2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and cancelled my Armored Core 6 Collector's Edition.  I just can't justify $250+ for what comes in the set. 

- Steelbook looks great and I generally was hoping there would have been an option to get one with just the game

- The figurine looks cool but I have the reprinted model kits coming later this year, and all 3 of those are way cheaper than the CE

- The art book only being 40 pages (When we KNOW Bandai will prolly release a 200+ page official one through Udon in a few months)

- The OST being a digital download

-  Pins/stickers being low-tier filler to apd out the price IMO, might as well throw in an acrylic stand and charge $300 Bandai

Hopefully those that were on the waitlist get a chance at grabbing one, only a few more weeks before they start charging cards.

I got the charge email for the Atlas Fallen limited edition.  I saw Armored Core in stock, but I agree it's a bit much for what's offered.

Pre-orders for the #SpiderMan2PS5 Limited Edition Console Bundle, DualSense, and Console Covers start July 28, 10 AM ET / 7 AM PT for USA, 10 AM local time everywhere else.

Sold exclusively on PS Direct or participating retailers outside of PS Direct markets

$80 for controller
$65 for faceplates
Per Insomniac

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I might be more willing to buy the covers if those things weren't such a PITA to remove and get back on. I have the worst time with those damn covers. I got the black ones on there I think I'm good.

I might be more willing to buy the covers if those things weren't such a PITA to remove and get back on. I have the worst time with those damn covers. I got the black ones on there I think I'm good.
I had to watch two YouTube videos before I got it... I'm like, this seems ridiculously complicated. Same with the stand in horizontal position, there's no clear indication where the stand should be placed.

If you get LRG’s emails, the images in the email they just sent shows what comes in the Deluxe & Ultimate Editions of Castlevania Advance. The Ultimate is basically another version of the original collection box that lights up & plays a tune.

Pre-orders for the #SpiderMan2PS5 Limited Edition Console Bundle, DualSense, and Console Covers start July 28, 10 AM ET / 7 AM PT for USA, 10 AM local time everywhere else.

Sold exclusively on PS Direct or participating retailers outside of PS Direct markets

$80 for controller
$65 for faceplates
Per Insomniac

Is GameStop gonna be taking preorders in store for them?

I went ahead and cancelled my Armored Core 6 Collector's Edition. I just can't justify $250+ for what comes in the set.

- Steelbook looks great and I generally was hoping there would have been an option to get one with just the game

- The figurine looks cool but I have the reprinted model kits coming later this year, and all 3 of those are way cheaper than the CE

- The art book only being 40 pages (When we KNOW Bandai will prolly release a 200+ page official one through Udon in a few months)

- The OST being a digital download

- Pins/stickers being low-tier filler to apd out the price IMO, might as well throw in an acrylic stand and charge $300 Bandai

Hopefully those that were on the waitlist get a chance at grabbing one, only a few more weeks before they start charging cards.
Maybe it's because of me living under a rock but why does it seem like there's so much more hype on this Armored Core release than some of the past ones? From Software's popularity has been very high since Demon's Souls and they've released quite a few AC games since then and it seems like it's a fairly hit/miss series in terms of reception (unlike the Soulsborne games).

Anyway, I just cleaned up all my CE purchases from the last year and I think I'm also going to cancel but mainly due to a lack of space. I've been collecting CEs for a while now and I still enjoy collecting but these things are just too massive... Cyberpunk, the GoW Ragnarok, LoU II, and Horizon FW are like size of mini-fridges.

Maybe it's because of me living under a rock but why does it seem like there's so much more hype on this Armored Core release than some of the past ones? From Software's popularity has been very high since Demon's Souls and they've released quite a few AC games since then and it seems like it's a fairly hit/miss series in terms of reception (unlike the Soulsborne games).

Anyway, I just cleaned up all my CE purchases from the last year and I think I'm also going to cancel but mainly due to a lack of space. I've been collecting CEs for a while now and I still enjoy collecting but these things are just too massive... Cyberpunk, the GoW Ragnarok, LoU II, and Horizon FW are like size of mini-fridges.
I almost didn't make it out of the starting area in Horizon FW before getting bored and putting it on hold. I have that giant elephant in a box too that I regret. I'm also getting tired of CEs in general. There are some I am looking forward to, but the FOMO isn't as strong as it used to be.

13 mins queue just to access playstation direct.

Finally got in 7:20, all still available except PS5 disc plates, which I wanted. It was showing unavailable since 7:05 on another browser I had opened.

Insomniac tweeted out yesterday that they would be available at other retailers. https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1684628686039912450?s=20
We previously posted a version of this that said the items were exclusive to PS Direct in PS Direct markets. That was incorrect. They are NOT PS Direct exclusive. Sorry for any confusion caused!

They admitted they lied

If they’re producing enough for at least 4 retailers to hold preorders, they’ll produce enough for those retailers to have stock for sale on release day.

We previously posted a version of this that said the items were exclusive to PS Direct in PS Direct markets. That was incorrect. They are NOT PS Direct exclusive. Sorry for any confusion caused!

They admitted they lied

Insomniac corrected that tweet and removed the original like an hour later and this was all yesterday everyone had plenty of notice that they were available at other retailers, not to mention the original announcement on the ps blog mentioned other retailers on back on July 20th. [attachment=38089:Screenshot 2023-07-28 202703.png]

Is anyone else's unfulfilled pre-orders still not showing up on NIS America's website?  I have almost all of mine present, but I am still missing my Crymachina PS5 CE order in my account that I made back in May.  Luckily I have the Gmail order email so I have the order #, but it isn't showing up in my account and neither of my customer service messages that I sent in the beginning of July have gotten responses.

They really did an incredible job at taking what was one of the best ordering websites and turning it into absolute shit.

My order for the most recent Disgaea CE fell into the void from NISA. No email to recomplete it at the new store, not in my order history.

THQ publishing this so its gonna be overpriced for sure. With their track of record I say 300-400 for this.
611b4f26d9337ec40d1f138ebfd6077a.jpg

Edit: only 5000 CE copies available, Europe priced at 200 euro

Not really CEs but it looks like some rare PS3 games were reprinted by VGP: Syberia Collection and Painkiller. I don't really know anything about those MX vs ATV games though/if they're rare or what.

https://videogamesplus.ca/collections/ps3-reprints
Just be aware that the reprints lack manuals and the cover art has been altered with new/additional logos. Totally great to play, but I know a lot of collectors are passing on these due to the changes.

I learned early on that is you think you're buying them because they are currently valuable, so do the other thousands of people and resellers who quickly flood ebay trying to turn a profit.

I learned early on that is you think you're buying them because they are currently valuable, so do the other thousands of people and resellers who quickly flood ebay trying to turn a profit.
There was a post on Reddit about some scummy retailer who get a reprint of Syberia and Painkiller and slowly sold a few at a time at the insane, pre-reprint prices as nobody had any clue about a reprint. This was almost a year ago though... hopefully they're still sitting on stock and now see the hundreds of copies popping up on eBay.

Is the NISA website finally working? I am still unable to login to use the rest of my points.
Working is a relative term. You had to reactivate your account using a link they sent and they still haven't updated accounts to include all your preorders which will apparently be sent in additional links that you have to pay off immediately. Their customer service is still badly broken. It has now taken almost three months for me to return an order of damaged games and they still haven't shipped the replacements after almost three weeks of telling me the warehouse would be shipping them in a day or two. I'm starting to think that maybe there is something going on at NIS that goes beyond simple incompetence.

The Gamestop exclusive Avatar CE sold out. I assume they will restock at some point, but I passed on that one. Needing pro to preorder put me off, plus not having a physical copy with it, and being way too expensive.

The Gamestop exclusive Avatar CE sold out. I assume they will restock at some point, but I passed on that one. Needing pro to preorder put me off, plus not having a physical copy with it, and being way too expensive.
I’ve been trying to cancel for about a week and keep getting a error message, I feel it’s going to just be farcy vibes with a AVATAR skin and that formula is just stale to me personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Buy sent me a code for the MK1 beta today.  I'm really looking forward to the game, but the KE just does not really seem worth it.  

I just randomly got a paypal email about a refund and the order was for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 CE Standalone.  Turns out I missed the news post in June.

"We acknowledge it was a long time ago that many of you pre-ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.  As development continues, we will be updating the game’s editions and bonus content, and we want to provide the best value to those of you who supported us via digital pre-order after all this time. We are thus offering refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered any edition of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As part of this process, we are proactively refunding all pre-orders of physical products, including the Collector’s Edition. The digital versions of the First Blood Edition, Unsanctioned Edition and Blood Moon Edition remain, but can be refunded if you choose."

Just got two more NIS emails asking for them to pay for my Rhapsody and Monochrome Mobius CE pre-orders now. Since those don't come out for a month or two I won't be paying right away, email says they hold onto them for a week after release date and then cancel the orders. I assume I have until the release date to pay, since the invoice does not list a specific due date.

I still haven't heard from them about my Crymachina CE that isn't showing up in my orders, first customer service email was sent exactly a month ago.

Anyone know why the FF16 Ultimate Edition preorder DLC is going for so much? I don't normally bother with preorder DLC content/codes since they're stupid things so I sell them but shocked to see how much this one's going for. 

Anyone know why the FF16 Ultimate Edition preorder DLC is going for so much? I don't normally bother with preorder DLC content/codes since they're stupid things so I sell them but shocked to see how much this one's going for.
I was curious and looked, what content are you talking about? Any pre-order DLC sales I see aren’t selling for that much, like $20, and collectors edition with pre-order bonuses barely over square’s ridiculous starting price.

If that’s true then thanks to bestbuy not sending me one

Ok, I think it’s the blood sword portion a few people are being stupid for.  It’s just rarity, completionists that haven’t learned the concept of sometimes going without, or the thrill of having something others do not.  Basically the CCG market.  Not based on the actual value of the content or offering I’m sure.  It’s going to be free like the FF7 remake DLC later, possibly.

The most recent sale I see was $60, and I don’t see many others.  The rest of the DLC still seems $10-$30.  CE with all the preorder DLC included is selling at a loss after tax, shipping and fees as well, so I think those are just a few outliers or fake buyers driving up the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185990725266?hash=item2b4de93e92:g:KosAAOSw3CtktFzE&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8Ns4r%2BRqwVs0z%2BG0Pa%2BUy4LufPlxsWZeqA6CmFdsLEIxJeIu%2BVphp58ipXkl2IL5ntqfmI6P6iQHFxmn6OpJAyU%2F%2B7YeVG9d2BWdQrEejPEJd4Dh71RjobogV37Mtfx7EiXhZKgzG9orDaMtX5VWmHYHyLeggHXMnHBxeLvmWLZuKZHSODCni5KSpsptzpk8OUmy3pyfL4jHcq5F69MIb648W%2Brzq5htIK96z7lsItbZNNv33LHvL%2Fp%2BHXR4QqLqivVYN2LHwJv3bMzZmxurm6NVD5ABCwC5e1GbVT3ww6y81t0GDKOEHmPNlWrWnteY1w%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_L_hK-6Yg

For the curious, this game has an almost perfect 98% overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam with nearly 2.5k reviews. Game is amazing, glad I held off on importing a copy and will gladly grab the CE, looks great.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1688915162995290112?t=dH-siVR8macIQW1lNs7tUw&s=19

For the curious, this game has an almost perfect 98% overwhelmingly positive rating on Steam with nearly 2.5k reviews. Game is amazing, glad I held off on importing a copy and will gladly grab the CE, looks great.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1688915162995290112?t=dH-siVR8macIQW1lNs7tUw&s=19
Hate the soccer ball mini game with a passion…prevented me from getting the true ending. But a warning to all, the game can be finished in about 10 hours.

bread's done
Back