2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the way Atlus handled it should be the way others do. Send an email with a link. Literally, no struggle or hassle to get. I almost didn't feel like it was real with the PTSD Nintendo gave me.

I just realized I never even had the option to choose my version because I went through checkout as soon as the email came in. The details under the item description is also blank lol fml

I sent a message to their support, if they can fix it, wonderful, and if they don't I saved myself $200

ebay is annoying with bigger items, so tomorrow I'll see what game xchange offers for some loose CE items.  I'll test it first with the Doom Eternal helmet and Days Gone CE statue.  Prolly the Biomutant Atomic statue too.  That thing is way too big to be any good to anyone.

I just realized I never even had the option to choose my version because I went through checkout as soon as the email came in. The details under the item description is also blank lol fml

I sent a message to their support, if they can fix it, wonderful, and if they don't I saved myself $200
Are the details blank in your email or when you click the "view order" option in your email? My email shows no details but clicking it shows PS5/NA version.

It is still up for order if you want to put the correct one in and cancel the "generic" one?
I thought about that, but didn't want to risk getting both canceled for violating any sort of limit. There's also no way to cancel on your own so I'm leaving it up to them. It's not a huge deal, if I can figure out how to get my hands on the JP version I'm okay with that too.

Are the details blank in your email or when you click the "view order" option in your email? My email shows no details but clicking it shows PS5/NA version.
It's literally blank everywhere lol, it's empty space after the Collector's Edition line. In my order history, ordery summary, confirmation, etc. It's kind of funny actually that I was able to order at all without selecting any of those options, so I'll see what they do. It's a shame their live chat isn't working

Ended up getting the soul hackers CE. Last of us is trash I won't touch so that's a couple copies to people who actually play those. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 got a few. Overall good "E3" type week.

Any chance Trails of Zero CE will come back near release?
In the past NISA has relisted small numbers of previously sold-out LE's for other falcom games like Ys IX. Zero is probably a significantly smaller print, but the possibility is not zero.

Edit: Forgot to mention those LE's were made available months after release, not before. Also nisa's uk store still has inventory.
https://store.nisaeurope.com/collections/pre-order/products/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero-limited-edition-nintendo-switch

1 out of 3 CE secured FML man lol… hoping I get XC3 and TLOU restocks
People could have gotten a whole new system for that much $.

I think I'll get a second PS5 for the OLED television in the bedroom instead. Something collectors edition these Holidays no dobut, and another 1 TB in storage.

Not sure if it was p[osted yet, but NISA announced the Trails to Azure collector's edition today for Switch and PS4, due out early 2023.

For $90 you get game, steelbook, hardcover art book, acrylic stand, 17"x24" cloth poster, and collector's box

Both CE's showing 50-71% stock remaining

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-to-azure

attachicon.gif
azure_full_nsw_white_esrb.jpg
fuck yeah. See now that's how you do a CE.

great job, NISA.

Walmart has an exclusive steelbook version of Madden. Not even that can get me to buy Madden honestly. Would have to give away an ownership stake in a franchise to get me to buy a Madden game these days.

I didn't want Soul Hackers 2 a ton, but I decided to plunge because 1) Inflation of RPGs since the pandemic has been insane. Getting this later if you decide you want it will be a pain. 2) Chances it goes up in value increases being an Atlus Store exclusive and a JRPG series.

Worst comes to worst and the game sucks bad and I decide later I don't want it, I can always sell it and break even probably at a minimum.

fuck yeah. See now that's how you do a CE.

great job, NISA.
The Azure CE looks awesome for the price but as someone who owns this, I'm gonna say they have their duds every now and then.

Hard part is deciding on Switch or PS4 Azure version.
I'm not super into niche games but it seems like this is what happens usually:

NS versions - not censored, more collectible, play on the go

PS4 version - looks and runs better

Me, I've default to PS4 for anything I want to actually play.

For Zero and Azure, there are no issues of content difference between platform.  Durante (lead of PH3, the team working on the port) recently commented that all maps are targeted to be a solid 60fps in both console versions of the game.  The games are based on the formerly Japan-only ps4-only releases Zero no Kiseki Kai and Azure no Kiseski Kai.  These versions have added dialogue and npcs to connect with the Cold Steel games, but the additions are minor.

Personally I ordered the switch version since I enjoy the oled screen.  Due to PH3 working on it and the fact that the games are essentially 11-12 year old psp products, I don't expect compromises in performance on the switch version.  If I ever desire to play at a higher resolution, I can still do that with the non-Kai geofront pc version and enjoy some other things like added voice acting lines taken the vita Evo versions (these lines are not in the Kai and NA localized versions due to copyright stuff).

The main reason I'd consider the ps4 version is the different/larger form factor steelbooks.  And also just as a collector because Azure in particular is my single favorite game.  But I already have over $300 in pending preorders from NISA so just doing the one version.

I was reading Gamestop's page on Modern Warfare 2's steelbook, and everything says you need to pick up the steelbook at a store even if you order online.  That sound pretty dumb.

Not sure if it was p[osted yet, but NISA announced the Trails to Azure collector's edition today for Switch and PS4, due out early 2023.

For $90 you get game, steelbook, hardcover art book, acrylic stand, 17"x24" cloth poster, and collector's box

Both CE's showing 50-71% stock remaining

https://store.nisamerica.com/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-to-azure

attachicon.gif
azure_full_nsw_white_esrb.jpg
What do you guys think the odds are this is one of those PS4 games that later gets a PS5 release, like Ys VIII did, so publishers can just double dip?

What do you guys think the odds are this is one of those PS4 games that later gets a PS5 release, like Ys VIII did, so publishers can just double dip?
I would say those chances are close to zero. This is a much smaller release than Ys VIII and there would be no performance gains on a ps5 version. these are 11-12 year old psp games. If anything there might be a small restock of reshuffled inventory a while after launch like we saw with Ys IX LE. A reprint of a standard version is something nisa my also do down the line.

If you want your imported Pokemon steelbook edition to say”Scarlet” instead of “Ecarlate”

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B34V3Z8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also check your email for a targeted 5 off 15 offer from Amazon UK
Snap, I would not have noticed if you had not pointed this out- I had an order on Amazon UK already but it was the Ecarlate version.

Also funny how the NA double pack for just the two games costs as much as this import with the steelbook, even with international postage. Of course, risk of damage is much higher too... really hope Amazon UK stopped using paper mailers.

Normally would be stoked to see this but Amazon now ships everything in poly bags or paper bags and I get them pretty dinged up. Maybe GameStop will price match....

Ok... XBC 3 SE now completely nuked from both US and CA Nintendo store web sites.

Don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.
yup just reloaded my page and wario pops with a error message, I love the series bt if I don’t get this CE it’ll be picked up during a holiday b2g1…Nintendo’s fault, I’m only worried cuz it’s a store exclusive. They may restock bt I’m not holding my breath at this rate given the contents won’t arrive until later this fall with initial preorders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... XBC 3 SE now completely nuked from both US and CA Nintendo store web sites.

Don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.
What a cluster. Also nuts that even with the massive initial surge they didn't change over to 1/customer. Nintendo gonna Nintendo I suppose.

I'm kinda surprised the XBC3 SE lasted longer than the Last of Us remake SE. At least it seemed that way to me.
No way, XC3 I couldn't even get the site to load 5 min after it went live. Last of Us, I got it 40 minutes after it went live. No issues with the site either.

I'm kinda surprised the XBC3 SE lasted longer than the Last of Us remake SE. At least it seemed that way to me.
It didn't last longer. From what I remember the site wasn't even working for a few hours after it went up. It seems people finally started getting orders in 4 or 5 hours in.

bread's done
Back