official job discounts and benifits thread

JakeT81588

CAGiversary!
Although I have no authority to be doing this (actually i dont know if you need any) and this is prob the wrong thread, here it goes anyway. im 15 years old and work at a McDonalds in Maine. Yes it sucks. But guess what, we get 50% all meals! what a crock of umm poo. With all the money McDonalds makes per year you would think they could give there employees a free meal. oh well lol. But post here where you work and what you get for discounts on various products etc... just a fun idea to keep me busy. thanks

---jaket

I worked at Walgreen's and they gave us 10% also. Big whoop. I also worked at Sports Authority and got 25% off. It wasn't much but suddenly I became very popular within my own extended family and my friends' family.

I only told a couple of close friends and my parents my code though, because I didn't want a horde of crazy Filipinos rushing the store.

I get uhm paid vacation, housing (paid utilities), most weekends off, uhm...access to fitness centers, get paid to stay in shape...100% tuition (I still got to pay for books). I guess that is about it.

I worked at a bank and I got a free bank account. And I got lower intrest rate on my CC. I could get free cashier checks made. And a few other perks.

Works for an Airline:

1) 75-90% Industry discount, Space Available travel only.
2) Travel benefits on our Flights, we can choose FREE or pay (lots of guidelines on this one)
3) Death or Critical condition of an immediate family, we can hop on the next flight if we want to.. I have used this once.
4) I pay like $15/mo for Medical and Dental insurance :p

I worked at Best Buy during the holiday season and my discount was 5% overcost. It was nice cuz I could get cables that are usually $40 for like $5.

I just got a job at Borders and we get 33% off everything except DVD which are 20%. On employee appreciation days we get 40% off...I hear there are some borders that sell video game...hmmmm.

[quote name='MrBrando']I just got a job at Borders and we get 33% off everything except DVD which are 20%. On employee appreciation days we get 40% off...I hear there are some borders that sell video game...hmmmm.[/quote]

Well, what are you waiting for? Time to call up all the stores in the area and ask! :D 33% is very nice. I worked in a retail store that sells games several years ago and had a 25% discount, except no discount on systems. That's pretty decent, especially on the new stuff ($37.50 for any $50 new game).

I work at Gamestop, and I get 20% off of everything except new systems. Since GS is also affiliated with Barnes and Noble, I get 30% off there as well. Around late november/early december, we have employee appreciation, where it's 30% at GS and 40% off B&N. The B&N in my area actually had a special employee appreciation event where the store opened an hour early just for employees to shop, and they served donuts and juice and stuff.

[quote name='gamefreak']GS and B&N are affiliated?! Sweetness! Any other affiliates?[/quote]

B&N owns:

GameStop
B. Dalton
Software, Etc.
Babbages
Funcoland

I worked at McDonals also and its not 50 percent off meals.

Its 10-15 percent (I forogt which one) and its whenever you go in. 50 percent is before you come into work and after you leave and you get a free value meal for your lunch.

I was pissed because my brother picked me up and wanted food so he ordered some and they wouldn't give me my discount so I had to order it myself :whistle2:O. When I stopped working I would get like 5 value meals :p

damn i worked at McD's and all i got was a free lunch (so there IS such a thing!) a simple value meal during break and that was it. looks like good news with gamestop. im applying for a job there and a discount is noce. plus you get dibs.

You guys are complaining about free food? Thats rediculous.

25% off Toys and Video Game Accesories
10% off games

KB Toys

At EB, I get 15% off everything except systems. They normally run 20% employee discount weeks during the holidays, however. The employee discounts also stack with the 10% GMR discount on pre-played stuff.

EB also starting providing cheap health, life, short-term disability, and dental insurance to part-timers.

I always wanted to mention this but it seemed difficult to set up but with all of us in here and our many discounts ( I get none ) This is my proposal, in example form...

Joe works at gamestop and fred works at target both need something from the other store they could use each others discounts and trade in that fashion. In a sense we could get whatever we wanted for at leat 20% off if we surfed those channels!
Since I have no discouts to give up, I should get credit for the idea and get unlimited access to everybodies discounts.

Think about that

[quote name='scuba']I worked at McDonals also and its not 50 percent off meals.

Its 10-15 percent (I forogt which one) and its whenever you go in. 50 percent is before you come into work and after you leave and you get a free value meal for your lunch.

I was pissed because my brother picked me up and wanted food so he ordered some and they wouldn't give me my discount so I had to order it myself :whistle2:O. When I stopped working I would get like 5 value meals :p[/quote]

I dont know which McDonalds you work at but we get 50% off at any time, when were working or when we are not working. :D

Im a bellman/room service dude at the Holiday Inn. I get free lunch/dinner (depending on when you work), 50% off all food ordered in the restaurant, and employee rates at any Holiday Inn (around 30$ a night if im not mistaken, haven't used it yet).

[quote name='jetblac']I always wanted to mention this but it seemed difficult to set up but with all of us in here and our many discounts ( I get none ) This is my proposal, in example form...

Joe works at gamestop and fred works at target both need something from the other store they could use each others discounts and trade in that fashion. In a sense we could get whatever we wanted for at leat 20% off if we surfed those channels!
Since I have no discouts to give up, I should get credit for the idea and get unlimited access to everybodies discounts.

Think about that[/quote]

We already get at least 10% off games by using the GGC at BB ($5 off of $50 is 10% off), and shipping costs would cancel out the other 10% off, so it really wouldn't be worth it in the end. Even on higher-priced items, it wouldn't really be practical - would you ship a big-screen TV to a stranger in the hopes of getting a souped-up PC in return? The more you look at it, your little proposal really isn't that great of an idea.

And please tell me you're joking about getting "unlimited access" to these discounts.

[quote name='gamefreak']What's B Dalton?

Do those B&N discounts apply to music/videos too?[/quote]

B. Dalton is a smaller bookstore chain that B&N owns. And as far as I know the discount applies to anything in the bookstore. I've never heard of any stipulations.

When I worked at a video store, we got free rentals. Every so often the owner (it was an independent store thankfully) would get riled about some dumbass employee taking a popular movie home on a Friday or Saturday, or keeping one for too long and then we'd all have restrictions. Since I stopped working there a couple of years ago, I've watched MAYBE 12 movies.

And when I worked in the computer service dept of a local office supply place, I got everything at cost+10%. I might have used that ONCE in the 15-16 months I was there.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I get uhm paid vacation, housing (paid utilities), most weekends off, uhm...access to fitness centers, get paid to stay in shape...100% tuition (I still got to pay for books). I guess that is about it.[/quote]

Same for me my friend. I work on a mantenance team for an apartment complex. I get 50% off rent, Free cable (with hbo etc), Free cable modem with internet accsess, I get 3 weeks vacation a year, We never have anything to do, I get to leave when ever I want, Sice I live on property I can sneak off and enjoy CAG all day if I want, Pool, Fitness center, Paid schooling ( I have hope though so they have never had to pay! I should make them anyway It'll cover my bookS!) I get a free garage, Bonuses every month, Lots of OT, (if you want it...sometimes even if you don't!) Gas money for driving on property all day< and I thinks thats about it. Pretty cool huh? I kinda sucks plunging someone eles shit at 3:00 am but gota take the good with the bad I guess.

I don't work at Movie Gallery, but I'm aware of the perks.

You get free rentals (up to 3 out at a time) on movies/games 30+ days older.

On candy/drinks/etc, you get a 10% off discount. If your store happens to sell a shitty rack of Greatest Hits.. you get them at cost +5 or 10% markup (don't actually remember for sure). I'm not sure how it works if your Movie Gallery has a Game Zone attached to it..

[quote name='Mr_hockey66'][quote name='D4rkewolfe']I get uhm paid vacation, housing (paid utilities), most weekends off, uhm...access to fitness centers, get paid to stay in shape...100% tuition (I still got to pay for books). I guess that is about it.[/quote]

Same for me my friend. I work on a mantenance team for an apartment complex. I get 50% off rent, Free cable (with hbo etc), Free cable modem with internet accsess, I get 3 weeks vacation a year, We never have anything to do, I get to leave when ever I want, Sice I live on property I can sneak off and enjoy CAG all day if I want, Pool, Fitness center, Paid schooling ( I have hope though so they have never had to pay! I should make them anyway It'll cover my bookS!) I get a free garage, Bonuses every month, Lots of OT, (if you want it...sometimes even if you don't!) Gas money for driving on property all day< and I thinks thats about it. Pretty cool huh? I kinda sucks plunging someone eles shit at 3:00 am but gota take the good with the bad I guess.[/quote]

Yeah, I live in Athens and I hope that the HOPE scholarship is still around when I get older, if I haven't moved by then atleast. There are alot of different places I'd like to work when I get older here, we have so much for such a small city. We have Blockbuster (one of the ones that carries old games and you can trade games in), GameXChange, GameQuest, Electronics Boutique, Gamestop, Best Buy, Circuit City and Borders. Pretty good choices if I may say so myself.

I work at a condo and as of now I can stay in any resort owned by the company except the resort I work at for the cost of the cleaning bill.Dureing our peak season{Summer in Fl duh!} rooms run over 200$ a nite with a 3 night min.

The only problems with the Gamestop/B&N Discounts are:

1.Not Stackable. What the hell is that crap? Talk about sucking the fun right out of something!
"You can either use your employee dicount or get the buy 2 get 1 free deal." Screw that.

2.Maybe it's just my store, but my manager is ASS strict about us using the discounts. If he even THINKS we're doing a friend a favor.......

3. You have to prove you work at a Gamestop/Barnes and Noble whenever you make a purchase which means you have to carry around a check stub or your nametag. They can accept your SS Number, but they won't most of the time. Nothing's more aggravating than driving out of town to get to a B&N and forgetting your checkstub.

Beyond these reasons, my discount is pretty sweet. 20-30% off books and games? Yeah, I do like that part of my job.

Reality's Fringe said:
3. You have to prove you work at a Gamestop/Barnes and Noble whenever you make a purchase which means you have to carry around a check stub or your nametag. They can accept your SS Number, but they won't most of the time. Nothing's more aggravating than driving out of town to get to a B&N and forgetting your checkstub.

I feel your pain, I don't know how many times I've forgotten my check stub.

[quote name='gamefreak']Do you need a work permit to work when you're 16?[/quote]

Are you talking about GameStop or everywhere? I never did, but that depends on your state laws.

I work at a GAP, where the discount is pretty good. I get 50% off all full price stuff, 30% off sale, 30% off at banana republic, and 20% off at Old Navy

[quote name='rickc25']I work at a GAP, where the discount is pretty good. I get 50% off all full price stuff, 30% off sale, 30% off at banana republic, and 20% off at Old Navy[/quote]

My wife worked at the GAP once and you know you get I think 30% off gift cards! Stack that with your employee discount and you're rockin!

My fiancee works full time at Wal-Mart. She gets 10% off everything except food and clearance items.

They also have good medical and dental insurance.

i work at home depot, and we dont get any type of discount. every couple months they do have friends and family weekend, where we get ten coupons for ten percent off (non stackable), they only last like 3 days, and on those three days the managers give them out to the customers anyway, its a joke, but at least they pay well.

when i worked at circuit city, they had some "variable rate" system, which was good and bad. i could get audio equipment for as much as 50% off, games I got maybe 15%, and TV's and DVD's I didn't get anything.
working at the wiz, i got 0 discout.
working at toys r us, i got a 10% discount, which pretty much only covered the sales tax.

I work at a small café in the Naval Hospital on base and I get to eat whatever I want for free! All I have to do is write the prices of whatever I'm eating down on a price sheet like everyone else. My boss says she spends nearly $600 a month feeding us this way; this is why we cannot take what we eat outside the store, excepting snacks and drinks. All other leftovers must be eaten in store or thrown out.

I work at a resturant. After every shift I get a free meal (Which I get ALL of the time, even if Im not hungry. I just give it to someone. Ill take every chance to waste them money), and free soft drinks. Thats all. Nothing great.

bread's done
Back