Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mizzou75']Online titles usually update every Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was wondering why the prices weren't the same as the post.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Online titles usually update every Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

So it's Wednesday and SC5 is still showing up at $29.99. Am I missing something?

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']So it's Wednesday and SC5 is still showing up at $29.99. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lame, I couldn't wait, so I had a buddy go to one and pick it up for me.

sorry, I had quite a busy week last week, so here are the prices for the past two weeks...a mostly 360 front as usual, but hopefully something interesting for some people out there

Stopped in my local store tonight. Didn't notice any new drops, but there was a table set up in front of the game room with a sign: "games $2.95 and up". I started looking and noticed there were some GameCube games mixed in with the PS2, PS3 and 360 games. Kinda odd since this store hasn't carried GC since I started going there last summer. I'm guessing these were found in the back room or shipped in to sell.

Found for $2.95 each:
:gc:Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
:gc:Digimon 4
:gc:Time Splitters future perfect
:gc:Spartan Total Warrior

None of them had the game manuals but they all had the standard GC health and safety manual and mail in registrations. Pokemon even has the Nintendo Power pamplet with PIN code.
I also picked up a copy of Dragon Age II :ps3: (complete) for $10.

Was tempted by Castlevania Shadow of Darkness $10 and Need for Speed the Run $20 but I already had enough games in hand.

Alright, sorry for the late updates...there was a big cleanup to the list. Some titles might have vanished that you saw on there before, so they are now considered YMMV in store/online. The rest of the updates should all be current...hopefully since the holiday is past there will be more standard updates here the next week. Thanks for everyone for being patient

stopped in my local store tonight and noticed they had Zelda: Skyward Sword marked for $10 and it rang up at $10...in the OP it said it was $20, so i'm not sure if it was a missed update or store only thing. Just thought I'd give a heads up on it

hobomatt: I think you got lucky on that one as it hasn't dropped nationwide unless it's Rent One Get One in your store. Nice Grab at any rate but YMMV I think.

SuperMario64: Sorry I doubt stores got enough PS3 copies for that to go on sale. It will eventually be $10 when it also goes to a Rent One Get One game, but that will probably not be until the end of the year at the earliest.

Passed on:
Punch Out! Wii $10
Metroid Prime 3 Wii $10

They're cheap enough, but I never play my Wii.
I did grab Battlefield 3 PS3 $20, though I probably should have waited.

Didn't notice any drops, but usually they only drop 360 which I don't own.

Sorry, nothing to speak of the past couple weeks for whatever reason. I posted the recent coupon code which gives free shipping through the holiday though. Happy 4th of July to those of you in the states to celebrate!

sorry again everyone, but to be honest with my schedule it's getting more and more difficult to keep constant updates going. I haven't worked for Family Video for over a year and the staff at the store I used to work at has changed a lot making getting updates more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks to everyone who has checked up on things here and I hope some people have benefited from my small contribution here.

It'd be nice if someone else can be active and take over the thread here, so if so, please let me know, or just copy and past everything over....your call.

Thanks everyone!

I don't think I've seen any different prices at the stores here recently, anyone else seen any drops? Thanks again XT14 for doing such a great job for so long!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to continue to bump the thread, but a failure to formally thank XT14 would be unacceptable. In my opinion (and hopefully the opinion of others) your contribution was not "small".

Thanks for everything!

[quote name='bgame2']Don't want to continue to bump the thread, but a failure to formally thank XT14 would be unacceptable. In my opinion (and hopefully the opinion of others) your contribution was not "small".

Thanks for everything![/QUOTE]

Agreed. If not for XT14 I would have likely never set foot in a FV location.

Thanks for all you've gone out of your way for and done for the CAG community.

XT14 made my CAG days so much fun in the past and he deserves someone taking over he is doing this a year or more after he left the company. I know for a fact how hard it is to relay info back and forth when you no longer work at a place. The former people leave and new people come and they just can care less and it slowly dwindles to omg why am i bothering anymore but he kept helping far past that i bet..

XT14 you brought that company so much money i really think you deserve internet PR job or something. I hope someone nabs you up for this type of work you got what it takes to get people to like a company and care about the people. I did not like the stores but you kept me buying anyways and that my man is hard to do when i hated the local stores that much.

Sorry rambling a bit but thank you so much and what you did over the years helped me and made many of my days turn to good days when you posted new sweet deals. TY man from the bottom of my heart.

Sadly I don't think any FV employees are CAGs or have any form of access to any of the information like XT14 had. Not to be a Debbie Downer but the scoop on FV deals is likely over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfDJJP2maQ

The Family Video marquee noted "PS3, Wii, 360 games starting at $9.95".

Stopped in and found:

:wii: Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword w/ music CD $19.95
:ps3: Starhawk $12.95
:ps3: Ghost Recon Future Soldier $19.95

There were more $9.95 games there than normal, but some of them I noticed had been there since summer.

I recently received a PM from a corporate family video rep that said they are looking to make their own thread here soon to keep updated weekly. This was within the past few weeks. I'm not sure what their timeline is on getting around to doing this, but for those who enjoyed the updates in the past, there may be some hope for seeing them again in the future.

I hope if this happens that it allows them to keep the online store more in sync as well. I know I was not the only one who was frustrated when prices matched 80% of the time, until the day when the title you were looking for didn't drop in price online properly.

I will keep everyone posted if I get any new information to speak of.

[quote name='XT14']I recently received a PM from a corporate family video rep that said they are looking to make their own thread here soon to keep updated weekly. This was within the past few weeks. I'm not sure what their timeline is on getting around to doing this, but for those who enjoyed the updates in the past, there may be some hope for seeing them again in the future.

I hope if this happens that it allows them to keep the online store more in sync as well. I know I was not the only one who was frustrated when prices matched 80% of the time, until the day when the title you were looking for didn't drop in price online properly.

I will keep everyone posted if I get any new information to speak of.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind XT that I tried getting that to happen back when we both still worked for the company. Also tried getting them to make it company wide to ship preowned games when asked. I'm sure they are still working on it....

If FV wanted easy Advertising with huge boost in sales they hould do it. Since XT stopped updating i slowly stopped looking at site. It has been months now since i checked site.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I do have a friend that recently was promoted to DM. She's not a gamer but I'll see if she can't figure out a way to keep the thread going.[/QUOTE]
Thanks i miss buying from the site. Website ordering was always top notch service.

Looks like FV added a new price point, $12.99. Both SSX and Game of Thrones (360) were $12.99. I know GoT received mediocre reviews at best, but I bit. Story is suppose to be pretty good.

Here are a couple codes that are good until 11/2. I'm pretty sure you can only use one per order.

Free Shipping - XRGXZUVN
10% off - TQQ3CSWD

Shipping is $1.99 per order, so if your order is over $20 go with the 10% code.

[quote name='GrafixGuerilla']Looks like FV added a new price point, $12.99. Both SSX and Game of Thrones (360) were $12.99. I know GoT received mediocre reviews at best, but I bit. Story is suppose to be pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Was this a sale? I'm seeing SSX for 19.99 and no sign of Game of Thrones.

[quote name='loomis1975']Was this a sale? I'm seeing SSX for 19.99 and no sign of Game of Thrones.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume he was referring to in-store. Looks like they still haven't bothered updating prices online when new cuts happen.

[quote name='mvp828']I'm going to assume he was referring to in-store. Looks like they still haven't bothered updating prices online when new cuts happen.[/QUOTE]

Correct. In store.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Anyone have a good way to remove those dougnut stickers from the discs? I was going to try using heat but I don't want to damage the disc.[/QUOTE]

A heat gun was what I always used when trying to remove them in the past. The problem is always the glue they leave behind will create kind of a haze when you wipe it off with goo gone or any other adhesive remover.

Well, stopped in tonight looking for new drops. Nothing noticable but found some new B1G1 stickers on some duplicate items for PS3:

FFXIII-2
Deus Ex
Syndicate
Flashpoint: Red River

The spare B1G1 games didn't have a for sale sticker on them but I have been able to get them for $10 each in the past just like it says in the OP. I took Syndicate and Flashpoint to the desk to buy them and was denied. They told me they no longer sell them if they don't have a sale sticker on them. They didn't even look in the computer. Not sure if this is a new policy or if these were just a couple of noobs. Regardless, I left empty handed.

Also saw for 360:
Need for Speed: The Run $12.95

Noted this because I wanted the same game for PS3, but it's still tagged at $19.95.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Anyone have a good way to remove those dougnut stickers from the discs? I was going to try using heat but I don't want to damage the disc.[/QUOTE]

I peel it off and then use GooGone on a paper towel. Wipe it down with diluted dish soap and water after.

Looks like they finally updated their website a bit for used 360/Wii games. Nothing great with all the other deals going on but I did notice Fortune Street (Wii) for $10 which may interest someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back