2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think Metroid Πis going to be rare everyone seems to have it in stock. Heck my GameStop is a smaller mall store and they have 20 copies for tomorrow

Does the Best Buy version have a physical game or is it digital? The listing seems really confusing. (Maybe I’m dumb and they are all just digital download codes in the SE, but I thought when I tried to preorder at GameStop it was physical)

Does the Best Buy version have a physical game or is it digital? The listing seems really confusing. (Maybe I’m dumb and they are all just digital download codes in the SE, but I thought when I tried to preorder at GameStop it was physical)
I noticed that too, but product description says game card

It has a physical game, the listing name is wonky. That being said I got my SE for pickup tomorrow!

I can't get best buy to show anything other than please wait. The Metroid amiibo won't add to my even though but shows in stock at all stores near me. Very annoying

Got my orders in... 1 se, 1 amiibo. se will be here sunday, and i'll pick up my amiibo and stickers on saturday.
Surprisingly, for both, the phone app just let me right in. both browsers on my PC was on please wait for about 3-5 minutes after the orders were complete.

Best Buy app is the way to go. I was able to add them both instantly to my cart. I did not check out though. I already have a order that is schedule to arrive tomorrow.

The karma of your scalped copies being damaged thus bringing down your minimal profits. If you had decent money you wouldn't need to resort to scalping lmao. You're not better at getting games, you just used a bot. Gotta be realistic my dude.
I don't use bots, I buy them manually like anyone else can & I don't resell them right away "on eBay" for minimal profits. I keep them for a 1-2 year period of time and sell them down the road like an investment.

Too many assumptions from ignorant people who are way too quick to judge blindly calling anyone a "scalper" and assume they're all cut from the same mold. The idea that I deserve bad to befall me because I buy a few extra video games legitimately is absolute degenerate thinking.

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin will have a steelbook, at least for Europe right now.
76fa245e8155ba801538ba5f6d214851.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Shout out to blueweltall for always being on point with the links and notifications in both this thread and the console restock threads.  We need more members like that in less folks like akgamerx who only detract from this community with their bitch like behavior and ideals.

After getting a really beat up Fire Emblem 30th anniv. I decided for certain Nintendo CEs I'm going to order two from now on if they aren't too expensive. Got both today in good condition, but not flawless. One has a one moderately sized ding. The other has several small dings. Deciding which one to keep and the other will be a holiday gift.

Man it feels like it's been two years since game ordering has been this crazy!

Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin will have a steelbook, at least for Europe right now.
76fa245e8155ba801538ba5f6d214851.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
As a soulslike fan, I enjoyed this latest demo. The game really feels a lot like God of War (2018) but with a FF menu and equipment system. I'll definitely be picking one of these up.

use the app
Thanks! It worked!! And I was able to use my monthly PUR+ cert!!

Man it feels like it's been two years since game ordering has been this crazy!

As a soulslike fan, I enjoyed this latest demo. The game really feels a lot like God of War (2018) but with a FF menu and equipment system. I'll definitely be picking one of these up.
So wait, is it closer to Souls or GoW? I haven't played the demo but I was expecting it to be like Bayo.

Damn, would have liked a back up order because my Target CE just arrived damaged and the Target Amiibo order still hasn't shipped... shows in stock but add to cart button does nothing.
Did Target at least ship in a box or was it a pouch/padded envelope?

I really don't think Metroid Πis going to be rare everyone seems to have it in stock. Heck my GameStop is a smaller mall store and they have 20 copies for tomorrow
Thanks - I'm glad you mentioned this. I had pretty much assumed I wasn't going to be able to get one, but your post gave me hope. Stopped by the local game stop about 30 minutes after opening this morning and was able to pick up a copy.

Did Target at least ship in a box or was it a pouch/padded envelope?
Just got my order from Target. It was in a big box that was padded well.
Mine was in a box but it was just bigger than the CE itself, with no padding. The box itself honestly looks fine the CE might have been damaged before shipment. Seems like it was dropped... local store said they have some extras and is holding one for me until end of day today so hopefully I can swap out.

Does anyone know if you buy an Amazon gift card at Amazon.com, would it work on Amazon UK?
I currently have existing Amazon giftcard balance in my US account but when I try to check out with a UK order, doesn't show the option to apply giftcard balance. It might be possible to do but maybe you have to re-add the giftcard to your Amazon UK account but I don't have theoriginal giftcard anymore so I don't know if that'll work or not.

I got my Far Cry 6 Gold Edition and the sticker residue was left behind when I took the sticker off.

Is rubbing alcohol ok for removing the residue from the steelbook? Or should I order Goo Gone?

I got my Far Cry 6 Gold Edition and the sticker residue was left behind when I took the sticker off.

Is rubbing alcohol ok for removing the residue from the steelbook? Or should I order Goo Gone?
Goo gone. I strongly discourage using rubbing alcohol on any type of painted/printed surface where you may need to do anything more than a few simple wipes. It can remove colors. This is coming from somebody who has been cleaning all his purchases with 70% alcohol spray on a microfiber cloth (only for items that aren't shrinkwrapped in some way; amazing how dirty the cloth gets with some used items). Rubbing alcohol is usually fine if you just plan to do a simple wipe but not good if you need to focus on any one area.

Goo gone can damage surfaces apparently but I've never had any such experiences.

Goo gone. I strongly discourage using rubbing alcohol on any type of painted/printed surface where you may need to do anything more than a few simple wipes. It can remove colors. This is coming from somebody who has been cleaning all his purchases with 70% alcohol spray on a microfiber cloth (only for items that aren't shrinkwrapped in some way; amazing how dirty the cloth gets with some used items). Rubbing alcohol is usually fine if you just plan to do a simple wipe but not good if you need to focus on any one area.

Goo gone can damage surfaces apparently but I've never had any such experiences.
Well this is on the border. The top and bottom stickers were placed to hold it in place of the cardboard sleeve so there's no colors other than just black.

I think I'll try just water first. If that doesn't work, go from there.

Goo Gone, lighter fluid, and rubbing alcohol can all remove colored ink from paper.  The outcome is more dependent on the quality and finish of the paper / box.  It mostly seems like the box is either susceptible to ink coming off or it's not.  Paper (case) inserts are definitely delicate.  Those paper Nintendo CE-like boxes can very dangerous too;  ink tends to run off that material. However, cardboard and chipboard boxes usually don't cause any issues.  Most boxes are completely fine to wipe with fluid.  Try a tiny bit of it on a section that doesn't matter, first. If the stickiness seems resistant to breaking up and wiping off then it has a higher chance of smearing ink. 

Lighter fluid works very well too but both it and Goo Gone can leave behind incredibly strong odors, with Goo Gone being the most offensive and by far the longest lasting.  But that too depends on your tolerance for odors.  You can try nail polish remover too but those stronger acetones are more likely to remove paint.  Personally, I'd start with a few drops of lighter fluid through the sticker.   Rubbing alcohol is great for all-purpose if you feel like the surface is rather safe.

Target really should have used smaller boxes or some other packing technique. Metroid CE is destroyed and just put an order in with GameStop to hopefully get a copy in better condition and just return these to Target. Very disappointing.

Well this is on the border. The top and bottom stickers were placed to hold it in place of the cardboard sleeve so there's no colors other than just black.

I think I'll try just water first. If that doesn't work, go from there.
If there is enough sticky left on the sticker, you can probably use that to try to pick up the residue on the SB case. This usually works on most surfaces that aren't unglossy paper.

bread's done
Back