2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, tarot cards aside, seems like Engage CE might actually be in short supply... wish I kept my spare order now but oh well. My GS tracking now works but it's coming from a store and not their warehouse. 

Walmart did a great job shipping mine. I ordered two, one to keep one to keep sealed and it showed up in the retail case. Which is a QTY 3 case, they just took out one copy and put in some bubble wrap and resealed, but everything was nice and tight and arrived in good shape. Almost makes me wish I bought 3 in the off-chance I could have gotten a sealed case. 

Side note, I've only played for like an hour but am bored out of my mind. Maybe it's the excessive cutscenes and super repetitive FE storyline.

Powerful mother / Queen figure dies, main character has memory loss.

Plus what seems to be a downgraded hub world / social feature compared to Three Houses. Really hoping there is more of a "slice of life" aspect to it ala Persona or heck even Three Houses or Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I was worried about the lack of that based on the trailers which honestly made it look like a mobile phone game and only combat based. Hopefully it picks up but a little disappointing considering I really enjoy three houses, awakening, and fates.

It's interesting to see the split in opinions on Engage so far. I'm not a fan of the social links/slice-of-life stuff so 3H and Fates were a letdown for me (Fates also had an atrocious story). But a lot of the people who don't like the game seem to feel that way because of the lack of those elements. So I'm cautiously optimistic, personally, but I'm trying to finish up Crisis Core and the upcoming SoP DLC before diving in.

It's interesting to see the split in opinions on Engage so far. I'm not a fan of the social links/slice-of-life stuff so 3H and Fates were a letdown for me (Fates also had an atrocious story). But a lot of the people who don't like the game seem to feel that way because of the lack of those elements. So I'm cautiously optimistic, personally, but I'm trying to finish up Crisis Core and the upcoming SoP DLC before diving in.
It feels eerily similar to what we heard by people who played Persona 5 before they ever touched an SMT game.

People who started with Fates or Three Houses are going to be a bit surprised when the game goes "back to it's roots" so to speak.

Not that it's a bad thing, just an observation. Me personally, I don't mind social links (which ARE present in this game, just not as prevalent) but the tactics gameplay is stellar. Possibly on par with Triangle Strategy, and I thought that game was phenomenal.

Still lol'ing at the fact that the collector's edition for Final Fantasy 16 is still available for purchase, but they'd have us believe that the standard editions are 'no longer available'.  They're going to come back in stock.  Companies cut off product availability like this all the time in order to generate much greater demand.

Remember how people were turning their noses up at the $75 price on the SE?   Now think about how much that perception changed. 

The item is OOS yeah right haha it hasn't even been printed yet. 

I’m actually shocked people thought the Fire Emblem CE would be like the Metroid one. The Metroid one was an outliner that came out at a bad time. Fire Emblem CE always sell out and stay out of stock 

I've already played about 13 hours of Engage and it's great. Some really fun characters and good combat.  I've played a few Fire Emblem games over the years but the only one I've ever beat is Three Houses. 

I’m actually shocked people thought the Fire Emblem CE would be like the Metroid one. The Metroid one was an outliner that came out at a bad time. Fire Emblem CE always sell out and stay out of stock
Metroid one was definitely sold out at launch and Nintendo then released more around the holidays/Black Friday. We'll see if more FE hit the shelves in the upcoming months.

Metroid one was definitely sold out at launch and Nintendo then released more around the holidays/Black Friday. We'll see if more FE hit the shelves in the upcoming months.
I thought so too on Metroid- I remember trying to get a preorder in prerelease and finally getting lucky to get one... but then a few months after release, I'm very confident it was on sale to.

Fire Emblem Echoes CE was pretty easy to find after release. Hell even now, you can find new copies for like $70, which is barely more than the $60 MSRP. I also doubt anyone thought Bayo 3 CE would be as readily available as it was post release but.. here we are. I don't think what series a CE/game is from has anything to do with it, guessing Nintendo prob just learned to adjust production numbers when they can.

EDIT* had to look up the Dread CE sale to make sure I wasn't nuts and I guess it was a maybe/maybe not thing since it was prob YMMV.

https://slickdeals.net/f/15324406-metroid-dread-special-edition-nintendo-switch-67-49?attrsrc=search%3Aterm%3AMetroid+Dread+Special+Edition%7Csearch%3Apage%3A1%7Csearch%3Aposition%3A4%7Csearch%3Aresult_type%3Athread%7Csearch%3Aresult_id%3A15324406&src=SiteSearchV2Algo

Callisto Protocol CE down to 160/150 on both Skybound and GS. MSRP was 260/250 I think

Oof felt bad for anyone bought it at full price

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I examined my Fire Emblem CE more closely and it's in good shape, but the sticker came already popped off and it has some parts of the box paint torn off a little. Would that be enough for you to pick up your other copy sitting in the store for pre-order or no?

I'm still debating on if I should take the drive and get my other copy.

Eh maybe my area then? Was in stock at every GameStop near me for months. They didn’t sell out till well after launch.

I've already played about 13 hours of Engage and it's great. Some really fun characters and good combat. I've played a few Fire Emblem games over the years but the only one I've ever beat is Three Houses.
Really? Hmmm. Maybe my opinion will change but right now I don’t really like any of the characters. I was instantly drawn to several in three houses. Plus the engage system is annoying to me ‍♂

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1617717416754282499
Ugh... already gone... I don't wanna do another BB buy/return for steelbook order. I haven't purchased anything from BB in like the last 2 years that wasn't a game that I returned just for the bonus SB.LOL

This is very similar (if not identical) to what happened with the Crisis Core steelbooks, so I'd monitor the RE4 listings for when the steelbook gets added to them.

damn, that was fast.  glad I got my order in yesterday.

I can get one of you.  But it's going to be $15 with shipping, and I bet you're not going to want to do it. 

Forgive my ignorance, but did you order the $250 CE from GameStop strictly for the steelbook? I thought they were different anyway so why cancel?

bread's done
Back