Official NHL Not 15 (14) Discussion/CAG Team Thread - Headsets On Pants Off! New Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being sarcastic. :p Very over rated first round draft pick. So keep your Rick Nash and we will take Jagr! ;)
I want both damnit! Loved Jagr when he was on the Rangers, he was a lot of fun to watch.

Heard that he played for the Stanley Cup as a teenager and then again at 41. That's pretty remarkable.

Screw that, I want the Rangers to bring Jagr back.
I could go for some Jagr in Detroit.

All I know is I am going to be doing some cutting of the wrists if the Wings re-sign Filppula... He has been one of my least favorite Wings for the past few years, along with Mr.-I-Get-Pushed-Around-In-Front-Of-The-Net-Like-A-Little-Bitch-And-Score-More-Goals-On-My-Own-Goalie-Kronwall

One thing we talked about while playing NHL 12 this past weekend was just wondering if GM Connected was going to be usable at all. When you're at the point that you're boasting about a "feature" like this, it's pretty scary...

• New commissioner improvements include an "invite to league" functionality and surfacing gamertags so it's easier to tell who is controlling which team.
Yeah, remember how after the league was created, you couldn't even invite people to it anymore? And they just had to search and find it on their own, lol. Well, at least that is fixed. The menus are also supposed to be faster. No mention at all though of playing less than an 82 game schedule. I really would love to have a working, functioning, hockey franchise for once. But I just don't know if it's possible when you have to plow through 82 games. When just making it through 2 seasons requires either playing 164 games (plus playoffs) or simming a lot of games and having no control over losses, injuries, etc. I don't know what you do.

Though, they didn't even let you guys control your own draft last year anyway, right? Just so many things about the GM Connected design that were so terrible. You'd think they didn't even bother to look at games like Madden or Fifa or The Show for ideas...and just came up with this 1999 Nintendo 64 level league system all on their own. I'm really hoping for better this year, but considering the type of things they're bragging about (improved messaging system! You don't have to back out of the menu to respond to trades anymore! wooooooo!!!), I doubt the actual functionality will be very different.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should have gotten an achievement and Ms points just got getting thru a season as quickly as we did with minimal simming

We should have gotten an achievement and Ms points just got getting thru a season as quickly as we did with minimal simming
Yeah, even getting through one season was a hell of an accomplishment. By comparison, 82 games would be the same as playing almost 3.5 seasons of Madden, counting pre season games and assuming you won the Super Bowl every year. The Official Madden league made it through 4 seasons this past year...but that took 9 months. We did that NHL season in what? 3? I still just can't grasp how EA thinks that many games is feasible when the entire point of the mode is getting through multiple seasons. Can they not see that it makes having a full league practically impossible? You either sim a lot of games or get burnt out before the Winter Classic.

Did we even have a Winter Classic in the league?  Hell did the second season even last?  I dropped due to work and seeing that I lost most of St. Luis during the off season and didn't even know who in the hell I drafted.

Did we even have a Winter Classic in the league? Hell did the second season even last? I dropped due to work and seeing that I lost most of St. Luis during the off season and didn't even know who in the hell I drafted.
Not sure if Twick just finished it out himself or what, but it definitely seemed like it was slowing down. But yeah, injuries were another terrible thing that need to be fixed. If they would just put a slider on most of this stuff and let us customize the features of the league that we want, I would be happy. But making everything so rigid is what ruins the mode. There's so much great potential there if they would just do it right.

And here we go with this again, lol.

993298_10151762327270996_415107853_n.jpg

Seriously...just put these people in charge of GM Connected. It blows my mind that we "commoners" get it, but the people being paid to make the game don't have a clue what features might be useful. Some of the things on this list are so basic. I really hope EA saw some of this.

http://www.nhlgaming.net/forums/topic/23044-nhl-14-10-improvements-for-gm-connected/

I actually did finish the second season (only me and MVP) and he won the cup again BTW.

I've been lurking this thread for a few days now. Not sure if I want to pick it up for 360 or PS3. If they actually fix the GM Connected so that u don't have to play all 82 games ill pick it up for 360, assuming we're gonna have another league.

But I just wanted to check in here and let people know I still have 13 and I'd be down to play whenever really.

I actually did finish the second season (only me and MVP) and he won the cup again BTW.

I've been lurking this thread for a few days now. Not sure if I want to pick it up for 360 or PS3. If they actually fix the GM Connected so that u don't have to play all 82 games ill pick it up for 360, assuming we're gonna have another league.

But I just wanted to check in here and let people know I still have 13 and I'd be down to play whenever really.
I tried tweeting the EA NHL Twitter page a few days ago to ask if it there's going to be an option to play less than 82 games. They haven't responded... It's crazy that they talk about having listened to what the community wants this year, but if you look around the internet, that's one of the top requested GM Connected issues. Tons of people just begging for even half the season, and talking about how much easier it would make things. I know I'd be thrilled for "only a 41 game season", haha. They have to be able to see that playing 82 games just kills the mode, right? I haven't heard of a single league (with more than 2 people) anywhere on the internet that made it through more than 2 seasons. That pretty much adds up to a pointless game mode.

Another thing I hope they fix is the defensive AI/non-calls. It annoys the shit out of me when I'm behind the net and trying to throw the puck out in front for a one-timer but my guy is already knocked on his ass and of course there's no penalty.

Our series was probably the most intense I have ever played in any sports game. You made the comment of how if it was a real life series it would have been an instant classic, and I couldn't have agreed more. To give everyone an idea, if I can remember off hand 6 of the 7 were 1 goal games and 4 of those were OT.

It's sad that I'm impressed by a goalie taking his helmet, glove and blocker off to fight. Best part of this video I thought. Also like the bruise as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MeD4NqUAc&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dz4MeD4NqUAc%26feature%3Dyoutu.be
Mobile Youtube link. Ick... ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4MeD4NqUAc[/youtube]

They mentioned something on Facebook about there being an easter egg at the end. I feel like I'm getting my hopes up way too high in hoping it's the "let's go old school" line and that there is an "NHL 94 mode" that allows you to play the old game with current roster (or even the original rosters...but that's probably way too ambitious considering NHLPA licenses). The other idea I can think of is having legend teams in the game ala the NBA 2K series. Honestly, either one would be a pretty big selling point.

There's been a lot of speculation that with the 20th Anniversary of NHL 94 being this year they'd do something with that. It would make sense, which means it's probably not that haha.

There's been a lot of speculation that with the 20th Anniversary of NHL 94 being this year they'd do something with that. It would make sense, which means it's probably not that haha.
LOL...my thoughts exactly. The Facebook comments seem to trend that direction as well. What makes me skeptical is that that would be a pretty big deal, and you'd think they would have announced it by now (ie. earlier than 2 months before the game releases). Even if they did have some version of NHL 94 in the game, I'd be surprised if it was anything more than single player anyway. Having a multi-player or "holy balls" EASHL NHL 94 would really be a huge point to build sales upon.

I think you'd hate EASHL 94 as much as you hate NHL 13. I played one game online and it was also my last.
You played NHL 94 online? Emulator? At least with that, you'd know what you were getting into. It's not something I'd really plan to spend a lot of time in, but it would be neat. Really, an EASHL mode for it is too ambitious, I'm sure. But basic online vs play would be cool. We'll see if we get anything though, haha.

All this talk of NHL 94 and nobody posted this:

http://youtu.be/owk4S0GGDbU

Bleed Wayne Bleed! Look at little Wayne's legs.

Our series was probably the most intense I have ever played in any sports game. You made the comment of how if it was a real life series it would have been an instant classic, and I couldn't have agreed more. To give everyone an idea, if I can remember off hand 6 of the 7 were 1 goal games and 4 of those were OT.
and didn't I blow a 4-0 lead in game 7? still kind of bitter about that lol

Not just her holding NHL 94, but it will be her holding two copies of it.  One to cover up each breast and some how Michael Bay will be involved.  

even if an "NHL 94" mode is included, I'm still waiting on this.  Got burned by 13 too bad to expect anything better for 14.

What's that saying, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...

even if an "NHL 94" mode is included, I'm still waiting on this. Got burned by 13 too bad to expect anything better for 14.

What's that saying, insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results...
Yeah, that train sailed a long time ago for many of us, lol. :whee:

They worked in it all year only becuse blue ice caused a game crippling bug where all skaters had huge purple dildos for sticks instead of their regular sticks. *insert wood joke here*

If it is seriously just the NHL 94 graphic overlays over the new game...not even the full old graphics, but just the God damn overlays, I'm going to shit in a box and mail it to EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back