2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Water didn't work. Rubbing alcohol did, thankfully.

I would've tried Goo Gone, but I don't have it, would've had to have ordered it and odors annoy the hell out of me, if it stinks.

Water didn't work. Rubbing alcohol did, thankfully.

I would've tried Goo Gone, but I don't have it, would've had to have ordered it and odors annoy the hell out of me, if it stinks.
I've always used the back of the sticker or tape. Just press the sticky side down on the sticker residue and it pulls it right up. It's worked for me 100% of the time.

Even for pre-orders?

I've had that happen with stuff that's long been in stock, but it's happened with pre-orders too. I thought pre-orders came straight from the warehouse.
Even preorders. I believe it was about 50/50 today with what we had for store pickup vs shipping out for online orders with the Metroid CE. We made sure to use boxes but of course a lot of stores will just throw them in a bubble mailer and call it a day.

Best Buy corporate does seem to be aware of the bubble mailer issue though. One of our trainings for this month they mentioned trying to get collectibles in people hands unbent. So maybe they will be updating our shipping system to mandate boxes on certain things instead of letting stores do whatever they want.

Still trying to get me a 20th xbox controller I don't really need. People straight crazy on buying out special edition anything these days...

Wake up at like 4 am this morning and instead of going back to bed I decided to check Triangle Strategy SE at Amazon UK. It was in stock but said can’t ship to the US. So I rolled back over to go back to sleep. Said eh what the hell I’ll try on more time. And I was able to check out.

got 24$ back on price match on my metroid in target chat

VPQxft9.png

insomnia paying off. hope its still up when you guys wake up

I keep trying target chat but it keeps giving me this sentence "We're unable to chat with you at this time". I'm CST but how did you guys get to contact them already?
get the app if you dont have it
go to help center
search chat
in top right corner theres a chat button
keep trying it til it lets you talk to someone

its what i did

got 24$ back on price match on my metroid in target chat

VPQxft9.png

insomnia paying off. hope its still up when you guys wake up
Thanks for this. Used the chat in the app and got a refund for the difference. They said they don't price match items that are out of stock per policy but could make a one time exception on this and manually refund the difference. Good luck everyone.

I requested a price adjustment with a Target chat rep, she agreed that my order qualify for it, and after a few minutes she came back to let me know she will refund the entire price instead since she noticed I been a long term Target member.

I requested a price adjustment with a Target chat rep, she agreed that my order qualify for it, and after a few minutes she came back to let me know she will refund the entire price instead since she noticed I been a long term Target member.
Holy shit, what a win.

EDIT* Was able to PM mine just now on their website but they said they had to make a "one time exception" because it's beyond the PM window... guessing they're using the order date and not the delivery date.

Nice one.  Target chat seems so.. let's say "generous."  Kinda wishing I bought the SE from them.

What I did turned out decent though.  Since I have no time to play dread at the moment, I bought the SE for $81 at GS and then did a G2L trade of the game cartridge.  Ultimately cost me ~$25 gs credit to keep the SE extras.

Best Buy just price matched Metroid Dread: Special Edition via chat. Very YMMY since it's now showing as out of stock on Target website.

Based on the likes you got from your clearly butt hurt post it looks like there's a bunch of QQ anti scalper pussies in here. I actually got 15. If you suck too much at life to even land 1 you're clearly a POS lol. Sorry I'm just better than you and all the other whiners who agree with you.
Not even going to quote all the other replies you've made to people here, but things like calling other people's comments baseless, quick to judge, and then resorting to insulting people, when you're the first to do all those things shows just how weak and frail your logic is and all you've done is project your short comings on others, congratulations you played yourself.

If you need to scalp to make more money, then go find yourself a better job or better yet, take all those "haha I'm better than you bc I bought all these and you didn't" efforts to learn some new skills and better yourself. Learn to get real money instead chasing chump change.

Back on topic, love seeing all stock happening and popping up all over, the target discount on my order made it much sweeter

Got the price adjustment.  But these Target agents can be utterly incompetent.  How does it take you 25min to do a simple price adjustment?  After much arguing, deliberating, and unable to find the item at all even though its at Target.com and directly in my orders history.  Or found with a simple google search. 

No, I don't want to use my "special courtesy one time exception for being a loyal target customer".  I'm not going to spend that courtesy token.  Match the fucking price like you're supposed to.  Twenty five minutes and you were still unable to do your job in helping one customer with a simple, everyday task.  Even though I provided the link, gave you the order #, and it was directly from your own store.  No wonder all agents were busy and the help lines were down for a couple of hours.  

No idea how these people have jobs. 

A target manager once told me “target is not affiliated with target.com.” I didn’t know what to say. So I got rude and asked if she was retarded. She said “no, are you?”

I don’t deal with target.

Got the price adjustment. But these Target agents can be utterly incompetent. How does it take you 25min to do a simple price adjustment? After much arguing, deliberating, and unable to find the item at all even though its at Target.com and directly in my orders history. Or found with a simple google search.

No, I don't want to use my "special courtesy one time exception for being a loyal target customer". I'm not going to spend that courtesy token. Match the fucking price like you're supposed to. Twenty five minutes and you were still unable to do your job in helping one customer with a simple, everyday task. Even though I provided the link, gave you the order #, and it was directly from your own store. No wonder all agents were busy and the help lines were down for a couple of hours.

Because most of them outsource their CS reps to foreign countries for cheap labor, and through no fault of the reps they struggle with English a lot of the time so they basically just follow pre-scripted protocols to solve problems and can't understand niche problems enough to go off script.

That is on the companies themselves for cheapening out on customer service.

Got the price adjustment. But these Target agents can be utterly incompetent. How does it take you 25min to do a simple price adjustment? After much arguing, deliberating, and unable to find the item at all even though its at Target.com and directly in my orders history. Or found with a simple google search.

No, I don't want to use my "special courtesy one time exception for being a loyal target customer". I'm not going to spend that courtesy token. Match the fucking price like you're supposed to. Twenty five minutes and you were still unable to do your job in helping one customer with a simple, everyday task. Even though I provided the link, gave you the order #, and it was directly from your own store. No wonder all agents were busy and the help lines were down for a couple of hours.

This is exactly how Amazon's reps acted after they initially implemented their no price match policy... I wonder if this is a sign of things to come at Target.

I forgot I had FFXIV CE pre-ordered for next month. It’s a square enix exclusive. The value of their CEs seem to away vary. So I checked and holy moly. Not sure if it’ll stay at those prices once it’s officially released.

I always assume chat CS is located somewhere offshore so you are dealing with someone who’s first language isn’t English.

You guys just want more free stuff on top of partial refunds lol

I once ordered a Xbox 360 branded usb that was supposed to come with 1 month of live. It ended up being a new upgraded package with no 1 month of live. Chatted with Amazon rep they gave me a year of live plus $10.….now think of the slickdeals people, the cags…n the millions on Facebook groups lol all ordering the same item, chatting with the reps before the item arrives trying to get a year of live and $10 from a $18 usb drive lol.

I just want Amazon to ship like they used to. They would shrinkwrap collector edition games/ books to a piece of cardboard that fit inside a box so it would not move at all and the item did not touch the outside box. My CE games and books always arrived mint like they should be. 

Holy shit, what a win.

EDIT* Was able to PM mine just now on their website but they said they had to make a "one time exception" because it's beyond the PM window... guessing they're using the order date and not the delivery date.
That line of thinking needs to be nipped in the bud. Just because you pre-order something the day it goes live doesn't mean you don't deserve the same opportunities as someone picking it up in store when it goes on sale a few days after release. You should have asked them if it was too late to return the game, based on the same criteria...

I just want Amazon to ship like they used to. They would shrinkwrap collector edition games/ books to a piece of cardboard that fit inside a box so it would not move at all and the item did not touch the outside box. My CE games and books always arrived mint like they should be.
I want Amazon to do a lot of things like they used to... customer service, shipping, Prime guaranteed 2 day shipping or slower option for digital credits, price matching, etc.

Amazon JP still does it that way 😞

Speaking of Amazon JP, has it been confirmed if the Japanese version of SMT5 Premium Edition will be an actual steelbook? Or will it be a "metal case" or metal pak?

Just got this from Walmart.  The small box arrived destroyed, the game was crammed into the box at an angle.... I have never seen such a poor packaging job.

I want Amazon to do a lot of things like they used to... customer service, shipping, Prime guaranteed 2 day shipping or slower option for digital credits, price matching, etc.
I agree 100%. I just was settling on one thing at a time from the old Amazon from 10+ years ago.

Wasn't able to price match at BB as it was out of stock yesterday, but today one store showed up in range on target and I was able to get it price matched =)

Thanks toska :)

I was organizing my CEs today to make room and I was checking ebay just to see some of their value and the FFXIV Shadowbringers CE seems to be worth a lot. Only two sold in recent ebay history and they went for $1500 and $1800. And none are currently listed.

Is this super rare or something? I'm shocked there aren't way more listed on ebay, hell you can find more sealed copies of classic SNES games on there.

I was organizing my CEs today to make room and I was checking ebay just to see some of their value and the FFXIV Shadowbringers CE seems to be worth a lot. Only two sold in recent ebay history and they went for $1500 and $1800. And none are currently listed.

Is this super rare or something? I'm shocked there aren't way more listed on ebay, hell you can find more sealed copies of classic SNES games on there.
If it is anything similar to the WoW Collector's Editions it is usually because of in game items (pets, mounts, etc.) that you can only get from the download codes that come with the CE.

Looking on Ebay, I see a Sealed CE that sold for $1,800 and an opened CE (Codes used) that sold for $120 within the past several months. So it is most likely they DLC codes that were exclusive to the CE.

If it is anything similar to the WoW Collector's Editions it is usually because of in game items (pets, mounts, etc.) that you can only get from the download codes that come with the CE.

Looking on Ebay, I see a Sealed CE that sold for $1,800 and an opened CE (Codes used) that sold for $120 within the past several months. So it is most likely they DLC codes that were exclusive to the CE.
It's possible, but I also saw a listing where the dark knight statue alone sold for like $225.

no idea why they even put it on "sale"

thought it was a price error that was gonna get removed in 2 seconds honestly

bread's done
Back