2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty snarky remark. A bit unnecessary, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m guessing you have no idea 1) why JPY, and other currencies, is weakening relative to the USD, 2) what effect the Fed raising rates has on USD appreciation, and 3) what inflation has to do with Fed raising rates? Good news, I just connected the dots for you.

The shipping packaging was great, but I was pretty let down with the CE in general. The contents were loosely tossed into the CE box. And now that I beat the game, I'm disappointed the figure was for a DLC demon locked behind the digital edition :(
This being called a Collector's edition anything is just a slap in the face. I knew what I was getting into and am still utterly disappointed with how the contents were tossed in as is after opening my up just now. Wish I could return it for when they inevitably sell these items stand alone as merch in their store.

For anyone still looking for a Fire Emblem Engaged CE i would still keep a eye out on Target.  I was somehow able to preorder one this morning around 7 am.  Not sure if they are putting them up on random waves.

That's actually pretty legit, but I have no use for the damn thing. I doubt I could even flip it easily on eBay without just breaking even. Oh well.
I don’t even have space in my room anymore but buy first think later lol. Will figure out where to put that huge figurine somehow

Haven't had anything shipped from AmazonDE before, but I will know soon once my DioField Chronicle Steelbook edition comes in from them.
So I just checked and my copy shipped from Amazon.de earlier today (No email notification which is odd), says shipping was about $10 and will get here (Midwest US) October 4th

Found a pic of the steelbooks from a Spanish Twitter account.

[attachment=37344:FdFh0WAX0AEBKXH.jpg]

I don't get why we can't play original Xbox or 360 games without an online connection... like I can get the need for a connection for an initial update/patch but after that?
That's because the Xbox One/Series are not truly backward compatible consoles like what Microsoft is making their die-hard fans believe them to be. Microsoft's backwards compatibility program requires an internet connection, because the console reads the OG Xbox/360 discs and use that as authentication (does not matter if disc is NTSC or PAL) to DOWNLOAD a rebuilt & optimize version of XYZ_game that works on the current generation console. Microsoft wants to make sure you're not just borrowing the old gen game discs, and installing/playing the optimized versions of them without authentication. Without internet connection to authenticate the discs, the console will only play Xbox One/Series games.

I’m guessing you have no idea 1) why JPY, and other currencies, is weakening relative to the USD, 2) what effect the Fed raising rates has on USD appreciation, and 3) what inflation has to do with Fed raising rates? Good news, I just connected the dots for you.
I work in financial services, so I’m well aware of what’s going on. My point, which appeared to go right over your head, is that there’s no reason to be a dick.

I work in financial services, so I’m well aware of what’s going on. My point, which appeared to go right over your head, is that there’s no reason to be a dick.

Hahaha, financial services. Now there’s a term that runs the gamut. I’m guessing you’re not an investment banker? You’re way too sensitive, cupcake, especially hilarious when the original comment wasn’t even directed at you nor was it particularly dickish. Run along to your safe space or go find other nonexistent causes to champion.

Hahaha, financial services. Now there’s a term that runs the gamut. I’m guessing you’re not an investment banker? You’re way too sensitive, cupcake, especially hilarious when the original comment wasn’t even directed at you nor was it particularly dickish. Run along to your safe space or go find other nonexistent causes to champion.
Your initial comment was a bit cocky, and your response to me was highly unnecessary. So yeah, you are a dick.

Your initial comment was a bit cocky, and your response to me was highly unnecessary. So yeah, you are a dick.

Actually I thought his first comment was just pretty neutral. We are boosting interest rates to prop up our currency and there is no expected end in sight. shouldn't we move on or make comment like to take advantage of these times I personal had a preorder for Square UK for tactics ogre charge me right away to get the current rates.

Here's the actual Dead Island 2 CE with a different steelbook, looks to be at every retailer - $99 PS4, PS5, XBOX

seg7qc91zoj91.jpg

Perfectly happy enough to order the steelbooks for $9.99 apiece on their own.  Love it.  I don't have to commit to the $60 game that I'm not going to play right away.  They'll be $30 in a couple months anyways. 

Fingers crossed that BestBuy doesn't kick the FF/Valkyrie steelboks down a flight of stairs before sending them to me again. The Stranger of Paradise and Ghostwire Tokyo saga from earlier this year was not fun. I really wish that any other retailer would get these, as BestBuy's the only one I consistently have problems with.

Perfectly happy enough to order the steelbooks for $9.99 apiece on their own. Love it. I don't have to commit to the $60 game that I'm not going to play right away. They'll be $30 in a couple months anyways.
I'm a little surprised they sold this by itself- I know they often do it after a game's released, but I don't think I've seen then sell an standalone SB before a game's release. Would definitely prefer they did this vs buying the game for the SB and then return the game.

Fingers crossed that BestBuy doesn't kick the FF/Valkyrie steelboks down a flight of stairs before sending them to me again. The Stranger of Paradise and Ghostwire Tokyo saga from earlier this year was not fun. I really wish that any other retailer would get these, as BestBuy's the only one I consistently have problems with.
Complete opposite for me, I have only had 1 SB damaged from BB and it was the Cyberpunk one long after the game's release during some SB sale. Otherwise, I haven't had any issues...

I'm a little surprised they sold this by itself- I know they often do it after a game's released, but I don't think I've seen then sell an standalone SB before a game's release. Would definitely prefer they did this vs buying the game for the SB and then return the game.
They might have screwed up, both Dead Island 2 and Sonic Frontiers steelbooks were also available for purchase by itself couple days ago

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

one of my local Best Buy maybe shutting down or something. This one store the only one in the metroplex closed on Sunday, and they're not allowing online order to be picked up at this store. Major loss if that's the case considering this location is the only place put out preorder bonus steelbooks on the floor.

one of my local Best Buy maybe shutting down or something. This one store the only one in the metroplex closed on Sunday, and they're not allowing online order to be picked up at this store. Major loss if that's the case considering this location is the only place put out preorder bonus steelbooks on the floor.

Best Buy is not doing that good right now and has cut its projections for the near future.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/best-buys-shares-fall-10percent-as-it-cuts-its-forecast-for-second-quarter-cites-weaker-demand.html

Which store in the Metroplex?

bread's done
Back