2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
A North American version of Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 HD was on Play Asia for a while and they removed the listing entirely. Not sure if that means they planned to have a copy and it's no longer going to be produced or what.

A North American version of Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 HD was on Play Asia for a while and they removed the listing entirely. Not sure if that means they planned to have a copy and it's no longer going to be produced or what.
More likely Play-Asia jumped the gun--they tend to do that with new announcements and make English listings that may or may not come to fruition.

I would say this means that it will be digital only in the West normally.

However this is a special scenario as there is ALSO a listing for it on Amazon Germany (Complete with the large rating stickers on the front).

(Currenty OOS - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0BVZYGVTD?tag=fbpow-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1)

At this point in time I am playing it safe and locked in an Asian-English P/O with Play-Asia and will gladly cancel if an actual ESRB physical copy goes up. But for right now I am leaning to that not being the case.

Octopath II CE came today, my first order from Square Enix store directly and legit impressed by the packaging. Now if only I had time to play any games these days.... 

Is it normal for order not to be in your order history on the Focus Entertainment store? I ordered the Atomic Heart LE yesterday and got the order confirmation, but nothing is listed in my order history. For those who placed an order can you check?

I got a shipping email from UPS from Technicolor HES SE. Is that NIS? I have Trails to Azure pre-ordered, not sure what else it could be.

I received order confirmation of my AH LE but didn’t create an account until after placing the order lol. Sucks there was no way to get rid of that shipping cost

Limit of only 1 on order in total from Best Buy.

Zelda-notice-1.jpg

Managed to get Zelda during the BBY restock earlier. In case it helps someone else for future restocks, I was able to cart it, but got stuck in a loop at checkout where it kept saying item is not available for the delivery method chosen, and kept saying that regardless of whether I picked shipping or store pickup. I just left it on the shipping method and kept hitting the checkout button repeatedly for like 2 minutes and it finally went through. My guess is that someone else's order had payment issues or was cancelled, and I managed to get it by sheer luck. Point being, if you are able to cart it the next time it pops up, but can't check out, keep it in your cart and just keep trying to checkout for a few minutes just in case. I also notice that the product page now says something about being a high demand item and a reservation queue, so if there's another BBY restock, maybe it will be a bit easier to get.

I remember years ago people saying they've gotten accounts banned for too many returns at certain retailers. Does anyone know how many returns you'd need to do to trigger that?

I have to return two games to Amazon this week and I don't want to trigger it. And I returned a game to Best Buy a month ago and need to return another this week there as well.

I remember years ago people saying they've gotten accounts banned for too many returns at certain retailers. Does anyone know how many returns you'd need to do to trigger that?

I have to return two games to Amazon this week and I don't want to trigger it. And I returned a game to Best Buy a month ago and need to return another this week there as well.
I wonder this a lot too. I return a ton of stuff to Amazon but also spend a lot there so not worried about that. But BB is another story... I've bought tons of games from them for steelbooks and then returned the game. Basically have spent $0 there....

I've only heard of Amazon getting mad at big returns.  Like someone buying a TV from them and getting 2 bad ones in a row and the returns get their account and any prime/gift cards saved up gone with it.

I get nervous with heavy hardcover books (art books, graphic novel omnibuses, etc). Amazon does a terrible job at packaging them, so I feel like it's a constant debate of "is this damaged enough to justify asking for a replacement".

I try to buy them from Target or Barnes & Noble because I can at least return those in store, and I haven't heard stories about bans at either place for excess returns.

Nobody will be able to guess how Amazon bans customers. Like all retailers, your entire order history is stored in relational databases that can be cross-referenced to inventory costs, item categories, anything you can imagine. When corporations reach Amazon scale, so to speak, there are constantly new corporate project proposals on how to limit costs from bad customers so the heuristics and algorithms for triggering bans are constantly being tweaked. It isn’t some guy behind a keyboard at a CS call center making arbitrary decisions. Your banning is more likely to be impacted by the models created by data scientists and economists.

amazon is the only store I try to never return stuff to. Unless its something huge like an item literally comes broken etc. This is probably also why I stopped shopping Amazon Warehouse Deals. 

Wouldnt want to get banned.

I get nervous with heavy hardcover books (art books, graphic novel omnibuses, etc). Amazon does a terrible job at packaging them, so I feel like it's a constant debate of "is this damaged enough to justify asking for a replacement".

I try to buy them from Target or Barnes & Noble because I can at least return those in store, and I haven't heard stories about bans at either place for excess returns.
Yep, just got the Breath of Fire art book from Amazon last Saturday and they shipped it in a paper mailer... 3 corners dented.

I definitely pushed the limits of GameStop returns a few years ago.  This info probably isn’t relevant anymore, but right before Covid, they had some great pre-owned sales, just a constant few months of buy 5 get 50% off overall.  This was right before prices started rising too.  I wanted complete / non-crap copies, and a lot of the stuff was selling out pretty quick, so I would order 2-3 of each and just keep the best.  I probably doubled or tripled my ps4 and switch collection at the time, so it was a lot of returns.  I have tons of stores near me, so I could spread out the returns, it was just over the course of about a month, but I think they started to recognize me.  I was winding down anyway, but towards the end when I did some returns at a store like 10 mins from last one, they greet me with “did you just visit x store?” I said yeah.  I can’t remember what they said, but the way they phrased it the previous store had called them to expect or watch out for me.  Pretty weird, but that’s the worst that happened, wasn’t banned.  If I was actually doing anything fishy or trying to scam them, I imagine I would have been.  It probably raised some flags and investigation, but I had just had a really crappy experiences with an abusive employee on a standard transaction in store prior, so I didn’t care too much about the inconvenience to them.  I don’t get too much into politics, but on reflection I think it was what’s referred to as a danger hair lady just deciding to take her personal shit out on me.  Again, a return, but one of my once or twice a year returns before my spree.  Nioh 2 collectors edition cause I found it cheaper.  I just comment my surprise that she says she is going to open the sealed copy for the return, I say “it’s brand new and still sealed, no problem, go ahead, but isn’t that going to devalue it?”  While she’s opening it, I just comment “interesting, just never had to do that before” to which she replies “I can call the police if you don’t like it!”  I say, “are you kidding me, I said it’s fine, go ahead, just a comment.  You feel this warrants police involvement, for what?”  “Get out of my store or I am calling the police, I’m store manager (which I later found out was a lie) this is my store, take your game and get out!”  I wasn’t aware of any friction between us, that is seriously the extent of what I said to her, but guess something was off.  fucking ridiculous and embarrassing experience.  Anyway, that probably influenced my not giving a shit if they lost some money on extra shipments for a time.  As far as me not getting banned, still probably helped that otherwise I’m a good and regular customer, don’t flip other than some standard trades.

You got lucky because no self-respecting product manager or software engineer would work for Gamestop, unless they had little to no options, so Gamestop can’t execute itself out of a paper bag. These days, there’s so much behavior data available, it’s incredibly easy to forecast the lifetime value of individual customers. Of course, there would be a lot of PR blowback if stores just started banning every customer that wasn’t profitable but that’s the future we’re steadily marching towards.

You got lucky because no self-respecting product manager or software engineer would work for Gamestop, unless they had little to no options, so Gamestop can’t execute itself out of a paper bag. These days, there’s so much behavior data available, it’s incredibly easy to forecast the lifetime value of individual customers. Of course, there would be a lot of PR blowback if stores just started banning every customer that wasn’t profitable but that’s the future we’re steadily marching towards.
I’m sure I would show up as very profitable outside of, and probably still during that blip, but yeah, was lucky that I was not banned.

https://www.theretailequation.com/

Read, learn. Stele is 100% on point.
Forgot about this. I emailed them a like a month ago asking for my report and they emailed me back to ask me to call them. Kinda annoying, why say I can email you for my report and then when I do email you, come back with "nah, call us".

I also heard that, the people that get banned are heavy outliers- tons of returns without receipts or constantly getting damaged items wherein damage rate is low.

I think before you get banned at Best Buy they will let you kno especially if you are returning in store.

Wo Long PS5 Steelbook Ed PS5 in stock at Amazon at the moment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLXCQN9L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT* just noticed it says imports from Japan for the PS5 version? Weird...... shows NA version. 

Seems like the PS5 version is being sold by Amazon JP and send to US- pretty misleading to have it under the NA product page. 

PS4 is in stock though: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLWGMJFN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 

I never caught the Wo long steelbook restocking at bestbuy so I had no choice but to order from Walmart and it shipped set to arrive on release day. Deek thinks I need to platinum hogwarts legacy first before it arrives

Wo Long PS5 steelbook may be available for local pickup on BestBuy depending on your area. Seemed to pop up fairly recently starting around 10:30PM PST.

Wo Long PS5 steelbook may be available for local pickup on BestBuy depending on your area. Seemed to pop up fairly recently starting around 10:30PM PST.
Thanks for the tip, I was able to place a pick up order at a store for pick up... won't know for sure for a few hours if they have it or not but fingers crossed.

It's not the PS5 version, but Amazon has PS4 copies of Wo Long's Steelbook Launch Edition, expected to ship 3/20-3/22:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLWGMJFN/

It's pretty disappointing that this doesn't come with a season pass like NiOh 2's Limited Edition which was priced the same and also included a steelbook, so I'm likely passing and just waiting for a discount on the standard game.

bread's done
Back