2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
e5de51122c42405184b4a20c3b7fd58a.jpg

At this point I think these companies are slapping collectors edition on things just for the markup….stickers, postcards,posters, pins, that’s definitely not $120 value maybe $75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If past situations are any indicator (of the future), then I am going to wait until they add the bonus steelbook offer to the best buy listing before ordering one.  Otherwise we go through the repeated hassle of e-mail updates, attempted order corrections, or lack thereof, while trying to get our steelbook offer.   So it's best to simply wait until they add it to the listing.   Rather than receive a delivery sans steelbook. 

Nothing on the Valkyrie Elysium page states "steelbook" yet so it's best to wait until they add the bonus offer IMO.  Will update when they do. It'll be available. No reason for 5-10 pages of hand-wringing.

e5de51122c42405184b4a20c3b7fd58a.jpg

At this point I think these companies are slapping collectors edition on things just for the markup….stickers, postcards,posters, pins, that’s definitely not $120 value maybe $75

take that back it includes the 1st game on a 2nd disc as well

If past situations are any indicator (of the future), then I am going to wait until they add the bonus steelbook offer to the best buy listing before ordering one. Otherwise we go through the repeated hassle of e-mail updates, attempted order corrections, or lack thereof, while trying to get our steelbook offer. So it's best to simply wait until they add it to the listing. Rather than receive a delivery sans steelbook.

Nothing on the Valkyrie Elysium page states "steelbook" yet so it's best to wait until they add the bonus offer IMO. Will update when they do. It'll be available. No reason for 5-10 pages of hand-wringing.
The page doesn't have steelbook in the description, but there is a photo next to the stock one that says exclusive steelbook pre-order now. I'd pre-order and then if it gets added to the listing, just order another and cancel the original order. Just in case they remove the steelbook from the listing and only the first x number of orders get it.

The page doesn't have steelbook in the description, but there is a photo next to the stock one that says exclusive steelbook pre-order now. I'd pre-order and then if it gets added to the listing, just order another and cancel the original order. Just in case they remove the steelbook from the listing and only the first x number of orders get it.
And the third image in the gallery is this one:

6512643ld.jpg

I would still like to see the page updated to mention the SB.

Hoping Psychonauts 2 gets a regular retail release at bigger stores like Best Buy or Amazon. 

The iam8bit announcement tweet has a "retail" edition listed so there is a chance.

any word they might sell just a Standard edition of Psychonauts??? I hate to buy into the CE just to get the games on disc fuck

There is a standard edition of Psychonauts 2, but the description says

• Psychonauts (2005) is an exclusive disc release for this Collector’s Edition

So my AI collector’s edition showed up from Amazon today for switch…… there was NO game inside. Everything else was there, but no game. I called Amazon and they asked me to send it back for a refund, but it sucks. I wanted the game and collectors stuff. I offered to keep if it they would just send me a game. They said they cannot.  Fml

So my AI collector’s edition showed up from Amazon today for switch…… there was NO game inside. Everything else was there, but no game. I called Amazon and they asked me to send it back for a refund, but it sucks. I wanted the game and collectors stuff. I offered to keep if it they would just send me a game. They said they cannot. Fml
No game case or game case but no disc inside?

You know damn well that it's just going to be a ps2 game on a ps 4 disc, sort of like what LRG did with indigo prophecy and red faction, so I wouldn't be too concerned about getting it on disc

Mine is ready for pick up. Should I go tonight and be disappointed for everyone? lol

Looks like everyone on Twitter said its the Base PS5 version of the game nothing else. So i'm not wasting my gas for that right now. 

Mine is ready for pick up. Should I go tonight and be disappointed for everyone? lol

Looks like everyone on Twitter said its the Base PS5 version of the game nothing else. So i'm not wasting my gas for that right now.
I called three stores within 50 miles, all said the same thing. The listing is wrong and it's for the base game pre-owned. I did order one for shipping to see what happens.

Yeah went to my GS today to pick up mine and it was just the PS5 Deluxe edition with no bonuses or anything. Just cancelled the order and on with life. Luckily it was only a 5 minute drive

Now that the euro and the dollar have reached near parity, are there any European CE’s worth importing?
With inflation being ridiculous this past year, it's nice to see a dollar goes further in foreign markets. Been importing a lot of Japanese things lately now that a dollar is like 135 yen. Been swooping up some cool Japan exclusive consoles.

Except for me, shipping costs went up so much that it pretty much made the total about the same. I think I got a 5k JPY nendo, but shipping was almost 4k, so it ended up being the same as it used to be when the shipping was 1500ish.

Available at "Select retailers" thank goodness we don't have another XBC 3 fiasco (although that was almost certainly because they moved the release date up)

bd8df0d2d609f91cbc337f3ba40ebcbc.jpg

There saying this is the official way to get it and how sega intended it to be smh

$103, plus shipping? GTFOH lol
I’m sure this will sell out and scalpers will be able to demand more than what it originally cost, but I’m willing to wait it out. I’m with you on this. It’s just too pricey with tax and shipping. I can’t justify spending $140+ on a bunch of old games I can emulate.

I’m sure this will sell out and scalpers will be able to demand more than what it originally cost, but I’m willing to wait it out. I’m with you on this. It’s just too pricey with tax and shipping. I can’t justify spending $140+ on a bunch of old games I can emulate.
If the Amazon exclusive thing holds to release, unfortunately a sure thing. The best comp is the TG16 Mini which sold out and went to 2x MSRP pretty quickly.

bread's done
Back