Official Guitar Hero rechargeable battery pack $9.99 at Best buy ymmv

MrChan

CAGiversary!
(note that this is my first time posting a deal)

Friday at Best Buy I was walking around and found the official guitar hero rechargeable battery packs for 10 bucks. I picked up one of them, leaving only one (looks like it's been used) left. Good alternative if they don't have any Blockhead rechargeable battery packs or if your best buy's a dick about price matching anything. YMMV

And the best buy I went to was in El Camino (California).

edit: the best buy site have the blockhead guitar hero rechargeable packs for 6 bucks but my store had them listed for 10 bucks. Try to see if they'll price match that first. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8988143&st=blockhead&type=product&id=1218007399585

edit: If you're afraid that's a referral link, it isn't, but if you don't trust me, you can go to best buy's website and search it

If that isnt' a cag referral link which it doesn't look like then you might want to take that out. Just a suggestion

and it's listing at 5.99 on the site. Not a bad deal really

I picked up an open box one of these for $4 about two weeks back. They're not bad, but they were obviously designed for the Les Paul guitar rather than the World Tour guitar. I couldn't actually get the positive end of one side to meet with the metal of the guitar's battery area. You might have to do a little tampering with some stuff in the battery area of the World Tour guitar to get this to work.

[quote name='FierceDeityLink1']These were only $2.99 a piece a few weeks ago (9/16, new). Works fine for me with the World Tour guitar.[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 (1 for WT guitar and 1 for drums) and I can't get them to work. Like Nirron there's a gap on the other end that doesn't make contact with positive side of the guitar.

Hopefully this picture makes sense

batterypack.jpg

Without the second prong there's no connection so no power. Did you have to do anything special to make them work?

I looked at these last night at a BB near me...and ended up just buying a 4X pack of the Rayovac Hybrid AA's instead for $10. I wanted to get 2, as my rechargeables that I use in both of my les paul's are starting to shit the bed, but screw it, and just got a set of the AA's, because they're usable elsewhere too...and it doesn't add yet another charger to my growing collection of chargers for different things. They weren't doing it for me at $6, and certainly if they won't work with future guitars...

bread's done
Back