2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
My Bayo 3 from BB was also sent with no packing material. It did get dinged up some. Not too bad, but still was 100% avoidable.
Mine too, came in a box with bubble packing only on the top. None on the sides, so it was sliding around in the box.

None in stock, so can't exchange either. Chatted with a rep, got a 10% refund. So at least that is something?

BB once again screwing me over by telling me my Bayo 3 CE is NOT READY for pickup

Last time this happen BB didnt come through and I didnt get the game from them(I had to scramble quickly to find another place, I think Target, to find the game) fuck

EDIT: well sh!t, my order is ready for pickup. Just as i was about to lose faith on BB
looking at how early you posted. Were you saying it wasnt ready yet before bestbuy even opened for the day?

I'm actually surprised by the heft and the size of this Bayonetta box.  This is not what I was expecting! It's slightly oversized and heavier than the other typical Nintendo CEs.  The box has an attractive metallic-looking/reflective finish and the graphics are nicely embossed. 

Bayonetta-3-1.jpg

Bayonetta-3-2.jpg

I wasn't planning on keeping this order.  But this one was a pleasant surprise.  Not a bad pickup at all, for $78. Now I think I may have to go track down a copy of Bayonetta 2 on the Switch. 

looking at how early you posted. Were you saying it wasnt ready yet before bestbuy even opened for the day?
lol i understand what you are saying but usually i get an email the night before telling me my order is ready to pickup on Friday.

Last night I did get an email saying the order was not going to be ready by Friday.

So it reminded me of that time when i bought another game(or was it an amiibo?? dont remember), where i had gotten the same email saying its not ready. Then waited the whole weekend to see if BB would end up fulfilling it. Only to find out that the Target close to me had it(so i then bought it from them and picked it up on Monday and cancelled the BB one)

Mine too, came in a box with bubble packing only on the top. None on the sides, so it was sliding around in the box.

None in stock, so can't exchange either. Chatted with a rep, got a 10% refund. So at least that is something?
If it makes you feel any better my GameStop has beat up boxes too because their warehouse sent them with other stuff rolling around. But since it was in store I asked for a better box than the one they first brought out (feel bad for people that can’t pick up until later).

So, it's good the empty cases are sealed? Ok.
Seems like a scam risk- could easily sell them as brand new sealed copies, knowing a lot of people just don't open their games/keep them sealed.

Would also be funny if you sent them to Wata or VGA and they graded them. LOL

Modern Warfare 2 with steelbook from Gamestop says it'll be delivered today, but has not left the warehouse.
Thats interesting, my Modern Warfare 2 shipped and is transit for tomorrow delivery... except the Steelbook is on 'awaiting product availability'

I feel like they are gonna shaft me on the Steelbook since thats what i want the most

Anyone else got an collections notice email from Nintendo for having a balance due because of the Xenoblade 3 CE order? I have a 1 cent balance somehow and I have to pay or they will have the rights to forward the collection or credit agency for further action.

My mom canceled my Bayonetta preorder last week on Amazon and I haven’t been able to find it anywhere. I’m just going to get the UK version. I couldn’t sleep all last week once I couldn’t find it on our Amazon account.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got a 10% refund as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else got an collections notice email from Nintendo for having a balance due because of the Xenoblade 3 CE order? I have a 1 cent balance somehow and I have to pay or they will have the rights to forward the collection or credit agency for further action.
I got one too… I thought it was a scam email, so I deleted it. Now you got me thinking it’s real. Anyone else get one?

Mine looks like this:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products. Our records show your recent order or repair has been completed. However, we also show a balance due remaining on your account. You can refer to the invoice attached to this email for details.

Please call Nintendo Consumer Service at 1-877-803-3676. Representatives are available every day from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific time. We accept payment by MasterCard or Visa.

Please note that if we don't receive payment, we reserve the right to forward your account information to a collection and/or credit agency for further action.

Thank you for your time. We appreciate your prompt response.

Sincerely,

NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.
Nintendo Consumer Service

It's real, had to called the number and spoke with a rep. The guy waived it for me and said that there was no point in charging me a penny. Still annoying that you had to find time to do this.

It's real, had to called the number and spoke with a rep. The guy waived it for me and said that there was no point in charging me a penny. Still annoying that you had to find time to do this.
How the heck do they not auto write a penny off? If you said sure charge me it would cost than more than a penny to put the charge through since CCs have a per transaction and percentage fee.

How the heck do they not auto write a penny off? If you said sure charge me it would cost than more than a penny to put the charge through since CCs have a per transaction and percentage fee.
Have you seen the exchange rate between the yen and USD?? Nintendo needs NOA to collect every single penny, no questions!!

Same here, except even the steelbook hasn't gotten here
Dang that sucks. They sent out the steelbook early, then it got delayed, then arrived. Weird.

If the game doesn't show movement I kind of want to cancel even though I'll lose the $5 cert I used on it. Anyone knows what happens now if you cancel after you got the preorder bonus online? It's been literal ages since I had to consider it.

I've ordered collectibles and stuff easy. But the last game I ordered from GS before this I never received and now this lol.

Gamestop didn't do a good job with it and I had to wait 2-3 days after announced to even get a reserve because corporate couldn't prepare it for instore properly
Like I said in a previous post, the CE was available for a good 24 hours on their website across all three consoles. It was insanely easy to preorder, not sure how anyone had difficulty with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, waiting on Steelbook but the game arrived, I think I got shafted on Steelbook cause it says its Unavailable
Now it's "Awaiting product availability"

In better news, another walmart order finally produced a good condition gotham knights steelbook. Ill return the game with busted steelbook after work. I finished the game last night and enjoyed it. A few annoying crashes and missions done in coop dont always progress for the joiner, but the same host guarantees all achievements.

Stumbled across a cool informative review video about the Genesis Mini 2 that helped me with my buying decision.   Was previously on the fence with it.  Thought you guys might be interested in the details too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgb6alm3M1M

My review of the Bayonetta Tinity Masquerade Edition, as well as comparing its contents to the Bayonetta Nonstop Climax Edition
https://youtu.be/LSAKVHccNxg

Now it's "Awaiting product availability"

In better news, another walmart order finally produced a good condition gotham knights steelbook. Ill return the game with busted steelbook after work. I finished the game last night and enjoyed it. A few annoying crashes and missions done in coop dont always progress for the joiner, but the same host guarantees all achievements.
Are u guaranteed to get the steelbook when it says with steelbook on the title of the game on the website?

Are u guaranteed to get the steelbook when it says with steelbook on the title of the game on the website?
The first one said steelbook and came with a busted one.

I ordered a PS5 and Xbox copy that both said steelbook and neither came with one.

The Xbox deluxe was the only one left that said steelbook after that and it shipped with one.

It seems random, but it's at least easy to return as there is a walmart everywhere. I kept the first game (and finished it/enjoyed it) and returned the other 3 without issue.

My MW2 steelbook has gone from waiting to preparing to ship and back to waiting for availability. Dagbannit.

The first one said steelbook and came with a busted one.
I ordered a PS5 and Xbox copy that both said steelbook and neither came with one.
The Xbox deluxe was the only one left that said steelbook after that and it shipped with one.

It seems random, but it's at least easy to return as there is a walmart everywhere. I kept the first game (and finished it/enjoyed it) and returned the other 3 without issue.

My MW2 steelbook has gone from waiting to preparing to ship and back to waiting for availability. Dagbannit.
Hm I see listings with “exclusive steelbook” for both ps5 versions for me now on the Walmart app. Might give it a shot

Literally just got the charge from Sony for my Jotnar edition I had pre-ordered on Sony Direct, so now is prime time for any copies to pop up there if orders are cancelled due to them being unable to be charged.

bread's done
Back