Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

[quote name='viiral']i noticed it does not mark packs as owned. is it possible to add that?[/QUOTE]

Considering packs change, and you may own some, but not all of the games, how would it be able to provide valuable information?

[quote name='viiral']i noticed it does not mark packs as owned. is it possible to add that?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Considering packs change, and you may own some, but not all of the games, how would it be able to provide valuable information?[/QUOTE]

BSB is right. Also, since Steam doesn't mark anywhere on the page that you own it, there is nothing for the code to look for. I've decided against writing code that will "spider", meaning its technically possible to load the page, see that it's a pack, grab all of the links on that page, see if you own them all, and if so report back to the page that you're on that you "own" that pack.

However, loading a page like search and filtering by packs would yield 100-300 GET requests to Steam which would be slow to resolve, hard on their servers, and return barely meaningful results.

[quote name='theemadgamer']Thanks for the update, loving this!!:applause:[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! I am hoping that Mozilla approves the code some time this week. In anticipation of this, I've got the website all set up for Chrome and Firefox. Depending on which browser you use to view the site, the "download" links will point you to the (hopefully) correct version of the code to install. :)

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Considering packs change, and you may own some, but not all of the games, how would it be able to provide valuable information?[/QUOTE]

packs dont change much.. and obviously you would mark the pack if you owned them all but since steam dont tag them forget what i said.

So here is a preview of the DLC categorization in action:

8N1q8zW.png

The "Suggest a new Category" link will link back to EnhancedSteam.com where you will be able to pick from the available DLC categories, and submit what you think it should be. Something like this will obviously have to be crowd-sourced and moderated, as I would never be able to categorize every single piece of DLC on Steam.

What do you guys think?

ERR0vKd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']So here is a preview of the DLC categorization in action:

The "Suggest a new Category" link will link back to EnhancedSteam.com where you will be able to pick from the available DLC categories, and submit what you think it should be. Something like this will obviously have to be crowd-sourced and moderated, as I would never be able to categorize every single piece of DLC on Steam.

What do you guys think?

ERR0vKd.png
[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Love the Pay to Unlock notice :applause:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Awesome! Love the Pay to Unlock notice :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm working on setting up the back-end on the website so that people can suggest new categories for DLC. It'll be a little difficult starting out, because I'm not sure if my categories will encompass every piece of DLC.

Also, one piece of DLC can be in multiple categories.

I'll do a few hundred entries in the database (so it's at least somewhat usable), set up the page to suggest a new category, then turn it loose in the 2.1 update. When you chaps and gals get the free time (once it's out) I would appreciate you helping me out with this! :)

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks! I'm working on setting up the back-end on the website so that people can suggest new categories for DLC. It'll be a little difficult starting out, because I'm not sure if my categories will encompass every piece of DLC.

Also, one piece of DLC can be in multiple categories.

I'll do a few hundred entries in the database (so it's at least somewhat usable), set up the page to suggest a new category, then turn it loose in the 2.1 update. When you chaps and gals get the free time (once it's out) I would appreciate you helping me out with this! :)[/QUOTE]

I am so pumped to help with this. It's just the right amount of menial work that I like to do in my spare time (not sarcasm, I actually do enjoy this sort of categorizing).

[quote name='Jugglenaut']I am so pumped to help with this. It's just the right amount of menial work that I like to do in my spare time (not sarcasm, I actually do enjoy this sort of categorizing).[/QUOTE]

Awesome I'll be glad for the assistance!

Here are the 12 categories of DLC I've decided on. I think at least 99% of all the DLC on Steam falls into one (or more) of these categories:

• New Single Player Content - This DLC unlocks a new single player campaign or additional story elements. (Example)
  • Multiplayer Only Content - Ths DLC only affects multi-player gameplay. (Example)
  • New Maps or Game Areas - This DLC adds new maps or areas to your game. (Example)
  • Cosmetic Content - This DLC adds cosmetic or costume changes to your game. (Example)
  • New In-Game Items - This DLC adds new in-game items, weapons, vehicles, or other "usable" equipment. (Example)
  • Pay to Unlock - This DLC unlocks something which can be unlocked via normal gameplay. (Example)
  • Soundtrack - This DLC unlocks the games soundtrack which can be listened to outside of the game. (Example)
  • Full Expansion - This DLC adds a significant amount of in-game content. Content may include new areas, new items, new gameplay modes, or more. (Example)
  • New Gameplay Mode - This DLC unlocks a new gameplay mode or mechanic not found in the base game. (Example)
  • Add-On - This DLC expands the base game by adding new content similar to the base game content, but not found in the base game. This includes new trains, new songs, or new cards. (Example)
  • New Character - This DLC unlocks a new playable character. (Example)
  • Multi-Pack - This DLC is a package that contains other DLC items. Please be careful when purchasing, as you may already own other items in this pack. (Example)

4YFzNsB.png

Okay version 2.1 has been updated on Google and should start rolling out now. When updating to the newest version, you should now see the "Downloadable Content Details" section on DLC app pages.

I'm adding DLC to the database now (up to 150 individual entries so far!) and am trying to go through the more recent / popular games which have DLC that I know about what they do or what category they belong in. However, I encourage you all to submit the new category requests to me using the link on the page.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Okay somewhat bad news - the price history function is broke at the moment and won't be working again until this weekend. Turns out that there were so many server requests (which were subsequently timing out, because SteamGameSales.com is SLOOOOW) that my hosting company suspended my account without warning.

After battling with them on the phone for an hour last night, they finally agreed to re-instate my hosting if I agreed to remove the offending script. So now, every price history request will return "No Information is available."

I'm at a professional conference until Friday, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to set up something this weekend.

[quote name='jshackles']Okay somewhat bad news - the price history function is broke at the moment and won't be working again until this weekend. Turns out that there were so many server requests (which were subsequently timing out, because SteamGameSales.com is SLOOOOW) that my hosting company suspended my account without warning.

After battling with them on the phone for an hour last night, they finally agreed to re-instate my hosting if I agreed to remove the offending script. So now, every price history request will return "No Information is available."

I'm at a professional conference until Friday, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to set up something this weekend.[/QUOTE]

You broke the interwebs!!!

[quote name='jshackles']Okay somewhat bad news - the price history function is broke at the moment and won't be working again until this weekend. Turns out that there were so many server requests (which were subsequently timing out, because SteamGameSales.com is SLOOOOW) that my hosting company suspended my account without warning.

I'm at a professional conference until Friday, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to set up something this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Here's my thoughts on the situation:

Why not just put a link up to that says "Click here to check pricing history on Steamgamesales.com". Since you can basically take any game's url of steampowered.com/app// and change it to steamgamesales.com/app/ and you have a direct link to the page on that specific game with pricing history.

It's only one more click and you actually get some more detailed info like the graph. To me that's more helpful than knowing something was $2.50 at one point. It doesn't tell me if that was a one off or if it goes that price at lot and thus will be likely to do so again.

Also it solves the whole currency thing because people can just set Steamgamesales.com to whatever their region is.

You can also do it with steamprices.com but there it's slightly trickier. It goes from steampowered.com/app// and change it to steamprices.com//app/, so for the US it would be steamprices.com/us/app/. You could still do it but it would either default to US or you could maybe set something up in the settings so that people can specify their region.

Anyway, I think the link solves the issue of your plugin pulling in extra data and queries while still giving a convenience feature. It's still a lot easier for me to click a direct link on a page than to go to Steamgamesales.com and deal with their heinously slow search to find the specific game page I want or to manually type in the url.

[quote name='Motoki']Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Here's my thoughts on the situation:

Why not just put a link up to that says "Click here to check pricing history on Steamgamesales.com". Since you can basically take any game's url of steampowered.com/app// and change it to steamgamesales.com/app/ and you have a direct link to the page on that specific game with pricing history.

It's only one more click and you actually get some more detailed info like the graph. To me that's more helpful than knowing something was $2.50 at one point. It doesn't tell me if that was a one off or if it goes that price at lot and thus will be likely to do so again.

Also it solves the whole currency thing because people can just set Steamgamesales.com to whatever their region is.

You can also do it with steamprices.com but there it's slightly trickier. It goes from steampowered.com/app// and change it to steamprices.com//app/, so for the US it would be steamprices.com/us/app/. You could still do it but it would either default to US or you could maybe set something up in the settings so that people can specify their region.

Anyway, I think the link solves the issue of your plugin pulling in extra data and queries while still giving a convenience feature. It's still a lot easier for me to click a direct link on a page than to go to Steamgamesales.com and deal with their heinously slow search to find the specific game page I want or to manually type in the url.
[/QUOTE]

I like it - also very easy to implement. I've got this set up this way now, but I'll probably still re-vamp it some this weekend for CURRENT prices. Anyway, thanks for the idea!

Glad to have the price information back!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job jshackles I like how it tells you the different sites. Wish you didn't have to click but that is just knit-picking on my part.

Been using this off and on since you posted in the Steam thread when you first started it. I like it a lot. I don't know when this started to happen before or after I updated to the newest version. But every time I go into the options the default color is set to black and when I click default it adds the actual default colors for each (own/wishlist) and when I click save to save it and just makes them black again. Any idea what is going on? Thanks again for a great tool too.

EDIT: I removed the extension and installed it again and same thing as well.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Been using this off and on since you posted in the Steam thread when you first started it. I like it a lot. I don't know when this started to happen before or after I updated to the newest version. But every time I go into the options the default color is set to black and when I click default it adds the actual default colors for each (own/wishlist) and when I click save to save it and just makes them black again. Any idea what is going on? Thanks again for a great tool too.

EDIT: I removed the extension and installed it again and same thing as well.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty weird. Do you only have it installed on one computer? The settings will sync from one Chrome browser to another, but updating them on the settings page *should* push your most recent settings to the "cloud". Do you have the latest version of Chrome installed?

Also, I have a few small updates for the extension - more are coming soon. Things have been a little crazy for me lately but hopefully that means I'll have a lot more free time coming up. Anyway, the Chrome extension has updated to version 2.2, which really just fixes a few bugs that several users have reported. The new version should be pushing out on Google's servers soon.

For the Firefox users, I've updated the extension to version 1.4 which adds the "Empty Cart" button on the checkout page. You can grab the latest extension here:

http://enhancedsteam.com/firefox/enhanced-steam.xpi

On a side note, Mozilla is really getting on my nerves. :whistle2:# It's been almost 3 weeks, and the extension has yet to be reviewed and certified by them. I can't update the version on their plugin page until this happens, so for now the best place to get the latest features is using the link above. Unfortunately, that won't auto-update.

Yeah, I only have it installed on one PC and yes I'm on the most recent version of Chrome. Every time I go to the settings it shows the colors as black and when I hit default they switch to it but then when I click save they turn back to black lol.
Oh well

While not strictly related to the plugin, I think that it's interesting to note that some of the Sleeping Dogs DLC has a app ID number than during the Christmas sale.

Deep Undercover Pack was 215252, now 202193
Martial Arts Pack was 215250, now 202191
Square Enix Character Pack was 215257, now 216331

Would it be possible for ES to lengthen the search results to greater than 25 items? Even all of them?

I remember reading about a feature that highlights games in your wishlist that you already own, I assume that hasn't been implemented in the firefox version yet?

Thanks for the extension by the way (especially the firefox version!) ;)

[quote name='u.v.bunny']I remember reading about a feature that highlights games in your wishlist that you already own, I assume that hasn't been implemented in the firefox version yet?

Thanks for the extension by the way (especially the firefox version!) ;)[/QUOTE]

Try this:

http://www.enhancedsteam.com/firefox/enhanced-steam.xpi

Steam's approval process supposedly takes up to 10 days, but it has been around 15 now with no approval. So until it get approved he can't update the Firefox add-on on the Firefox site.

[quote name='Draekon']Try this:

http://www.enhancedsteam.com/firefox/enhanced-steam.xpi

Steam's approval process supposedly takes up to 10 days, but it has been around 15 now with no approval. So until it get approved he can't update the Firefox add-on on the Firefox site.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, actually I did update to that version (1.4) shortly before my previous post. I take it then that it is supposed to highlight the owned games in my wishlist?

I'll try restarting firefox later and see if that makes any difference.

[quote name='dfg']Would it be possible for ES to lengthen the search results to greater than 25 items? Even all of them?[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good idea! I'll check it out and see how feasible of a features it would be. I imagine it would be something like Steamgifts+ endless scrolling feature, where once you scroll to the bottom of the page it kicks off an ajax event to load the next page of results onto the same page.

[quote name='Bort_']Any news about porting all the Chrome features to the Firefox counterpart?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I haven't had much time lately to dig into the Firefox cross-domain scripting issue. It seems needlessly complicated (as someone who's done it successfully in Chrome) but I could just be missing something. I'm going to try to sit down some time this week and figure it out. Every feature that's missing in the Firefox version is the result of this not working as it should (or me doing something wrong lol)

[quote name='u.v.bunny']I remember reading about a feature that highlights games in your wishlist that you already own, I assume that hasn't been implemented in the firefox version yet?

Thanks for the extension by the way (especially the firefox version!) ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah sorry that hasn't been put into the Firefox version yet, for the reason mentioned above. Since your wishlist is on steamcommunity.com and it tries to pull data from steampowered.com (to see if you own it) that process fails. Again, I'm looking into it and hope to have it "cracked" soon! ;)

[quote name='KaOTiK']Yeah, I only have it installed on one PC and yes I'm on the most recent version of Chrome. Every time I go to the settings it shows the colors as black and when I hit default they switch to it but then when I click save they turn back to black lol.
Oh well[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me for a while. I deleted my profile off another computer that I occasionally used and after reinstalling Chrome and ES it worked again.

[quote name='jshackles']That's a pretty good idea! I'll check it out and see how feasible of a features it would be. I imagine it would be something like Steamgifts+ endless scrolling feature, where once you scroll to the bottom of the page it kicks off an ajax event to load the next page of results onto the same page.
[/QUOTE]

Cool and thanks! Obviously it would be most useful during the big annual sales and large publisher dealies.

[quote name='Motoki']So I noticed that certain games like Rayman Origins are actually using the 3rd Party DRM field to clarify No 3rd Party DRM but Steam Enhanced is still flagging it as DRM.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't noticed this - but it's doing so because there is a keyword search for "3rd party DRM" that brings up a banner. If Steam starts listing this in all of their title pages, I may have to add an extra "Check to see if it says 'No 3rd party DRM' " routine to the code to account for those.

I can't seem to find an answer to my problem through Google/Steam so before I contact customer service I thought someone here might be able to help.

When using Steam through their browser site I no longer get a message that I own a game when I am on that game page. I'm not sure that this is related to Enhanced Steam as I have accessed my account through IE as well as Chrome with the extension disabled/uninstalled. All of my games still show under my profile and everything worked fine up until about a week ago.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

[quote name='Palinn']I can't seem to find an answer to my problem through Google/Steam so before I contact customer service I thought someone here might be able to help.

When using Steam through their browser site I no longer get a message that I own a game when I am on that game page. I'm not sure that this is related to Enhanced Steam as I have accessed my account through IE as well as Chrome with the extension disabled/uninstalled. All of my games still show under my profile and everything worked fine up until about a week ago.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?[/QUOTE]

There isn't anything in the Enhanced Steam code that would hide this, and since (it sounds like) this is also happening in IE, I can say it's some sort of error on Steam's side of things. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to contact their support to try to resolve the issue.

[quote name='jshackles']There isn't anything in the Enhanced Steam code that would hide this, and since (it sounds like) this is also happening in IE, I can say it's some sort of error on Steam's side of things. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to contact their support to try to resolve the issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I thought you might have a suggestion or two since you have become more familiar with their website workings while you developed your extension.

Of course I would have this problem during a time when your extension highlighting would be a huge help! :bomb:

So I found another example of a game getting tagged with DRM that shouldn't have:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8281/

Steam put up some really generic 'One or more products may use a key based DRM check' yadda yadda but to my knowledge this game nor the expansion does not have any extra DRM.

The developer is very anti DRM.

http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/arcen-store
NO DRM

We've been asked if our games contain any significant DRM, and the answer is, emphatically, no. Each game has a simple license key (which turns the trial version into the full version), but that's it. No need to contact our servers during install, no hidden drivers, no encryption, or install limits.

We want to make it easy on our customers, and we've never really felt like DRM works, anyway. If you like our games, please buy them so that we can make more, but we're not about to start treating our real customers like thieves just to thwart the inevitable pirates.

The simple one time license key check to unlock the trial version he is talking about is if you get the game from his site. It's been a while since I got this game on Steam but I'm pretty sure that doesn't even apply there and you just download it from Steam with no key checks or anything like that and are good.

On a completely different note, I too am finding Steam is suddenly being flakey for me about not wanting to show that I own certain games that I own (like AI War) on the game page. I don't have the energy to deal with Steam's utterly inept support after recently dealing with them on an unrelated issue, which they were completely clueless and useless about, so I'll just wait and hope someone in their tech area notices and fixes it.

[quote name='Motoki']So I found another example of a game getting tagged with DRM that shouldn't have:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8281/

Steam put up some really generic 'One or more products may use a key based DRM check' yadda yadda but to my knowledge this game nor the expansion does not have any extra DRM.

The developer is very anti DRM.

http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/arcen-store

The simple one time license key check to unlock the trial version he is talking about is if you get the game from his site. It's been a while since I got this game on Steam but I'm pretty sure that doesn't even apply there and you just download it from Steam with no key checks or anything like that and are good.

On a completely different note, I too am finding Steam is suddenly being flakey for me about not wanting to show that I own certain games that I own (like AI War) on the game page. I don't have the energy to deal with Steam's utterly inept support after recently dealing with them on an unrelated issue, which they were completely clueless and useless about, so I'll just wait and hope someone in their tech area notices and fixes it.[/QUOTE]

I looks like that flag is there because of this piece of DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/40406/ (listed as "In-Game License Key Check")

If there really is no DRM, and the developer feels strongly against it, they should contact Valve to have that removed from their product page. By default, any pack that contains a game that has DRM listed in their product page will also get flagged.

I agree about Steam support being completely clueless and useless. Some of that probably stems from the fact that there really isn't a "support department" at Valve. Or any departments at all, really.

31056697.jpg

So Mozilla has done a preliminary review of Enhanced Steam (finally) so it is now available directly at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/

The best part is, it should now update (automatically to 1.4) and continue to stay updated as changes are made. It will also show up in the search results on their site.

ADDITIONALLY: Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome is now the #1 extension for Steam on the Chrome Web Store. It has almost 2,000 active users, an average 5 star rating, 20 "+1"s, and great reviews.

THANK YOU ALL for your support!

The empty cart button works as long i click on cart again and then empty cart, if i add games and click add to cart to a game on the right side of checkout page it only remove the first game from cart.

[quote name='jshackles']I looks like that flag is there because of this piece of DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/40406/ (listed as "In-Game License Key Check")

If there really is no DRM, and the developer feels strongly against it, they should contact Valve to have that removed from their product page. By default, any pack that contains a game that has DRM listed in their product page will also get flagged.

I agree about Steam support being completely clueless and useless. Some of that probably stems from the fact that there really isn't a "support department" at Valve. Or any departments at all, really.[/QUOTE]

The whole thing with the DRM listed/not listed on the Steam pages is a bit of a mess. There's ones like that AI War listing that flag it when it shouldn't, there's games that patched out the DRM but the page didn't get updated, and then there's also a bunch that have DRM but it isn't listed at all. Spectomancer, several Focus titles etc.

While I agree it really is up to the developer and Valve to make sure the proper, current and accurate information is getting posted, it isn't getting done in some cases so that leaves it up to the buyer to have to research this info.

There's nothing that your plugin can really do about that either short of maintaining your own database because it can only go by what info the Steam page is giving.

That's why a lot of people rely on that Flibitijibibo database because it's maintained and regularly updated and just generally has more accurate info what is on the store pages.

Steam's support is completely useless. They are very obviously outsourced and very obviously not technically knowledgeable at all. That would be fine if they would at least pass on any issues to Valve, but they won't. They seem to have a real reluctance to do that and it's frustrating because you get this feeling that Valve is in some ivory tower somewhere and no one can communicate with them because you have any army of outsourced idiots that won't pass any messages along at all.

Just a heads up Jshackles, Steam just shut down the CAG Steam group and all groups related to posting deals. My guess it's because they are afraid of competition and don't want people actively posting better prices at places outside of Steam.

Wonder if you should consider altering the section where people can go find the best price for a given game. Doesn't sound like something Steam wants and may not like if you want them to consider you for employment.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just a heads up Jshackles, Steam just shut down the CAG Steam group and all groups related to posting deals. My guess it's because they are afraid of competition and don't want people actively posting better prices at places outside of Steam.

Wonder if you should consider altering the section where people can go find the best price for a given game. Doesn't sound like something Steam wants and may not like if you want them to consider you for employment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I've been thinking about shutting this feature down anyway, since there really isn't a good way to implement this effectively for everyone. That is, short of spending a LOT of time / man hours on it.

Sucks about the CAG group.

Also, the Firefox version of the extension got featured on ghacks.net (here) :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Just a heads up Jshackles, Steam just shut down the CAG Steam group and all groups related to posting deals. My guess it's because they are afraid of competition and don't want people actively posting better prices at places outside of Steam.

Wonder if you should consider altering the section where people can go find the best price for a given game. Doesn't sound like something Steam wants and may not like if you want them to consider you for employment.[/QUOTE]

related:
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33804738&postcount=22

Just got this seconds ago from Steam Support....... I feel sick
eek.gif

Hello Sammy,

I apologize for the confusion, but the investigation has been conculded.

The lock on the group is not going to be removed because advertising and sales groups are not permitted on steam.

This is covered in the SSA and the Rules of conduct.
Steam Subscriber Agreement

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
Rules of Steam Online Conduct

http://store.steampowered.com/online_conduct/

There may be more to this story than some outsourced support peeon knows about. Once the Steamgifts giveaways were done using the CAG group a ton of random people flooded into that CAG group hoping to get free stuff. I haven't checked it in ages but who knows what sorts of stuff they were talking about.

I do know for a fact that some of those groups that were shut down like Hookups were actively promoting some scheisty Russian key deals.

At any rate it's probably best to do the non-Steam based deal talk outside of Steam from now on. I will miss the one click link to the steamgamesales price history if it goes away :p but it's easy enough for me to just go up to the url bar and change the steampowered.com to steamgamesales.com I suppose.

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks for the heads up. I've been thinking about shutting this feature down anyway, since there really isn't a good way to implement this effectively for everyone. That is, short of spending a LOT of time / man hours on it.

Sucks about the CAG group.

Also, the Firefox version of the extension got featured on ghacks.net (here) :)[/QUOTE]

Ugh that's my favorite feature! Just makes it so convenient. But I understand you have to do what you have to do.

[quote name='oman19']Ugh that's my favorite feature! Just makes it so convenient. But I understand you have to do what you have to do.[/QUOTE]

I haven't entirely decided yet. There are a lot of ways I can take it. I'm kind of on the fence, but I'm leaning more towards leaving it in at the moment. Maybe it'll be a feature that's turned off by default and you'll have to go into the settings to enable it. Either that, or I'll just leave it the way it is. :)

Like Motoki said, there is probably more to this than we're thinking.

I think the link is fairly neutral and less controversial than actually pulling in pricing data and pasting into Valve's page. It's data that's already out there anyway and it's easy enough to just take your url up in the bar, change the steampowered to steamgamesales and hit enter and get to the same page.

But yeah if it's really thought that Valve might get their panties in a bunch over it the default to off unless you opt in might work. *shrug*

So... I noticed that Steam now shows games I already have in the front sales page.

Edit: NEVERMIND. I'm a retard. I had enhanced Steam installed in Firefox and I forgot.

[quote name='Motoki']I think the link is fairly neutral and less controversial than actually pulling in pricing data and pasting into Valve's page. It's data that's already out there anyway and it's easy enough to just take your url up in the bar, change the steampowered to steamgamesales and hit enter and get to the same page.

But yeah if it's really thought that Valve might get their panties in a bunch over it the default to off unless you opt in might work. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I think I'll actually just keep it set up the way it is now. I guess I don't really see it as a point of contention between Valve hiring me or not, in that unlikeliest of scenarios.

Working on a few new feature requests this weekend, and am experimenting with javascript event listeners. Also, I'm trying to tackle the cross-domain scripting issue with Firefox. So even though the new features are coming a bit slower than they used to, they're still coming!

So - last straw from current hosting company.

Moving to a new host where (hopefully) they will stop screwing with my site and shutting it off. Thank you to everyone for your donations that have made this move possible. :)

It might take a few hours (as in, 8 or so) for everything to propagate over and for me to copy the existing content and databases.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh geeze, what was their problem this time?[/QUOTE]

They decided to *arbitrarily* move my account from one shared server to another. After they were done, my homepage simply says:

biz131.inmotionhosting.com

Your IP is 68.185.2.196

After 2 hours on the phone with their support this morning, I decided it would be easier to simply switch hosting companies. Here it is almost noon and it's still not fixed. Support simply has no idea why it's broken.

I've purchased the new hosting and I'm waiting for the DNS nameserver changes to propagate so I can copy the content over. Good thing I keep backups!

EDIT:

For anyone reading this, NEVER sign up for service with InMotion Hosting. I've used them for 6 months and in that time, my site has gone down a total of 8 times. All outages which lasted over 2 hours each. Terrible support, and really just a joke considering the cost.

bread's done
Back