Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait! I was planning on going into Family Video within the next few days to rent either Dead Island or Resistance 3. Maybe a nice drop will convince me to buy something!

I have a question. My store does $20 deposits for newer release games, where you pay an extra $20 upfront and then get it back when you return the game. Is this the case in every Family Video? I ask because I've never seen anything like that in any other rental store.

[quote name='Mr Blitzkrieg']Had he simply said "Hey, I don't work for Family Video anymore but I'm going to try to help you out anyway" I would've just told him thanks for the offer but I'll just take my chances online and I would've been satisfied anyway. As is I was kept in the dark the entire time with no idea what was going on.

It doesn't matter if I didn't pay him anything. Why couldn't he have just told me he wasn't going to be able to help me out weeks ago? As for him not "helping" someone it doesn't seem like too much of a loss if he doesn't even work at Family Video. Does he seem like a nice guy? Yes. Does he seem helpful in this situation? No. I can't blame him for not being able to help, but I can blame him for keeping me in the dark.[/QUOTE]

Well I apologize for not sending you daily messages to let you know that my former coworkers hadn't gotten back to me yet. I was still attempting to help out fellow cags for a place that no longer employee's me and is fighting my unemployment. Pardon me if I spent my days looking for a job and not making sure to update you with info I didn't have. This is why most people in the world won't help others out because of the instant gratification you expect to get for no money down.

I had posted in the thread but didn't want to bug XT as he isn't even in the states right now so clearly he isn't exactly an employee right now as well. Both him and me were trying to help others out with him doing way more work then me on it.

[quote name='Tsel'] My store does $20 deposits for newer release games, where you pay an extra $20 upfront and then get it back when you return the game. Is this the case in every Family Video? I ask because I've never seen anything like that in any other rental store.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that on big release titles here, not sure what the purpose is. I'm guessing it's to prevent people from starting a new account with bogus information and stealing expensive new titles.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Well I apologize for not sending you daily messages to let you know that my former coworkers hadn't gotten back to me yet. I was still attempting to help out fellow cags for a place that no longer employee's me and is fighting my unemployment. Pardon me if I spent my days looking for a job and not making sure to update you with info I didn't have. This is why most people in the world won't help others out because of the instant gratification you expect to get for no money down.

I had posted in the thread but didn't want to bug XT as he isn't even in the states right now so clearly he isn't exactly an employee right now as well. Both him and me were trying to help others out with him doing way more work then me on it.[/QUOTE]

mrright4you4now is a good dude, he helped me out on here in getting 2 games shipped out to me, the fact that anyone has audacity to complain about someone going out of their way to help them is insane, its amazing how ungrateful some people are in this world

[quote name='henry00x']mrright4you4now is a good dude, he helped me out on here in getting 2 games shipped out to me, the fact that anyone has audacity to complain about someone going out of their way to help them is insane, its amazing how ungrateful some people are in this world[/QUOTE]

I have to tell you, I was thinking the same thing.

Okay...have 3 comments here

1. Sorry no new updates this week....i'll just leave it at that...haha

2. I do thank you mrright4you4now for taking the time out to still post on here at times even though you aren't with the company....you have been very helpful getting to questions I didn't have the time for at times. I guess currently I'm not with the company at the moment either...but at the moment I plan to get my job back after returning home next year at least for a temporary income boost....but at any rate thanks again and good luck on your job search....not sure about your family situation...but maybe you should make the trip out here to Japan...decent pay and something different to clear your head a bit :D

3. As a response to the game deposits....it's because of so many new members starting accounts and not returning our game rentals....which leads to frustration with the rest of the guests as they can't rent things that haven't been returned...if you have been coming to the store for a while usually a deposit is not required though.....and although yes family video does this while other's don't....but family video doesn't require a credit card on file like others do...which they could proceed to just charge you full price for the game is it isn't returned....so it's kinda the lesser of the two evils as far as the company is concerned....the only people *typically* who should really get mad about it...are those who were planning to steal the game anyway...or those who don't have $20 (you can just opt to put a hold on your credit card for the same amount if you dont carry cash) they can put on hold for the 1-5 days you have the game...which to be honest if that's the case...you probably have other more critical things you should be putting your money towards

sorry everyone...second week in a row with no updates....usually about this time they start prepping a big list of things to clear down since october/november have so many big titles coming...lets home that happens again here soon

Bummer about the lack of updates, but thanks nonetheless!

Thanks for answering my question about the deposits as well, but I have one more question regarding them? Say I wanted to rent two games that required a $20 deposit, would I have to pay $40 or just $20?

I won a contest awhile back from you guys and got a mystery game. It turned out to be Wii fit plus. Kind of awkward considering the only way to play is to buy the balance board, which automatically comes with the game. o.o

Not gonna lie, it is kind of a buzz killer opening that box and thinking you can go sit down and play something with a few minutes :p

Not trying to complain over something free. Just saying its the first time I ever opened a box and went o_O in real life.

[quote name='Tsel']Bummer about the lack of updates, but thanks nonetheless!

Thanks for answering my question about the deposits as well, but I have one more question regarding them? Say I wanted to rent two games that required a $20 deposit, would I have to pay $40 or just $20?[/QUOTE]

depends on your standing with the store...sometimes just the 20...but again if you are newer...want to rent both games at the same time...don't be surprised if you end up having to put down 40
again it's all refundable of course on return of the game...but yah you're getting into having to bring a little bit of cash there for a rental by this point...haha

Ah, well one of my really good friends works there so I'll try to rent something on the days he's working! He doesn't give me a hard time on anything. Thanks!

[quote name='Invicta 61']Is Duke Nukem a good buy at $19.95? My store has one copy still labeled at $29.95, so it might linger for awhile but it is only one copy.[/QUOTE]

Duke Nukem isn't a good buy period.

It's the worst game I've ever played, quality speaking. I suppose it can have its' moments where it can be fun, but I would never call this a 'good' game by any means.

If you played Duke Nukem 3D and enjoyed it, you know what you're getting because it's more of the same. It's not the best game by any means, but I rented it and played through it, it was ok.

I am still waiting on my games that I ordered on September 1. It has been over ten business days since I ordered. Just try to call them or email them or what? Not a great experience first time ordering.

[quote name='Tsel']It's the worst game I've ever played, quality speaking. I suppose it can have its' moments where it can be fun, but I would never call this a 'good' game by any means.[/QUOTE]

Worst game ever quality wise? Really? It's just like Duke Nukem 3D with better graphics. This game just got super over hyped over the years and it could never meet anybodies expectations. Is it the greatest game ever? No. Is it a good game? Yes. It is at least worth a rental but no more than 20 bucks. I rented it and had a blast with it. Take it for what it is....a over the top comedic, yet generic FPS. It's either a game you will love or hate. Don't listen to others, play the demo and decide for yourself.

Yes call them. Most of the times, when i ordered games from Family Video they tend to come in a few days. However, In my experience, if you have not received the games in 10 business days, you will not be receiving them. This has happened twice to me. Call them as they should offer to reship the games for you, after it has been 10 business days.

[quote name='loc0bob']Worst game ever quality wise? Really? It's just like Duke Nukem 3D with better graphics. This game just got super over hyped over the years and it could never meet anybodies expectations. Is it the greatest game ever? No. Is it a good game? Yes. It is at least worth a rental but no more than 20 bucks. I rented it and had a blast with it. Take it for what it is....a over the top comedic, yet generic FPS. It's either a game you will love or hate. Don't listen to others, play the demo and decide for yourself.[/QUOTE]

I can't even begin to comprehend how anyone would be able to use the word good to describe this game. It's an overrated, overhyped, piece of trash. Generic, boring, and lame. Terrible platforming segments, terrible driving segments, bad shooting mechanics, etc etc. Short levels separated by long loading times, sloppy textures, overused jokes, bad level layout etc etc. I could go on and on. There is literally nothing about this game that redeems itself.

[quote name='killercane']I am still waiting on my games that I ordered on September 1. It has been over ten business days since I ordered. Just try to call them or email them or what? Not a great experience first time ordering.[/QUOTE]

yes call the eccomerce site...orders are sent to an actual B&M store and they send the item out to you...which means either theres an issue with the system there....or the employees at the store made an error...they will be sure to take care of things when you call/email though

and on another note...updates are in....not really any big 9.95 titles that I was hoping for...but the sizable list I expected is here....as well as further additions to the R1G1 and MVG games for those who frequent in store (more to come on this later hopefully) enjoy!

:ps2: All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 4.95

Does this mean I can take any PS2 game that has the "5 night MVG .99 cent" sticker on the front to the counter and buy it regardless if it has a $4.95 buy it sticker or not?

There are a few PS2 titles I want to buy but they don't have the "buy it" sticker on the front.

[quote name='Invicta 61']

Does this mean I can take any PS2 game that has the "5 night MVG .99 cent" sticker on the front to the counter and buy it regardless if it has a $4.95 buy it sticker or not?

There are a few PS2 titles I want to buy but they don't have the "buy it" sticker on the front.[/QUOTE]

that is correct...there are more games to be stickered this week with that same sticker....but everything that gets stickered as a .99 cent rental (for PS2) should be for sale for 4.95....have them check the used game sales list if they don't realize that fact

[quote name='Scorch']some of these $19.99 titles need to drop to $9.99 or my head's going to explode[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'd snap up DNF, Green Lantern, and Shadows of the Damned if they hit $10 each.

Went in tonight and they had stickered all the MVG .99 cent games with buy it stickers. I had just been in there a few days ago so this has been done recently.

Grabbed Samurai Western (no manual) and a complete copy of Rogue Galaxy. I was very suprised to get the manual since my store almost never has them. I have my eye on a copy of Persona 3 that still has the $1.99 rental sticker. Maybe I can convince them to sell it to me anyway.

Unfortunatly there was no Crysis 2 available, was hoping to get one.

Thanks for the updates XT14!

Do you need to be a member at a retail store to buy their games? I don't have one too close by, but I'll be in a city that has one this week and might want to buy some games.

No need to be a member. I don't have a membership and I buy all the time. I'm holding off until my next vacation around Christmas to sign up so I have plenty of time to take advantage of the discounted rentals.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Went in tonight and they had stickered all the MVG .99 cent games with buy it stickers. I had just been in there a few days ago so this has been done recently.

Grabbed Samurai Western (no manual) and a complete copy of Rogue Galaxy. I was very suprised to get the manual since my store almost never has them. I have my eye on a copy of Persona 3 that still has the $1.99 rental sticker. Maybe I can convince them to sell it to me anyway.

Unfortunatly there was no Crysis 2 available, was hoping to get one.

Thanks for the updates XT14![/QUOTE]

What 1.99 sticker are you referring to? If its one of the 1/2/5 night games then unless you get someone that has no clue they probably wont sell it. If however it has one of the really really really old school 1.99 7 night stickers (stopped using them 5 years ago or more) then its really a .99 game that they haven't managed to sticker right.

[quote name='Invicta 61']No need to be a member. I don't have a membership and I buy all the time. I'm holding off until my next vacation around Christmas to sign up so I have plenty of time to take advantage of the discounted rentals.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Hopefully the 2 stores there will have some goodies.

oh and p.s. before anyone brings it up....it again seems the online store isn't exactly going along with the updates this week...they added some titles that just got a price drop...but kept them at the 29.95 price instead of 19.95....feel like theyre screwing up again here in this situation with some lost sales...but hey...guess not my company..

[quote name='XT14']oh and p.s. before anyone brings it up....it again seems the online store isn't exactly going along with the updates this week...they added some titles that just got a price drop...but kept them at the 29.95 price instead of 19.95....feel like theyre screwing up again here in this situation with some lost sales...but hey...guess not my company..[/QUOTE]
Yeah i was so excited to grab the lego pirates and shadows of the damned and had my cc in hand and not updated on site. They lose enough biz not updating the site how many here buy online and not locally if we had a choice. I hate the local ones i only had my blood boil mostly when i try to buy new sale items.

So waiting on the site update if they do one. :) Watch GF hit me with deals i can not pass up and spend the $$ there. To many new games coming out these 3 months i really feeling the hit in my wallet for sure.

Finally go ahold of someone at family video. I had left a message during normal business hours 2 days ago and did not receive a phone call back. No apology or anything from the person I finally got in touch with and the guy says they can reship and it will take 5-10 more business days or do a refund. I chose the refund. Disappointed about my first and probably only order from FV.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']What 1.99 sticker are you referring to? If its one of the 1/2/5 night games then unless you get someone that has no clue they probably wont sell it. If however it has one of the really really really old school 1.99 7 night stickers (stopped using them 5 years ago or more) then its really a .99 game that they haven't managed to sticker right.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's one of the 1/2/5 night stickers but thanks for making me aware of the difference. Persona 3 is a rather old game so maybe I should re-check. My local store only updates tags when it's absolutely necessary.

A copy of Suikoden V disappeared from the shelves weeks ago without having a sticker on it, which is why i'm thinking of asking.

Wow i am first in posting this.

Free shipping friday to sunday with code 2011EMMY

Now only if they updated the website with the new store prices ahhhhhh

[quote name='XT14']yah thanks for posting that...they've been behind emailing me that info too *sigh*...anyway...i'll update the OP[/QUOTE]

No problem i was just happy to give back on this thread i love it. I got emailed the code super early in the morning it was odd and when/if they lower the prices on games on there site we got the free ship code handy. :)

Yeah Killzone 3 still 29.99 on the site, oh well bought it from GF. FV has lost a bunch of my business, by not lowering the prices on these games that you stated to be lower. Happy for Glyde and Gamefly though.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yeah Killzone 3 still 29.99 on the site, oh well bought it from GF. FV has lost a bunch of my business, by not lowering the prices on these games that you stated to be lower. Happy for Glyde and Gamefly though.[/QUOTE]

I loved ordering from them as well when they used to update the website. To tell you the truth i have not bought from them for 3 months or so now i believe. When they do lower the prices on the site i would of already found it at another place online for around same price or cheaper so they lose out on my money.

It seems like something drastic changed and someone new is doing the site division and not good at there job. Then it could be the company not caring about web sales. I have no clue but i hate the local FV stores so i will not go in them anymore even if something is to good to be true. I got treated to poorly at them. The website i never had a issue and if i did it was fixed right away. Seems like 2 different companies sometimes. :)

I hope they wakeup and update the site semi decently or they keep losing faithful customers that buy only from the site.

Apparently my local store just did a few more updates to title prices. Found Red Faction: Armageddon for $19.95 and Transformers: WFC $9.95 both PS3 and both complete with manuals. Red Faction even had unredeemed codes for Ruin Mode (even though the slip said it expired 8/7/11) and Saints Row the Third Initiation Station. These were not there just 2 days ago. Also noticed multiple copies of Infamous 2 @ $29.95. Hope they last until the next drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back