Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='Tsel']Got matched for Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. It's not much, but at least it's something.

EDIT: Wow, just looked at the trader's page. He has nearly 50 trades in just a month or two and damn near half of them are sealed. o_O[/QUOTE]

Nice! What's this guys username? I hope I get matched.

[quote name='rywateska']Nice! What's this guys username? I hope I get matched.[/QUOTE]

mgfloy03

The game he sent me was in great condition. Wasn't sealed, but it was probably just opened to play through once and then sent off. No complaints here.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Quick question for everyone. What type of feedback should be left for the sender not covering enough shipping?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's one of the options under Neutral.

[quote name='dfg']Pretty sure it's one of the options under Neutral.[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess as well. At the very least wait until there is only 1 day left before you leave feedback so the points stay in escrow until then. There is no excuse for causing the receiver to put out money to complete the transaction.

hey guyts just a quick flip for ya. Deus ex is 13 on gamefly. still worth 1000 points. Buy from gamefly and direct ship to the goozex member. YOu dont pay for shipping that way and you make a quick 1000 points.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']hey guyts just a quick flip for ya. Deus ex is 13 on gamefly. still worth 1000 points. Buy from gamefly and direct ship to the goozex member. YOu dont pay for shipping that way and you make a quick 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but with that, there's always the slight chance that the game doesn't come in the greatest condition. Everything I've ever gotten from Gamefly has been in amazing condition, but that's not the case for everyone.

True that. Ive never had a damaged game from them. Still you could have it sent to you. Accept the trade offer on goozex. Then choose ship in three days. Then either use gameflys tracking number or wait to it gets to you check it out. (take out any dlc since they all come from gamefly) and send to goozex memeber. you will still beat the 14 day window

crysis 2 is 10 and nets 700 still. La noir will get you 600 for 7 dollars.

I don't have the motivation to do some of those great flips anymore seeing as I've only been matched for about two things in the past couple of months. It sucks just having points sitting there.

Ya I actually "quit" goozex at christmas. I onloaded all my points and trade tokens. I went thru the allalible now and just got whatever I could. Ive just started back. When its working its great but it forgets about you for a long time then all of a sudden you get ten games at once. Then I dont play them and in two weeks they are cheapaer in points.

I had started trading on amazon. Its a little better in the fact you can ship stuff to them for free and their prices are better then gamestop but your still only getting pennies on the dollar. Only goozex lets you trade in a 4 month old game for a new one. If you work the new games and play and beat them in a month the quick acess pass is great on goozex.

For the price of a new game and a couple trade tokens you can techincally just keep trading out a new game you beat stright up for another new game.

[quote name='Tsel']Yeah, but with that, there's always the slight chance that the game doesn't come in the greatest condition. Everything I've ever gotten from Gamefly has been in amazing condition, but that's not the case for everyone.[/QUOTE]

The bigger problem doing direct shipping with Gamefly is that there's no delivery confirmation. I'm always leery of shipping something I can't prove got there.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Doesn't gamefly send an email with the tracking numbers? I thought they did.[/QUOTE]

Not for single games. You have to place an order with multiple games to get a tracking number.

[quote name='dfg']Pretty sure it's one of the options under Neutral.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I've never left anything other than positive or negative. Looks like the feedback I will leave in the next few days.

[quote name='neocisco']That would be my guess as well. At the very least wait until there is only 1 day left before you leave feedback so the points stay in escrow until then. There is no excuse for causing the receiver to put out money to complete the transaction.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input! It would figure, when I branch off from my norm, that I would get hit with a insufficient postage. I am not really sure who is more at fault here, the sender or the post office for allowing it to be sent with insufficient postage. I will hold off a few days on feedback, to play it since it was a disc only game and the disc was loose (no fault of sender, since it came lose when I picked it up after replacing the disc).

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']hey guyts just a quick flip for ya. Deus ex is 13 on gamefly. still worth 1000 points. Buy from gamefly and direct ship to the goozex member. YOu dont pay for shipping that way and you make a quick 1000 points.[/QUOTE]

Wow. That is a splendid idea for new users and those who have just a few points left. Good way to pad the Goozex account. I will have to remember this in a couple years when my account finally dwindles down to just a few points (it's gonna take me forever to spend the points I have now).

Is it possible to be banned from goozex forums?

Yesterday I wrote a clean, honest opinion to a thread titled "Is goozex dying" and today I am no longer able to view any of the forums on the site.

Are the forums currently down or am I the only one experiencing this?

A little disappointing if I am banned from the forums as I wrote the reply hoping to stimulate dialogue for the site to revert back to the old goozex...

I have 2800 points and haven't traded a game or movie in months! These days games that i want rarely become available. And by the time they do become available they are on sale somewhere for $15-$20 and still a 1000 points each on goozex.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I have 2800 points and haven't traded a game or movie in months! These days games that i want rarely become available. And by the time they do become available they are on sale somewhere for $15-$20 and still a 1000 points each on goozex.[/QUOTE]

At this point, considering all the cheap flips and eventual price drops on games, I value 1000 points at roughly $15-$20.

Which means the only time I'll pick up a high-point game on Goozex is if I can play it quick and trade it right back out. Otherwise, it seems better to just buy and sell it myself.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']I have 2800 points and haven't traded a game or movie in months! These days games that i want rarely become available. And by the time they do become available they are on sale somewhere for $15-$20 and still a 1000 points each on goozex.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why Goozex needs to revise their algorithms to factor in the retail market value more than it does now, and not just on the supply/demand of the games in it's database.

I think this is one of the main reasons so many people are jumping ship, because, even though you're spending cash on new games, it's easier to justify $20 for a new game as opposed to $60 for a retail copy.

They never update their release dates, either. There is a forum for submitting release date changes, but I highly doubt they read it anymore.

[quote name='shieryda']This is exactly why Goozex needs to revise their algorithms to factor in the retail market value more than it does now, and not just on the supply/demand of the games in it's database.

I think this is one of the main reasons so many people are jumping ship, because, even though you're spending cash on new games, it's easier to justify $20 for a new game as opposed to $60 for a retail copy.

They never update their release dates, either. There is a forum for submitting release date changes, but I highly doubt they read it anymore.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the creators of the site really care. The site is basically a semi-ponzi scheme. A new user joins, sends out a few games/movies (to older, established members) and then those new users are basically tied to the site, having to wait for even newer users to send them games or take a loss.

I have about 6500 points in my Goozex account. I do still trade some, but it's mostly smaller point games. I like Goozex, but I just don't bring in as many games anymore due to lack of time. That being said, I have three early access spots that will take up 3000 of my 6500 points. I am # 2 active for Twisted Metal, so I would think I should get that in soon. I also have EA's in place for Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3. While I did get a lot of trades in the past month, I guess it depends on what you're getting. For instance, I easily got the old Law & Order PC games, Far Cry Predator Instincts for 360, and Turok for PS3. I added those and either got instant trades or confirmations within a few days. That being said, I have been # 1 for Goldeneye Reloaded for PS3 for at least a month and it hasn't traded at all. So yeah, for newer games, I don't hold my breath. But I have such a huge backlog thanks to CAG, I just add games to my queue on Goozex and by the time I can get to them, like Goldeneye, I am close to or first in line...so even though I am still waiting, I am the next to get it.

Here is something interesting that happened on Goozex. First off, I have been matched with tons of people lately who forget to send the games. Then I send them messages and they admit they forgot and send them. Just odd this happened to me three times in the past few weeks. One of them, which was just a 100 point cheap Law & Order game, asked me for a cancellation with 5 days to spare, but the message he sent said he was sick, and was sorry, but he shipped the game anyway (gave me a DC #), but wanted me to accept the cancellation so I would get my points and token back for the inconvenience. I accepted. That was very nice, unnecessary, but extremely nice.

I sent a game last week and included the guide with it since I obviously don't need it anymore. The receiver was nice enough to give me a tip for it. I forget his username but if you post here, I just want to say thanks.

[quote name='mightymek']I have about 6500 points in my Goozex account. I do still trade some, but it's mostly smaller point games. I like Goozex, but I just don't bring in as many games anymore due to lack of time. That being said, I have three early access spots that will take up 3000 of my 6500 points. I am # 2 active for Twisted Metal, so I would think I should get that in soon. I also have EA's in place for Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3. While I did get a lot of trades in the past month, I guess it depends on what you're getting. For instance, I easily got the old Law & Order PC games, Far Cry Predator Instincts for 360, and Turok for PS3. I added those and either got instant trades or confirmations within a few days. That being said, I have been # 1 for Goldeneye Reloaded for PS3 for at least a month and it hasn't traded at all. So yeah, for newer games, I don't hold my breath. But I have such a huge backlog thanks to CAG, I just add games to my queue on Goozex and by the time I can get to them, like Goldeneye, I am close to or first in line...so even though I am still waiting, I am the next to get it.

Here is something interesting that happened on Goozex. First off, I have been matched with tons of people lately who forget to send the games. Then I send them messages and they admit they forgot and send them. Just odd this happened to me three times in the past few weeks. One of them, which was just a 100 point cheap Law & Order game, asked me for a cancellation with 5 days to spare, but the message he sent said he was sick, and was sorry, but he shipped the game anyway (gave me a DC #), but wanted me to accept the cancellation so I would get my points and token back for the inconvenience. I accepted. That was very nice, unnecessary, but extremely nice.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome. The coolest thing I've had happen to me on Goozex actually started off pretty rocky.

Apparently the guy sent my game to someone else and I got that guy's game. I was supposed to get the Trials HD/Limbo/Splosion Man Triple Pack, but ended up getting some disc only Street Fighter game for the PS1. Well, I was very understanding about the whole issue and wasn't really in a rush to play the game anyway. I let the guy know that I was willing to resolve this issue and no hard feelings. The other guy wasn't as understanding, apparently, and made sure the guy knew of his mistake.

When it was all said and done, I got my game about two weeks later with a little note in there and a $10 bill for the return shipping and a little extra for the inconvenience. Not at all necessary, but extremely nice nonetheless. I really wanted to tip the guy for going out of his way to ensure my satisfaction, but by the time my game actually got to me, the system had left feedback for me.

[quote name='GizmoGC']You don't seem to understand.

One article prompted this surge. Once these new users figure out there is nothing to get with all these points they got (and have to buy tokens), they will quickly redeem and leave.

It'll slink back to normality around February. But at least some people will get to blow through some of their points at the expense of new, dumb members. Trust me, you guys got very lucky. All these new games will finally be available and you can finally cash out. Sadly, new members will sift through the catalog, realize nothing is available, and leave.

I'd love to be able to trade games for games. But it's impossible when a new game comes up, you 'want it' and your 100+ in line. Whats the point?

Movies are even worse. There are only 7 Blu-ray/DVD Combo's available. why would I add anything to their system when my choice is Jonas Bros or Alvin and the Chipmunks? 8 3DS Games. Only 38 normal Blu-rays. It's all a joke.[/QUOTE]

Hey Gizmo! Looks like you were right - down to 1893 active trades. That was a quick pump and dump.

[quote name='mightymek']I have about 6500 points in my Goozex account. I do still trade some, but it's mostly smaller point games. I like Goozex, but I just don't bring in as many games anymore due to lack of time. That being said, I have three early access spots that will take up 3000 of my 6500 points. I am # 2 active for Twisted Metal, so I would think I should get that in soon. I also have EA's in place for Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3. While I did get a lot of trades in the past month, I guess it depends on what you're getting. For instance, I easily got the old Law & Order PC games, Far Cry Predator Instincts for 360, and Turok for PS3. I added those and either got instant trades or confirmations within a few days. That being said, I have been # 1 for Goldeneye Reloaded for PS3 for at least a month and it hasn't traded at all. So yeah, for newer games, I don't hold my breath. But I have such a huge backlog thanks to CAG, I just add games to my queue on Goozex and by the time I can get to them, like Goldeneye, I am close to or first in line...so even though I am still waiting, I am the next to get it.

Here is something interesting that happened on Goozex. First off, I have been matched with tons of people lately who forget to send the games. Then I send them messages and they admit they forgot and send them. Just odd this happened to me three times in the past few weeks. One of them, which was just a 100 point cheap Law & Order game, asked me for a cancellation with 5 days to spare, but the message he sent said he was sick, and was sorry, but he shipped the game anyway (gave me a DC #), but wanted me to accept the cancellation so I would get my points and token back for the inconvenience. I accepted. That was very nice, unnecessary, but extremely nice.[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty awesome way to resolve the problem. I've been having some of the same problems lately. I had a game last week that was confirmed as sent, but never came. I left negative, and the other guy never disputed it.
Currently have a trade going on where the guy said he was sending a bunch of stuff, and mine was left in the bottom of his bag when he went to the PO. No big deal, I know stuff happens, but it is the 2nd time in just over a week for it to happen.

Also, trades ARE down to 1800+, but I've gotten nearly 10 games lately.

Haven't done anything on goozex in months and just got a trade request(the only thing i had up for trade - forgot even there). Wanted to look at forums, but they are apparently down. Good stuff.

I'm assuming this has to do with the cheap Best Buy games this week thanks to the @Gamer coupons, but Goozex trades have jumped to over 2000 again, so that's a good thing.

Ya, saw 2 copies of Rage pop up.
Got Treasure World DS for 100 points.
Now have like 1800 and missed out on a TWisted MEtal that Im sure I would have never got.

I saw I could get 1000 pts for Rage ,then looked at my queue(that I haven't updated or looked at in a long time) and see i'm like 50+ in line still for everything I would want.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I saw I could get 1000 pts for Rage ,then looked at my queue(that I haven't updated or looked at in a long time) and see i'm like 50+ in line still for everything I would want.[/QUOTE]

Still activate the request if you really want it. From my experience, just because your 50+ , it doesnt necessarily mean you will have to wait for 50+ trades to finish.

[quote name='dchrisd']Still activate the request if you really want it. From my experience, just because your 50+ , it doesnt necessarily mean you will have to wait for 50+ trades to finish.[/QUOTE]

+1. I know the system for lines seems to make sense, but I don't think it does. It will say I'm 50th in line for a game I have on hold to trade out. I make it available and it seems that I generally get paired right after. I think people get an email to tell them that a game they have on hold is available and they are more likely to activate it.

[quote name='dchrisd']Still activate the request if you really want it. From my experience, just because your 50+ , it doesnt necessarily mean you will have to wait for 50+ trades to finish.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I just got a shipping confirmation today for Twisted Metal. I was # 6 in line for in thanks to an early access I used, and while I think I got it at # 5 because one dude in front of me is restricted, there were a few times when I was first in line because all of the people in front of me were restricted, so I could have gotten it sooner if someone activated it at that time...so it might be worth the gamble (unless you want Goldeneye Reloaded for PS3...been # 1 for over a month...still waiting).

[quote name='adriley313']Im 1st in line for 39 games, almost 2 pages but mostly DS games that no one wants to trade.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm first in line for 27 items... but a mix of old and new, games and movies. I seem to have hit another drought. A few of those are pretty rare and I'm not sure if I should bother re-loading on points or just let it die. I got some pretty sweet deals thanks to Goozex but I haven't sent anything decent out in over a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have actually been try to bring more trades back to goozex. Im hoping if we we all start bringing trades back more people will start using it again. I know the trading has died down here too though. Its just to easy to scam/get scammed here. Goozex is a little more secure.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I have actually been try to bring more trades back to goozex. Im hoping if we we all start bringing trades back more people will start using it again. I know the trading has died down here too though. Its just to easy to scam/get scammed here. Goozex is a little more secure.[/QUOTE]

trades are currently up to 2100, and obviously the more people willing to pump games into goozex, the better for all involved.
my only problem is I have so many games in my backlog, and I'm working through Skyrim, I won't even get around to playing a lot of the games anytime soon.

[quote name='myl0r']trades are currently up to 2100, and obviously the more people willing to pump games into goozex, the better for all involved.
my only problem is I have so many games in my backlog, and I'm working through Skyrim, I won't even get around to playing a lot of the games anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

That's my problem too. My backlog is insane, yet I keep adding to it. I am first in line for a good amount of games, and close to the top for a bunch more. But I just got Twisted Metal sent to me from Goozex yesterday, played multiplayer for an hour and a half, then put everything active on Goozex on hold...lol...I know this game is going to take up way too much of my time to bring in more games. But I'll still send some in every now and then to keep the trading going.

Hoping that with the Sears clearance and recent coupon deals at BB, that more games will start flooding into the Goozex pool.

The DS games are ridiculous, though, as someone else mentioned. You might get a decent spot in line, but if nobody has it as an offer, then you might as well look for the game at a garage sale, or a Gamestop sale.

[quote name='shieryda']Hoping that with the Sears clearance and recent coupon deals at BB, that more games will start flooding into the Goozex pool.

The DS games are ridiculous, though, as someone else mentioned. You might get a decent spot in line, but if nobody has it as an offer, then you might as well look for the game at a garage sale, or a Gamestop sale.[/QUOTE]

Yep, pretty soon Arkham City and Rage will drop in value, too. Probably Bulletstorm and Mass Effect 2 as well.

As for DS games, if those are ridiculous, what's going to happen with Vita games?

I'm first or close to first on a lot of games, too, and also suffering backlog. Working through it, though, and playing 'shorter' games earlier in my gaming queue, but that doesn't help when games like Skyrim and ME3 come out.

Rage has been at 1,000 and 900 (360 and PS3 respectively) for a LONG time. The game hasn't been more than $40 since launch, practically.

I can understand Arkham City holding it's value, but not Rage.

Sent my old Batman disc only for 1000 points. Since I picked up 2 new copies of the game.
I see a few psp games pop up and get excited.
Then I see cart only and it sinks,

[quote name='adriley313']Sent my old Batman disc only for 1000 points. Since I picked up 2 new copies of the game.
I see a few psp games pop up and get excited.
Then I see cart only and it sinks,[/QUOTE]

The irony!

bread's done
Back