Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.

Hey everyone just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm going to be participating in the Extra Life gaming marathon this year representing Enhanced Steam users.

I'll be gaming for 25 straight hours starting November 2nd, all for charity.

If you're interested in donating, click here.
That's really awesome, I was hoping to see some CAGs participating ^_^ I was thinking about it myself recently as well, although I sorta came to the conclusion that I didn't know anyone that would support me and without a way to stream it would be a rather lonesome 25 hours. Nevertheless I will do my best to save what I can to support you. I don't have much extra to throw around, but I like to think anything helps even if it's small.

Sidenote: will you be streaming your marathon in any way?

That's really awesome, I was hoping to see some CAGs participating ^_^ I was thinking about it myself recently as well, although I sorta came to the conclusion that I didn't know anyone that would support me and without a way to stream it would be a rather lonesome 25 hours. Nevertheless I will do my best to save what I can to support you. I don't have much extra to throw around, but I like to think anything helps even if it's small.

Sidenote: will you be streaming your marathon in any way?
Thanks man! Like you said, every little bit helps! And it's over a month away so there's still a lot of time.

I guess if enough people were interested in watching me game I could set up a livestream/webcam for the event. I'm going to be working on a list of Steam games in my backlog that I've been wanting to play to work through for the day and may even post a schedule. Most certainly I'll be microblogging like every hour on the hour or something like that.

It'll be great fun and I'm really looking forward to it!

Is the Exclude Free to Play Games from owned option not working for anyone else? I have it checked and just to be sure I unchecked it and saved then rechecked and saved again, but on the main Steam page Prime World and War of the Vikings are showing as "owned" for me.

Is the Exclude Free to Play Games from owned option not working for anyone else? I have it checked and just to be sure I unchecked it and saved then rechecked and saved again, but on the main Steam page Prime World and War of the Vikings are showing as "owned" for me.
If the game has a price listed, it will still be highlighted normally. This seems to be the case for War of the Vikings. While it may end up being a F2P title, it currently has a price tag on Steam and everyone who owns War of the Roses was given free early access until October 4th. So that's a weird one.

Prime World isn't so weird as much as not following convention. Rather than saying "Free to Play!" or "Play for Free!" it simply says nothing. There is no data in the price div, so Enhanced Steam doesn't know how to filter this from being highlighted. At least 95% of all F2P titles list it as such in the price div, and this is how ES makes it's determination as to whether or not it should or shouldn't be evaluated. Maddeningly, DOTA2 does the same thing.

Hmm, could you do something to check for the "Free to play" genre category maybe? Both Prime World and DOTA 2 are flagged under that genre on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome changes to already awesome extension!

But is anybody having problems with changing language in Enhanced Steam? Language settings seem to be reset everytime I leave the settings page, and for some languages only the name of language changes while the whole text remains in English.

Or is it just me and something conflicting/failing on my system?

Awesome changes to already awesome extension!

But is anybody having problems with changing language in Enhanced Steam? Language settings seem to be reset everytime I leave the settings page, and for some languages only the name of language changes while the whole text remains in English.

Or is it just me and something conflicting/failing on my system?
The language is now set automatically to the language you're browsing Steam in (or at least, it should).

There are some languages on the list in the options that aren't actually available as there currently aren't any translations available. The drop down list was originally copied over from the list Steam had about a year ago.

Sorry for the confusion.

I have a feature request (Aurora user here, so forgive if it's already implemented for others).  Would it be possible to eliminate games that are not on sale from the Specials (main page link) search list?  Like if I view the list now, it's still showing things like Pinball FX - Earth Defense Table in its prior $1.01 slot, but obviously is showing the full price of $2.99 since it's no longer on sale. 

I have a feature request (Aurora user here, so forgive if it's already implemented for others). Would it be possible to eliminate games that are not on sale from the Specials (main page link) search list? Like if I view the list now, it's still showing things like Pinball FX - Earth Defense Table in its prior $1.01 slot, but obviously is showing the full price of $2.99 since it's no longer on sale.
This should be possible, I'll look into it.

Yes, very possible. It should be included in the next Chrome update, and Firefox eventually.

Bioshock 2 is getting a huge update. Everyone who owns it is getting Minerva's Den (previously you could only buy it from GFWL marketplace), GFWL is patched out, Steam achievements are added. I think Securom is patched out too but not 100% on that.

Anyway the store page still lists GFWL and Securom so ES still does as well. Not sure when/if the page will get updated.

Page was updated in the time I took to write this when I refreshed. That was fast. 

The price tracker seems to be having some issues, at least on the Firefox version

3g29EnW.png

Bioshock 2 is getting a huge update. Everyone who owns it is getting Minerva's Den (previously you could only buy it from GFWL marketplace), GFWL is patched out, Steam achievements are added. I think Securom is patched out too but not 100% on that.

Anyway the store page still lists GFWL and Securom so ES still does as well. Not sure when/if the page will get updated.

Page was updated in the time I took to write this when I refreshed. That was fast.
sweet now gfwl can't kill my save file this time ;)

I've just registered to say that ES is the best thing that happened steam!

Are Valve aware of this work? If not, maybe Enhanced should go on Greenlight? :)

[customspoiler='Minor Bug Report']
6whl.png
[/customspoiler]

I think Motoki might have already posted about this, but basically it looks like the discount percentage is overlapping on long game names. Not a big problem, but I wanted to let you know in case it was easy to fix.

I noticed a strange thing on the "badges" page. It must be something about the way texts are split.

In translated version I am getting something like: XXX card "card drops remaining" (the text in quote marks is translated but the first "card" word seems to be a redundant carry-over from the English text

and where can I notify about texts which are missing definitions, and thus cannot be translated?

I noticed a strange thing on the "badges" page. It must be something about the way texts are split.

In translated version I am getting something like: XXX card "card drops remaining" (the text in quote marks is translated but the first "card" word seems to be a redundant carry-over from the English text

and where can I notify about texts which are missing definitions, and thus cannot be translated?
Feel free to either PM me questions or you can email them to [email protected]

Just a reminder to edit your opening post as it displays features in development that are already live.

and waiting for the next update (and features :) )

Just a reminder to edit your opening post as it displays features in development that are already live.

and waiting for the next update (and features :) )
I'm working on the next version this afternoon and getting a few new features and bugfixes in. I kinda took the last few days off from coding for my birthday and to play my new Wii U.

Here is a sneak peek:

VnkEPSa.png

And thanks for the reminder about the OP. I haven't updated that in ages it seems.

I just pushed Enhanced Steam version 4.9 to Google for Chrome users. Here is the changelog:

• Non-sale games are now hidden from the "Specials" search
  • Added option to display PCGamingWiki links on store pages
  • Added ability to sort "All Games" list by install size if logged in
  • Added filter to "All Games" list for installed/not installed if logged in
  • Added pricing history and formatting support for BRL (thanks drizzle!)
  • Added Polish translation by mrmahon
  • Profile links now display on private profiles
  • The formatting of tags has changed from square to rounded
  • Options now save automatically without the need to click the save button
  • Enhanced F2P detection on homepage, genre page, and search results
It should be updating automatically within the next 60 minutes. As always, let me know if you have any issues!

• Added ability to sort "All Games" list by install size if logged in
  • Added filter to "All Games" list for installed/not installed if logged in
These just don't seem to work here for me. Anybody else? Or is it just because I am on linux?

And the lowest market prices for inventory items (I know it's experimental) - are these working for you?

These just don't seem to work here for me. Anybody else? Or is it just because I am on linux?

And the lowest market prices for inventory items (I know it's experimental) - are these working for you?
I am seeing the market prices on inventory items (USD here if it makes a difference), hiding owned games in the search list works for me too (Windows running Chrome) but I'm not seeing where the option for sort all games list by size. Maybe I'm just missing something?

By all games list I assume we mean here: http://store.steampowered.com/search/? I didn't see any options there or on the ES options page to sort by game size.

Speaking of which, the link when I click from the Enhanced Steam drop down at the top of the page to go to the options page doesn't work but takes me to a blank page. It still works if I go through Chrome > Tools > Extensions > Enhanced Steam > Options.

I know you're generally always looking for feature requests, so I've got a minor one I wondered if you could do anything about: basically I'd like a better way to rank your wishlist. Right now you have to either drag game to the top (which on longer lists can be a big pain), or enter a number in place of their current ranking which doesn't always work correctly. The easiest thing I can think of is a "send to top of list" button similar to netflix/gamefly queues, which would make it much easier to move low games to the top which could then be quickly changed around. I expect you or someone else could come up with a better solution, so I figured I'd throw it out there to see if it is/isn't something you could do, or if you actually had anything planned of the sort.

Oh, and happy (probably belated by now) birthday by the way, hope you're having fun with your new toys :D/

I am seeing the market prices on inventory items (USD here if it makes a difference)
EUR here, not seeing prices.

hiding owned games in the search list works for me too (Windows running Chrome) but I'm not seeing where the option for sort all games list by size.
I assume it's in the
http://steamcommunity.com/id/STEAMID/games?tab=allsection, but I don't get the sortingoption there. Maybe because I am on linux and it only works for windows?

Speaking of which, the link when I click from the Enhanced Steam drop down at the top of the page to go to the options page doesn't work but takes me to a blank page.
works OK for me here

Aren't owned and inventoried different things? I can't test it because I don't have any gift items wishlisted currently.
This is correct. I just added Chantelise to my wish list, knowing full well it's already in my inventory. It shows up highlighted (as a gift), but does not get removed when the current button is pressed. I'm assuming that since ES knows you have it in your inventory, a simple "Removed All Inventoried From Wishlist" button would do the trick.

it's done already. "Remove all owned from wishlist" under the wishlist
Not done yet for inventory

Aren't owned and inventoried different things? I can't test it because I don't have any gift items wishlisted currently.
Yup, two different things

This is correct. I just added Chantelise to my wish list, knowing full well it's already in my inventory. It shows up highlighted (as a gift), but does not get removed when the current button is pressed. I'm assuming that since ES knows you have it in your inventory, a simple "Removed All Inventoried From Wishlist" button would do the trick.
It should be possible, I am just hoping that jshackles can implement this function :)

Ohhh, nice! PC Gaming Wiki! I supported that on Kickstarter, now I actually get to use it as I always forget that site :) Hope you didn't get yourself another job linking all the steam games :)

A late congrats! and enjoy your new toy

So yes just to clarify the "All Games" list is http://steamcommunity.com/my/games?tab=all and the sort by size is only available if you're signed in to the Steam *client*, not just the website.

I'm not sure if this works with the Linux or OSX client, hopefully I can test that soon.  The reason you have to be signed in to the client is that's the only way Valve puts the game's size onto that page.  Without having the size, there is no way ES can sort by it.  Here is a screenshot of what it *should* look like:

xxBIhZt.png

And yes, I should be able to add some wishlist functionality as suggested.  :) 

I'm not sure if this works with the Linux or OSX client, hopefully I can test that soon.
Yes, it works if you're signed to the client. It even shows if the game is available for the particular system or not:

If you sign on in emulated windows client (eg. via wine) it shows info for windows versions.

Yes, it works if you're signed to the client. It even shows if the game is available for the particular system or not:

If you sign on in emulated windows client (eg. via wine) it shows info for windows versions.
So you can see the install sizes, but the sorting and filtering options aren't available?

they are if you are signed to the client

previously i thought it's enough if you're signed to the website, now that i know about the client requirement it's all fine

Just pushed a bugfix version 4.9.1 which addressed an issue with page formatting and also with Enhanced Steam sometimes failing to properly register the correct language.

That's all for this week, I'm afraid.  Kinda had a rough week - but version 5.0 is coming next so it might take a while to get everything for it done.

Here is a feature a user suggested: platform icons on the wishlist.  I wonder why Valve never put them there to begin with:

UcYEDIK.png

Useful feature to have platforms on the wishlist. I assume Valve was treating the wishlist more as a list of links to games and having all the relevant information be tied to 1 area: the store page for the game.  A simplistic view, but functional for most needs.

Odd thing I'm having happen in Chrome: When I go to my inventory page, the first card I click on will load up the correct current low sale price and items for sale.  After I put it on the market and go to the next card, it displays the low sale price of the previous card and clicking on the items for sale link takes me to the market page for the previous card.  I've tried clearing cache in browser and in the ES settings, but neither has had any effect. If I reload the page completely, I can pull up the new card's sale price and items for sale page, but the same error will occur when I go to the next card after that one.

Getting the following js errors now with ES. It just stopped working all of a sudden tonight. Anybody else have the same issue? Did Valve change something on their end to cause ES to fail or do I have something wrong on my end?

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: missing / (localization.js:1183)

Uncaught ReferenceError: localized_strings is not defined (enhancedsteam.js:11)

Could you put a link to the github post in your Opening Post? Saves me from having an extra bookmark among the many I already have and not having to open page after page searching for it :) tx

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301685-official-enhanced-steam-discussion-thread/page-46#entry11063487

Oh, i'm getting an error while syncing "Failed to sync this branch". Deleted my local copy and cloned it again. Perhaps add it to your guide. 

And I see this one is the same as the current one released... v5 only local? Just curious :)

Could you put a link to the github post in your Opening Post? Saves me from having an extra bookmark among the many I already have and not having to open page after page searching for it :) tx

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/301685-official-enhanced-steam-discussion-thread/page-46#entry11063487

Oh, i'm getting an error while syncing "Failed to sync this branch". Deleted my local copy and cloned it again. Perhaps add it to your guide.

And I see this one is the same as the current one released... v5 only local? Just curious :)
Done. Yes the current development version is 5.0, the currently released version is 4.9.1.

I haven't had a lot of time to devote to 5.0 the last few weeks. I'm having some legal problems (getting sued) and have a major multi-million dollar project that I'm finishing up at my day job. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a little more time to devote to it and get 5.0 ready to roll out.

bread's done
Back