2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, it’s definitely over unless you make it your job to monitor US retail sites over the next few days. I got one on Shopto in the UK with a mail forwarder and Shopto tells you how many people are browsing and it was in the mid-thousands as soon as their Twitter account announced it. The scalper culture isn’t nearly as strong overseas so you can only imagine what it’s like in the US.

I was 10 minutes late to the gs site. Got all the way to the confirm button to get an oos error. Going to try instore.
Just to save other people time, here are my results. I checked two stores. No success at either. At one, an employee was willing to search for the sku i provided (product page on the gs site). He was able to pull up the CE but had no ability to preorder or ring up the product. I just don't think it's active in the system at this point.

Called my store 30 ish minutes after they opened. The guy there said he doesn't expect Zelda CE to be for in-store preorder since last handful of CE's for games have been online only. Fingers crossed this one is available for in-store preorder. I have a decent chunk down on standard edition so can transfer it over.

Got to my GS store at open (noon) and way too late to do the web in store preorder. The store manager told me that today's ordering is classified as "web in store preorder" and that this is separate from store allotment preorders, which have not opened up yet. For those that wanted the CE, she is having them reserve the standard edition, and once store allotment is confirmed (which very well could be zero or very few copies), she's calling the people on the list, in order, to change over to the CE that had expressed interest in the CE. I paid in full for the standard in the hopes that, if the CE comes up, she can just call me, confirm I still want it, and convert my order over. I am #4 on said list, so maybe I have a chance.

Wtf target just went up and bam sold out instantly. These have to be bots cause it seems impossible for a human to get one off of target

By 11:15am my store was told to shut off all pre orders for it, and already has 45 pre orders for the standard.
Wow! I'm doubly glad I was able to order online then, I wouldn't have been able to get to the store until after work. I wonder if the standard edition is going to be hard to get too? I had put in an order with Gamestop for the $59.99 price before the CE went up.

Still have Walmart and Amazon, let’s not rage yet. Besides, I have plan B, I have an extra botw special edition.
Not looking good for me honestly. It's busy season for us public accountants and hard enough to check for updates and whatnot, while being sleep deprived.

Honestly, worst case... I'll just buy a scalper copy. If Nintendo doesn't want my money, might as give it plus 200% mark up to someone else.

Not looking good for me honestly. It's busy season for us public accountants and hard enough to check for updates and whatnot, while being sleep deprived.

Honestly, worst case... I'll just buy a scalper copy. If Nintendo doesn't want my money, might as give it plus 200% mark up to someone else.
I refuse to believe these things are gone. I ain't even worried about it. The LE Switch consoles were not even hard to acquire. Items like this have been popping up 6 months after the fact as well.

It's been a lonnnnnng time since I've had trouble acquiring a CE from Nintendo.

BUT BUT BUT THE MASTER EDITION. Yes I know, Timmy. I can also name about 15 of them since then that have been np at all to acquire. I got two different BotW SEs which were pretty cool. We will have options. Just gotta stay tuned. There will always be more collectables and they won't squander their opportunity to capitalize on TooK; keep your chin up.

Thinking twice about my wanted dead CE pre order now. Not going oos yet or could be in a few days. Same thing with like a dragon isshin. Wo long steelbook edition still available except for ps5 version for whatever reason. Hope I can wait for price drops for these games before they’re oos

So close! Was able to cart it, but not get through checkout fast enough. My cart said "3 left" during checkout process. Dang it. I had just checked minutes before it went live, and then minutes too late.

Also, "limit 2?". Kind of a dick move on Walmart's part. Should have been limit 1. Might as well call this one the "bot/scalper edition".

Literally checked this page at 8:25 am CST today for any updates... And WM having it was posted at 8:30 am.LOL Oh well, prob wouldn't have mattered since it went so fast.

At this point, it’ll be like 90% resellers with this CE. If garbage scalpers are just gonna bot the entire stock It’s not even worth it to collect anymore.

At this point, it’ll be like 90% resellers with this CE. If garbage scalpers are just gonna bot the entire stock It’s not even worth it to collect anymore.
oddly enough, i will be glad when we transition to the All Digital Age next gen.

No more running around like a chicken with our heads cut off trying to get these "physical" CE. Refreshing pages every few seconds to see if the preorder goes up and all the BS that comes with it

Realistic Sony and MS will be the 1st to transition to all digital and Nintendo might transition 2 gen from now(meaning we have another 6-7 years left of this crazy physical CE collecting before all consoles move to digital and then we dont have to worry about all this nonsense)

I guess the only thing we would be chasing after would be the Limited Console editions at that point. Im not much of a collectionist for consoles but i do once in a while pick up LE consoles. I might pick up that rumored Zelda theme console when, and if, it goes up

Pre ordered yesterday in store at GameStop. The employee did it for the regular edition when I specifically ask for the CE. Now it’s sold out. FML.

I got a question on Best buy game with  steelbook preorder.  Do they still let you return the game and they dock $10 off the return and you keep the steelbook?  I want to grab octopath steelbook but not sure if i have time for the game with isshin coming out

Not really. Who would want to pre-order in a store that'll likely close before the game is out?
I’ve stop doing online pre orders for GS because the last couple times Items have been missing or carriers lost the package. I rather do it in store and the nearest GameStop near me is a bus or train away.

There was no instore pre-order for the CE. Just WIS and online.
That is consistent with what the store manager at my local store said. She said the in store allotments had not yet dropped, and the "in store" preorders that occurred yesterday were just web in store preorders. It could very well be the case that there will be no in store allotments at all (or very few), but she seemed optimistic that they'd at least get a few copies once the in store allocations are determined. Who knows? At this point, that slim chance seems better than trying to beat the bots once Amazon goes live.

Looks like the hogwarts limited edition dualsense sold out in a min. Couldn't even add it to cart.
Was just about ask about it... PS's stupid site kept re-directing me to the UK one (because that's where google search first led me) and when I tried to change countries, it only gave me options for other EU countries. Even when I logged it, it just said I wasn't allowed to access the UK region site but did not re-direct me to the US site. I had to go to Sony's main page and then switch countries before the US popped up but by then it was already 10:02 AM PST and I figured it was long gone.

Given how popular the series is, you'd think they'd make enough to at least last a few minutes.

Its a combination of rampant bot/reseller scum and Nintendo once again underestimating the demand of a CE of one of their most loved franchises. Since this is listed as a "Collector's Edition" and not a "Limited Edition", hopefully Nintendo realizes they are leaving a lot of money on the table and print a bunch more.

bread's done
Back