Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='GizmoGC']I got a RENTLA DVD covered in stickers ... and Goozex is 100% fine with that.[/QUOTE]

Umm, no they aren't.

"In addition to this rule, if your disc contains a thick protection sticker/label from a rental store, then the item is not tradeable on Goozex as the stickers potentially cause an imbalance in the disc drive and may permanently damage the buyer's system."

[quote name='devyanks90']Umm, no they aren't.

"In addition to this rule, if your disc contains a thick protection sticker/label from a rental store, then the item is not tradeable on Goozex as the stickers potentially cause an imbalance in the disc drive and may permanently damage the buyer's system."[/QUOTE]

Screw you and your logic and your actual familiarity with the rules, man, Goozex is dead.

edit:
emotion-33.gif

[quote name='devyanks90']Umm, no they aren't.

"In addition to this rule, if your disc contains a thick protection sticker/label from a rental store, then the item is not tradeable on Goozex as the stickers potentially cause an imbalance in the disc drive and may permanently damage the buyer's system."[/QUOTE]

Tried it. Goozex "team" shot me down. If it plays, it's 100% perfect!

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Remember everyone, if you don't do it the Gizmo way, you're doing it wrong.

I always love how people always try to be down on something else, if it doesn't work for them. I've received over 400 games on goozex. Games I would have never bought. Some games I'm glad I didn't buy. But I guess that doesn't mean shit cause "the site is dying". I've received a lot of said games too in the time frame that gizmo has been boasting about the site dying as well. But you know, I'm wrong cause I'm not doing it his way.

So basically, fuck off, you really are a troll, you're loving the attention we are giving you, and making you post more. You can call us mad all you want to, but I'd rather be mad at a troll than being a pathetic fuck that only seems to want to post in this thread to get off.[/QUOTE]

So you are now resorting to personal attacks? How sad is that. You can't even type like an adult without going into full childish mode. If this is the type of members that are trading games at Goozex, no wonder the site is in on life support.

hmm that does remind me of a trade I had I sent away a used GC game, it played fine on my Wii, wouldn't play on the buyer's Wii/GC. In the end I was out 200 pts and a negative. I wasn't going to fight a negative over a few 100 pts.

I'm kinda stuck in the middle, I known Goozex was just bought or something and they are going through a management change. I was debating on wasting my 3 trade tokens and 1,000 points but I am freakin 1st in line for a "Complete" version of SNES-TMNT: Tournament Fighters, which I have been waiting forever for. Anyone have some suggestions?

If anyone has Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions for Wii you'd be totally awesome if you traded it on Goozex since its at 200 points, the exact amount I have left, and I'm first in line for it. :whistle2:D

Pretty pissed right now -- finally got matched for Mortal Kombat. An hour later, I get this message with a cancellation request:

After further examination of this website, I do not wish to use this service at all. I do not feel that it is for me given the ridiculous wait times for games. I apologize for any inconvenience and good luck using this website in the future.

Maybe investigate a service before you promise to send things out :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PR Mega X']
Maybe investigate a service before you promise to send things out :roll:[/QUOTE]

I bet you wish you had investigated goozex before you got stuck with a bunch of points...

Eh I never think of it as stuck w/pts, all my pts came from cheap flips. I've enjoyed my time with goozex and Ill keep using it as a service to supplement my gaming habit in conjunction with Cag, eBay, Amazon, and a few other places.

[quote name='yourlefthand']I bet you wish you had investigated goozex before you got stuck with a bunch of points...[/QUOTE]

Well, you sure are an idiot who assumes too much.

I've been with Goozex since near the beginning. I've made tons of trades, spending a lot less than if I'd gone out and bought all of these games. I'm currently only sitting at 1500 points -- I'm not trying to cash out, I was just looking forward to playing Mortal Kombat.

But yeah, your dumb shit response almost represents my situation.

[quote name='neocisco']This thread is becoming a douche magnet.[/QUOTE]

It's not hard when goozex has failed miserably and the last remaining people are trying to pump up there site so they can scam others to go there and trade away games/movies for points they can never use.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Well, you sure are an idiot who assumes too much.

I've been with Goozex since near the beginning. I've made tons of trades, spending a lot less than if I'd gone out and bought all of these games. I'm currently only sitting at 1500 points -- I'm not trying to cash out, I was just looking forward to playing Mortal Kombat.

But yeah, your dumb shit response almost represents my situation.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was just being snarky.

I used Goozex a bit back in the day, but left as it got worse and worse and wait times got longer and longer.

I almost shipped out a few games a month or so ago, then realized that the points were probably worthless as I would probably never get anything back for them.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Actually, I was just being snarky.

I used Goozex a bit back in the day, but left as it got worse and worse and wait times got longer and longer.

I almost shipped out a few games a month or so ago, then realized that the points were probably worthless as I would probably never get anything back for them.[/QUOTE]

Plenty of copies of Madden 2007 available!

[quote name='GizmoGC']Plenty of copies of Madden 2007 available![/QUOTE]

Lets see for over 2 years you have been saying goozex is dead, there are only shitty old sport/shovelware games and that there are only a few people trying to pump it up. Yet you have been proven wrong every day of your measly butthurt existence. So do you just continue with it since your too embarrassed that you look like a fool day in and day out that you must be right one day in the future since it has already been so long of you looking like an arse?

[quote name='GizmoGC']But there is really only sports games and shovel ware available.

I'm right.[/QUOTE]

So CoD4, Gears of War, Little Big Planet, Suikoden III, Oblivion, Saints Row 2, Guitar Heroes games, Fable III, Forza 3, Project Gotham Racing 3, Baldur's Dark Alliance games, etc. are all shovelware and old sport games?

This guy must have nothing better to do.

Every time I log into CAG and see this thread, why do I always see him in here?

Unless he's at work just bullshitting on the internet, why would he constantly waste his free time posting in this thread?

I don't understand lol

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I want to order Red Dead Redemption GOTY but I'm worried that the DLC will be missing. Is it better to just get a non DLC game?[/QUOTE]
On Xbox there's a second disc with the DLC on it and on the PS3 it is included on the game disc. Go for it :D

[quote name='yourlefthand']Actually, I was just being snarky.[/QUOTE]

Sorry -- I thought you were another Gizmo. I retract my previous pissy post :)

I didn't even know Goozex was going through this until someone mentioned the buyout in another forum.

I still love Goozex and to this day I'm sending games (Patapon 2 for PSP and Metal of Honor for the PS1) and receiving games (Mortal Kombat and Bioshock 2, both for PS3). I have 3,500 points with a mix of active and hold items ready to go (sending and receiving wise for multiple consoles).

"Trades going on [at Goozex.com] right now: 1640".

Decided to burn a few points to get my balance down. I've got Splinter Cell: DA, Fable III, and CoD: Blops coming. I don't have much interest in CoD, but I was 1st in line so might as well. I've been a Goozex member for about 3 years now, and this is the slowest I've seen the trading. I hope it makes a comeback, but people need to realize that 1000 points is not $50. All the flips from gamefly sales, etc have caused devaluation to ~ 1000 = $20.

[quote name='shady520']So CoD4, Gears of War, Little Big Planet, Suikoden III, Oblivion, Saints Row 2, Guitar Heroes games, Fable III, Forza 3, Project Gotham Racing 3, Baldur's Dark Alliance games, etc. are all shovelware and old sport games?[/QUOTE]

Old ass games. LMAO. Is that the best you can come up with?no wonder why people don't trade out brand new games. Who wants games that came out years ago that are $20 or less?

[quote name='antlp89']This guy must have nothing better to do.

Every time I log into CAG and see this thread, why do I always see him in here?

Unless he's at work just bullshitting on the internet, why would he constantly waste his free time posting in this thread?

I don't understand lol[/QUOTE]

Because its like being on the Titanic. All of you guys are just chilling at the bar while all the smart people are trying to get off.

Yeah, that's some history lesson for you!

[quote name='shady520']So CoD4, Gears of War, Little Big Planet, Suikoden III, Oblivion, Saints Row 2, Guitar Heroes games, Fable III, Forza 3, Project Gotham Racing 3, Baldur's Dark Alliance games, etc. are all shovelware and old sport games?[/QUOTE]

Let's break down this list!

CoD4 = 360 DISC ONLY, PS3 DISC ONLY

Gears of War = DISC ONLY AVAILABLE (1 actually)

Little Big Planet = AVAILABLE

BONUS! Little Big Planet GOTY Edition = NOT AVAILABLE

Suikoden III = DISC ONLY AVAILABLE (BTW, this game came out TEN years ago!)

Oblivion = 360 DISC + MANUAL Only, PS3 NOT AVAILABLE

Guitar Heroes games = LMAO. Not even going to bother with this shifest

Fable III = NOT AVAILABLE

Forza 3 = DISC ONLY AVAILABLE

Project Gotham Racing 3 = DISC ONLY

Baldur's Dark Alliance = are thou talking about the Xbox/PS2 game? REALLY?

Guess I caught someone LYING!!!! Man, DISC ONLY? WOWZERS! That's what everyone wants. They want just the disc. Who cares if they trade away their brand new copy complete with case and manual, they totally want a disc only copy of game that are 1 to TEN YEARS old! What next, gonna gush how Mario/Duck Hunt is available too?

Next time, before you LIE, you should probably check into what your post. Gotta any good comebacks? Or are you just going to start saying how Sesame Street and Rage are available? Yeah, because they are dirt cheap and everyone is flipping them

Here's the thing Gizmo, we here at cAG cannot currently take you seriously because you have friggin' Nick "98 degrees was a real band" Lachey as your avatar and you spend ALL your time bashing a site saying "all you can get is Madden 07". Let me ask you how many copies of Madden 07 are you trying to get rid of Goozex anyway?

The "death" of Goozex is a self-fulling prophecy. It requires people giving games (and movies) in turn for people to get games (and movies). If nobody is sending anything , then nobody gets anything.

Incidentally in the last six months or so I had finally run out my major stock of points and tokens from over a year ago when I had a major running of sending stuff out. Now I'm sending stuff to replenish points as I need them and it seems that not only am I sending out more stuff now then before but getting more stuff too.

Since the beginning of the year I've received 8 items (6 games , 2 movies) , 3 of which were over 500 points.
That same period of time last year I had gotten 12 games , 4 of which were over 500 points.
That same period this year I've sent out 14 items (5 games , 11 movies) , 2 of which were over 500 points.
That same period last year I sent out 9 games , none of which were over 500 points.

Now of course the numbers I just posted may refute my statement of getting more stuff but I am sending more , and to me when your constantly sending out stuff to keep a small amount of points on hand (no more than 1200 at any one time) rather than stockpilling points it makes the system feel like it works better.

Maybe I am just deluding myself , but the system works for me in addition to the other avenues of trading , and I'll utilize the options I have as long as I still have them.

[quote name='gabolous']What the heck happened to all the 360 games?![/QUOTE]

Traders pulled stock. Lots of uneasiness about wether Goozex will still be around in the coming weeks/months. Why would people continue to send out games when the site may not be around - or like you noted - there are no games available to get. Pretty much all that's left is Shovelware, sport titles, and 'flips' for easy points games.

Going down the 360 lists its all: Sport games, XBM Demo Discs (huh?!), Guitar Hero games and shovel ware. Out of the first 100 games 'available', maybe 10 are real games, 70 sports/racing, 20 Demo discs. Why would anyone want those titles? You can't even give them away.

Wait, Gizmo, you don't like Goozex? Hmmm, you learn something everyday.

Also
[quote name='GizmoGC']Traders pulled stock. Lots of uneasiness about wether Goozex will still be around in the coming weeks/months. Why would people continue to send out games when the site may not be around - or like you noted - there are no games available to get. Pretty much all that's left is Shovelware, sport titles, and 'flips' for easy points games.

Going down the 360 lists its all: Sport games, XBM Demo Discs (huh?!), Guitar Hero games and shovel ware. Out of the first 100 games 'available', maybe 10 are real games, 70 sports/racing, 20 Demo discs. Why would anyone want those titles? You can't even give them away.[/QUOTE]
Let's take a look at the 360 games that have been traded the MOST in the last 15 days, shall we?
Rage
Batman: Arkham City
Gears of War 3
Fable 3
COD: Black Ops
Once Upon A Monster
Dead Island
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Warhammer 40,000
Bring
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
AC: Revelations
Driver: San Fran
COD: MW3
El Shaddai
Mass Effect 2
Duke Nukem Forver
COD4
Skyrim
NBA 2k11
Fallout: New Vegas
Castlevania: LoS
Halo Reach
Crysis 2
Forza 3

So, the stuff that goes out the most is NOT shovelware(aside from DNF), sports games(aside from NBA 2k11, which is a great bball game) or demo discs.
Yeah, if you don't manage your queue AT ALL you are left with getting what is currently available, which is a lot of sports and demo discs. But with just a slight bit of effort, you can get some really solid games.

Don't engage the troll. He's s broken record who's just desperate for attention. Use the ignore option for him. Believe me, it works wonders.

[quote name='neocisco']Don't engage the troll. He's s broken record who's just desperate for attention. Use the ignore option for him. Believe me, it works wonders.[/QUOTE]

I tried. I just HAD to know what he was saying. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.

I decided to buy 3 more tokens and use the majority of my points before I'm done with Goozex. I picked up Oblivion (Game+Manual), All Pro Football 2K8 (Complete), and Madden 06 (Complete.) All for Xbox 360. :)

So again posting a list of flips and acting like its normal.

There is a reason why they were heavily traded - they were super cheap and Goozex is too lazy to change point values.

So which is it? There are only sports games available? Or there are a bunch of flips, which are actually popular, recent, quality games that people are using their Goozex points (i.e. not real-life cash) on?

I was going to multi-quote the 43 posts saying the former, but those seem to have evaporated.

Since when is "shovelware" and "old" considered the same thing? I'd be all over those Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band and Guitar Hero if Goozex had the instruments (or if I found the guitars at a great price).

As far as availability goes, it's all about supply and demand. For example right now Modern Warfare 3 isn't available that often, but as soon as Modern Warfare 4 or Black Ops 2 is announced (and the closer the release date for the new game is), you better believe it will be. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE '12 goes up soon now that news on WWE '13 is starting to surface.

And for the record, I've requested disc only in the past a few times - main reason being to replace a defective disc. I'd rather spend 100 points than pay $10 or more for another copy.

[quote name='Cage017']Since when is "shovelware" and "old" considered the same thing? I'd be all over those Xbox 360 versions of Rock Band and Guitar Hero if Goozex had the instruments (or if I found the guitars at a great price).[/QUOTE]

The cost of shipping alone would eviscerate any value of points received for plastic instruments and very few would trade them. You're better off just checking Craigslist where there are an abundance of plastic instruments being listed. Sure these people want high prices for fairly useless used plastic instruments, but you haggle them down and you get your plastic guitar.

[quote name='dfg']So which is it? There are only sports games available? Or there are a bunch of flips, which are actually popular, recent, quality games that people are using their Goozex points (i.e. not real-life cash) on?

I was going to multi-quote the 43 posts saying the former, but those seem to have evaporated.[/QUOTE]

Already posted a list (which got deleted) showing not all of those are even currently available. Most are Disc only copies.

Again, who in there right mind would send someone else a brand new game for 1000 points and wait for a disc only (or even COMPLETE) copy of a game that is currently $10 at Best Buy?

Goozex needs to update their points a lot quicker so these flips stop. Obviously the flippers don't care - the same ones who buy up all the cheap games to flip top Gamestop all while whining that Gamestop is an evil place that rips people off. It's really ironic.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Goozex needs to update their points a lot quicker so these flips stop. Obviously the flippers don't care - the same ones who buy up all the cheap games to flip top Gamestop all while whining that Gamestop is an evil place that rips people off. It's really ironic.[/QUOTE]

What would that do? Sellers will still flip the game; they'll just sit on their copy until the price returns to normal after the sale. It'd be the same situation that happens now, except slower.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']What would that do? Sellers will still flip the game; they'll just sit on their copy until the price returns to normal after the sale. It'd be the same situation that happens now, except slower.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, if they are being traded, obviously someone wants it. I know personally, I'd rather use excess Goozex points, even if that's 1000pts, on a game that would cost me a real life $20. If the games are trading, by flip or "normal" trade, who cares, games are still going out.

[quote name='myl0r']Regardless, if they are being traded, obviously someone wants it. I know personally, I'd rather use excess Goozex points, even if that's 1000pts, on a game that would cost me a real life $20. If the games are trading, by flip or "normal" trade, who cares, games are still going out.[/QUOTE]
And before the trolls come out and say this is because, "Everybody's liquidating their accounts," this has been the case since I joined the site four years ago. On the other hand, if a game was priced at 1000 points and not moving at all, then that's a problem.

It can be argued that demand is inflated because the points supply is inflated, but that's a different issue.

bread's done
Back