Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
My family video is the worst. They never mark anything for sale or change the price stickers on the games they do have.

I was in there today, some jerk employee stops me and "you don't need both of those cases to rent those games" well I'm buying them, so he grabs them and says tron isn't for sale. Fine, i've gotten non stickered items for the prices listed in this thread before but it's YMMV. It'll sit there and rot until it hits $4.99 just like the 10 copies of Splinter Cell Conviction they have on the shelf.

But i take AvP up to the register which is marked at $20 but I know it's $10. The cashier asks about how the game is I say it seems okay for $10 and he says, no, it's $20. Well, just ring it up, I said.

It comes up on the computer as $10 and he looks worried, talks to the other jerk employee in the back and comes back saying, well, it's $20 but I can give it to you for $10 just this once.

What kind of assholes are they to act like I'm stealing from the store because they haven't gotten around to updating the price stickers?

I realize the tron thing is YMMV if they want to sell rental copies or whatever, but I wish it was more standardized how price drops and labeling was handled in store. The whole thing was extremely confrontational just because I knew the prices better than they did in the store. I'll probably stick to online, which is a shame cause this store is right around the corner.

^^^ anyone feel free to PM me the location of the stores that are giving you problems if anyone has a situation like this above....it's frustrating to the rest of us that work in the company and actually do our jobs correctly. Although I repeat I do not have authority to issue orders, I can definitely do what I can to try to make them improve, especially when it's something like above with updating stickers..which I usually do during my off time as it takes literally less than five minutes to do.

I never shop at the stores i always get treated like i am an idiot or trying to swindle them out of money. If it rings up that price it is that price. I wonder if they overcharge people locally then the person pockets the extra $10. The thing is why do these people do it what do they gain unless they do pocket the difference.... I love the online store from day one but going to the local ones omg i only had problems and felt like i was in a hobby shop where they treat you like poo and overcharge you when they can.

[quote name='XT14']^^^ anyone feel free to PM me the location of the stores that are giving you problems if anyone has a situation like this above....it's frustrating to the rest of us that work in the company and actually do our jobs correctly. Although I repeat I do not have authority to issue orders, I can definitely do what I can to try to make them improve, especially when it's something like above with updating stickers..which I usually do during my off time as it takes literally less than five minutes to do.[/QUOTE]

My store in Lawton, seldom puts games up for sale like you post in here. What's up with that? You guys have said forever that Alan Wake is like $10, but my store won't let me buy one and I have asked several x. They always spout some BS about store quantities determine if sell or not. If that is true, and every store has a different policy, then the title of this thread should have a massive YMMV on it.

[quote name='jer7583']My family video is the worst. They never mark anything for sale or change the price stickers on the games they do have.[/QUOTE]

Ran into this problem once - https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

I had a district manager respond to me right away, and within a few days, everything was fixed. Now, things are badly outdated again.. sigh.. it's such a simple task, yet everyone ignores it. I don't get it. This thread is not YMMV, all prices are valid for all stores, but it's YMMV on whether or not an employee actually marks it. File a complaint.

prices are updated...not much to report on this week guys. Yes, the easiest way is to use the link provided up there if there are problems to be honest. I've mentioned some people can PM me also, but the above link should be more effective. I'm not going to put YMMV because it's the same as if you go to buy a game at gamestop...if they run out it's not YMMV on the deal...you just got there too late. We do protect usually 2-3 copies for rent on most games...so if you do see 2 on the shelf, don't be surprised if there aren't any for sale, but if there are 6...they need to be sold, so don't hesitate to complain in that circumstance. Good luck everyone and thanks for checking back!

So...at what price point would Splatterhouse be considered a good buy? Asking those that have played it of course... Im interested in the game, but I'm in no huge rush to get it...and I'll be kicking myself if I buy it at $20 and see it for $10 in a couple weeks.

[quote name='aspen1284']So...at what price point would Splatterhouse be considered a good buy? Asking those that have played it of course... Im interested in the game, but I'm in no huge rush to get it...and I'll be kicking myself if I buy it at $20 and see it for $10 in a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]
It's only downhill from here for this game.

I myself am way interested as well. I've seen all the reviews, and am usually very stingy when it comes to my game money, but for the kind of game this is, $20 was my price point. Though, like you, I might wait just a wee bit.

Looks like decent fun though :bouncy:

[quote name='Scorch']Are you just a store employee or are you a corporate employee?[/QUOTE]

I would assume based on his location being in OH that he is just a store employee. The headquarters is in chicago but its hardly a major corporation HQ its more of an office building with a couple dozen people.

yah i'm just a store employee, just post here in my free time. That's why I can't officially do anything if there are problems, but can just make my best attempt or offer advice.

[quote name='XT14']yah i'm just a store employee, just post here in my free time. That's why I can't officially do anything if there are problems, but can just make my best attempt or offer advice.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for doing this. It is great when employees give us the inside scoop. I bet your store kicks ass!

I went to my store and they had 2 copies of Wolfenstein (Rent 1 get 1). I asked before knowing about what you have in the first post and they said no. It sucks that I could've had the game for a few dollars more if the employee knew what she was doing. I rented it for $6.99 for 5 days. Oh yea, it would've been the same price since I burn a gallon of gas to get to and from there :(

I"m not exactly sure, but my guess would be because of the Louis Vuitton name itself. You could get the ugliest thing you've ever seen, but the second you say "oh its Louis Vuitton", everyone talks about how wonderful it looks.

-----------------------------
louis vuitton handbags

[quote name='aspen1284']So...at what price point would Splatterhouse be considered a good buy? Asking those that have played it of course... Im interested in the game, but I'm in no huge rush to get it...and I'll be kicking myself if I buy it at $20 and see it for $10 in a couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it myself, but I am waiting for a ten dollar price point.

Splatterhouse is well worth $20 just for the fact that you can unlock the classics. I bought it at launch (thanks to Kmart giving a $30 game certificate) and I didn't regret it because I knew what I was getting. It's just an everyday beat em' up with tons of gore.

[quote name='shoe478']Wow, thanks for doing this. It is great when employees give us the inside scoop. I bet your store kicks ass!

I went to my store and they had 2 copies of Wolfenstein (Rent 1 get 1). I asked before knowing about what you have in the first post and they said no. It sucks that I could've had the game for a few dollars more if the employee knew what she was doing. I rented it for $6.99 for 5 days. Oh yea, it would've been the same price since I burn a gallon of gas to get to and from there :([/QUOTE]

take it up with someone when you return it..they should be able to just have you pay the difference to purchase the game. Tell them this was your intention from the start and if they say it's not for sale, have them reference their "used game sales printable" good luck!

I sent out a message to corporate.

I referenced this thread as the way I knew more about the price drops in store than the employees and commended your hard work in promoting the company here and your customer service abilities, XT14.

I hope they're cool with you posting the price drops, I actually didn't think about that until this post. Some companies get stinky about that.

I appreciate the reference you gave them actually...I wouldn't expect there being any problem as I am basically giving them free advertisement. Thanks again.

[quote name='XT14']I appreciate the reference you gave them actually...I wouldn't expect there being any problem as I am basically giving them free advertisement. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i sent one saying how you are making there company better and never got a reply back. I was shocked i got nothing back to it was a nice email i sent. Oh well i hope enough people say it and maybe you will be hired at HQ with a pay raise! It is very hard to find people like you to give a store chain a better name.

does anyone know when the online store updates, 'cuz i haven't seen anything new in stock; also, have had nothing but good experiences as an online customers the last 3 orders i've made...

It's already updated for the week, there are some games like TFU2 on there now that weren't previously, and Kane and Lynch 2 is down to 10 bucks. There's no sure fire way of knowing when they update, just compare prices in the original post and see if they the same or at least close.

ah ha, gotcha... thanks for the tip...
if only they updated some of the in-stock games in stores to in-stock online, i'd fill my collection (not like my backlog is getting any smaller) but castlevania los and splatterhouse at $20 are some ahthings that i'd jump on...

The online sales are filled through stores that have excess copies for sale. If its a game that there isn't a lot of copies for sale throughout the company then they stick to just selling them in store to avoid and online issues or hassles. It's games where all 700+ stores have a couple copies for sale that they end up putting them online to help clear them out of the larger stores.

So if anyone is interested in items that are not available on the website I might be able to help out. Send me a pm with what item you were wanting and I can check to see if any of the local stores in Pittsburgh have them for sale. If theres a copy for sale I will pm you back and tell you what the stores telephone number is and the store managers name and they will be more then happy to sell it to you for the exact same price as you would pay if it were in stock online. The price will be exactly whats stated in the op plus 7% sales tax and 1.99 shipping. Its as simple as that. I can let you know before purchase if the item is complete (artwork and manual) or if its just artwork. Games will still be gauranteed if you have any problems with them.

okay, thanks for the input everyone. FYI so you don't have to keep looking back through posts I have updated the FAQs with a link if you are having problems with a local store. Please use this in order to help out yourself, as well as us.

Also we have a manager of a Pennsylvania store that wants to keep the sales steady in his district while at the same time helping out anyone unable to find a game locally. I have posted details at the bottom of the first post for anyone interested. Thanks again for checking the forum weekly, and good luck!

I got a message back from the manager of that store but I feel weird calling back or even going there after complaining directly about two employees. He wanted more info about what happened but I don't see how I could be any more clear. Probably just wants me to call and complain again before doing anything, if I don't call he can just ignore the complaint.

They're probably just going to be even bigger douchebags if I go back there.

[quote name='jer7583']I got a message back from the manager of that store but I feel weird calling back or even going there after complaining directly about two employees. He wanted more info about what happened but I don't see how I could be any more clear. Probably just wants me to call and complain again before doing anything, if I don't call he can just ignore the complaint.

They're probably just going to be even bigger douchebags if I go back there.[/QUOTE]

While it may hurt his feelings he needs to hear it. If an employee doesn't treat a customer right then their in the position of possibly losing that customer for life. Give them a call and explain what happened, if nothing else he will know what areas of training his staff can improve upon. As far as it being ignored when you submit an online complaint it gets sent both to the store as well as the DM so his boss will be emailing or calling him daily until he says that he has fixed the mistake.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']While it may hurt his feelings he needs to hear it. If an employee doesn't treat a customer right then their in the position of possibly losing that customer for life. Give them a call and explain what happened, if nothing else he will know what areas of training his staff can improve upon. As far as it being ignored when you submit an online complaint it gets sent both to the store as well as the DM so his boss will be emailing or calling him daily until he says that he has fixed the mistake.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree and bad workers should be canned so good people that do there jobs right get the job. It also helps others so they do not need to deal with what you dealt with in the future. I hate complaining to a store but when people really deserve it then i will.

I bet the boss heard other stuff about them from others and just needs a call to verify it was a legit case. The people doing false reports will not call them cause well they lied or made it look so much worse then it did. You will feel worse if you go there now with them there cause the boss prob did tell them about it. I would follow through and good luck with everything people like that should be fired.

[quote name='XT14']okay, thanks for the input everyone. FYI so you don't have to keep looking back through posts I have updated the FAQs with a link if you are having problems with a local store. Please use this in order to help out yourself, as well as us.

Also we have a manager of a Pennsylvania store that wants to keep the sales steady in his district while at the same time helping out anyone unable to find a game locally. I have posted details at the bottom of the first post for anyone interested. Thanks again for checking the forum weekly, and good luck![/QUOTE]
I can vouch for mrright, he tried to hook me up with UFC 2010 when it got cheap. Unfortunately, my Family Video's ineptitude would not allow things to go smoothly and I never got the game, but he put in a lot of work making calls and stuff to try to get me that game.
[quote name='Strongbad2143']Found this on sd FamilyVideo.com Groupon $10 for $20 Family Video
http://www.groupon.com/deals/familyvideo-com?c=dnb&p=5[/QUOTE]
Awesome, thanks a lot. Spiderman sounds really good at $10+shipping.
EDIT: NVM, it's not in stock I guess.

Bought a coupon. It was delivered to my e-mail about 5 minutes later, if that, and already worked on the website (despite it saying to wait a day). So, picked up Fable III for $11.98 shipped (or $21.98, for those counting the cost of the coupon).

I wish the online stock had better selections, because I'd probably stock up on these if they did. Fantastic deal.

I wish they would get Castlevania back in stock so I could use the coupon. That and Singularity are the only games I want but neither are available online. >:[

Great Price Point on Splatterhouse. Just picked this up for $25 on eBay and I'm enjoying it. Pretty good beat 'em up, ridiculously hilarious use of profanity and gore. I'm really enjoying it, even though there have been a few small gripes with the camera or platforming in 2-D.

Bit on the Groupon deal. Nothing I really want right now, but since its good til mid-June hopefully there will be a drop that interests me.

[quote name='Agmaniacmike']what if I don't have a printer, is there a way of just seeing the code once the order is processed?[/QUOTE]

You get the code in an email inside of a pdf file. Use Adobe Acrobat to view it and just copy the code out of it.

I just jumped on the Groupon deal, so how exactly does this work? Will they send a code for a gift card like the Living Social Amazon dead did?

[quote name='HydroX']You get the code in an email inside of a pdf file. Use Adobe Acrobat to view it and just copy the code out of it.[/QUOTE]You posted around the same time I did. thanks for the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back