Official Nintendo DS Stylus 3 Pack $4.99 @ CC

poopy

CAGiversary!
This is my first time posting a deal. Wheee! Anyways, I went to pick up a case for my DS at Circuit City today and noticed that both of the stores I went to had the official Nintendo DS Stylus 3 pack for 4.99. All the other stores I've been to charge $6.99 minimum. Gamestop even charges $7.99! So if you need some Stylii, CC is a good place to pick 'em up. Hope this is helpful to someone.

[quote name='punqsux']not a bad deal at all.[/quote]

Whoo! A Mod likes my deal: I've officially "made it". :D

I just want to add that this is not a sale price, but the regular sticker. So don't beat yourselves up trying to run out to the store before the sale ends. Also, this doesn't appear to be online at all. Then again, ever since CC redesigned their website, I can never find what I want. So it might be buried there somewhere. That is all for now. Take care.

I do believe the price to order a pack of three from Nintendo.com's store is $4.99 as well, at least it was when I checked right after I bought my DS. :p

Best Buy has the third party stylus packs for $4.99, but the Nintendo brand is several bucks more expensive. This sounds like the way to go if you want the official make.

[quote name='Zingela']I do believe the price to order a pack of three from Nintendo.com's store is $4.99 as well, at least it was when I checked right after I bought my DS. :p[/quote]

I just checked the US Nintendo Store and the price is $6.99.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Best Buy has the third party stylus packs for $4.99, but the Nintendo brand is several bucks more expensive.[/quote]

Yep, and I do believe the Official ones are the only Stylii that fit in the holder in the DS.

[quote name='poopy'][quote name='Zingela']I do believe the price to order a pack of three from Nintendo.com's store is $4.99 as well, at least it was when I checked right after I bought my DS. :p[/quote]

I just checked the US Nintendo Store and the price is $6.99.
[/quote]

Ouch. Good deal, then. Off to Circuit City I go. I don't have a problem with losing them myself, but my signifigant other has a nasty habit of not putting the stylus back in the provided slot. Combine this with two cats who will take anything not bolted down and small enough for them to carry. Grr.

I saw a 3-pack of METAL styluses (is that a word?) for DS @ BB for $4.99. It says on the package "WILL FIT IN DS STORAGE SLOT".......

Anyone try these out yet? I'm getting tired of the featherweight plastic stylus slipping out of my hands and I kinda wanna get a metal one.

Why do people need extra stylus pens ... what the hell are people doing with the other ones sticking them up their asses? :p

Put it in the dishwasher or something ... get alcohol swabs ...

[quote name='Gameboy415']I saw a 3-pack of METAL styluses (is that a word?) for DS @ BB for $4.99. It says on the package "WILL FIT IN DS STORAGE SLOT".......

Anyone try these out yet? I'm getting tired of the featherweight plastic stylus slipping out of my hands and I kinda wanna get a metal one.[/quote]

Are the tips metal or are they just weighted that way? I wouldn't want to scratch my screen. You'd think it'd be common sense for third parties to release products that don't ruin your system, but then you have companies making screen "protectors" that destroy the screens. Meh.

[quote name='poopy'][quote name='Gameboy415']I saw a 3-pack of METAL styluses (is that a word?) for DS @ BB for $4.99. It says on the package "WILL FIT IN DS STORAGE SLOT".......

Anyone try these out yet? I'm getting tired of the featherweight plastic stylus slipping out of my hands and I kinda wanna get a metal one.[/quote]

Are the tips metal or are they just weighted that way? I wouldn't want to scratch my screen. You'd think it'd be common sense for third parties to release products that don't ruin your system, but then you have companies making screen "protectors" that destroy the screens. Meh.[/quote]
how do the screen protectors destroy the screen? Just curious

I've lost one already, so I better pick a pack of these up. I hear that the Kirby game will have a rainbow-colored stylus that comes with it. I hope this is a trend in many games. Very cool little extra.

[quote name='poopy'][quote name='Gameboy415']I saw a 3-pack of METAL styluses (is that a word?) for DS @ BB for $4.99. It says on the package "WILL FIT IN DS STORAGE SLOT".......

Are the tips metal or are they just weighted that way? I wouldn't want to scratch my screen. You'd think it'd be common sense for third parties to release products that don't ruin your system, but then you have companies making screen "protectors" that destroy the screens. Meh.[/quote]

Check out www.nushield.com. They make a nice DS touch screen protector. They don't have one for the top screen, just the bottom.

The best part though is there is NO STICKY RESIDUE it tucks in around the screen. It's little tricky to figure out how to get it in at first, since the instructions aren't super clear. But it doesn't hurt the screen at all so you might wanna look into it.

[quote name='sonic911']
how do the screen protectors destroy the screen? Just curious[/quote]

I was probably harsh with the word "destroy", but I believe the Mad Catz (or Pelican) leave an awful sticky residue on the screens if you take them off. That's much worse than light scratches in my opinion.

[quote name='poopy'][quote name='sonic911']
how do the screen protectors destroy the screen? Just curious[/quote]
I was probably harsh with the word "destroy", but I believe the Mad Catz (or Pelican) leave an awful sticky residue on the screens if you take them off. That's much worse than light scratches in my opinion.[/quote]

ah i see, that sucks. I tried putting one of my pda's touch screen on, it was too hard so i gave up, but after that i felt like the back light has gotten weaker, i don't know maybe it's just me

Jimbodan,

Do you personally own the NuShield protector? Also, have you tried their screen cleaners?

This is the perfect thing for the DS if it works well, and I'll get some immediately if you recommend them.

Thanks!
-Strell

The tips are the same as the official ones from what I could tell. The actual STICK part of the Stylus is metal tho.

bread's done
Back