Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
If I already own "Drive Club" will I have to buy this to support VR or will it get patched with regular "Driveclub" or is "Driveclub VR" a gold edition that supports Bikes too?
No bikes in DriveClub VR as far as I'm aware. DriveClub VR is an entirely new game, - it's not an add-on for DriveClub. Those who bought the season pass for DriveClub prior to the DriveClub VR price announcement will get the game for $19.99, instead of $39.99.

Anyone get a shipment notice from amazon yet?
Yeah, the email arrived @ 4:09PM EDT

It was shipped USPS though and currently has this status:

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

So........ prolly not gonna arrive on Thursday.

Yeah, the email arrived @ 4:09PM EDT

It was shipped USPS though and currently has this status:

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

So........ prolly not gonna arrive on Thursday.
Well it has a chance. I get movies and games on release date even if they dont ship out until the previous day. I guess we shall see

Mine hasnt shipped either, but I live in Indiana near a ton of UPS/USPS facilities, so its not unusual for my stuff to ship the day/night before.

BTW, the PS VR Wikipedia page lists out which titles are exclusive. Tough choice for me if this is worth getting so I can play 4 or so games. `~`

I really think Drive Club would be really good with VR and a steering wheel. Just not sure if a wheel would be worth the money, they aren't cheap....

Neither of mine have shipped either. The Core on Amazon says it's Shipping and my Launch Bundle from BB is Processing, and has been since Saturday. I'm guessing they'll both ship out tomorrow and they will arrive on Thursday though.

Anyone thinking about going to the store to just purchase a unit. Walmart might be worth a try? With most being open 24hrs, you could try to go at midnight. This could be worth a shot especially if your BB isn't doing a midnight release.

No bikes in DriveClub VR as far as I'm aware. DriveClub VR is an entirely new game, - it's not an add-on for DriveClub. Those who bought the season pass for DriveClub prior to the DriveClub VR price announcement will get the game for $19.99, instead of $39.99.
Thanks WilliamG. It shows up as $20 under the store right?

Same here I just won earlier but I sold my PS4 for profit awhile ago. I do plan on getting the Pro though but my budget is kinda tight right now and I prefer getting the Scorpio. Hopefully family will gift me a Pro for the holidays lol. If not maybe I should sell it and put funds on Scorpio.
Stop being frivolous and spend some money.

Thanks WilliamG. It shows up as $20 under the store right?
Not yet. Nobody can buy it yet on the PSN Store. Just lets me add it to my wishlist.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/driveclub-vr/cid=UP9000-CUSA04779_00-XXXXXDRIVECLUBVR

On a sidenote, if you guys haven't bought it yet, Thumper is AMAZEBALLS! I don't have my PSVR yet, of course, but boy is this game freaking awesome without VR. Crank your sound up and sit close to your TV and it will literally blow your mind (literally). If you guys liked Frequency or Amplitude, - or hell - just like good rhythm games with perfect 60fps, this game is the mammaries. I can't imagine how insane it will be when my get VR set up on Thursday. :D

Videos can't possibly do this title any justice. DO IT NOW. DO NOT THINK. CLICK BUY.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/thumper/cid=UP1613-CUSA03559_00-THUMPERPS4FULL00

Alright CAG psvr community is live. I ended up going with Cheap VR Gamers as the title. I figured I would make it an open community with no invite required just save people the trouble of asking for an invite. I also made some posts shamelessly advertising the community on some other CAG related communities.

Not yet. Nobody can buy it yet on the PSN Store. Just lets me add it to my wishlist.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/driveclub-vr/cid=UP9000-CUSA04779_00-XXXXXDRIVECLUBVR

On a sidenote, if you guys haven't bought it yet, Thumper is AMAZEBALLS!
amazeballs.gif

So my Amazon order shipped but now my BB order isn't showing up? When I goto my Orders, recently it has shown in the top Processing section. Now it that spot it just says "Order Unavailable at This Time". Wtf does this mean? Maybe just a glitch with the site and tomorrow it'll update?

I really think Drive Club would be really good with VR and a steering wheel. Just not sure if a wheel would be worth the money, they aren't cheap....
I don't play driving game without a wheel since there was force feedback driving wheel years ago, until one day we would use game controller to drive real car.

But there is a problem I think about using VR is at time it will be slower to find the shifter (Logitech G27) as you can't see it.

How much is the wheel?  Looks like it would be difficult to set up.

Also, how do you accelerate/brake if you're using one?

Are all Best Buy stores using the ticket system?

To those going on Thursday morning, what time are you planning to go?

Can i get a stock check on 896 and 516. Shipping by today for home delivery tomorrow is looking unlikely.

I don't play driving game without a wheel since there was force feedback driving wheel years ago, until one day we would use game controller to drive real car.
But there is a problem I think about using VR is at time it will be slower to find the shifter (Logitech G27) as you can't see it.
If you actually knew how to drive a stick shift you wouldn't need to look for it or see it. You just know where it is. It's second nature.

Lol I completely forgot I ordered a VR bundle on Newegg, just got charged and I was like WTF. But Newegg apparently charge no tax. Just $5.99 for shipping. Saves a good $36.

Lol I completely forgot I ordered a VR bundle on Newegg, just got charged and I was like WTF. But Newegg apparently charge no tax. Just $5.99 for shipping. Saves a good $36.
I'm debating about lining up outside a GS to get a bundle there because they don't charge tax on trade credit. I'd save $41 but I'd probably have to line up for 3 or so hours for the midnight release.

You may want to call GS to make sure they have extras. My GS said they have 2 extra cores but no extra bundles. Everything else is reserved.

Stores 516 and 896 are expecting around 10 bundle versions each. CS Rep told me my order should ship today for tomorrow delivery so we'll see how that works out. Also, maybe it's known around here but I just learned that Rez Infinite has a pretty great dynamic theme free with avatars when preordered and oddly none are available for purchase separately. Here's the theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S07ej_yf0QI

Mines shipped Whoo hoo I am feigning for eve valkrye but 60 bucks....Has me like Yipes,Zonk LOL..  Are vr games sold in stores disc based or download only?   I ask for gcu purposes. 

One more question regarding the bundle.  

What are you alls thoughts on the mini ps4 being constantly connected and powered up even when not using the vr headset?    Are you all the types to use it then put it away when you finish?  Or just leave it there?

Woke up this morning to a shipping notification from BB. Was starting to get concerned. Apparently a ton of people have been having orders at BB get cancelled, for no reason at all.

Was everyone's plans for games? Going digital or physical? While physical, you could trade in, especially smaller experiences. But I think digital would be way easier to switch games, especially with the headset on.

Well I got the batman game, playstation worlds, and the blood rush game for now. Just wanted a variety of games to get me started.

Really wish I could have gotten in on that eve deal some of you did. I want it, but cant swing 60 for it.

ack.... Best Buy sent me an "update payment" email for this... better not cause any problems because I cancelled my Amazon order. =(

Was everyone's plans for games? Going digital or physical? While physical, you could trade in, especially smaller experiences. But I think digital would be way easier to switch games, especially with the headset on.
Physical where GCU works, digital to get to the 100$ this month and qualify for 15 back. It's a CAG combo. Mine shipped as well, absolutely fucking pumped but still don't know estimated delivery date. Depending on whether RIGs, Battlezone, or Eve become the reigning multiplayer champ I'll join the CAG community for some VR multiplayer. Another interesting factoid I just saw Eve is crossplay which may help the size of the online community.

For those that may work at retail stores, does it look like I will be able to walk into a store and buy one of these tomorrow?

Battlezone looks like theres a bit more to it than initially meets the eye. I'm still not seeing any real reviews of any of the games though.. is there a embargo on reviews until launch day?

For those that may work at retail stores, does it look like I will be able to walk into a store and buy one of these tomorrow?
Decent supply .. Not a ton, but more than I expected. The wild card is demand. No idea if this will be a line up and wait type of launch.

Alright CAG psvr community is live. I ended up going with Cheap VR Gamers as the title. I figured I would make it an open community with no invite required just save people the trouble of asking for an invite. I also made some posts shamelessly advertising the community on some other CAG related communities.
Do you have a link for it? I don't see it in the listed forums.

Do you have a link for it? I don't see it in the listed forums.
It's a psn community. If you post you're psn name I can friend request you and then send you an invite, or you can just search the Cheap VR Gamers name on the PlayStation communities tab on your ps4. You can join without an invite.

are you talking about that ONE bad review from digital spy?
I've seen multiple bad reviews saying it's the worst looking PS VR game and it's vomit inducing. Apparently all the screenshots they used are in 4k, but the actual gameplay is so low quality that you can't even see the road half the time.

Not surprising considering how messed up the original game was at launch and their lack of honesty in promoting it

On a sidenote, if you guys haven't bought it yet, Thumper is AMAZEBALLS! I don't have my PSVR yet, of course, but boy is this game freaking awesome without VR. Crank your sound up and sit close to your TV and it will literally blow your mind (literally). If you guys liked Frequency or Amplitude, - or hell - just like good rhythm games with perfect 60fps, this game is the mammaries. I can't imagine how insane it will be when my get VR set up on Thursday. :D

Videos can't possibly do this title any justice. DO IT NOW. DO NOT THINK. CLICK BUY.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/thumper/cid=UP1613-CUSA03559_00-THUMPERPS4FULL00
If it has popular artists like in Amplitude and not underground like Frequency, I'm not interested.

The past several times I ordered something from Best Buy for launch day delivery, they shipped the item the afternoon before and the item arrived by the middle of release day. I think I had a game ship as late as 8:00 PM one time and it still arrived the next day for launch.

bread's done
Back