Official G2A Thread - BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT 24.40, The Witcher 3 27.69

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
This thread is meant to communicate current discounts on digitally delivered content. Games, DLC and other electronically delivered products.

G2A, for those who are wondering is a website that allows individuals to sell keys to others they may own for most common platforms. If you have a key PC or Console you can sell it on the site and bank the profit to purchase games and DLC you wish to own. G2A in most cases is acting as a proxy between seller and buyer similar to eBay.

When purchasing make sure you buy a key appropriate to your region NA, ROW, RUS, CIS, EU and Global are common.

They offer something called G2A Shield which guarantees the purchases against invalid key issues, I prefer to decline this as I use paypal. The Shield Auto applies and must be deselected manually (usually a checkbox below the "Pay" button)

I've purchased 19 different games and sold various XBox, PS4 and PC Codes in the past (nothing listed currently) which I used to purchase some Steam games without any issues... The items you list are subject to fees and expire after a certain period of time. XBox Live time cards sell well if you have 1/2/7 and 30 day cards lying around. Nice way to monetize stuff that seems like junk. 

For discussions about G2A and key resellers in general, please discuss in this thread.

https://www.cheapass...ng-discussions/

Simple rules, No affiliate links and no one off or ultra limited items.

So here goes. The deal of the moment is:

BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT PC Steam http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.g2a.com%2Fbatpal  -> 24.44 + fees

They also have keys for Mortal Kombat X for about 13$

https://www.g2a.com/mortal-kombat-x-cd-key-global.html

They have plenty of weekly promotions,  Booster packs, DLC and Season Passes

Midweek deal page

https://www.g2a.com/midweeksale

is showing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOG GLOBAL for 27.69

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not. Go Look. But Shrike as an X mod can you explain why a PID keeps getting added to the end of my links, is that a CAG identifier ?
I would think asking a current mod might be a better idea.

That and asking them if it's OK if CAG still allows shady sites like this that obviously aren't legal keys in any fashion for just about all users for this site.

I'm betting you'll get a glorified "we don't give a fuck" response.

I would think asking a current mod might be a better idea.

That and asking them if it's OK if CAG still allows shady sites like this that obviously aren't legal keys in any fashion for just about all users for this site.

I'm betting you'll get a glorified "we don't give a fuck" response.
I asked Dave about it when another thread from a different poster got nuked without comment. So in my ignorance I thought a generic single thread may alleviate the spamming from people trying to profit from affiliate links. I then made the mistake of thinking I had inadvertently posted an affiliate link when some bright spark came at me with the accusation. The problem with accusations is too many people just believe the first thing they read without doing a little research. I fell into the same trap for a while until I noticed the new links eventually changed to include the pid, further corroborated by looking at links in other threads. I wish I was profiting. But I know Cheapy is because the G2A ads show up all the time. So Cheapy wins.

Ah, yes. See, if you call someone a "pissy bitch" and "butthurt" then their valid criticisms and experiences stop existing! It's magic! :lol:

You're welcome to give me $20 though. It won't change my opinion on G2A or make me stop talking about it but you can pretend that you're donating to charity.
Lol... I don't have a dog in this fight but this shit is hilarious. So far I got Syntax Error ahead on the scorecard. Proceed.

I asked Dave about it when another thread from a different poster got nuked without comment. So in my ignorance I thought a generic single thread may alleviate the spamming from people trying to profit from affiliate links. I then made the mistake of thinking I had inadvertently posted an affiliate link when some bright spark came at me with the accusation. The problem with accusations is too many people just believe the first thing they read without doing a little research. I fell into the same trap for a while until I noticed the new links eventually changed to include the pid, further corroborated by looking at links in other threads. I wish I was profiting. But I know Cheapy is because the G2A ads show up all the time. So Cheapy wins.
Dave?

Dave's not here, man.

I think this answers itself.

Enough with this foolishness, I think we're done here and off to my ignore list.

I support the idea of one updated G2A thread as the g2a spammers are pretty relentless.  We can nuke all threads outside this one and make the OP a wiki as well.

tumblr_nc088uvdga1tgkjz9o1_1280.jpg

I support the idea of one updated G2A thread as the g2a spammers are pretty relentless. We can nuke all threads outside this one and make the OP a wiki as well.
Pretty much. So long as it's disclosed in the OP where the keys are coming from I don't see a problem with people making their own informed opinion/risk. Would I buy from there? Probably not unless something was dirt cheap but doesn't mean others shouldn't be made aware of the deals.

I have used the site 2 times. I did not run into any issues, but as always these places should be used with caution.
This.

Used it twice also, no issues.

But I didn't buy the cheapest price, nor did I get the "insurance". I just chose a seller with a large number of sales.

They also sell, legitimately obtained keys from things like a humble bundle, where the seller buys the package for 1-2 games.. Sells the rest there.

I have two steam games from bundles I have almost sold on there a few times. (If you read through the process of selling on there, that was one of the reasons you might sell on there that they listed.)

Not that I'd go to G2A first.. And I 100% agree that buying there is a gray area. Be safe, if you feel it's not safe.. Avoid it. If you think it's ok, fine.

wait...it costs extra to get them to maybe give you a good code, maybe?

Also, steam sale starts thursday so calm your tits ppls

...and apparently PewDiePie is a partner in their charity campaign. For what that's worth.

I wonder if they'll give those kids edible meals or say they need to be 10% hungier before they can maybe get what they were promised.

...and apparently PewDiePie is a partner in their charity campaign. For what that's worth.

I wonder if they'll give those kids edible meals or say they need to be 10% hungier before they can maybe get what they were promised.
No it doesn't cost extra, but because they sometimes act as a proxy between you and the seller (they also sell codes from the publisher directly), the insurance makes them responsible for making it right, vs working with the seller. It's basically eBay for codes.

When you sell a code you provide them with the code, for Xbox and PS the code can be validated without actually using it. But Steam uses the code without allowing you to back out of the transaction. So that creates the opportunity for mischief. eBay banned the selling of digital codes for this reason, although you do still find them.

So without the insurance you are effectively working directly with the seller. Sellers have feedback just like eBay so you can select the seller to buy from.

"Every User may purchase access to the security program for buyers („G2A Shield”). The fee for G2A Shield is displayed for each given product and is exclusive for individual products, in connection to which the User bought the G2A Shield. Every User may remove the G2A Shield option during the purchase, simply by unchecking the G2A Shield box. In the said case the fee for G2A Shield shall not be added."

It's not like eBay in that eBay is ridiculously pro-customer (perhaps to a fault) and it's trivial to get your money back from a bad deal.  G2A requires you to purchase their "shield" guarantee or else says "Screw off" if you need help.

It is like a $1 something for it per purchase, considering how much you're buying a game for, it is not unreasonable. But I get why it would be weird. I opted to just do the monthly thing where it is like $3 for a whole month of protection, not per purchase basis. It isn't going to break my bank.

Also, yeah, Steam Summer Sale starts Thursday.... So that will definitely break my bank :D/

It is like a $1 something for it per purchase, considering how much you're buying a game for, it is not unreasonable.
Paying extra to actually get an actual code is extremely unreasonable from moral/ethical (?) standpoint. Financially sure fine whatever here's a dollar go buy a handful of nothing IDC happy Christmas Mary birthika

So many ludicrous arguments, I think this board is full of Polygon drones. On the other closed thread I saw someone trying to say this site is somehow depriving developers of the full value for their games. Apparently they have not heard of used games, publishers, piracy,  steam sales, or GMG 40% off codes, or god forbid the idea that someone waits for the price to drop. 

The site connects buyers and sellers, takes a fee and offers insurance in case the seller attempts fraud (or maybe a key expires). The idea that they are somehow responsible for the moral decay of society and are forcing developers into poverty is bizarre. You may as well say God has willed that this site will win and everyone else will lose. Why I feel the need to point out all the flaws in all the idiocy I have no idea, but there you have it.

So many ludicrous arguments, I think this board is full of Polygon drones. On the other closed thread I saw someone trying to say this site is somehow depriving developers of the full value for their games. Apparently they have not heard of used games, publishers, piracy, steam sales, or GMG 40% off codes, or god forbid the idea that someone waits for the price to drop.

The site connects buyers and sellers, takes a fee and offers insurance in case the seller attempts fraud (or maybe a key expires). The idea that they are somehow responsible for the moral decay of society and are forcing developers into poverty is bizarre. You may as well say God has willed that this site will win and everyone else will lose. Why I feel the need to point out all the flaws in all the idiocy I have no idea, but there you have it.
ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

While I think the Panda dude is a tad overzealous in his defense; his fundamental point is right: it's a clearinghouse of game keys.  There are no real assurances so buyer beware.  Is there any real penalty if you buy a key from someone on CAG?  I guess they could get banned from trading or whatever but if they take your $30 and run it's not like you'll see that money again.  Use the site at your own risk.

While I think the Panda dude is a tad overzealous in his defense; his fundamental point is right: it's a clearinghouse of game keys. There are no real assurances so buyer beware. Is there any real penalty if you buy a key from someone on CAG? I guess they could get banned from trading or whatever but if they take your $30 and run it's not like you'll see that money again. Use the site at your own risk.
Common sense will make you no friends in this thread. I have set my zeal level to match the ignorance and hate. I'd rather have just posted the deal and saw people benefit from saving a few bucks. I do think most people had no clue how the site operated until now.

And Deader I'm defending not attacking, when you see me go after someone who has not thread crapped in some way, you let me know and I'll apologize.

While I think the Panda dude is a tad overzealous in his defense; his fundamental point is right: it's a clearinghouse of game keys. There are no real assurances so buyer beware. Is there any real penalty if you buy a key from someone on CAG? I guess they could get banned from trading or whatever but if they take your $30 and run it's not like you'll see that money again. Use the site at your own risk.
Common sense will make you no friends in this thread. I have set my zeal level to match the ignorance and hate. I'd rather have just posted the deal and saw people benefit from saving a few bucks. I do think most people had no clue how the site operated until now.

If you guys like these prices wait until I finish work on my "Totally legit keys not stolen from retail boxes" thread. I'm waiting on some stock to arrive from the pubs, but by the time I run some errands tonight at Best Buy, Walmart and Target I should have the keys in my posession and ready for sale.

I bought a 12 month Xbox Live subscription on there for $30 using Paypal. I had no problems. The code activated fine.

If you guys like these prices wait until I finish work on my "Totally legit keys not stolen from retail boxes" thread. I'm waiting on some stock to arrive from the pubs, but by the time I run some errands tonight at Best Buy, Walmart and Target I should have the keys in my posession and ready for sale.
You may want to stop off at redbox too.

Okay, serious question (please don't attack me).  It's obvious that this site is controversial because people have paid for codes and the codes don't work.  My question is, what would stop someone who bought a bad code from filing a chargeback with their credit card company?

Okay, serious question (please don't attack me). It's obvious that this site is controversial because people have paid for codes and the codes don't work. My question is, what would stop someone who bought a bad code from filing a chargeback with their credit card company?
Actually that's common sense. That would work, and I know for a fact that if you use a credit card via paypal, the chargeback will stick too.

Why do I know that you may ask, because I had some asshole do it to me for a piece of dlc that I sold on eBay last year. Paypal "fought" for me and then did nothing. Once the chargeback had occurred I could do nothing even though I had a bunch of proof the item was sent and redeemed.

Okay, serious question (please don't attack me). It's obvious that this site is controversial because people have paid for codes and the codes don't work. My question is, what would stop someone who bought a bad code from filing a chargeback with their credit card company?
I used PayPal because it protects my real credit card number from G2A, and PayPal has good buyer protection. I'm sure your credit card company would help in the event of a scam, but your credit card number is exposed.

This thread wouldn't be so bad if the op would stop attacking people.
I like this thread. It's weird and cultish, sort of like Scientology. You get someone to say "This is the best!" then some people say "Actually, it's not so good; here's my experience" and then out come the character attack longknives with the "people who say otherwise are drones" and "they're all pissy and butthurt" and "they're all exaggerating and lying". And the "I did it and it's great!" comments out of the woodwork. We even have someone professing how G2A has made him a better humanitarian.

A bizarre level of devotion to a website and a real hornets' nest if you dare imply that it might not be on the up and up :whee:

i hope you offer a 75% off cag friendly discount price for it.

This is my favorite thread on CAG so far. OP went on my ignore list a few years ago for trolling the Steam threads and not contributing anything useful, and now he creates his own topic and calls people names to defend his opinion. It's almost like he wanted the attention...

I used PayPal because it protects my real credit card number from G2A, and PayPal has good buyer protection. I'm sure your credit card company would help in the event of a scam, but your credit card number is exposed.
Actually this is really good advice, I had forgotten that this was why I chose to use paypal myself. Although word to the wise paypal has its own set of issues. I had my entire account frozen last year with about 5K in it from years of eBay sales. The freeze was triggered by a counterfeit monitoring company that decided my target clearance item must be counterfeit because I was selling it too cheaply. It was a nightmare to resolve, although from what I read on the web my experience was almost golden. Today I had the exact opposite problem caused by an eBay return that put my paypal account into the red. Now I cannot even buy postage until I either cover the return using a credit card or I sell enough items to make up the difference. But the more layers of protection against fraud the better right?

Note this happens on eBay all the time and my comments are not a reflection of my G2A experiences.

This is my favorite thread on CAG so far. OP went on my ignore list a few years ago for trolling the Steam threads and not contributing anything useful, and now he creates his own topic and calls people names to defend his opinion. It's almost like he wanted the attention...
You had better let Cheapy know the ignore feature is not working then, because apparently its not working for you.

As a frequent ignorer I can tell you that the problem with ignore is that everyone quotes the god damned person you are ignoring. So it's useless.

Honestly I feel like this thread should be more in the referral section than the main deals page.

Just seems like before anything that was remotely shady was deleted and not allowed to exist here to protect the members of this site but now for some strange reason it's allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back