can show how much gbp it's gonna cost to give you all an estimate price.
Did you use a personal shopper option or something? I thought at most forwarding sites you put in the forwarding services address and pay for the item and then the forwarding service bills you for the cost to ship to the customer only?

Did you use a personal shopper option or something? I thought at most forwarding sites you put in the forwarding services address and pay for the item and then the forwarding service bills you for the cost to ship to the customer only?
I tell them what I want, they send me a invoice so I pay it off. So technically you can say it's a personal shopper doing it for me but you are correct usually you just use the address they give you to have things ship to them and pay the shipping costs to you

It isn;t bad. Does thta mean we can order this and sell the ps4 code to recoup part of the cost

I tell them what I want, they send me a invoice so I pay it off. So technically you can say it's a personal shopper doing it for me but you are correct usually you just use the address they give you to have things ship to them and pay the shipping costs to you
That is what I was asking/was confused by the screenshot... because I thought forward2me is just an forwarding address service where you buy the item with your account, but use forward2me's address and they forward it to you. Didn't realize they do the shopping for you.

Sorry for the double post but I am trying to return my LiS True Colors game/steelbook to Amazon De because they shipped both in what's effectively a paper envelope and the steelbook arrived badly dented/bent (and I'm obviously not gonna pay full price for the game itself so that's going back too). There's no option for replacement since the SB is sold out and they're only offer about ~8 Euros for return shipping. Cheapest option based on USPS calculator is $25. This is beyond ridiculous.

I've never had to deal with customer service with a non-English Amazon vendor- anyone have any experience dealing with anything like this? 

Sorry for the double post but I am trying to return my LiS True Colors game/steelbook to Amazon De because they shipped both in what's effectively a paper envelope and the steelbook arrived badly dented/bent (and I'm obviously not gonna pay full price for the game itself so that's going back too). There's no option for replacement since the SB is sold out and they're only offer about ~8 Euros for return shipping. Cheapest option based on USPS calculator is $25. This is beyond ridiculous.

I've never had to deal with customer service with a non-English Amazon vendor- anyone have any experience dealing with anything like this?
I had to once for Amazon.de. I just loaded up the chat and copy pasted what they said into google translate. Then I typed my response in and translated to german. A bit of a pain but it worked for me.

I had to once for Amazon.de. I just loaded up the chat and copy pasted what they said into google translate. Then I typed my response in and translated to german. A bit of a pain but it worked for me.
I think I did something similar or used Chrome. Thereafter stuck with Amazon UK. Much easier to chat in English when anything was bad enough to warrant it.

Anyone notice the Far Cry 6 Gold on Best Buy has two versions with PS5 strip on the front cover?

Is that an error? The PS4 version is listed as PS4/PS5(because of the upgrade option), but the strip on the front has the PS5 logo.

It would have to be an error, right? Otherwise, it'd be impossible to tell the difference between both versions.

Anyone notice the Far Cry 6 Gold on Best Buy has two versions with PS5 strip on the front cover?

Is that an error? The PS4 version is listed as PS4/PS5(because of the upgrade option), but the strip on the front has the PS5 logo.

It would have to be an error, right? Otherwise, it'd be impossible to tell the difference between both versions.
Gamestop shows the PS4 banner for the gold edition. Prolly just a mistake since there are so many versions.

and now I'm nervous on my LiS True Colors steelbook. It took a week to move while shipping and it's still a ways out. My Medium steelbook from amazon.it was in a torn mailer, but oddly had no damage.

Gamestop shows the PS4 banner for the gold edition. Prolly just a mistake since there are so many versions.

and now I'm nervous on my LiS True Colors steelbook. It took a week to move while shipping and it's still a ways out. My Medium steelbook from amazon.it was in a torn mailer, but oddly had no damage.
My Medium was also torn wide open in a paper mailer. Surprised it didn't fall out at some point. Minor corner damage, but not enough to worry about.

A couple of years ago I bought a Wonder Woman Steelbook from Amazon.de and it arrived damaged. I used the contact us in English option to email them. They requested I send it back to get a replacement, but only offered a small amount to cover return postage. I wrote them back again and sent them a copy of the USPS receipt and told them the difference I was looking for in Euros. They agreed to refund me the difference once they received the Steelbook. I figured I would need to contact them again, but it all happened automatically and I got my full refund to cover return postage.

Makes me worried about my Life Is Strange. I got the Medium Steelbook today from Amazon.de and it arrived fine, but the packaging was terrible (a big thin cardboard envelope). LIS is still on its way to me.

A couple of years ago I bought a Wonder Woman Steelbook from Amazon.de and it arrived damaged. I used the contact us in English option to email them. They requested I send it back to get a replacement, but only offered a small amount to cover return postage. I wrote them back again and sent them a copy of the USPS receipt and told them the difference I was looking for in Euros. They agreed to refund me the difference once they received the Steelbook. I figured I would need to contact them again, but it all happened automatically and I got my full refund to cover return postage.

Makes me worried about my Life Is Strange. I got the Medium Steelbook today from Amazon.de and it arrived fine, but the packaging was terrible (a big thin cardboard envelope). LIS is still on its way to me.
Honestly, they just both the SB and game side by side... like as if you placed both on a table next to one another so you can see the front of each one, and then stuck them in the envelope. If they had done something to make sure they stayed that way, it prob would have been fine but nope. So during transit, they just got shuffled up and the SB ultiamtely ended up partially on top of the game and ended up getting bent.

In either case, this return doesn't sound like it'll be fun. I'm gonna hold out a bit and hope the SB comes back in stock so I can do a exchange, maybe that'll be easier...

Honestly, they just both the SB and game side by side... like as if you placed both on a table next to one another so you can see the front of each one, and then stuck them in the envelope. If they had done something to make sure they stayed that way, it prob would have been fine but nope. So during transit, they just got shuffled up and the SB ultiamtely ended up partially on top of the game and ended up getting bent.

In either case, this return doesn't sound like it'll be fun. I'm gonna hold out a bit and hope the SB comes back in stock so I can do a exchange, maybe that'll be easier...
I had the same thing happen with Bioshock PS4 years ago. Steelbook was rotated 90° from the game and bent up. Never did get it resolved

bread's done
Back