~~~Official dv8mad Lowball Sale Repository~~~ New location starting August first

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ItsMeMark']I'm going to be kicking ass and taking names if you guys don't up the ante soon.[/QUOTE]

ARE YOU THREATENING ME? I don't plan on bidding until the last day! oh wait... i already did bid.... damn it! :whee::whee::whee::whee:

anyway,

$5 on #60 and #63
I don't know what that is, but if rk is bidding on it, it must be good.

Updated!

Item #165 is also bid free as of gameoverrg being placed on trading timeout. Same as with sum41's issue, I don't want to hold people to bids they may have made in a bidding war with him or if they may have already done other things with their money so, if you want the folder of games, please rebid!

Similarly, don't forget that sum41 is currently winning many items, but has lost his job. Please help him out if you can! I'm sure we can all imagine how terrible it would be to lose your job and then still have so many monetary commitments. Since he can't afford to bid here anymore, I would like to ask everyone to have a look through his items and see if you can't toss another $.50 on any of them to help the guy out in his time of need.

[quote name='dv8mad']Updated!

Item #165 is also bid free as of gameoverrg being placed on trading timeout. Same as with sum41's issue, I don't want to hold people to bids they may have made in a bidding war with him or if they may have already done other things with their money so, if you want the folder of games, please rebid!

Similarly, don't forget that sum41 is currently winning many items, but has lost his job. Please help him out if you can! I'm sure we can all imagine how terrible it would be to lose your job and then still have so many monetary commitments. Since he can't afford to bid here anymore, I would like to ask everyone to have a look through his items and see if you can't toss another $.50 on any of them to help the guy out in his time of need.[/QUOTE]

sorry dv8, love to help, but not when he goes on a bidding frenzy and bids

34. Gashapon Single - sum41rcks1 - $28

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

98. US - PSP - Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony - Complete some case damage - $2.00

163. 2 Sega Saturn Carts - BOTH UNTESTED! - $1.00
164. 3 PC Engine Controllers in box - $1.00

The two I really want is 34. and 61. ... Dv8mad... is it okay if I get outbid on those two.. i can rebid because I really want those, also in the future will you be getting anymore Valkyria Chronicle stuff?

I have about $100 to spare. Hopefully they won't go too high.

[quote name='rmb']Well, sorry for my last edit then. Actually though on the topic of retracted bids....

you should be recieving negative feedback for it! I am done with this topic now.[/quote]

You know what I am sick of you saying this shit about me. I don't know where you get this shit about me retracting bids all the time because I only had to do it once because I lost my fucking job. Are you just mad that I have you outbid on all these items you want, well fuck you. You know what, take Gears of War 2 for all I care, hope you learn to be more considerate to others because you know what, many people are being laid off currently and I happen to be one of them.

I highly doubt you will be outbid on either of those, but even if you were, as I said before, I just wouldn't feel comfortable taking any more money from you with the situation you are in.
I can't even imagine how stressful it would be to go in to work and be told the same day that I no longer had a job.
I'm just hoping that some other CAGs can come through for you and win some more of those items you have bid on.
I don't want to be the guy giving you advice and making you feel bad or anything with the other terrible things you have going on, but I feel like you are a little addicted to buying things and that's an attitude you'll have to break now that you don't have a job. I'm just trying to help you out.

man, i would love to bid... but i cant. not only because i really need to save now, but im a bit OCD about having english copies of a game... my loss i guess :p

so, i wish you luck!!!!!

がんばってください

Yeah thats probably right. Thanks for the advice! Although I am not sure if you saw this or not, but are you going to be getting more Valkyria Chronicle stuff in the future. Once I get a job at least.

=)

[quote name='sum41rcks1']You know what I am sick of you saying this shit about me. I don't know where you get this shit about me retracting bids all the time because I only had to do it once because I lost my fucking job. Are you just mad that I have you outbid on all these items you want, well fuck you. You know what, take Gears of War 2 for all I care, hope you learn to be more considerate to others because you know what, many people are being laid off currently and I happen to be one of them.[/quote]

you tell him! i honestly dont see the big deal with retracting bids (i have no idea what the previous conversation was, im just talking about retracting bids in general) but i think if you do it like at least a day before an auction ends, it's perfectly fine...

just my thoughts

[quote name='the_grimace']you tell him! i honestly dont see the big deal with retracting bids (i have no idea what the previous conversation was, im just talking about retracting bids in general) but i think if you do it like at least a day before an auction ends, it's perfectly fine...

just my thoughts[/QUOTE]

keep in mind that this is not ebay, the bids does not automatically roll back to the previous bid.

It is a pain to update these bids as it is, we don't need any1 to go retracting bids and restart the bidding process.

[quote name='dinobot']keep in mind that this is not ebay, the bids does not automatically roll back to the previous bid.

It is a pain to update these bids as it is, we don't need any1 to go retracting bids and restart the bidding process.[/quote]

true true. but it cant be that hard to go back a few pages and see what the last bid was. just my opinion though :whistle2:#

[quote name='the_grimace']true true. but it cant be that hard to go back a few pages and see what the last bid was. just my opinion though :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Having participated in lowball sales before, it really is, sometimes I entered the same amount that was already bid because I didn't look god knows how many pages back. :lol:

I don't even wanna think about what it's like for the one running the auction!

99. US - PSP - Star Wars: Lethal Alliance - Complete - $2
100. US - PSP - Lord of the Rings Tactics - Case and UMD in fair condition - $2
101. US - PSP - Star Wars Battlefront II - $2

193. Misako Yasuda Triple Worn Costume Card - $4.50
194. Mao Worn Costume Card - $2.50
195. Sawaii Miyuu Worn Costume Card - $2.50
196. Sawaii Miyuu Worn Bikini Card - $2.50
197. Ami Tokito Worn Dress Card - $2.50
198. Mihiro Worn Sweater Card - $2.50

All must help outbid in times of uncertainty!

Clearly, I must learn to control my mastery of subtle sarcasm.

But the bids are real. Oh yes, very real.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='georox']193. Misako Yasuda Triple Worn Costume Card - $4.50
194. Mao Worn Costume Card - $2.50
195. Sawaii Miyuu Worn Costume Card - $2.50
196. Sawaii Miyuu Worn Bikini Card - $2.50
197. Ami Tokito Worn Dress Card - $2.50
198. Mihiro Worn Sweater Card - $2.50

All must help outbid in times of uncertainty![/quote]

thanks bud

Not to barge in here , especially since I'm not bidding on anything (nothing I'm really interested in , sorry man :p ) but I just want to make sure sum41rcks1 knows (as well as others here , your all my witnesses) that he does owe me some money from my lowball sale.

Since I've read that your having some money/job problems , if thats going to cause a problem you need to pm me to hash things out. Otherwise , just send payment whenever you get the chance. I'll ship out once you do.

I hope I'm not coming off as rude or harsh , I fully understand that losing your job sucks and I feel for you , I'm just pointing out that you have made some monetary obligations with me that needs to be taken care off.

the_grimace - The issue with canceled bids isn't simply that it's a headache to go back through the thread. The issue is, that you have to start from scratch and, if it's the last day, you will almost always lose money that you were counting on.
If you bid $30 on an item and someone bids $50, then retracts two days later, should I hold you to your $30 when you thought you no longer had to pay for that item and spent the money somewhere else?

Rule #5 was added to keep situations like this to a minimum. I'm hoping that anyone who is unsure comes to bid on the last day as I requested. It's easier for everyone like that.

sum41 - It's possible I could have VC items in the future, not sure exactly what will go on the list after this auction is finished up.

Everyone else - Thanks for the bids and front page is fully updated.

82. JAPANESE - PS3 - Battle Fantasia - Complete $32
97. JAPANESE - PSP - Dissidia Final Fantasy - Complete $17
199. Xbox 360 Japanese Exclusive The Last Remnant Faceplate - New $17

edit: guess I should remove gameoverrg's bids on my stuff too?

To help out just a tad.

33. Gashapon Single - $2.5
53. Gashapon Single - $2

I'd also bid on 177-180, but my wife would kill me...

103. JAPANESE - PS1 - Alundra- Baka - $2
134. JAPANESE - PS1 - Chrono Cross- Baka - $2
135. JAPANESE - PS1 - Chocobo Dungeon- Baka - $2
144. JAPANESE - PS1 - Jade Cocoon- Baka - $2
182. Billy Madison HD DVD - Baka - $2
183. US - Waterworld HD DVD- Baka - $4
184. US - Happy Gilmore HD DVD- Baka - $2

140. JAPANESE - PS1 - Spectral Force 2 - 2.00
130. JAPANESE - PS1 - K-1 Grand Prix '98 - 1.50
179. Misako Yasuda Worn Costume Card - 2.50
177. Yuko Ogura Autographed Trading Card - 2.50
ill help out the ultimate bidder atleast where i can

ill be adding to this until someone else posts so i dont double post.

165. $35
199. $19

EDIT: also....

98. US - PSP - Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony - Complete some case damage$3
99. US - PSP - Star Wars: Lethal Alliance - Complete $3
100. US - PSP - Lord of the Rings Tactics - Case and UMD in fair condition$3

5. JAPANESE - NDS - Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2 DUO Limited Box New/Sealed - $23
6. JAPANESE - PSP - The Promise of Suzumiya Haruhi Super Premium Box New/Opened - 25
165. One Folder of US PS1 Games - $40
166. Arisa Taki 2009 Poster Calendar - 8 huge fullsize posters - hockeystealth13 - $10

Woohoo!

Just got a new job today! So happy... Also the place that got rid of me just sent me a check for compensation/past month of work. I now got tons of free money to spend since I got the bills covered for this and next month. Sweet!

[quote name='Shady3011']Try not to go into a bidding frenzy again. Modesty is the best policy.[/quote]

ill have to ask dv8mad if i could bid again, also i wont go bidding so much if i can, just what i need.

US - Wii - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Complete - $13
189. US - Resident Evil Trilogy Blu-ray - $23
190. US - Resident Evil Degeneration Blu-ray - - $11
173. Revoltech Destron Leader Megatron - New - $6
165. One Folder of US PS1 Games - $38

Sum41, congrats on your new job.

At this point, I am sure everyone is wondering WTF is going on!!!! Seriously... WTF

You said you are getting an interview on Thursday, yet, today is only Wednesday. At this point, I have no clue which is the truth.

But I really don't see a point to lie except to create massive drama in dv8's thread, b/c you should be held accountable for your previous bids on those $50+ items.

[quote name='sum41rcks1']Well im applied for a new job today already... the interview is Thursday... so hopefully I could be in luck.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sum41rcks1']Woohoo!

Just got a new job today! So happy... Also the place that got rid of me just sent me a check for compensation/past month of work. I now got tons of free money to spend since I got the bills covered for this and next month. Sweet![/QUOTE]

They called me over earlier... yeah I know it sounds like a lie but I am really telling the truth... don't worry though I wont bid anymore. Alright sounds good. Just going to pay for any I win as of current. Thanks!

Thats evil corporation EA for you. Fun place to work at. Get free games and get paid haha

^^Congrats. Knew it wouldn't be too hard to get another job regardless of the state the country is in. And it's real nice to know that I won't have to fight you for more items. lol

lol.jpg

[quote name='dinobot']keep in mind that this is not ebay, the bids does not automatically roll back to the previous bid.

It is a pain to update these bids as it is, we don't need any1 to go retracting bids and restart the bidding process.[/quote]

The guidelines have been set for these sales and this is 1 of the reasons for no retracted bids.

[quote name='the_grimace']true true. but it cant be that hard to go back a few pages and see what the last bid was. just my opinion though :whistle2:#[/quote]

Actually ask anyone having these sales and yes it is that hard and the seller loses money with last minute retractions

[quote name='sum41rcks1']You know what I am sick of you saying this shit about me. I don't know where you get this shit about me retracting bids all the time because I only had to do it once because I lost my fucking job. Are you just mad that I have you outbid on all these items you want, well fuck you. You know what, take Gears of War 2 for all I care, hope you learn to be more considerate to others because you know what, many people are being laid off currently and I happen to be one of them.[/quote]

I apoligize if I m wrong about the retractions. I know their was a previous issue and I thought it was that. I could care less if I get out bid on an item. The stuff I bid on is easy to get for a cheap price. The problem for many cags, myself included is that we are being held to a standard and negative feedback will be left if we retract our bid. It isn't dv8's responsibility to make sure you are responsible for your actions and can afford a place to live or eat. If a cag cannot afford to buy a couple hundred bucks worth of items if they lose their job, they shouldn't bid in the first place. Ever hear of an emergency fund? I suggest you look into creating one so you can avoid these situations in the future.

On a separate note I recommend all cag's having lowball sales retract all bids recieved if a cag wishes to retract a bid and promptly leave negative feedback. Guidelines have been set in place to protect everyone.

Not that you need it dv8 but free bumpage! If anyone wishes to continue this topic just pm me and we can create a lowball sale off-topic thread so no one gets the banhammer.

166. Arisa Taki 2009 Poster Calendar - 8 huge fullsize posters - $11

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back