Official OnLive thread

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I searched around and didn't see any official OnLive thread, so I figured I'd go ahead and make one so fellow CAGs can send friend requests and possibly schedule some online gaming together.

My PlayerTag is The Dracula.

What are you guys currently playing on the service?

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's the current OnLive promotion.

I gotta say this is what got me really into the service. I've toyed around with it here and there, but I've really been looking forward to Homefront, been meaning to play Metro 2033 for a long time and have wanted an OnLive microconsole. It was pretty much a deal I couldn't pass up.
b_homefront_01.jpg

Every once in a while a film or game comes along that creates a world so vivid and believable that it gives you chills. Homefront, written by John Milius (Apocalypse Now), is one such game.

Set in a future where a foreign invader has broken the U.S. military, occupied America and beaten its citizens into submission, Homefront paints a picture so frightening and riveting that it makes you want to join the Resistance and fight back.

We’re pleased to announce that Homefront will be instantly available to OnLive members on March 15 at midnight. And, when it does, we want you to be able to pick up a controller and soak in the epic, war-torn landscape of Homefront in your living room on your HDTV… so we’re giving you an OnLive Game System for FREE (while supplies last).

Here’s what we’ll do when you pre-order Homefront on the OnLive Game Service:

• We’ll immediately send you a Full PlayPass for instant access to Metro 2033 to hone your shooting skills.
  • Then the day Homefront launches, you’ll be able to get an OnLive Game System for just the cost of taxes and shipping so that you can start honing your skills on the big screen in the living room. Yep, a $99 value for FREE.
Something about those THQ games makes us rebellious … get in on this before our Finance department finds out what we’re doing!

—John Spinale, VP of Games & Media

So is anyone playing Homefront?

Apparently, there are a few issues with it running on OnLive. Currently, 32 player matches aren't available, in-game voice chat isn't enabled, and some people are experiencing connection issues when playing online multi-player. The load times are also pretty noticeable.

Other than that, though, the single-player experience has been relatively pain free for me so far.

I'm more curious about an overall review from a serious gamer. The technology intrigues me but I'm afraid to take the plunge.

[quote name='madk']I'm more curious about an overall review from a serious gamer. The technology intrigues me but I'm afraid to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

So far what I've heard from gamers that have used it has been positive in regards to single player games and renting games.

[quote name='madk']I'm more curious about an overall review from a serious gamer. The technology intrigues me but I'm afraid to take the plunge.[/QUOTE]

I've only really played the campaigns on Metro 2033 and Homefront, and I'll be testing out the multiplayer in Homefront tonight.

I'm on a really good connection with about 25 Mbps download speeds, so I don't experience much lag at all when playing single player.

What I really like about the whole set up is I can plug in a wired 360 controllers and the settings are automatically mapped just like they'd be in any 360 game. It really does a great job of recreating the console experience, I think.

I'm playing Homefront and so far I like it. Being spring break, not many ppl are using the connection here at my campus so I doubt this great connection with onlive will last.

There are some issues..... Like dropped hosts, input lag, video lag, and stream lag(due to college connection). Although I thought it would be unplayable I've manged to fair well and reach level 25 rather quickly. I feel that Homefront while not innovative as an fps was totally worth the price as the SP was and enjoyable experience and the online play is really fun.

It feels almost like Socom in terms of how many bullets it takes to drop someone but handles like Bad Company 2 with maneuvering vehicles and drones. I wish there was voice chat then we could actually have more tactical battles due to better class choices when needed. I figure they are still working on it so I'll be sticking around for a while or at least until level 75 lol -Vikash(onlive) out!

For Saturday and Sunday ONLY, there will be a 30% off sale on 5 popular Achievement based OnLive Games.

They include:
- Luxor 2 - Now $6.99
- Red Faction: Guerrilla - Now $13.99
- Homefront - Now $34.99
- Remington Super Slam Hunting: Africa – Now $13.99
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – Now $34.99

While this sale is not as large as some of the others we have seen in the past, it’s still a rather large discount toward several of the top multiplayer, achievement based games for OnLive.

On top of this great offer, OnLive is also announcing an Achievements Contest. The contest, only eligible for the 5 games above will run from April 16, 2011 at 12:01AM PDT until April 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM PDT (same time period as the sale).
Anyone who scores over 5,000 Achievement Points in this time, will receive a promotional code for a free full Play Pass, while those scoring over 2,000 points will receive a 50% off promo code toward any full Play Pass. Players are only eligible for 1 prize, and there will not be a limited amount of winners.

So did anyone participate in the Achievement Weekend? I picked up Red Faction and got around 2,000 Achievement points, which, added to my Homefront Achievements, gives me around 3,000.

I was trying to get to 5,000, but real life got in the way, and I was only able to play about seven or eight hours over the weekend.

Either way, I think this is a great idea, and really gives gamers an incentive to play the service, other than just to rack up Achievement points. I'm hoping OnLive will do something like this regularly. I'd love to be able to get free games by playing games.

bread's done
Back