Official K-Ville Thread

rvdrock

CAGiversary!
Just curious if anyone caught the Pilot of Fox's new show K-Ville, being originally from New Orleans, I am really wondering when they filmed this and so far the show seems like it might have legs. I am just glad Cole Hauser is getting some TV time, he's a pretty good actor and I think teaming him with Anthony Anderson works well.

Funny thing about the show, I didn't even know it was about the NOPD till this morning, but I Tivoed it, and so far I like what I see...

I saw it since it was on after Prison Break and I couldn't think of anything better to watch.

It was pretty good. I however see this being canceled eventually since that's what Fox does. I'd be very surprised to see this make it to a second season.

it was decent...but the ratings weren't so it won't have legs..I don't think this needed its own thread, it could have gone into the tv watercooler thread. They filmed it recently, and it might last longer then it should as it is putting money back into new orleans

I caught it and thought it was pretty good for a pilot. Some bits were a little hokey, but I see enough potential to stay with it at least for a couple more episodes. I do really like Anthony Anderson.

Bad news that the ratings were shit. Shows are canned pretty quickly these days.

Speaking of the water cooler thread, is there a new one for the new fall season? If not seems like a natural time to break off into a new one.

I saw some parts of it being filmed downtown as I work in an office along the Julia/Magazine Street area. The show was OK, it's got potential and the setting is one of a kind. There is so much to be done with what they have, we'll see if they make use of it.

Fox is promoting this as a "groundbreaking" new show. Hmmm, a white cop and a black cop, fighting crime in an exotic location, that premise is certainly original....

218700~Miami-Vice-Posters.jpg

Well the good news about kvilles ratings, was that it grew out of prison break by 27%. Prison breaks numbers were down a lot from last year. The bad news about kville is that it was roughly equal to last years show, vanished. Vanished didn't make it 10 episodes. In other good ratings news for kville, it did ok in repeats on tuesday.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Fox is promoting this as a "groundbreaking" new show. Hmmm, a white cop and a black cop, fighting crime in an exotic location, that premise is certainly original....

218700~Miami-Vice-Posters.jpg
[/QUOTE]

MV was the first show I thought of when they started the whole "local guy hates outsider partner" bit, which was straight out of the MV pilot.

I'd like it better if the storylines connect. It seems like a show like House or CSI where there is one problem, it gets fixed, and then next week is another brand new problem. It doesn't make me feel like I can't miss an episode.

major drop off for k ville...most likely due to hereos

Over at Fox, diluted Prison Break (#4: 4.7/ 7) was similar to it's week-ago season-premiere, but week two of crime drama K-Ville dipped to a 4.5/ 7 at 9 p.m. -- 27 percent below it's week-ago debut (6.2/ 9 in the overnights on Sept. 17, 2007). But retention for K-Ville out of Prison Break of a solid 96 percent makes it's a compatible player.

bread's done
Back