Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly recommend calling ahead haha. Family Video = customer service!
Awesome, I'll do that later! I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't be the type of people that would hide a game if they noticed it was on sale..

Edit:
This worked wonders! Thankfully I noticed I had two other FV's within 15 minutes of me; one had south park (Xbox 360) for $20, and the other had wolfenstein (Xbone) for $20.

Today I picked up:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - $7.99

Punch Out (Wii) - $7.99

I had been looking for SMG2 at a decent price for awhile now and Punch Out was icing on the cake!

Damn, seeing Wolfenstein on the One for $20 is really tempting. I keep thinking I'll stop buy some of the stores here (we have at least 5, 2 within 5 minutes), but I just never feel like it. I suppose I could do it on the way home from golf, we'll see.

I finally went around town and checked out the selection at my stores. 2 had Wolfenstein on the One for $20, while a third store had it for $30. One had Skyward Sword for $10, though I think all 5 stores I went to (we have 6) had it there, just not for sale. 2 or 3 had Twilight Princess out there, but without sale stickers. One had Mario Power Tennis or whichever the Wii version is for sale as well. There were a few other, smaller Wii titles I considered, with each being $10. The problem is that I ended up buying nothing because of my disappointment. All I actually wanted was Fire Emblem, but no dice on seeing it anywhere. I was also going to buy both Super Mario Galaxy games, but none had stickers on them. It basically ended up that there were probably 7 games I would have bought if I had found Fire Emblem, but I was just too disappointed to spend money. I might hit up the last store a little later, just to finish the job, and I might go back for Wolfenstein.

The real down side is that most of the stores have their game cases facing windows, so most of them have washed-out artwork, some to a REALLY bad extent. The Skyward Sword for sale seemed to be in good shape, that franchise has just never interested me much.

I finally went around town and checked out the selection at my stores. 2 had Wolfenstein on the One for $20, while a third store had it for $30. One had Skyward Sword for $10, though I think all 5 stores I went to (we have 6) had it there, just not for sale. 2 or 3 had Twilight Princess out there, but without sale stickers. One had Mario Power Tennis or whichever the Wii version is for sale as well. There were a few other, smaller Wii titles I considered, with each being $10. The problem is that I ended up buying nothing because of my disappointment. All I actually wanted was Fire Emblem, but no dice on seeing it anywhere. I was also going to buy both Super Mario Galaxy games, but none had stickers on them. It basically ended up that there were probably 7 games I would have bought if I had found Fire Emblem, but I was just too disappointed to spend money. I might hit up the last store a little later, just to finish the job, and I might go back for Wolfenstein.

The real down side is that most of the stores have their game cases facing windows, so most of them have washed-out artwork, some to a REALLY bad extent. The Skyward Sword for sale seemed to be in good shape, that franchise has just never interested me much.
You should have asked about the non stickered stuff. I was able to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy, Kirby Dream Collection last night for $10 each and they weren't stickered and I plan on buying another copy of Skyward Sword and Fire Emblem today. I haven't had a place yet that won't sell me stuff.

I suppose I went in with too high hopes. I went to 3 different Family Videos each with Metroid Prime Trilogy and none of them would sell me a copy with the tin case. One store said it hadn't been checked out since May 29th but they still refused to sell it. One store straight up refused to check any of the games I asked about (Punch Out, Fire Emblem, Skyward Sword) because "these are Nintendo Games and there is no way they'd be for sale." One of the stores asked me where I got my information on being able to look up whether a game can be sold from and took down my name for some reason. I was honestly amazed at how rude some of the employees were.

I think it may be better to go in to the store first thing in the morning or right before they close at night. So far the late night times is when I've been luckiest.

If anyone is able to pick up extras and wants to help a CAG out I'd love to get ahold of Skyward Sword and a few other Wii games. Will pay for game/shipping/your time of course

You should have asked about the non stickered stuff. I was able to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy, Kirby Dream Collection last night for $10 each and they weren't stickered and I plan on buying another copy of Skyward Sword and Fire Emblem today. I haven't had a place yet that won't sell me stuff.
Well, like I said, Fire Emblem is all I wanted, really. I still might head to our last store a little later, but the first 5 didn't have it. I just like that franchise and haven't played a game in full since I re-beat the 2 GBA titles on an emulator a few years back (I rented the GameCube version for a couple of nights or so maybe 10 years back). The rest were just kind of "maybe I'll play them someday" games. I know that some of the stores had Kirby titles, none I noticed for-sale. I also took a peek but did not recall seeing any Metroid Trilogy steelbook versions, though there were some Metroid games (not sure if Other M or Trilogy, that's another franchise I never got into).

If anyone is able to pick up extras and wants to help a CAG out I'd love to get ahold of Skyward Sword and a few other Wii games. Will pay for game/shipping/your time of course
I could probably manage to swing back by tomorrow sometime, I'll have to check. I think that the for-sale Skyward Sword was at the store where they didn't keep the cases in direct sunlight, so it was in decent condition, if I remember correctly.

If anyone has any requests, I can check the stock locally and see what I could potentially purchase, but as I never go there and don't know the staff (in terms of having a rapport or knowing their level of friendliness), I can't make any promises on non-stickered sales.

I don't know how the hell you guys are getting non-priced games.  Every FV I go to shoots me down anytime I ask to buy anything that doesn't have a "Buy It" sticker on it.  Oh well...

Looking at the following tags:
Xbone:
$19.99: Spidey 2, Transformers, Tintanfall, Wolfenstein, MGS
$29.99: Sniper III, UFC, Watch Dogs

PS4:
Spidey, Transformers, Wolfenstein, WD, Sniper, MGS all the same
Infamous SS $29.99

I have two Family Videos around my town and would be willing to scope out things for you guys. I have limited driving privileges so weekends are kinda iffy but I can check during the week. Ones right down the road from my house, one by my work and actually one by my school. Send me a PM of what your looking for and what the price should be, and I'll pick it up for you for cost plus shipping. All I really ask is for rep in return.

Looking at the following tags:
Xbone:
$19.99: Spidey 2, Transformers, Tintanfall, Wolfenstein, MGS
$29.99: Sniper III, UFC, Watch Dogs

PS4:
Spidey, Transformers, Wolfenstein, WD, Sniper, MGS all the same
Infamous SS $29.99
I'd be so in for a $19.99 Titanfall. I may have to run and check out my local family video.

I have two Family Videos around my town and would be willing to scope out things for you guys. I have limited driving privileges so weekends are kinda iffy but I can check during the week. Ones right down the road from my house, one by my work and actually one by my school. Send me a PM of what your looking for and what the price should be, and I'll pick it up for you for cost plus shipping. All I really ask is for rep in return.
Fire Emblem on the Wii. I'd give you rep on everything forever for that, haha.

Managed to convince the local store to sell me the last untagged Kirby return to dreamland for $10!

Awesome!

Last edited:
Ended up getting metroid prime trilogy CE with steelbook for $9.99 the disc look new and case to it missing the manual and extras but for $9.99 I didn't mind. It wasn't for sale I had to ask a manager and they had no problem since they said no one has rented it in over a year

Thinking of calling a family video a town away about their pokemon soul silver and heart gold on their shelf. But the last time i was there about a month ago they were both rented out

Finally snagged my first unmarked game today.  Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) for $9.99!  I guess there are some nice employees in my area after all.

Finally snagged my first unmarked game today. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) for $9.99! I guess there are some nice employees in my area after all.
Totally peanut butter and jealous right now. We have 6 stores in-town, not a single one had that in-stock. I might run to the one just outside of town and check them out. I bought about 10 games in-town to take to Wal-Mart, plus Super Paper Mario, though I'm not really sure why I bought that.

*Update for 10/20/14-10/26/14*

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:xb1: , Destiny, $39.99, 3

:xb1: , Madden NFL 15, $39.99, 3

:ps4: , Destiny, $39.99, 3

:ps4: , Madden NFL 15, $39.99, 3

Price Drop

:360: , Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2

:360: , South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 2

:360: , Thief, $12.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $19.99, 4

:ps3: , Watch Dogs, $19.99, 2

:xb1: , Sniper Elite III, $19.99, 2

:xb1: , Watch Dogs, $19.99, 2

:ps4: , Sniper Elite III, $19.99, 2

:ps4: , Watch Dogs, $19.99, 2

Price More

:xb1: , Amazing Spiderman 2, $19.99, 1

:ps4: , Amazing Spiderman 2, $19.99, 1

I will work to bring all of you faster updates! Thanks for being patient!

P.S. Anyone know how to edit the OP without being a mod or the originator of the post?

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movies and games for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up yet, it's fast, free, and easy to do so. You're welcome!

Type of Sale

Addition

Price Drop

Price More

P.S. Anyone know how to edit the OP without being a mod or the originator of the post?

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movies and games for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up yet, it's fast, free, and easy to do so. You're welcome!
Pretty sure you can't edit another person's post, imagine the mayhem that would cause, haha. You could opt to post a new thread, but you'd have to be a mod to edit this OP for sure.

Also, there is a lot of promise in this. If Wal-Mart has a trade-in deal for Advanced Warfare, there could be a lot of $20 flips in those Destiny and Madden releases. also, Watch Dogs at $20 is definitely worth it.

Lastly, an inquiry: What are the CoD prices there, particularly the XB1/PS4 versions of Ghosts? I was going to see about picking one up for the Best Buy trade-in deal.

Type of Sale

Addition

Price Drop

Price More

Can you find these games on their website and get them mailed to you? We do not have Family Video where I live.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Type of Sale

Addition

Price Drop

Price More

Also, the way I read this is that you get 50% off the purchases that you have outlined in this post. However, I guess that's not the case. It is off rentals, correct?

Lastly, an inquiry: What are the CoD prices there, particularly the XB1/PS4 versions of Ghosts? I was going to see about picking one up for the Best Buy trade-in deal.
I know for sure the last gen versions are $19.99. Depending on your store and how many next gen versions they have, I'd say either $19.99 or $29.99. It doesn't hurt to ask ;)

Can you find these games on their website and get them mailed to you? We do not have Family Video where I live.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
You can order items from Family Video on familyvideo.com, but they won't be anywhere near these prices unfortunately.

I know for sure the last gen versions are $19.99. Depending on your store and how many next gen versions they have, I'd say either $19.99 or $29.99. It doesn't hurt to ask ;)
Yeah, we have 6 stores in-town and 3 more just outside, and the prices are MOSTLY the same, but some stores are cooler than others with selling unmarked games. One, in particular, the guy likes me because I bought about 7 games during the NBA 2K15 trade-in deal for Wal-Mart, so I might be able to get him to sell me it for $20, will have to check a little later today.

My store has several Wii games on sale for $5.99. I think Kirby Return to Dreamland may have been included as my store had 2 copies and now only has 1.

I got:

Lego Lord of the Rings

Wipeout 3

Epic Mickey 2

Tetris Party Deluxe

No More Heroes 2 (I know this is cheaper at gamestop but theres not one within 60 miles of me)

Yeah, we have 6 stores in-town and 3 more just outside, and the prices are MOSTLY the same, but some stores are cooler than others with selling unmarked games. One, in particular, the guy likes me because I bought about 7 games during the NBA 2K15 trade-in deal for Wal-Mart, so I might be able to get him to sell me it for $20, will have to check a little later today.
I'm at work right now and Ghosts for next gen (or current gen?) rings up for $49.99. If your employee is cool, they might lower it to $19.99 :) Best of luck!

What price is UFC at? 29.99 or 19.99?
At my place, it was marked $29.99. However, after reading here that it was available for $19.99, I went to FV and asked the guy (without bringing up a case, of course), and he said $19.99. I took that offer and brought up a case without the $29.99 sticker, because no way I was letting the guy change his mind, haha.

At my place, it was marked $29.99. However, after reading here that it was available for $19.99, I went to FV and asked the guy (without bringing up a case, of course), and he said $19.99. I took that offer and brought up a case without the $29.99 sticker, because no way I was letting the guy change his mind, haha.
Thanks. I thought I had read that too, but I couldn't find it anywhere while on my smartphone. Two different FV stores have it, but one has it stickered $29.99 -- the other doesn't have it stickered at all. I guess I could just bring up an unstickered case and ask to buy it. Does it scan $19.99, or do they have to manually correct it?

Thanks. I thought I had read that too, but I couldn't find it anywhere while on my smartphone. Two different FV stores have it, but one has it stickered $29.99 -- the other doesn't have it stickered at all. I guess I could just bring up an unstickered case and ask to buy it. Does it scan $19.99, or do they have to manually correct it?
It will ring up as $19.99 :)

Also, don't even bring up a case. You can just do like I did, which was go up to the front and ask, "what's the sale price on EA SPORTS UFC for the PS4?"

Picked one up for $19.99 .. brought the case up to the counter, scanned as jvang stated. Thanks guys!

Might grab Destiny at 39.99 .. but Black Friday (and Target B2G1) is around the corner.  :D/

My daughter had a doc appointment tonight, so I dropped in to the Family Video that is hoarding their games.  Seriously, they have 4 or 5 copies of Super Mario Galaxy 2 that they refuse to part with, along with every other game that I've been able to get other stores to sell.  They keep telling me that if it doesn't have a Buy It sticker, they won't sell it; no exceptions. :(

Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised to find a copy of Wolfenstein :xb1: for 12.99.  They also had a ton of 360 games that were part of the 3 for $21, nothing really of note however.

*Update for 11/10/14-11/16/14*

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

Addition

:360: , Alien: Isolation, $29.99, 3

:360: , Destiny, $39.99, 6

:ps3: , Destiny, $39.99, 3

:ps3: , Wolfenstein: New Order, $12.99, 1 :hot:

Untitled-1-1.gif
 , Alien: Isolation, $29.99, 2

:xb1: , Forza Horizon 2, $39.99, 2

Untitled-2.gif
 , Alien: Isolation, $29.99, 2

Price Drop

xbox360107.gif
 , Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1

:360: , Wolfenstein: New Order, $12.99, 1 :hot:

:xb1: , Wolfenstein: New Order, $12.99, 1 :hot:

:ps4: , Wolfenstein: New Order, $12.99, 1 :hot:

Price More

:360: , Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $19.99, 2

:360: , Battlefield 4, $19.99, 2

:360: , Enemy Front, $12.99, 1

:360: , Murdered: Soul Suspect, $12.99, 1

Thanks for being patient!

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movie and game rentals for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up yet, it's fast, free, and easy to do so. You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back