Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='mistymayem']Pokemon Heartgold would include the Pokewalker even if it's disc only correct?[/QUOTE]

From reading posts from people on Goozex, it seems it is up to the Seller (trader). There's quite a few people who have gotten burned getting the game with the disc only (as well as disc/manual) feature and it seems the worst thing that happens is that the seller gets neutral (not negative) feedback.

Heartgold/SoulSilver are 2 "grey area" games Goozex aren't totally specific about. Full Package means the box, game, manual and pokewalker. Alot of traders do not have the original box anymore. Also, there is no clarification on the other 2 (disc/manual - disc only). It's very YTMV (your trader may vary).

IMO, I would go ahead and request it as a full package. That way, you might not get the box, but at least you know you'll get the Pokewalker. Trying to pick one up is going to run you $20 (and definitely not worth it since the game can be had brand new for around $30 now).

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']From reading posts from people on Goozex, it seems it is up to the Seller (trader). There's quite a few people who have gotten burned getting the game with the disc only (as well as disc/manual) feature and it seems the worst thing that happens is that the seller gets neutral (not negative) feedback.

Heartgold/SoulSilver are 2 "grey area" games Goozex aren't totally specific about. Full Package means the box, game, manual and pokewalker. Alot of traders do not have the original box anymore. Also, there is no clarification on the other 2 (disc/manual - disc only). It's very YTMV (your trader may vary).

IMO, I would go ahead and request it as a full package. That way, you might not get the box, but at least you know you'll get the Pokewalker. Trying to pick one up is going to run you $20 (and definitely not worth it since the game can be had brand new for around $30 now).[/QUOTE]

Argh that's what I was afraid of. I wish Goozex would just say whether or not an accessory is included with disc only on the product page for games that are in the grey area. I've always heard the rule was if the accessory is necessary to play the game, it needs to be included. But then the problem is what is "necessary"? You can play it without it but it's a major part of the game so what do you choose? You can actually play Guitar Hero without a guitar but what's the point of that? I guess I'll just have to request full package. I don't wanna be out 650 points with no Pokewalker!

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']From reading posts from people on Goozex, it seems it is up to the Seller (trader). There's quite a few people who have gotten burned getting the game with the disc only (as well as disc/manual) feature and it seems the worst thing that happens is that the seller gets neutral (not negative) feedback.

IMO, I would go ahead and request it as a full package. That way, you might not get the box, but at least you know you'll get the Pokewalker. Trying to pick one up is going to run you $20 (and definitely not worth it since the game can be had brand new for around $30 now).[/QUOTE]

Goozex's policy is any accessories that "affect the playability of the game" need to be included with the game, regardless of how the seller listed it. If you don't receive the Pokewalker, you are entitled to leave Negative feedback and get your points back. Every version of this game comes with the Pokewalker, so there's no way around it.

You're referring to this thread, most likely:

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/62302.aspx?PageIndex=3

If the buyer had left Negative feedback, the dispute would have been resolved in his favor. Since he left only a Neutral, though, the seller basically said, "Oh, I can live with that" and the buyer was stuck with a copy of the game without the Pokewalker.

I've always heard the rule was if the accessory is necessary to play the game, it needs to be included. But then the problem is what is "necessary"?

As far as the "affects the playability of a game" restriction, it's a very broad, buyer-sided clause. The Wii Wheel that comes with Mario Kart Wii, the Halo 3: ODST controller, and the Trance Vibrator in the import version of Rez are all examples of accessories that need to be included. If you don't receive them after requesting the appropriate games, leave feedback as "I received an unplayable game."

Even something like the Scene It controllers - which are not required, and somewhat dumb anyway - need to be required with their appropriate bundles.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Goozex's policy is any accessories that "affect the playability of the game" need to be included with the game, regardless of how the seller listed it. If you don't receive the Pokewalker, you are entitled to leave Negative feedback and get your points back. Every version of this game comes with the Pokewalker, so there's no way around it.

You're referring to this thread, most likely:

http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/62302.aspx?PageIndex=3

If the buyer had left Negative feedback, the dispute would have been resolved in his favor. Since he left only a Neutral, though, the seller basically said, "Oh, I can live with that" and the buyer was stuck with a copy of the game without the Pokewalker.

As far as the "affects the playability of a game" restriction, it's a very broad, buyer-sided clause. The Wii Wheel that comes with Mario Kart Wii, the Halo 3: ODST controller, and the Trance Vibrator in the import version of Rez are all examples of accessories that need to be included. If you don't receive them after requesting the appropriate games, leave feedback as "I received an unplayable game."

Even something like the Scene It controllers - which are not required, and somewhat dumb anyway - need to be required with their appropriate bundles.[/QUOTE]

not ever verison of the game comes with the walker.. i have seen them used in gamestop game only

I still say game only is Game only no walker ...

if dont have the pokewalker you can still play the game so the pokewalker does not really affect the playability of the game

now if there was a part in the game where it said INSERT pokewalker yes... But just taking your pokemon for a walk with you does not really mean you can not play the game without them

i dumped both gold and silver when they were 900 pts game only and got positive feedback on both (but i did Email the buyers telling them NO POKEWALKERS do you still want it or do you want to cancell)

When I request DS games I request full package unless I got the cases and artwork already.
And I play the game for a day or 2 before I leave feedback to make sure it's not bootleg.
I'm a lil worried about bootlegs and Im OCD about wanting the cases and manual for more complete stuff.
When you get th game for 100 points= $5 i dont wanna spend $5 more to get the cases and artwork.

That sucks about the Pokemon game. They should make a note on games that have special boxes and added extras that they need to include it for full package.
I agree with Renaissance 2K.
Maybe they can make a seperate Pokemon HG/SS listing that includes the pokewalker.
Like I got Boogie for the DS and the guy including the 3D glasses that you can use, which I didn't know you needed. DOn't think everyone would have done that.

[quote name='slidecage']not ever verison of the game comes with the walker.. i have seen them used in gamestop game only[/quote]
On Amazon, all versions come with the Pokewalker. If you remove the outer box, there's a game just like a standard retail release inside of it. The person that traded that game in did not include the Pokewalker or the outer box. Why would they? They don't get anything extra for it from GameStop. Or, one of the employees could have pilfered it.

There are used copies of Mario Kart Wii without the Wii Wheel at GameStop, too, but no equivalent retail release.

[quote name='slidecage']nI still say game only is Game only no walker ...[/quote]
That's cool. You decide Goozex policies now?

[quote name='slidecage']if dont have the pokewalker you can still play the game so the pokewalker does not really affect the playability of the game[/QUOTE]
Neither does the Wii Wheel, the Wii Zapper, the Halo 3: ODST controller, the Trance Vibrator, or the Scene It controllers, but in that very thread, mods said they need to be included.

The Pokewalker adds more functionality than any of those other accessories. There's no way this policy doesn't apply.

[quote name='slidecage']i dumped both gold and silver when they were 900 pts game only and got positive feedback on both (but i did Email the buyers telling them NO POKEWALKERS do you still want it or do you want to cancell)[/QUOTE]
You got matched with a generous or underestimating buyer. Doesn't change the fact that it's still against policy. A buyer who receives the game without the Pokewalker and without any prior approval can leave a negative and get their points back.

Bottom line: if she requests it as "game only", it's a crapshoot. If she goes ahead and does this, get the game without a Pokewalker, she'll have to leave a negative (or return the item) AND get back into the queue (or pay $20 for one).

It just makes more sense (and piece of mind) requesting it as a full package.

Little worried. My request for Uncharted was accepted earlier by someone who just joined the site yesterday.

[quote name='SEH']Little worried. My request for Uncharted was accepted earlier by someone who just joined the site yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Give it a chance, dude. Everyone starts with 0 trades when they join. It's like ebay - you have to take a chance buying from someone with 0 feedback. If it goes smoothly, you leave positive feedback.:D

Yeah, I know. I've just had negative experiences with new users most of the time. When like 90% of my trades with new users go horribly because they're retarded and don't understand what "full package" means, or they plain don't send out any item, it's kind of hard not to be worried when you get paired with someone new.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Not fair to the Canadian users, for whom tracking is ridiculously expensive.[/QUOTE]

If it's too expensive for International trades, fine. But no reason for it not to be for domestic trades, especially games over, say, 400 points.

I did get my game today. Good condition, too. Just had some GS Used stickers on it but they came off easily due to the temperature.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is it ok/fair to list a copy of Rock Band:Green day as complete if the export code has been used?[/QUOTE]

I'd say so. All those one time use codes that come with games I don't think have to be included.

[quote name='ajh2298']Is it ok/fair to list a copy of Rock Band:Green day as complete if the export code has been used?[/QUOTE]

You could always ask CAG user Goozex.:D

I can't expect that too many people would anticipate getting a code that hasn't been used for that game.

So guys... It said I was 21st in line for Bioshock. I had it on hold, activated it. Now it matched me to someone overnight :hot: Does that mean that it doesn't matter how many people are on hold, as long as they don't activate before you get your game? Like right now I have Dead Space (360) on hold, I'm 22nd in line. However, none of those people are active. So if I activated it, it's very likely that the first person to trade a copy would trade with me?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So guys... It said I was 21st in line for Bioshock. I had it on hold, activated it. Now it matched me to someone overnight :hot: Does that mean that it doesn't matter how many people are on hold, as long as they don't activate before you get your game? Like right now I have Dead Space (360) on hold, I'm 22nd in line. However, none of those people are active. So if I activated it, it's very likely that the first person to trade a copy would trade with me?[/QUOTE]
pretty much, yes
it's more important how many people have active requests ahead of you

The export code is considered one-time use DLC and doesn't need to be included.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']The export code is considered one-time use DLC and doesn't need to be included.[/QUOTE]
Just to reinforce what this dude said, you are NEVER obligated to include a DLC code EVER no matter what condition it's requested in (it's in one of Goozex's faq's).

Well, Uncharted came in today. I was hoping it'd be the original black label version, but it's a Greatest Hits copy. Other than that, good condition and everything is included. I found it funny that on the pack-in slip he put "Leave me good feedback!".

Overall, probably my best/smoothest transaction with a brand new user.

[quote name='SEH']Well, Uncharted came in today. I was hoping it'd be the original black label version, but it's a Greatest Hits copy. Other than that, good condition and everything is included. I found it funny that on the pack-in slip he put "Leave me good feedback!".

Overall, probably my best/smoothest transaction with a brand new user.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's really no way to designate Greatest/Platinum hits on the site. You just have to ask the seller next time, if you are concerned at all about which version you'll be receiving. Glad you got your game safely, though.

[quote name='shieryda']Yeah, there's really no way to designate Greatest/Platinum hits on the site. You just have to ask the seller next time, if you are concerned at all about which version you'll be receiving. Glad you got your game safely, though.[/QUOTE]

There really should be two separate versions of a game listed on the Goozex site, one for regular/original copies, and one for Greatest Hits. I mean, it's not a huge deal or anything, but I'd personally rather have the normal artwork and clear case than a red case that's got the Greatest Hits tag slapped on the artwork.

Can't fault the trader though.

[quote name='SEH']There really should be two separate versions of a game listed on the Goozex site, one for regular/original copies, and one for Greatest Hits. I mean, it's not a huge deal or anything, but I'd personally rather have the normal artwork and clear case than a red case that's got the Greatest Hits tag slapped on the artwork.

Can't fault the trader though.[/QUOTE]

You are not the first user to have brought that issue up. I don't know why they can't implement that little upgrade.

because it's an unneccesary one. the site is for game players, not collector's. You got a working copy of Game A, you play Game A, then you trade Game A back out. That's how the site is intended to work.

Certain games have a PH/GH listing if there is something within the game that makes it noticably different. Examples being Mass Effect/Fable 2, if you have the PH, you get some free DLC. GTA San Andreas, black label could be the Hot Coffee copy, and I think GH's versions are all fixed.

There are definitely different listings for the Mass Effect original release and the platinum release so it is something that they could do.

Edited to add: I should sure read the post before mine before actually posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']You are not the first user to have brought that issue up. I don't know why they can't implement that little upgrade.[/QUOTE]
It's not a little upgrade. They use a third-party for their games database, and that third-party won't differentiate Greatest Hits releases unless they have different UPCs, like many of the new Platinum Hits releases.

[quote name='jason00']There are definitely different listings for the Mass Effect original release and the platinum release so it is something that they could do.

Edited to add: I should sure read the post before mine before actually posting.[/QUOTE]

That is because the ME GH includes some DLC on a second disc, so it actually is different.

Got another game being sent to me today/tomorrow. I requested Burnout Paradise. One thing worries me about this one now, lol. The guy sending it to me apparently originally received it from another Goozex member. He left postive feedback for it, but the comment says; "there's a few scratches on it...wtf man?". He left that feedback not even a month ago. I'm assuming I'll now be receiving this scratched copy.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it was pretty hard to scratch a blu-ray disc, and if it did somehow get scratches on it, it would become basically unplayable.

[quote name='SEH']Got another game being sent to me today/tomorrow. I requested Burnout Paradise. One thing worries me about this one now, lol. The guy sending it to me apparently originally received it from another Goozex member. He left postive feedback for it, but the comment says; "there's a few scratches on it...wtf man?". He left that feedback not even a month ago. I'm assuming I'll now be receiving this scratched copy.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it was pretty hard to scratch a blu-ray disc, and if it did somehow get scratches on it, it would become basically unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to play it extensively before you leave feedback! Make sure it doesn't mess with the gameplay!

I always hold my games for 2 day grace playing period. To play them and make sure they work. Specially with DS games that are cart only. As there is lots of bootlegs out there.

Just got Final Fantasy III for the DS, 200 points and only requested game and manual as that's all there was and got a complete copy. Was pretty sweet.

I'm a sucker for 100 point DS games. You can't go wrong with a $6 DS game that is not shovelwear or Imagine tween girl games. I'm always checking the Available DS games looking for new stuff.

I find myself when Im trading on CAG that I look for games to trade on Goozex.
If they have good points and no one else is offering them and I'll be first in line.
Like now that Im trading my sealed ipod Shuffle that i won, trading maybe for Amazon GC and Uncharted 1 because its 450 points and Ill be first in line as opposed to Demon Souls that is 1000 points but has a longer line.

On the way is:
DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass- 250 complete
Eco Creatures: Save The Planet- 100 cart only
Lost Magic- 100 cart only

PC
Super Collaspe 2- 100 disc only BF loves this game

Send Out Yesterday

The Muppet Show- S3 Sealed- 300 points
Dragon Warriors III- 250 points

Help to feed my DS addiction

Does Goozex still do the bonus points for new trade-ins? I remember not too long ago they'd give you like an extra 100 points or something like that if you traded in a game within a month of it's release. I'm heavily contemplating getting rid of Madden 11, but I don't see anything about bonus points.

Wait, what? It's not even out for another month, and there's nothing on the site mentioning bonus points for that game either.

I have a question bout computer games.
I picked up a copy of Starcraft Brood Wars for
$0.25 at a yard sale.

Its the disc, manual and back artwork.
Is this considered Full Package?
Figured I'd ask before sending it out and getting negative feedback.

thx a bunch

Pretty sure full package on older PC games would also include the jewel case the disc came in, as well as the box that houses everything.

[quote name='SEH']Pretty sure full package on older PC games would also include the jewel case the disc came in, as well as the box that houses everything.[/QUOTE]

I am sure Brood Wars was available as CD case only

Here's the case art, which shows a box.

starcraftposters.jpg

It may have come both ways, I'm unsure, but I remember most PC games around that time coming in boxes with the booklet and jewel case inside.

This has been talked about on the forums before I believe. Some users don't care and will accept the game in it's jewel case, while other want everything, including the box.

[quote name='SEH']That link just shows all available games. When I checked out both the 360 and PS3 pages for DR2, there was nothing listed for bonus points since it's not yet released.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Seems dumb to me that that's the only title eligible for bonus points when it's not even going to be released for another month.

so ill post it and email them asking them what they think.
I have the game in the jewel case with the manual and back artwork.
It's only 100 not worth sending the box if thats considered full package.

thx a bunch

[quote name='SEH']Ah, I see. Seems dumb to me that that's the only title eligible for bonus points when it's not even going to be released for another month.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either. Especially since Metroid: Other M is coming out next week and that doesn't even show up for bonus points.

Dead Rising 2 has been on the list for bonus points for a few months now , I want to say as far back as May , but I still don't understand why.

A lot of games that end up getting bonus credits don't actually get listed until a week before they come out all the way up until the day of release. You would think they would want people to know about the credits earlier but oh well.

bread's done
Back